Dark Fae: World End [Still Recruiting...We have cookies!]

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 27, 2010, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

And we have ourselves yet another key holder! Though a very different one from the looks of it.

Hm, red and black, my two favorite colors. x3

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

The Unholy Potato

Myobi, I would like to thank you for the invitation and report my interest! I'm thinking of either the Wand or the Pentacle of the four, but haven't yet settled upon which most strongly interests me.

This whole thing looks very nifty, even though I'm not usually much for the "wee wingéd folk" sort of fairy, but this makes it work a lot better than most that I've encountered.

cere

OK...on advice from the GM, Joel is a star!!!
O:)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Esoteric Myobi

So glad that you took an interest in the game Mr. Potato! ^^ Whichever role you decide to play, I shall be looking forward to seeing your character profile. =)

I think most people tend to stray away from the concept of faeries as well, but hopefully others will read and be similarly interested in joining. Hopefully.

And...yes, Joel is now a star! ;o Superstar? Rock star? Hmm...

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Hm, it looks like we have about half the positions filled at the moment. Seeing as how interest is slow, I may just make it so that there are only four Marked instead of eight. Or perhaps we can start the game off with what we have and see if others would like to jump in later on?

What are everyone's thoughts?

(Oh and uhm, if anyone knows anyone who may be interested...please feel free to invite them!)

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Reserved - Myobi
Pentacle:
Wand:
Sword: Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon

The Messengers -
Cup:
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Wand: Reserved - Cassiopeia
Sword:

The Marked - (2 for each symbol - 'k' = Key Holders)
Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k)
Wand:
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth

The minion -
Iksander: Shards/Samuel

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

If you don't mind, I'll take Messenger for Cup, that way I won't have to make the extra long posts between Swords.  I'll root around for someone to invite as well.  Will have to think, think, think.
I am working on it, I swear!

TheHangedOne

I'd like to start things off with what we have. The RP itself may end up drawing in other players.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Crovonovin

Name: Miss Helena White
Age: As Old as the first Human to raise a fist against his brother.
Race/Symbol: Minion (Sword)

Weapon/Ability:
Shield Form: Can only be used in conjunction with Mr. Black. By grasping her firmly by the forearm, Miss White is transmuted into a massive Tower Shield capable of deflecting most physical and magical assaults away from it. This is different from mere structural durability. Instead of withstanding attacks, incoming blows have their vectors reversed in the opposite direction. Ultimately, the best defense against this ability is to either find a way around it or simply refrain from attacking in the first place.

Limitless Growth: Can only be used while within Abhoth's realm. As the name suggests, Miss White is capable of increasing her own weight and mass indefinitely for as long as she feels sufficiently empowered, or unless her master actively limits her. If her confidence is shattered in any way she will gradually return to her normal size.

Appearance:

Human Form (Pictured): Like other minions, Miss White is able to remain in a human guise for as long as she wishes due to drawing strength from human emotions, rather than the magic of Arcadia. She appears as a fiercely beautiful young woman, tall and long-legged and draped in an aura of superiority. Contrary to her name she prefers to wear only black clothing, and can be most commonly found parading herself about in a cocktail dress (for casual situations) or a no-nonsense business suit that was clearly tailored for a male physique. In professional circles she is called "The Widow", both for her grim attire and cruel demeanor.

True Form: In Abhoth's dimension the human guise is stripped away, revealing an humanoid figure carved from dry charcoal and engraved with all manner of slithering symbols and blasphemous rites. The gravity in her immediate vicinity is unusually intense, and lesser beings commonly find themselves bowing in her presence whether they wish to or not.

Personality: Miss White draws her power from the human emotion of Arrogance, and it certainly shows. She considers no man or woman her better, and must constantly be reminded that she is not the one in control when in Abhoth's presence. Though many of the Fifth's minions are driven by a constant lust for power, she is most certainly not one of them. Indeed, she fully believes that she already possesses all the power that she will ever need. Her habit of talking down her nose at others can be terribly infuriating, particularly when in a business setting. Like a member of some long-outdated aristocracy, she commands obedience and loyalty from all she meets, and becomes visibly distraught and irritated when others rebuff her demands.

Biography: Miss White was one of many faeries born at the advent of mankind, as opposed to those created at the start of the Universe. This younger generation was notorious for being particularly mischievous and prone to disobeying The Four, and caused no end of mayhem as they tore through Arcadia in search of fun and new sights to satiate their burning curiosity. Though a nuisance, these Younglings were generally not considered to be much of a threat on their own, and were allowed to do as they pleased with the understanding that any personal slights against their betters would be met harshly and without mercy. Though her brother was content to explore Arcadia in relative peace, Helena's mind was laden with the crushing weight of intense dissatisfaction.

