News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Chrystal's Crazy Questions thread

Started by Chrystal, July 04, 2010, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lypiphera

Nice thread :D!

Heres a prompt I tried asking a newbie but got no reply to and would love to see someone tackle: Describe to me your favourite colour without using its name or the names of related shades (like scarlet for red)!

Chrystal

Woah. Nice one. I'm not surprised the newbie bottled out.

Lets see.

I am less a colour, more the abscence of colour. I am what you see when you cannot see. And yet, I am one of the most difficult colours to create properly. I go with everything, and yet I stand alone, in sharp contrast to all. I am the space between the stars, the depths of the pit. I am the fur of the cat that sticks to your pale coloured clothing and refuses to brush off.

Of course, I am helped enormously in this that my favourite colour is easy to describe!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lypiphera

Hehe!

That was lovely, thank you! Great to see someone giving it a go even though it was a toughie!

Chrystal

You're welcome. But you realise this means retaliation?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angzyn

Okay Chrystal you asked me a great question so it my turn now hon.

If you could be any animal in the world what would it be and why?
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Chrystal

*chuckles*

First of all, dear, I'm going to say that I have been asked that one at least once already, so you can have another go, free of charge. But I'm also going to point out the very obvious answer to it...

<-------------------<<

Mrrrip?

Ah, but why....! Cat's are sexy. Cats are cool. Cats always land on their feet. Cats have nine lives. Cats have superstitions woven around them. Cats have long wavy tails. Cats are soft and furry. Cats have claws! Cats have sharp teeth! Cats are smart. Cats are independent. Cats are, quite simply, amazing.

"For I am the cat who walks by [her]self and all places are alike to me!" - Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories.

Coreli

Quote from: Lypiphera on August 30, 2010, 05:50:22 PM
Nice thread :D!

Heres a prompt I tried asking a newbie but got no reply to and would love to see someone tackle: Describe to me your favourite colour without using its name or the names of related shades (like scarlet for red)!

My favorite color -

It's a whisper that floats in through an open window on a autumn day. It is mysterious and silent - unable to express itself in a single emotion. It is timeless and often takes to places you dare not go. But for some, the journey is needed. It is also rich in Possibilities, allowing poets to find their muse on the darkest of nights. – Coreli

Chrystal

Oooh. Hello Coreli. I'm going to say Silver.

The silver of a cobweb, the silver of a still pool of water, The silver of a fast flowing river, and the silver of moonlight!

That was an entertaining little riddle, very poetic.

Coreli

Quote from: Chrystal on September 14, 2010, 02:47:12 PM
Oooh. Hello Coreli. I'm going to say Silver.

The silver of a cobweb, the silver of a still pool of water, The silver of a fast flowing river, and the silver of moonlight!

That was an entertaining little riddle, very poetic.

Thank you Chrystal. It was actually black, but Silver makes total sense. Glad you liked - hope to run into you again -

Kitsunetsuki

I love your new avatar, Chrystal!! ;D

I'm testing out a question I've been considering using on the newbies...see what you think, eh?

I have been fascinated with the Tarot since I was quite young and have been reading the cards since I was sixteen. I find Tarot interesting, not only because of its nature, but also because the decks used are so colourful and alive. I think most readers have a favourite deck, and I am no exception. I absolutely adore my Fey deck. So, I was wondering if I could show you some of my favourite cards & let you pick the one that appeals to you the most? There’s no right or wrong answer, though I would love to hear the reason for your choice.

Three of Wands
The Sun
Seven of Swords

So, of course, I would love to hear your choice, Chrystal - and if you feel up to it, you could always write a little something about the card, as well. A poem or a few paragraphs of a story...

(p.s. I'd love your input on the question, itself!) <3
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Coreli

Quote from: Bostonesq on July 19, 2010, 01:42:31 PM
Chrystal:  My favorite question to answer so far was "what do you miss most about being a kid?" Care to let us all know how you would answer that one? Great thread by the way!

Great question.

As I sit in the sounds of silence I am taken to a place that remains vivid in my mind. It was a time when life was simple, and the innocence of youth remained intact. Endless days spent outdoors, with the only care in the world revolved around when it was time to come in. Simple pleasures where at every turn, and the future seemed so distant.

