A different twist on the Wish game

Started by Zebu, May 10, 2010, 02:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebu

So, here's the deal.  Everyone knows how to play the wish-twisting game, right?  Player A makes a wish, player B describes that wish gone horribly wrong and makes a new wish, which Player C twists, etc.

There are numerous threads in this forum where you can play that game.  This is not one of them.  Instead, here whoever is granting the wish has to describe the grant in a way based on the actions of someone who genuinely wants the best for the person wishing.  I'll give you an example.

Player A: I wish for watermelon!
Player B: Wish Granted!  You receive the ripest, sweetest, most juicy watermelon in existence, and a knife to cut it with!

You see that?  The watermelon doesn't fall from the sky and kill the person wishing.  It didn't turn out to be stolen, or rotten, or have an impenetrable shell.  The loving fairy godmother wants the best for the person wishing!
But that alone would be boring.  So when granting wishes with the heartfelt desire to make the wisher happy, there's a catch.  Player C.  The WICKED fairy godmother.  The wicked fairy godmother (WFG, or astral entity of choice) comes along and tries to ruin the wish granted by the good fairy godmother and turn it into a source of pain and sorrow.  The WFG cannot directly reverse the actions of the person granting the wish (they couldn't just make the watermelon disappear), but they have all the same abilities as the good fairy godmother (GFG).  To continue the example:

Player A: I wish for watermelon!
Player B: Wish Granted!  You receive the ripest, sweetest, most juicy watermelon in existence as a gift from your grandfather!
Player C: A stray baseball hits the super-ripe watermelon, causing it to explode in your face!  Everyone you know points and laughs!
Then Player C makes a new wish, and the cycle continues.

And there you have it.  Remember, it's not enough for Player C to make Player A miserable-- they have to be miserable because of the wish.  Player B should keep this in mind when granting the wish-- try to grant it in a way that Player C can't easily twist.  Just keep in mind that you have to actually grant the wish asked-- if Player A wishes for some caramel corn, you can't make them and everyone they love permanently immortal and happy.  That's the government's job.  Anyways, I don't plan to give an official list of "winners" and "losers," but this is very much a competition!

Alright, first wish:

I wish I had a million dollars.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Selene

Granted! You win the lottery and with all the winning numbers you claim one million dollars!

Shadowsteel

However, 200 other people also won this million dollar lottery, and you must fight to the death to claim it. The government then takes half.

I wish I had a car
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Zebu

Granted!  An uncle you've never heard of sends you a new car, of exactly the type you want, as a gift!
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Selene

Unfortunately it is an electric car and no one caters for that kind of power into the area...where they do is too far to drive the car.

I wish for perfect grades.

Shadowsteel

granted, you have studied for months and had a great year, and you got perfect grades
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?