Everything she saw seemed distasteful and beneath her. Every flower and tree was viewed with disdain and criticized ruthlessly as the product of a particularly incompetent artist. In her eye Arcadia itself was an inferior creation of doddering old simpletons who wouldn't know a technically sound aesthetic if it bit them on the rear end. So it was that she began to gather other like-minded faeries (or cowed others into submission with her forked tongue) with the intent to overthrow the ruling body so that Arcadia could be remade in her image.

It was a quick and pitiful revolution that ended before it even had the chance to pick up steam. Helena was brutally maimed by the collective powers of the Four, and along with her dutiful brother her mangled frame was tossed beyond the Shattered Veil to be eaten by the Betrayer. But Abhoth was in one of his rare moods of benevolence. More precisely, he was not quite so hungry as to be blinded to the possible uses for such a driven, confident, and charismatic individual. Her easy connection with the human world made her all the more desirable as a hunter for the Marked, and alongside Mr. Black she has searched for these individuals across the ages. In vain.

Name: Mr. Randis Black
Age: As Old as the first Human to be killed by his brother.
Race/Symbol: Minion (Sword)

Weapon/Ability:

Sword Form: Can only be used in conjunction with Miss White. Like her Shield Form, this weapon works in a very different fashion from a regular blade. Though certainly durable, it is no sharper than an ordinary steel broadsword. However, it does boast a very singular function: the ability to slice through 'concepts'. For example, the sword may be pointed at a passing bird and then swung so as to sever the concept of 'flight', causing said bird to plummet unceremoniously to the ground. Similarly, the concept of 'gravity' might be cut so that a target is no longer bound to the Earth. The concept of 'speed' or 'movement' could be cut to render a target immobile. This effect is not permanent, and the duration becomes markedly shorter against other Faeries. Though certainly potent, the sword is incapable of destroying the concept of 'life'.

Limitless Multiplication: Can only be used within Abhoth's Realm. Mr. Black is able to endlessly duplicate his own body, first by two, then four, then eight, and so on. However, each split that is made reduces his overall size in gradually larger increments, until each clone is no larger than an electron in diameter.

Appearance:

Human Form (Pictured): Contrary to his name (and this picture), Mr. Black only dresses in white suits, white ties, and white shoes. Though he is handsome in his own way and just as tall as his sister, he has a habit of holding himself with a perpetual slump and clasping his hands together like a nervous rodent. He holds himself hesitantly apart from Miss White at all times, at once afraid of her presence yet unwilling to stray too far. That he draws his power from human Cowardice and Fear is hardly a surprise.

True Form: In Abhoth's realm he becomes a thing of Fear himself, a ragged and tortured individual covered in gruesome scars, partially skinned and stitched back together, with a face perpetually frozen with a rictus grin. It would seem that his sister's barely controlled desire to bring harm upon him in the human world is not kept in check here, as the wounds are clearly not self-inflicted. He is truly a wretched and pitiable thing, clutching his arms and quivering like a newborn caught out in a blizzard.

Personality: Mr. Black is endlessly cordial and always willing to please, becoming visibly distressed when others display any amount of aggression or displeasure towards his actions. He parrots Miss White in the hope of pleasing her. Talking to him makes it immediately clear that he was never allowed to properly develop a personality of his own, as he will immediately look to his sister for answers or mindlessly recite pleasantries in order to divert the conversation elsewhere. He is, in so many words, an empty shell devoid of individuality.

Biography: Like his sister, Randis was formed when the first human opened its eyes towards the far horizon. Unlike his sister, he saw nothing but beauty in the surreal vista of Arcadia, and was more than pleased to fly through its endless forests and beneath sparkling lakes to peer with delight at all the wonders that his ancestors had created at the dawn of time. But Helena kept her weak-minded sibling on a tight leash, and in time her poison began to infect him in unpleasant ways. He found his eyes being drawn to the ugly things in the world, the blighted horrors that certain disturbed faeries concocted during their nightmares or simply for the sake of variety. Colour faded from his sight until nothing but drabness reigned; his sister had blinded him to all the beauty in the realm except for her perfect face, so that he would follow her without the slightest ounce of hesitation. So it was that he too was banished, and was thusly forced to bear the brunt of Helena's rage towards the Four and her own crushing defeat. Though spineless and frail, Abhoth allowed him to live due to his unusual connection with Miss White. He has played the dutiful toadie ever since, attempting and failing to keep his sister in check so as not to offend others needlessly

Esoteric Myobi

Kitsune: I've reserved the spot of Messenger (Cup) for you.

