Dark Heresy: Shadows of the Tyrant

Started by Dakkon, January 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 20, 2014, 10:08:42 PM
You should cook up a count down or something

Just increase the tension
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140124T08&p0=2&swk=1

Useful for a completely different reason... It's actually just under 72 hours to go. I hate trying to mentally accommodate time zones  :P

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 20, 2014, 10:12:00 PM
I'm still trying to hash out a background, but I'm going to be busy for a bit tomorrow... I could just give you bullet points background if that'd be acceptable >.>

I'd be okay with that for now.

ShadowFox89

Alright, I hope that works as a background.... wasn't too sure of what to write, honestly, but that might be a lack of familiarity with the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Ack! 

Wish I could find the stuff I originaly wrote about this girl. 

So much easier to adapt than to recreate. 

Dabus, could you elaborate about one of your requests?  Did you say you wanted each player to make up two inquisitors and speculate on whether or not that inquisitor was the one who hired them? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dakkon

Quote from: Muse on January 21, 2014, 02:19:52 AM
  Ack! 

Wish I could find the stuff I originaly wrote about this girl. 

So much easier to adapt than to recreate. 

Dabus, could you elaborate about one of your requests?  Did you say you wanted each player to make up two inquisitors and speculate on whether or not that inquisitor was the one who hired them?
Close. I'm not going to reveal the Inquisitor right way (several reasons for that, some plot, some practical), so what I want instead is speculation of two (or more if you are ambitious) Inquisitors who might actually be your unseen patron.

Wargtass

Not too much longer to go now, and I still haven't done all my research. How many hours do I have? D:
O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Wargtass on January 21, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
Not too much longer to go now, and I still haven't done all my research. How many hours do I have? D:
2 Days 6 Hours 41 Minutes
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Terian

Might try for a last minute poke here, what's the current roster look like?

Dakkon

These are our current applications:

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 14, 2014, 02:51:52 AM
Characters by Path

Adept: (Sevatar Khansin (Male) by HairyHeretic; special Cold Trader)
Arbitrator: (Ritcher by Wargtass)
Assassin: (Fem:Ezio (female) by ShadowFox89)
Cleric: (Ishmael Dekko (male) by Baalborn87)
Guardsman: (Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan; survivor of Mara)
Psyker: (Zee by Muse)
Scum: n/a
Tech-Priest: (Sara by Darkling (female); Factor)
Sister of Battle: n/a
Battle Sister: n/a

No Applications (yet): Psyker, Scum, Sister of Battle, Battle Sister

Characters by Background

Feral World: n/a
Hive World: (Zee by Muse; Genmetal City)
Imperial World: n/a
Void Born: (Ishmael Dekko (male) by Baalborn87; Orbital Station)
Schola Progenium: (Sevatar Khansin (male) by HairyHeretic; Blighted Schola), (Tarkus Antoz (Male) by SGTDan)
Forge World: (Sara by Darkling (female))
Shrine World: n/a
Noble Born: (Fem:Ezio (female) by ShadowFox89)
Monastic Upbringing: n/a
Famulous Protege: n/a
Mind Cleansed: (Ritcher (male) by Wargtass)

No Applications (yet):
Imperial World, Feral World, Hive World, Shrine World, Famulous Protege, Monestic Upbringing

Now, of those I think only four are fully completed, so although I expect that number to go up in the next day and a half, its still wide open.

ShadowFox89

I'm mostly completed, lacking a personality writeup and 1-2 inquisitors. I really don't like deciding on a background before playing the character and getting a 'feel' for them though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I think I just need to add some personality traits and I'm done as well.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Wargtass

Layout for the neat CS shamelessly stolen from Darkling!  ;D

Richter
Arbites Enforcer Richter
Player:Wargtass
Homeworld:Mind Cleansed (The Sole Survivor)
Background:[REDACTED]
Tarot“Innocence is an illusion.” +1 Corruption and +1 Insanity
Career:Arbitrator (1:Trooper)
Build:Well Built
Height:6'6"
Skin:Tanned
Hair:Dirt Blonde
Eyes:Green
Quirk:Scarring

Bio

History
Imagine waking up in the middle of a conversation and realizing your reality as you knew it didn't fit. According to your employer you are a successful Adeptus Arbites investigator from a little backwater place out of the Gothic Sector, picked up by the Inquisition for your excellent deduction skills and nose for justice. It was of course a little funny that the two Inquisitors that you were most often assigned with for your training seemed to belong to different camps and hated each other's guts. A bit weird, seeing as they shared family names and looks. Sisters you reckoned. Even though you were in what was basically forbidden knowledge boot camp, you could swear you knew some of the things they talked about. No good and proper copper from a backwater planet would know such things, right? Also, what backwater copper has scars like these?

