News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Male vs Female singers, your pick

Started by Acid Lips, August 05, 2010, 12:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid Lips

I am a big fan of music like some of you might had figure out. I consider music to be not only a method of releasing stress but a way for you to escape this world and troubles and just be happy sing and even cry. A friend of mine brought a discussion to my attention, male singers vs female singers. We girls have to choose between male or female singers. Who has better voice? who is just better at singing male or female?.

In my opinion Females. Their voices for songs are just perfect to get you in whatever mood you want. The song related to us in a lot of ways, here is one of my favorite songs to inspire me to go on, forget about my past and keep on living, post lyrics or songs that are your favorite and decided MEN VS WOMAN

Mary J. Blige - No More Drama

Endorphin

That really depends a several things, including; the style of music, what mood you're in and the talent of the performer. It could even be split into genres. I usually prefer male voices for most rock music, either for things that are softer and I prefer a female vocalist for songs I listen to in the bedroom.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Acid Lips

True but not be fooled there are a lot of woman rockers that I think can do it better than any man can

DELIGHT - Divided

Case and point ^^ but I agree a lot of male voices compare to females but they dont fall behind at all I think they can equal males on rock

lenka

I find I am aways drawn to women....I let loose with the vocals and power out with them..Florence and the Machine!!!!George! so many beauties!

Starfall Smiting Prince

Well in general I do prefer female singers but can't beat having strong vocals in songs like this:
Notre Dame de Paris song 19 Belle

Brian Boru

U2 - With Or Without You

Bono has always had the ultimate voice...I prefer male vocals in most instance, but the right mood and the right voice...for instance...I'm all over the Nora Jones.

A/As Updated 12/7 - PLEASE READ
A/As updated 2/20/11

DiverseDesires

now that is really weird - reading Acid I was thinking of this:

Mary J. Blige, U2 - One

To be honest I really can't get this question - because it so depends on the song - but in some instances it is so very very clear from my point of view at least.......

so if you had to choose betwen JB and   Alexandra Burke:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (Original Studio Version)

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Every time for me it's JB - but when I asked question  on 'this or that' the other day - the following member who posted said they chose Alexandra - so each to their own!
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

JerichoMyers

I've been half and half since my discovery of Lights and Pantera.

Brian Boru

Quote from: DiverseDesires on August 13, 2010, 10:20:11 AM
now that is really weird - reading Acid I was thinking of this:

Mary J. Blige, U2 - One

To be honest I really can't get this question - because it so depends on the song - but in some instances it is so very very clear from my point of view at least.......

so if you had to choose betwen JB and   Alexandra Burke:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (Original Studio Version)

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Every time for me it's JB - but when I asked question  on 'this or that' the other day - the following member who posted said they chose Alexandra - so each to their own!

All very astute observations. I think if I were to have my choice - I'd pick a duet...sometimes stronger on the male vocal, other times stronger female vocals...but but they sound great in harmony ;)

A/As Updated 12/7 - PLEASE READ
A/As updated 2/20/11

Lilias

Most of my favourite singers, band fronts as well as solos, are female. It must be something about being able to analyse and identify with their range. I love duets too - look at what a massive improvement Seether's 'Broken' was when Amy Lee joined in.

If I had to pick just one favourite voice of all time, it would have to be David Coverdale - he's been turning me to a quivering bunch of hormones for a quarter of a century now. But what is found in my player most of the time is the female-fronted branch of symphonic metal. Specimens to follow.

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun 2005

Epica - Never Enough

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

Delain - Frozen
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Acid Lips

Lilias I know the first three the fourth I have no idea who she is, I guess I will hear her and research her hehe thanks.

MasterMischief

Chicks.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy male artists too, but in general, I prefer female singers.

Jason Masters

I also prefer Male artist.

James Blunt - 1973 (live)

James Blunt - 1973 (live)

Bryan Adams - Heaven - Acoustic Live

Byran Adams - Heaven (live)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=80623.0

Ugh... Work and life have been consuming my life everything on here is on halt... sorry everyone