Unfortunately, the world has a way of taking our innocence. It changes us, and we forget what it is like to be a child. Our creativity soon fades, and we must struggle to find those secret places in our soul that drive us to search for the answers.

Growing up is never easy, but hopefully the memories of long summer days remain.

- Coreli

Coreli

Quote from: Kit on July 04, 2010, 05:14:35 PM
Begin a story with this mixed proverb: Revenge is bliss.

Revenge is bliss. It comes to us after we have been hurt, and the pain lingers in our heart. It is often swift and insightful, as we use intimate details to strike back at those who have left us damaged and fragile. In those moments we are healed, if only for a sliver of time. Soon, the pain will return, for no form of revenge will ever take the place of the wounds suffered. But in that moment, revenge is sweet. It is satisfying. And yes, it is Bliss.

- Coreli

Coreli

Quote from: Starlequin on July 06, 2010, 04:12:56 AM

You awaken one morning and discover that a new law passed in the middle of the night. All technology has been outlawed! How do you respond?

What do you do?

It had been several days since the moratorium began, and world was at a standstill. Government forces were now roaming the silent streets, in search of those who were even suspected of breaking the law. Rumor had it that camps were set up outside the city, to hold the hundreds and thousands who refused to submit. No trial, no jury and no sign that they would ever be free again.

Today though, there would be change, as word quickly spread of "The Battle of Chicago". There, people rose against the tyranny and oppression that was filling the land and chose to take a stand now, before all hope was lost.

They were lead by a man knows as "The Captain" - and within only a few short days his legend was born.

So, on this day, I packed what I could carry and set out for Chicago. There, I would join the resistance, and there, I would stand with Captain against those who would take our freedoms.

- coreli

Chrystal

Quote from: Kit on September 15, 2010, 03:31:38 AM
I love your new avatar, Chrystal!! ;D

I'm testing out a question I've been considering using on the newbies...see what you think, eh?

I have been fascinated with the Tarot since I was quite young and have been reading the cards since I was sixteen. I find Tarot interesting, not only because of its nature, but also because the decks used are so colourful and alive. I think most readers have a favourite deck, and I am no exception. I absolutely adore my Fey deck. So, I was wondering if I could show you some of my favourite cards & let you pick the one that appeals to you the most? There’s no right or wrong answer, though I would love to hear the reason for your choice.

Three of Wands
The Sun
Seven of Swords

So, of course, I would love to hear your choice, Chrystal - and if you feel up to it, you could always write a little something about the card, as well. A poem or a few paragraphs of a story...

(p.s. I'd love your input on the question, itself!) <3

Hey Kit. Wonderful idea for a question.

The one of those three that appeals to me most - to my darker nature that you already know and love, dear, is the Ace of Swords.

In fact, that has always been my favourite Tarot card, and is even my favourite playing card.

It is the most powerful card of the - um I forget which arcana it is, major or minor - but the most powerful in the arcana it is in. In the modern deck, the ace of spades is the most powerful card.

And I do love that picture of the fae, all-but transparent, clearly waiting in ambush. Appeals to my darker side too!

Input regarding the question, I would hope you will select random cards for each time you ask it?

And obviously, you could give a reading of sorts based upon the three cards dealt, and the one selected! And I do think asking the applicant to write something about the picture is an excellent idea.... (Oh... maybe she isn't waiting in ambush...!)

Reasha tiptoed along the castle wall, the Sword of Power heavy in her hand. Getting in had been easy, her chameleon skin had enabled her to blend with her surroundings. Guards had walked right past her. One had trodden on her toe. But now she had the weapon, and suddenly she was visible. At least, the weapon was. No one would miss seeing a huge shining sword floating along in mid air, and so she had been forced to take a different route out of the King's castle.

And suddenly a guard coming up the stair she had been descending had forced her through a small door and out onto the battlements. She froze, then crept forward, as softly as she could. Don't look up, don't look up! She willed the guards in the courtyard below. And then a sound from behind her made her turn. The door she had come through was opening!