Then came the nightmares. Deformed faces and snapping teeth, rending claws and dripping ichor. And the screams, a name here and there, followed by a tugging sensation of having lost friends and family. Whatever those two had done to your brain, it was slowly unravelling. He didn't like what was underneath at all. There was something nagging you about them, Celia and Cordelia. They seemed to almost be rivals and the prize between them was you. What was it about a simple enforcer from a backwater planet that intrigued them so much? If you even were that person. Genestealer, it was a word that filled you with dread and a disgusting sense of familiarity. Whenever you asked anyone of them about it they changed the subject in Celia's case or just shut you up with the back of the hand in Cordelia's. Had you not met them somewhere before as well?

Soon you realized that they had started looking at you with a sting of suspicion. As if they were scrutinizing the seams of your mind. Especially Cordelia. She was practically looking straight through you. It was fortunate then that someone from above decided you were done with your schooling and sent you of towards the Calixis Sector. Again, the name was eerily familiar, even though you had never set foot on Scintilla. Or perhaps you had. Isn't that right, Richter? We're pretty sure about it now, aren't we. You are not the real me. But for now you'll have to do. We just need to survive this, then we can start finding ourselves.

Personality
Richter seems lost for most of the time, caught up in himself and his little rituals. He hides a serious sense of insecurity behind routines and preoccupying himself with work. When he is forced to be social he comes of as awkward, almost as if everything he says isn't actually coming out of his own mouth, but rather from someone else. He often asks himself questions and sometimes he talks to himself when he believes no one is listening. It's almost like there is two Richters talking to each other. Unbeknownst to everyone else, that is very much the truth for him.

Appearance
One could guess that underneath the scars and the broken nose Richter would have been a handsome lad once. Nowadays he's a little rugged and weather-bitten, which doesn't go well with his so called history as a more inquisitive investigator type. He surely looks more like a frontline Enforcer, which is further reinforced by his skill with a shield and maul. He doesn't care much for how he look, as long as his uniform is in a decent enough shape his dirt blonde cropped hair can be unkempt and his chin overgrown with a dark shade of stubble. The only thing that doesn't match his looks are his very kind green eyes. Somehow he suspects the Inquisitors might have altered them as well...

Character Stats

Characteristics
Stat
BaseAllocModsTotal
Weapon Skill2010-30
Ballistic Skill2010-30
Strength2010-30
Toughness2020545*
Agility2010-30
Intelligence2020545*
Perception2010-30
Willpower255-30
Fellowship155-20
Wounds81-9/9
Fate6-0-3/3
*Indicates total Advances/SCs
Movement Rates:

Insanity: 7
Corruption: 1

Skills
[Basic]Common Lore (Tech)
[Basic]Survival
[Trained] Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium)
[Trained] Deceive
[Trained] Inquiry
[Trained] Intimidate
[Trained] Literacy
[Trained] Speak Language (Low Gothic)

Talents
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Weapon Training (SP and Las)
Jaded
Quick Draw

Traits
-Failsafe Control: All Mind Cleansed Inquisitorial agents have a failsafe command trigger implanted in their minds to prevent them from turning on their masters. Only the relevant NPC (their Inquisitor for example), should ever have access to this trigger, which usually must be delivered telepathically or by a specific sonic cadence (a simple code phrase is usually judged too risky).
-Imperial Conditioning: Inquisition mind-scrubs are usually carried out to destroy selective memories but leave useful skills intact. Likewise the mind is often implanted with psychic barriers to prevent tampering, increase mental resilience and ensure loyalty.
-Through a Mirror Darkly: The mind cleansing process has numerous side effects, including an eroding effect on the subject’s sanity and unique dangers of its own for the character.
Equipment

Weapons
Shotgun (Basic. 30m. S/-/-. 1d10+4I 0Pen. 2shots/2FullRld. Reliable, Scatter. 5kg.)
Brass Knuckles (Melee. 1d5-1I Pen 0. Primitive. 0.5kg)
Knife (Melee/Thrown. 3m. 1d5R Pen 0. Primitive. 0.5kg)
Synford-Pattern Lockshield (Melee. 1d10I Pen 0. Defensive. 4kg)
Shock Maul (Melee. 1d10I Pen 0. Shocking. 2.5kg)

Armour
Flak Jacket (3AP Arms, Body & Legs. 6kg)

Gear
Uniform (Good Quality Clothing), 3 doses of stimm, injector, Arbitrator ID, chrono, pack of lho-sticks.

