The Journey Home (Sci-Fi)

Started by PeacethatPowerbrings, June 27, 2012, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

Hmmm... lucky for me Luma and Jil are both my friends, too. Jil was visiting at my house earlier and I happened to see the Captain's profile.

Please tell me - what do I have to do to get in on some of that?

I logged in for the first time in a long time just to ask. XD
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Vostroya

Lucky for us then! All you have to do is make a character. There are still plenty of spots that can be made, what do you want to play?

SpiralSpider

This is a good question.

I'm reading through all the profiles yet so I'm not sure if there's a niche I can fill.

I also have to confess that I don't know much about weaponry and while I'm a big fan of science-fiction, I might have to be walked through some  terminology.  I hope that's all right?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Most of that is my doing, so if you have questions or need any assistance, you can feel free to PM me with them if you like. ;D
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Saria

There's other ways to be involved where you don't have to worry about the weapons - like communications, sensors, etc. If you got involved with the fighters or the guns like the others are, you'd have to make sure you're on the same page as them. But if you went communications, or sensors, or something else no one's doing, then since you'd be the only person doing those things, you could more or less make up the terms you want, so long as the GM allows. :-)
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Vostroya

Exactly like Saria said, you don't have to be a soldier to play, im sure we can find you something that will give you the spark of interest.

SpiralSpider

How's this?

Played by: Chaznia
Appearance:

Name: Prussia Harrison

Race: Human (Earthborn)
Position on ship: Communications Officer

Skill set:  Prussia was groomed for her position on the ship by her Naval Officer parents who hoped to see her move on in their footsteps and join the Alliance forces. She attended a formal academy for cadets and graduated with honors. Since she has only been in Cass's employ for a short while, she still has a working knowledge of Alliance protocol and coding procedures. She has subtle cybernetic implants that aid her in decoding and translate most languages heard or read without having to know them fluently. Her glasses also provide her with a "heads up" display that allows her to scan public information systems (the modern equivalent of the internet?) and whatever private logs she has local access to. Because of her family, she has an intimate working knowledge of all current transmissions technology and the servicing systems linked to them.

Prussia's only combat knowledge lies in ship weaponry that she had a cursory training in back at the academy. In a pinch, she could come to the aid of the other bridge crew but she could not successfully accomplish complicated or risky maneuvers. Beyond this, she has a personal defensive device (like a taser) that she carries around in case she were to come into a dire situation. She would like to learn how to better defend herself, but has yet to find the right teacher or opportunity.

Character History: (Much of this is covered above) After graduating, she went on a tour of service on her uncle's vessel. Soon after, she found that working for her family was a bad idea and took time away. A short vacation later, she was back to her career but on a prestigious trade ship traveling to reaches she had yet been to. Several years of this mundane occupation later, and only within the last several months before our game begins, she finally had contact with Cass and The Relentless.

Personality: Prussia tends to be quiet and reserved, appearing a bit on the shier side around people she doesn't know well. Once you come into her inner circle, she is witty and opinionated, showing a preference for cerebral company or at least those that can give her an honest laugh. She takes good care of herself and takes her job seriously - always staying focused when on duty. In her free time, she is more relaxed but does not tend to socialize very often. Being new, she hasn't made many friends as of yet. For now, she spends most of her free time in whatever quarters are allowed to her, she writes through her emotions so they will not cause distractions when around others - this is particularly important in her mind because the more she spends time around her Captain, the more she seems to become enamored with him. This is unexplored land for Prussia, because she has never had such a severe attraction for anyone in her life.  It can be difficult to focus around him and so she pours herself into her duties, making herself appear like a work-a-holic or perhaps even an ass-kisser, considering how apparent it is that she only acts that way when her commanding officer is around. She does everything in her power to not make these particular problems apparent because she couldn't imagine either what sort of complications would come up if he knew nor what she would do or where she would go if she had to leave the ship.

How did the Captain hear about and recruit you?: On leave, she had come to visit an old classmate who had settled down on a SA branded planet near Independent space. After a few days of relaxation and reminiscing, she left on a small transport to rejoin her assigned vessel. Before she could return, however, Prussia's transport was force-docked in a larger pirate ship of colors unknown. Here, she was kept as a prisoner for an indeterminable amount of time before the Wolf's crew somehow caught wind of the other pirate ships plans and launched a clandestine mission of their own - to board the other ship and take something they were rumored to have in heir holds.

