Started by Sarena, November 21, 2012, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Bigglesworth

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Sarena

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on December 06, 2012, 01:35:36 AM
@Sarena: Well if it makes you feel old....bah!

Hows about you get over here and make me feel young again?  *waggles eyebrows*
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kythia

Man, now I've got "I am Woman" in my head.  It's gonna be a long day

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Kythia on December 06, 2012, 01:43:07 AM
Man, now I've got "I am Woman" in my head.  It's gonna be a long day

More than a Woman!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Kythia

More than words.

(I love this game.  I used to make my sister play it with me on long car trips)

Mr Bigglesworth

Quote from: Sarena on December 06, 2012, 01:42:27 AM
Hows about you get over here and make me feel young again?  *waggles eyebrows*

Well, who would I be to say no to the GM - On my way  O:)

Sarena

Quote from: Kythia on December 06, 2012, 01:48:52 AM
More than words.

(I love this game.  I used to make my sister play it with me on long car trips)

Word up.

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on December 06, 2012, 01:49:10 AM
Well, who would I be to say no to the GM - On my way  O:)

Damn straight.  See ya soon.  ;)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kythia

You belong with me.

<---Currently all about Taylor Swift.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Sarena

Quote from: Kythia on December 06, 2012, 02:22:26 AM
You belong with me.

<---Currently all about Taylor Swift.

Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

Kythia

Quote from: Sarena on December 06, 2012, 03:33:13 AM
Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

Dear god, Sarena, thats some old school right there.

Wake Up Boo! is what springs to mind but that may be too obscure for international consumption.  So let's keep it old school with "I wanna be your dog"

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sarena

Old school ain't for the feint at heart.  ;D

Quote from: Kythia on December 06, 2012, 03:42:04 AM
"I wanna be your dog"

Dog eat Dog (AC/DC version, thank you very much.)

**ninja'd by Saffy, but my song title still works! HAHA!

On a serious note:  The game thread is being locked temporarily while I sort a situation out that has come up.  Y'all bear with me momentarily, please.

Sarena

General Announcement:

Alright, something has come to my attention throughout the course of the day, and I thought it important that I say something now, before we go too much further into the game. 

To be clear, ALL players arrive at the Ministry of Magic at the same time in game.  Basing votes on when someone posted, whether it be first or last is not a valid reason for voting on someone. When a player posts is relevant ONLY to when they are online and available, not their role in the game.  Also, if you are chatting with a player in PM and they are suddenly less communicative than they were before, this is most likely NOT an indication of their guilty or innocence.  It probably just means that they have gotten busy in RL and are not able to be as active.  We are all adults here and we have responsibilities and lives that we all know must come first.  If the person who votes first or last is constantly targeted, then no one wants to be the first person or the last person to cast a vote and the game simply stops.

So, at this time, I am going to ask you, if you have based your Day Four vote on the timing of someone's vote, then either come up with a valid reason for the vote or change your vote. 

Thank you guys!

Kythia

Interesting. 

I don't think I did, but its a little hard to be sure.  How quickly are you planning on moving this day on? I think I need to go away and think about whether I did or not, if that makes any sense.

EDIT:  Crucial word omitted  :-[

Kythia

OK.  So I'm sorry if I appear argumentative. That's genuinely not the intent, its just that this is, as you know, my second one of these games and I'm just anxious to make sure I'm doing things right.

Let's use Josietta(J) as an example of a known evil and SunshineSparkle(SS) as a known good, just to avoid poisoning any waters through name choice.  Day three, hypothetically, the voting is between J and SS, could go either way.  The baddies are watching.  They don't want to all jump in and vote SS because it'll look suspicious so they decide to hold off and only vote SS if necessary and then only in the numbers necessary.

What we'd potentially see at that stage, then, is a number of late votes for SS.  Which is game relevant and, I dunno, IC information.  It's a tactical late vote.  Am I understanding right that that can't be taken into account at all?  Because of:

QuoteWhen a player posts is relevant ONLY to when they are online and available, not their role in the game.

Or does:

Quotecome up with a valid reason for the vote

trump that?  Because if it does, that seems to be an open license to vote based on their voting time, but if it doesn't it seems quite a large handicap for the goodies?  Or have I misunderstood completely?  If so, apologies for wasting time.

EDIT:  And what about the situation say on day 2.  Chelemar posted saying, in essence, she was going to think about it (again just using Chelemar as we know her status in the game, not singling her out.)  Can we then take the time she chose to vote into account as we know it could have been earlier?

Really sorry, I'm just confused. :-\

Autumn Sativus

I'm not the GM of this game but since Sarena used my rules, I can at least give you some insight. Vote based on what happened in the game, not the order in which it occurred. Order is kind of irrelevant as it only related to when the real person behind the username was able to make time generally, not to what their role may or may not be.

Technically Chelemar violated a rule in posting that, as well. Whenever applicable, your first post should contain a vote, even if you plan to change it later. If you have time to post, you have time to vote.
Us against the world

Kythia

Right, I think I get that.  So basically the rules are:
1)"Vote as early as you possibly can, and then change it as a result of in game PMs rather than waiting for in game PM conversations to finish and then voting."
and
2) "Pay no attention to either the time of someone's vote or the man behind the curtain"

Gotcha.  That makes sense.  Thank you.

Autumn Sativus

There's nothing requiring you to post as fast as possible. It's more like hold of posting until you're ready to vote instead of posting without a vote. And hence, further reasons why the time of sometimes vote shouldn't be used against them. Some people get online daily, others once every few days. Why hold that against them? It doesn't change the way the dice roll in determining their role.
Us against the world

Kythia

Sorry, "possibly" was the wrong word in rule one.  Better "easily" or "realistically" or something like that.  Vote as soon as it is possible for you to do so given all the other factors, not vote as soon as it is possible for one to do so.  But yeah, I think I'm on the same page as you.  Cool.

Autumn Sativus

Perhaps you're coming off wrong through text, but these are things literally listed in the rules on the first page of this thread. If you don't agree with them, don't play the game.What I'm getting from you right now is a whole lot of snark over something you agreed to in signing up to play. If I'm wrong, my apologies, but in either case I'm not here to argue with you I am just providing the reasons these rules exist. When you monitor someone by who they are offline, you're not playing the game, you're just looking at numbers and making assumptions based on someone's real life instead of their game play.
Us against the world

Kythia

Oh... 

I'm really really sorry Saffron.  I am coming across badly through text and hadn't realised it.  I honestly didn't think we were arguing  :-[ let alone me being snarky whilst doing so.  Honestly the intent was just to clarify a rule to make sure I wasn't and wouldn't accidentally break it I, errrm, I thought I was agreeing with you.  I'm really sorry, I pretty much screwed up on communication 101 there, which is perhaps not so great on a purely text forum.

I feel really bad, I'm very sorry I've irritated you - and potentially anyone else reading this thread, apologies to you too.