Experience & Acquisitions

Experience
Total Exp Spent: 400
Rank 1
>Starting 400 Exp
Intelligence Advance Simple - 100
Toughness Advance Simple - 100
Awareness - 100
Scrutiny - 100

Acquisitions
Starting Thrones: 272
+ Sold club for +5
+ Sold Mesh Vest for +150
- Synford-Pattern Lockshield -90  (DH: Book of Judgement p.66)
- Shock Maul -150
- Flak Jacket -100
- Recoil Glove -80
=2

GM Stuff

Orientation: Moderate. Having been schooled by both Celia and Cordelia on separate occasions, Richter has learned that both camps have their pros and cons. For now it is best to keep opinions on the low end and just follow orders...
Desired Ordos: Hereticus or Xenos, whichever needs him the most.
Group Associations: Presumably the Adeptus Arbites.
Inquisitor 1: Inquisitor Celia Averni, Ordo Xenos
Celia Averni of the Ordo Xenos is the more pleasant of the two sisters. A shameless flirt and a radical who should have been caught red-handed in some forbidden xenos jar a long time ago, she nonetheless keeps delving into the mysteries of the alien with reckless abandon. Truly she must be successful in some manner, or else she surely would have been dead a long time ago.

Inquisitor 2: Inquisitor Cordelia Averni, Ordo Hereticus
She is the polar opposite of her sister. Stern, serious and cruel, she teaches as much with strict lectures as with the cane. Unlike Celia she is orthodox to the extreme and Richter has heard stories of Cordelia trying to frame her sister and even outright murder her. He has no doubt that she has done so and is not in any way aiming to get on the same list as Celia.

O/O

SGTDan

That was very enjoyable Wart!

I like it a lot
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Nice job! Ten hours to go, and I see that I'll have some tough choices to make. Let's see how it goes!

Terian

Looks like there's still a little time then.  One sec while I get a last minute application up.

Terian

Characteristics: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54214
Fate: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54216
Wounds: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54217
Tarot Roll: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=54215

Name: Sariel Markian         Age: 24
Career: Battle Sister

Homeworld: Veritas II                    (Monastic Upbringing)
WS: 37  BS: 42  STR: 31  T: 30  AG: 35  INT: 30  PER: 27  WP: 33 FEL:  31
Corruption: 0      Insanity: 0
Tarot: The Gun Is Mightier then the Sword (+3 BS)
Income Level: N/A (Clergy?)

Experience (Unspent/Total):
250 XP: (Strength Basic)
100 XP: (Basic Weapon Training: SP)

Traits:
Sign of the Aquila: -10 to any action that would harm or or damage the Ecclesiarchy's interests, must pass WP test to avoid making sign of the Aquila when passing a shrine, or confronted by Chaotic Forces

Talents:
Hardy
Basic Weapon Training (Bolt, SP)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Unshakeable Faith
Hatred (Heretics)
Pure Faith

Basic Skills:
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed) (Int)
Speak Low Gothic (Int)

Trained Skills:
Literacy (Int)
Speak High Gothic (Int)
Performer (Singer)

Equipment:
Soroitas Power Armour (No Helmet)
Godwyn-De'az Bolter
--2 extra magazines
Ring of Suffrage
Rule of the Sororitas (Copy)
Scoradia
Writing Kit
Shield Robes

Background
Sariel was the last daughter of the loyal Markian Dynasty--holders of a planetary title before it was usurped by traitors, and she was sent off at a young age, still largely unknown to the world at large, to be raised in secret while the might of the Imperium was gathered to reclaim the ancestral homelands...  Unfortunately, a mix-up in the paperwork ultimately lead to her own claim on the title being lost in the paper shuffle, and when the smoke all cleared, she was left bereft of titles, family, or anything vaguely resembling a life outside the small convent she was brought up within.  A bit of a general embarrassment when viewed from an omniscient viewpoint, but one that she largely rationalized as the Emperor's Hand reaching out to guide her to a somewhat more useful path then simply being another minor Governor.  Which is to say, being inducted as a Novice within the Order of the Bloody Rose, where she proved to be Exceedingly Capable in the arts of war--the sort of talent that only generally crops up a handful of times in every generation.