Needless to say, they were successful at infiltrating and appropriation. There were minimal casualties (all on the defending side) and Cass left the ship in working condition, with enough supplies to keep the crew going, but much less swag then they held before. He managed to pick up more than one new crew member from the taken ship as there were several other privateers who were less than pleased with their standing at the time. He came across several people in the ship's holding cells and the rest of the small crew of Prussia's transport managed to be set free - in spite of refusing to join him.

When the comm officer heard about the kindness that was being offered through the grapevine from the others, she wanted to extend her thanks to whatever man was behind it ... but did not expect him to be anything like he was. She found herself in an awkward situation of coming to approach him but immediately pulling back at the sight of him and the sound of his voice. Somehow, the man was drawing and intimidating all together and she held back; rather than stride forward and shake the hand of a hero, she kept quiet and averted her eyes until he finally approached her.

The Captain of the Relentless gave her the same questions he had put the others through, but rather than opt to return to her post, she decided to join the crew. Cass had recognized how valuable a woman of her talent could possibly be to his crew and offered her a substantial salary and far more freedom than the Alliance could offer her. She had only one request before she would agree to join: she needed the crew's help to make it look like her leaving was not intentional. Between a few of Cass's staff, they arranged it to appear that she had been taken hostage once again, and the crew members of the transport carried this false word back to her ship, making her defection clean and easy.

Additional Information:

Extra photos:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/adminimagecatherine_game_-_katherine_catherine89677bd53ae91904dd50288d5881c319-8314.png
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/11cfb4k.jpg
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/catherine3.jpg
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/1558674-katherine_4_super.jpg
(I also have a kind of dirty one... but I'm keeping that away for now. >.> )

Aaaand... sorry... I just wanted an opportunity to actually use the word "swag" XD

Finished this when I was very tired, if I made any mistakes or anyone has requests of changes, I'll fix it first thing after I wake up. I just sort of went with the first things that came to mind... -.-

Vostroya

Looks good from here. Accepted.

Jebble212

jilorbb

Oh, no. I have a feeling Vincent is going to have his hands full with Prussia. XD

Lumasan

I already know Rozalyn will have her hands full with a couple of characters, and then interaction in general. X3
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

SpiralSpider

I was just wondering whether we were waiting for any particular character concept to join or a certain amount of time before we begin? (Someone is getting anxious)

I have a few more friends looking - hope you don't mind my spreading the word?

Vostroya

We are currently waiting on Freelance to post his character, and Brandon to do some editing to his character.

The more the better I say!

The introduction post to get everything started is finished and ready to start. If that's any help.

Saria

Sweeeeet.

Essie's going to keep Vincent's office hopping with crew members pouring with burst egos. ~nods sagely~

Also, RabbitJanitor's pic still isn't working. I think he means this guy, but I'm not sure.

Vostroya

Me and Peace are talking to see when we want to go ahead start the RP so we can go ahead and start, and if others want to join in later we can accommodate since it is a big ship.

An edit to my previous post. Since we have not heard from Brandon in a few days regarding his character, We are going to go ahead and open up the Assault Team Commander position for any who want to apply for it. Should Brandon want to continue, me and Peace will compare the characters and decide on which one would be best.

Thank you for your patience!

SpiralSpider

I'm good... other than the Holiday tomorrow, I've got nothing going on.

Except taking care of baby chinchillas!  ;D

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Saria on July 03, 2012, 04:02:36 PM
Also, RabbitJanitor's pic still isn't working. I think he means this guy, but I'm not sure.

It works for me, but you have to wait for the deviant-art page to redirect to the right image.

This is the one his link takes me to.

Saria

Ah, I guess it just doesn't work for me. I see a link, then when I click it, I get a page full of images, and it just stays on that page.

Ah, well, so long as it works for someone.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Saria on July 03, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
Ah, I guess it just doesn't work for me. I see a link, then when I click it, I get a page full of images, and it just stays on that page.

Ah, well, so long as it works for someone.

Might just be your browser not letting the page redirect. :P

Saria

Yeah, probably.

So, the story starts with the Relentless catapulted into an unknown area of space, right?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Saria on July 03, 2012, 04:56:31 PM
Yeah, probably.

So, the story starts with the Relentless catapulted into an unknown area of space, right?

It starts with the events that lead up to that. ;D

Vostroya

Basically its starts about 20 minutes before the ship enters the system where a mission is to take place that leads to the unknown area of space.

Jebble212

So are my ship additions approved from my last post?

Vostroya

Yes, and so are Lumasan's med bay pics.

Saria

Cool, so we're en route to a job? Nice.

He he, Jebble, I just have to say how much I love that Duncan's high-tech workstation has an old-school grey CRT screen in it. ~nodnod~