Shihong: Ooh~ Very interesting. I like them very much!

Hm, I think we'll start after the three of us (myself, Kitsune, and Cassiopeia) have gotten up our reserved profiles. By that time, maybe the other two people who had expressed interest to me will have posted a character profile up as well. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Name:  Sorcha McCuinn
Race/Symbol: Bean-Sidhe (Banshee) Messenger of the Cup

Weapon/Ability:  As a Bean-sidhe, she is known for her low mournful singing or her keening wail.  Her voice when pitched high, can shatter glass.  Given force, it takes on physical attributes forcing back or stunning her prey.  Should blood appear on your clothing at her touch, it is a sign of ones impending death.

Harbinger Eyes:  This gift is all her own.  With eye an unnatural shade of aquamarine, she can use then to give a gentle compulsion or suggestion to trust her.  It is said that if one was to look into Sorcha’s eyes for too long they can see their Doom.  She cannot see what the other person sees but she does get a sick twist seeing their fear.  She also can see into shadows.  To her, there is no such thing as the dark.

Caochladh: This weapon is a glaive, gilded and bejeweled, its many tines sing through the air and cuts like a claymore.  Said to be a gift from Death himself, she holds this weapon dear.  At times, Sorcha believes it is sentient and it speaks now and then.  It will only return to her hand safely.  To all others, catch it if you dare. 

Appearance:  As a human, Sorcha looks to be an average girl of twenty with long dark wavy hair with small features.  She is small in stature, slim and willowy.  Curved and graceful, she is yet average to look upon until one looks at her eyes and are mesmerized.

As a Faerie, she is small and cute but when she grins she has a set of eight sharp canines that she likes to use.  She is a pale blue color, monochrome with her wings, the only contrasting color is her dark hair and her white tattered silks.  She wears gloves on her hand and thigh high boots.

She is not without her true form.  On certain nights, when the veil is thinnest, she converts to her true form even in the human world.  Should this happen, someone is about to die and she keens to the human that there life is at its ends.  She is a beautiful woman with white hair and white skin.  She has ancient markings upon her person and she is wrapped in a violet cloth of spider spun silk.

Her eyes are always aquamarine and she is always smirking, even when she is angry.  She also wears silk gloves which she refuses to remove.

Personality:  Sorcha McCuinn is not without her set of neuroses.  She doesn't like to look people in the eye because they might see their death.  She doesn't like to touch people because of the off chance blood will appear and that would signal their coming death.  She has a beautiful singing voice but she can't sing in public because it might turn into a dirge.  She is surrounded by Death and so what could be a cheerful disposition is colored by sarcasm and attitude.  She wants to be able to interact with others but they tend to be afraid of her.  She spends most of her time in her human or Faerie form so that she is at least approachable but she is easily angered and then her true form bursts forth.  She likes things that are shiny and has a slight impulse control disorder.  She likes to steal.  Happiest when she is thieving, she is playful, otherwise she is somber.

Biography:  A beautiful  and magical butterfly in the land of Arcadia, Sorcha flitted around the lone and darkly handsome figure that trudged through the lands as if all feared him.  She did not.  Was she so young a creature that she did not fear?  Alighting upon the stranger's shoulder, she dared to lick the salt from his skin.  Amused at her daring the man plucked her from his shoulder and studied the butterfly.  Blowing a cold breath upon her, she changed into a woman.  Awed at her new form, she danced merrily about the meadow and sang with a voice so beautiful it was heartbreaking.  When she returned to him, he pulled her into his embrace and in his eyes she saw a great loneliness.  He smiled sadly before he spoke to her.

"Little butterfly, for such a short time you have brought me happiness.  It is rare.  I can grant you this new form and more.  You only have to visit me once a year and warm my bed.  Sadly, there is a great price to pay.  You will forever be Death's companion and cannot turn away from this darkness that I am.  Tell me, you do not fear me, what do you see when you look in my eyes."

Sorcha felt the truth of his words and the heavy burden that weighed them.  As she looked into the vast grey of his eyes, she felt the blood that rushed through her, the feeling of mobility and power and she could not resist such a gift, burden or not.  When she stared for so long with uncertainty into his eyes, she began to see a long tunnel of dark and at it's end, the man before her with open arms.