Naturally, this meant she was fast-tracked to Greater Things, and seconded to the Inquisition, passing their initial scrutiny evidently (Judging by the fact that she was returned to her initial training grounds in the first place), but it did ultimately come as a surprise when she was pulled away again and shuttled off to Emperor-Knows-Where.

All she could do was relax, assume everyone involved knew what they were doing, and make sure she was ready when she was needed.

Desired Ordos: Malleus or Hereticus are both fine with me, but I'm pretty flexible.

Personality

Sariel favors the direct approach usually--not one to mince words when the people of the Imperium suffer under the attentions of the the Traitor, the Witch, and the Alien, she holds a certain sense of martial expertise that belies her youth and relative inexperience in the field, as well as a strong sense for what is right and wrong.  Though perhaps not the most monastic of her Order, despite much of her early life being spent within an isolated convent, she has enough energy and fire that she would have been wasted as a nun of a minor priory.  Basically a decent sort, as long as you can get around some slightly hot-headed tendencies and a particular lack of aptitude at subtlety.

Appearance
Sariel isn't perfect--she certainly does make a good effort to play the part of a fine woman of the cloth, but despite her best efforts, she holds a decidedly aggressive streak that ultimately lead to her current profession within the Adepta Sororitas.  Her dark hair is perhaps a little longer then what's strictly regulation, easily reaching a ways below her shoulders when not armoured.  Her features are sharp and regal--implying a heritage of nobility before circumstances lead to her orphaned, marred only slightly by the small scar above her nose--a sign of training taken a little bit too far. 

Height: 1.70m

Build: Fit

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Green

Group Associations:

Adepta Sororitas: Though barely out of her Novitate (Whether she actually Is or not is up to the GM), Sariel has gained attention in her early training due to her keen accuracy and impressive bladework, coupled with showing no signs of bad habits that might eventually cause Trouble.  Though a little hot-headed, this is often considered an Asset in her particular Order, and has not proven to be a major issue yet.

Nobility: Though she's taken on holy orders, and been disinherited due to administratum shenanagans, Sariel was still born in the high halls of society, and that counts for a great deal when blood-ties and lineage is considered to be a great deal, she's still mostly familiar with the necessary etiquette to dealing in those halls...

Inquisitor 1:
Inquisitor Jace Ramirez: Ordo Hereticus, a man of skill, discretion, and cunning who widely believes that if the populace at large knows what you've done, it's already a sign of your failure.  Consequently, he favors discreet movements, blackmail, and working through proxies to bring low figures who would dare harm the Imperium

Inquisitor 2:
Inquistor Kalas Everston:  Ordo Malleus, a former lay Priest who was shanghaied by the Inquisition at one point, managed to successfully perform an Exorcism during an operation that was starting to go wrong--saving it from a complete disaster--and has managed to bungle his way to an Inquisitorial Seat.  Enormously good at his job, but has an absent-minded disposition that tends to get people underestimating him.  Whether he's simply living under the Emperor's Gaze at all times, or if it's all an enormously elaborate ruse is a mystery in it's own right.

Orientation: Puritan, probably towards the Amalthian persusasion.

Other Notes:
Willing to forego the crazier equipment and go in with Shield Robes and maybe a decent shotgun for our first mission or so, if you need it to help keep things balanced.

Notes to GM:
Nothing off hand!

Dakkon

Alright, this ended up being pretty tricky in the end, but I’ve got our team of Acolytes put together. Sorry to those who didn’t make it, it was very, very close.

Enforcer Ritcher by Wargtass
Sevatar Khansin by HairyHeretic
Sarah Levin by Darkling
Tarkus Antoz (Dusk version) by SGTDan

Game thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195221.0

OCC thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195222.0

Please post your character sheet in the OCC thread and refrain from making other post there until everyone has their sheets up. Feel free to post as you wish in the game thread. I’m very excited to get this going!!

SGTDan

WooooO! Thank you Fallen, you made my night  ;D

Congrads to Darkling,Heretic and Wartgass.

Sorry about Terian,Fox and Baal but at least you guys have a great character you can use in another Dark Heresy game.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Yeah, when one pops up in another two years >.<
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

If Black Crusade appeals to anyone I could always use my more players for that game.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Terian

That's what I get for sitting on my hands I guess.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Terian

I think I was playing that before I had to take a few months off because my computer died, I thought it was dead.

ShadowFox89

Now to just figure out the chargen!
Call me Shadow
My A/A