What are you reading?

Started by Paradox, November 25, 2008, 09:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovebug

Uncle by J.P. Martin

Back in print courtesy of the New York Review of Books. Beyond any shadow of a doubt, the finest and funniest psychological study of a pompous but kind-hearted billionaire elephant in the history of English literature.

Thufir Hawat

I'm reading Dune, again :D .
Not quite surprising, given my current screen name, is it?
Well, it is a good read ;) !
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

ParisaEnyaSantika

I'm currently reading Joanne Fluke's Candy Cane Murder.

The books are part of a series of murder mysteries that take place in a small town. There are also recipes from "The Cookie Jar" the main characters bakery featured in each book. I recommend this series to anyone who loves mysteries or just some good deserts.    
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads ~H.D. Throeau

on/off

Belladonna

Currently, I am indulging in several tales featured throughout Heidi’s Bedtime Stories - Erotic Quickies for Men and Women.

Victor LaCroix

Sherrilyn Kenyon ~ 'Dark side of the Moon'
part of the Dark Hunter series
A taste is Simply Divine

Lovebug

The Classical World by Robin Lane Fox

adventurer

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Blaze

Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett

Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Cecilia

"Geography of Bliss". Eric Weiner

Aleksandr

Just finished Watchmen for the first time... woah. XD
Insert witticism. But before I do that, I gotta throw up my Ons and Offs, right? Let's see if I can find them... AHA. Got'em.

Marguerite

The New Adventures of Giacamo Casanova by Maxim Jakubowski
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Cutter

I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

Happy an Nice

Quote from: Carth on January 20, 2009, 08:20:05 PM
Just finished Watchmen for the first time... woah. XD

That's next up for me. I was given it as a gift and everyone says the same thing you did about it. I can't wait to begin.

Right now I'm reading Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Book 1.
Suppose the neutral angels were able to talk Yahweh and Lucifer- God and Satan, into settling out of court. Specifically, how would they divide the assets of their earthly kingdom? Would God be satisfied to take loaves and fishes .. allowing Satan the red-eye gravy, eighteen ounce New York steak, and buckets of chilled champagne? Would God really accept twice-a-month lovemaking for procreative purposes and give Satan the all-night, no-holds-barred, nasty "can't-get-enough-of-you," hot as hell fucks? Well? Would he?

Paradox

Quote from: Happy an Nice on January 31, 2009, 07:30:17 PM
Right now I'm reading Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Book 1.

Excellent choice; I've read up to volume 4.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Le RandomBloke

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Lilias

The Red Dahlia by Lynda LaPlante
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Malrunar

"I, Vampire" by Michael Romkey

Highly recommended. It was writen back in 1990 before the now popular tween-twist of vampires hit. :)

Paradox

Quote from: ShadesOfGray on February 03, 2009, 10:27:02 PM
"I, Vampire" by Michael Romkey

Highly recommended. It was writen back in 1990 before the now popular tween-twist of vampires hit. :)

For anyone who remembers Ravenloft, you should check out I, Strahd. The title is a blatant rip-off of the aforementioned book, but it's still pretty good reading. At least it was four or five years ago when I read it.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Solaine

The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Mordred

Quote from: Chatoyant Silk on February 14, 2009, 08:16:01 PM
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

Ooooohhhh... You have quite an awesome path before you. LOVED that and the next few to follow!

Daemon - Daniel Suarez... (trying to... :( haven't finished an entire book or even half... for about 2 years)
*See Pillory*

Solaine

Quote from: Cynical on February 14, 2009, 08:24:44 PM
Ooooohhhh... You have quite an awesome path before you. LOVED that and the next few to follow!

Daemon - Daniel Suarez... (trying to... :( haven't finished an entire book or even half... for about 2 years)

Awwww *hugs and kisses you comfortingly*  I'm in the same boat... I am a sloooow reader
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Happy an Nice

Suppose the neutral angels were able to talk Yahweh and Lucifer- God and Satan, into settling out of court. Specifically, how would they divide the assets of their earthly kingdom? Would God be satisfied to take loaves and fishes .. allowing Satan the red-eye gravy, eighteen ounce New York steak, and buckets of chilled champagne? Would God really accept twice-a-month lovemaking for procreative purposes and give Satan the all-night, no-holds-barred, nasty "can't-get-enough-of-you," hot as hell fucks? Well? Would he?

Older And Wiser

The Elegant Universe:   Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory  by Brian Greene

and

A World Undone:  The Story of the Great War, 1914 to 1918 by GJ Meyer

Cecilia

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter...Carson McCuller

Yomamaween

Breaking Dawn- Stephanie Meyer.

Good "chapter before bed"  books. Considering the 'cliffhangers' don't have a 90 foot drop...I've fallen asleep laying on my phone (YEY e-books) and being unable to finish a chapter