"I see you.  I will take this form that you give.  I will be your companion," she said with a smile.  He looked startled at her words and then his countenance smoothed over and he smiled grimly.

"So be it, butterfly.  You are now Bean-sidhe.  A maiden of death.  There is time before you will come to me and be at my side forever, for now, learn of the worlds and do not lose that which makes you light."  He pulled her into his arms and in that beautiful meadow, made little Sorcha his.  It was a long evening, and longer night.  When she awoke in the morning, he was not there.  He left her the glaive and a tartan of violet silk. 

She spent many long years, alone.  She did learn that her powers were indeed a burden and filled her with much sadness but always she heard Death speak and encourage her not to lose her light.  Eventually she ended up in the court of the Queen, ready to steal the shiny baubles, but the sight of the Queen took her breath away.  Through the shimmer of the great faerie's form, she saw a light bright and warm, and like any moth was drawn to her.  It was as if the faerie provided the warmth she needed to stave off the cold of Death.  As she moved closer, she saw something in the shadows, as the Court went about their business in oblivion.  It stalked the Queen and before it would make it's move, she let loose Caochladh and ripped the head from the darkling creature.  The glaive returned to her hand, dripping ichor.  She turned her eyes to the Queen not knowing what she would think.  Eyes that were strange to look upon and yet beautiful.  Jeweled colored as her own and yet so much more.  It had been the first time she was awed by a powerful being since Death.

The darkling creature was a minion of Abhoth's and it was the first clue that darker times were upon them.  The Queen found Sorcha useful and she proved her loyalty to the Queen over and over again.  To Sorcha, as long as she could stand in the glorious heat of the Queen, then she was happy to bide her time before she would one day be permanently at Death's side.

Esoteric Myobi

I like it, Kitsune. Though it looks like you copy and pasted throughout it ^^; Since I see repetition.

I've actually had my Cup profile mostly done for a few days now, and have been too busy/distracted to actually finish her up (biography). I'll just post up what I have so far since I'm afraid that I'll lose it (again) ~.~;;

(You think I'd learn to stop leaving my computer on all the time when I come back to find unfinished posts gone hm?)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Acrasia
Race: Faerie Queen - Cup of the Four

Abilities:

Truth Beholden - The faerie Queen is able to see through any and all lies, to speak falsely in her presence is basically asking to join in the ring of eternal dance if not exiled altogether. When the Queen hears a lie, her eyes darken and glow menacingly. Upon hearing honesty ringing true through the words, her eyes clear to an icy metallic blue. However, a person is able to speak the truth without disclosing all of the information that they know. In this way, the Queen will know that there is no lie, and yet still find that she is lacking in vital information.

Kiss of Immortality - Possibly the greatest healing ability known of thus far, Acrasia is able to bestow renewed life, health, and vigor to another with a touch of her lips to theirs. By transferring some of her vast and practically limitless magics -- the magics that make up her own life -- she is able to grant another energy drawn from their own adrenaline for a short time, heal another's wounds (using their own lifespan in exchange if the damage is too great), or gift them with a prolonged life. This last option is one that none have been blessed with so far, possibly due to the Queen's disdain for all others as none have convinced her that they are worthy enough to continue living longer than they were due to. Of course, if a person has already passed, then they are out of even her hands having already traveled to the afterworld. A few have noted that when using this ability, her eyes take on differing hues.

Firestarter - Creating fire and manipulating it to her will is a simple task for Acrasia.  Varying from just a small flame to an erupting inferno, there are times when the Queen can be seen idly playing as she juggles small fireballs, or doodles in the air leaving nothing but smoke lingering. Very rarely is the Queen's sword of fire seen, as she only most dire situations. During these times her eyes smolder as if a small fire burns within her irises.

Appearance: Acrasia's most striking feature is that of her eyes. Albeit pupiless and somewhat disorienting to stare into, the Queen's eyes tend to be mercurial as the colors change from time to time. Most often, they are seen as a mere milky white, practically translucent yet holding a sharp gaze that cuts to the core. Soft curls of crimson hair frames her fair porcelain face and coils down her back in sleek rivulets, almost as if it were still slightly damp. The slightest of smiles can always be seen lighting upon her full lips, almost mockingly...sardonically, or some could even say with warm encouragement and understanding.