Reasha panicked. The sword was too heavy for her to fly with. She was exposed here. She had no choice. She flung the weapon out over the moat as hard as she could, and flattened herself against the stonework. Two of the human guards strolled out onto the parapet. "Funny," said the one. "I could 'ave sworn I 'eard this door close just as we was comin' up..."

"No one 'ere though" the other replied. "Prob'ly just the wind."

The two men heard a splash from below and looked down at the moat. "Fish 're jumpin, tonight!"

They went back in and Reasha breathed again. She spread her wings and dived down into the moat. It was dark and murky, but the sword's power drew her to it. She grinned as she lifted it from the mud. It was too heavy to swim to the surface with, so she dragged it along the bottom until she could clamber out. Finally, she was out of the Castle. She laughed gleefully as she fled into the forest.

The King's power was broken, the sword belonged to the Fae, and a new age of terror had begun!

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Chrystal on September 15, 2010, 04:37:46 PM
Hey Kit. Wonderful idea for a question.

The one of those three that appeals to me most - to my darker nature that you already know and love, dear, is the Ace of Swords.

In fact, that has always been my favourite Tarot card, and is even my favourite playing card.

It is the most powerful card of the - um I forget which arcana it is, major or minor - but the most powerful in the arcana it is in. In the modern deck, the ace of spades is the most powerful card.

And I do love that picture of the fae, all-but transparent, clearly waiting in ambush. Appeals to my darker side too!

Input regarding the question, I would hope you will select random cards for each time you ask it?

And obviously, you could give a reading of sorts based upon the three cards dealt, and the one selected! And I do think asking the applicant to write something about the picture is an excellent idea.... (Oh... maybe she isn't waiting in ambush...!)

Reasha tiptoed along the castle wall, the Sword of Power heavy in her hand. Getting in had been easy, her chameleon skin had enabled her to blend with her surroundings. Guards had walked right past her. One had trodden on her toe. But now she had the weapon, and suddenly she was visible. At least, the weapon was. No one would miss seeing a huge shining sword floating along in mid air, and so she had been forced to take a different route out of the King's castle.

And suddenly a guard coming up the stair she had been descending had forced her through a small door and out onto the battlements. She froze, then crept forward, as softly as she could. Don't look up, don't look up! She willed the guards in the courtyard below. And then a sound from behind her made her turn. The door she had come through was opening!

Reasha panicked. The sword was too heavy for her to fly with. She was exposed here. She had no choice. She flung the weapon out over the moat as hard as she could, and flattened herself against the stonework. Two of the human guards strolled out onto the parapet. "Funny," said the one. "I could 'ave sworn I 'eard this door close just as we was comin' up..."

"No one 'ere though" the other replied. "Prob'ly just the wind."

The two men heard a splash from below and looked down at the moat. "Fish 're jumpin, tonight!"

They went back in and Reasha breathed again. She spread her wings and dived down into the moat. It was dark and murky, but the sword's power drew her to it. She grinned as she lifted it from the mud. It was too heavy to swim to the surface with, so she dragged it along the bottom until she could clamber out. Finally, she was out of the Castle. She laughed gleefully as she fled into the forest.

The King's power was broken, the sword belonged to the Fae, and a new age of terror had begun!

*applauds* Bravissima!! Very well written, naturally ;) I have a few cards lined up to use, yes. Although, that one there is the Seven of Swords, not the Ace ;) The Ace of Swords for that deck looks like this:

The reason why the fey is transparent in the Seven of Swords is that the card is meant to represent trickery, theft, and deception. In more traditional decks, the Seven of Swords often shows a man stealing away with a bunch of swords. ;) I do rather like the Ace as well...Although, my favourite Ace is the Ace of Cups. <3

Oh, and I'm actually doing readings in my Fortune Teller thread, but I haven't had the time lately to open it up. Wah!  :'( I'll get back to it eventually...

Best wishes on a speedy approval for you! Hahaha...Kidding ;)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

*giggles*

I didn't see the 7 in the corner! (duh!) Normally, the numbers are represented by the number of swords.

Interesting that I interpreted the card correctly! ;)