It is hard to truly describe the Faerie Queen as she seems to appear differently to each person and their current mindset. Some say that she is tall and looming, while others describe her as childishly frail and petite. Those who step carefully whilst in her presence have told tales of her beauty and generosity, so much like that of a heavenly being. Others quaked in fear before her, rambling later on about the terrible monstrosity in their beloved Queen's guise.

Ethereal would be the best word to describe Acrasia, in fact it's hard to look at the Queen for too long for she always seems to be...shifting. Like a staticky picture on the television due to bad reception, the Queen almost seems blurry around the edges, only when the person gazing upon her has settled into a frame of mind does she transfix into a clear and solid form.

Personality: Pale yet vibrant, fiery yet calm, the Queen is an entity made of contradictions. Similar to how a flickering flame can spark into a blazing fire, Acrasia is as fickle as can be. Her whims constantly change, her likes and dislikes never stay the same. At most, she is sporadic, at best, she is erratic.

There are certain things that she holds dear, and these have never changed throughout the time she has held her position within Arcadia. Dear as in herself. As vain as she is caring, as disdainful as she is understanding, but forever full of pride -- the Queen expects both fear and reverence from those around her, no matter how whimsical and uncaring she may seem. Depending on her mood at the moment, the slightest offense can bring her wrath down upon an unfortunate soul. Other times she may be most generous and giving, flattery always helps...though of course all lies, however small, will trigger the beginning of an end.

Biography: Said to have been born from the hottest and purest of flames, Acrasia is a being that is beautiful to behold but calls for caution to be exercised when dealing with her.

(incomplete)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Uhm, no copy and paste but I don't doubt the repetition.  I, uh, actually was working on it a couple nights ago and it was much better but, well, I kept erasing it every time I went looking for info...like three times.  I think that trying to work from memory actually blunted my writing.  I'll work on it some more later.  I have to admit I'm not doing well, I think I'm coming down with something.

Crovonovin

I think Myobi was specifically referring to the middle section, where you accidentally copy-pasted the Appearance and Biography in twice.

Lady Kitsune

*facepalms and then pounds her head on the desk...a few times*

Thank you Shihong and Myobi.  Apparantly, I need to stop staying up at night, take some nyquil and go to bed early. 

I am so scatterbrained. 

Crovonovin

Get some rest!  It won't do you any good to strain yourself unnecessarily.   ;)

Lady Kitsune

I edited and put in the biography for Sorcha.  I think I was feeling her a bit finally and maybe the biography might make her seem a bit lighter.  I don't want her to be a grim character, just a conflicted one.

So all we need is a few more humans?

I guess a little bumpage couldn't hurt.  ;)

Tambit

Hmmm... has The Wand for Marked been taken yet?  I might be willing to create a character sheet for that position...

The Unholy Potato

Regrettably, while I told the complete and total truth in that I was interested in this game, I have decided that I don't think I will have enough time or energy free to devote to it appropriately. This might change (again) later, but for now I withdraw any claim I may have implied to any of the remaining slots.

Myobi, I apologize that I won't be able to join you, and I thank you, once more, for your kind invitation.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Tambit on June 20, 2010, 06:22:28 PM
Hmmm... has The Wand for Marked been taken yet?  I might be willing to create a character sheet for that position...

The position is still open =) And ideally we would like to have two marked for each symbol so...plenty of space left. Though with four we may very well start.

Quote from: The Unholy Potato on June 20, 2010, 06:41:26 PM
Regrettably, while I told the complete and total truth in that I was interested in this game, I have decided that I don't think I will have enough time or energy free to devote to it appropriately. This might change (again) later, but for now I withdraw any claim I may have implied to any of the remaining slots.

Myobi, I apologize that I won't be able to join you, and I thank you, once more, for your kind invitation.

I'm sorry to see you go =( Hopefully things will change in the future (as you can see we're quite the slow moving game) and you may join us after all. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Andd...we are still searching for players!

-looks around hopefully-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

Hrm, well, I have just sent out various PMs to several unfortunate people who have to be bothered by me. Hopefully a few of them will submit to my persistence and join the game. =)

Or...perhaps someone completely new will happen to see this and want to join!

o.O

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Snow Cherry

Thank you again for the invite Myobi! ^^  I really do love what you have put together here. I am thinking things will start clearing up on my end pretty soon, so I would like to join if there are no objections from anyone else?   ::)  I do believe this roleplay will be fun once things start rolling along.

Imogen

Hey guys! I'm hoping to join this game. Currently tinkering with a character concept, which is giving me a lil trouble. Will post her soon (I hope). Aiming for a marked - cups.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]