Crystalline Academy • Recruitment Thread

Started by AliceInLace, February 12, 2015, 06:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceInLace

We Are Currently::. Open Characters::. Always Open Last Update::. April 3, 2015

The Story
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

War has sent ten kingdoms into shambles as money and power ruled over the lands. The kingdoms were in shambles and many lives were lost in the battles that took place. Each kingdom was unlike the rest, all named after the precious gems they're known for the royal families also posses special abilities. This only fueled the war even further as each kingdom set out to prove who deserved to be ruler of all the lands. As bloodshed and tears stained the soil the kingdom experienced what is now know as the Dark Days. No one was safe from the war and the kingdoms became even further divided in there ways.

Five years ago a peace treaty was enacted and a new land was made in the name of peace. The dust soon settled as soldiers were sent home to their families until soon a letter arrived to each royal family of the kingdoms. The letter stated that in order to comply with the new peace treaty each kingdom must send one male and one female heir to the new Crystalline Academy where they would learn to keep peace as well as how to better use their abilities. The Dukes and duchess' of each land were also offered an invitation in hopes of further expanding the school.

What the students and staff of Crystalline didn't know was not everyone wants peace. The students may have to deal with getting along with other kingdoms but someone else has bigger plans. Can there truly ever be peace? Can such divided kingdoms come together against an even bigger threat? That's for you to decide!

Thread Management

Here is a list of the people who run, help and enforce rules for this roleplay. In order to become a moderator, you have to be here for a while and show interest in such a position. If any of these people ask you to follow a rule you may be breaking please do so. Any major conflicts or problems can be directed to myself or my partner.

Game Master/Owner::. AliceInLace
Co-GM::. Outlaw Fallen

.::Moderators::.

Starcry, EdwardShane, SargentToughie, ReaperDouble0, Mellific

Basic Rules

Here are a few simple rules to follow separated by category. ALL of Elliquiy's Rules will be adhered to without deviation.

general
Myself, Outlaw Fallen and our moderators are law around here. I always try to include the opinions of others while making changes and updates but please respect my decisions even if it may not have been your choice. This means do not complain or nitpick about the details I choose or direction I take the story.

Respect me and your fellow players. Respect the fact that we are different people, with different opinions, different beliefs, and different boundaries. By respecting each other, we can focus on just enjoying ourselves here.

If there is any issues with anything or anyone in the thread that you may become uncomfortable with, please let me or my staff know and we will try to assess the situation.

If you are in a relationship with someone on E (inside or outside of the game), read and be familiar with this guideline. Even if you are not in a relationship, the rule still applies.

posting
First and for most, please try to post as frequently as possible. I understand that everyone has lives but if you have people waiting on a reply from your character, try to get to it with in a week.

Any posts involving scenes that are past the 'Light' standard, please tag them. This will help other readers know what they are comfortable reading.

No character is perfect and everyone has a weakness, you are not almighty.

I would like to consider this a Literate roleplay so with that try to post a MINIMUM of four paragraphs or 500 words. I will accept the occasional short post but please don't make it a habit. Please have a grasp on proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. No one is perfect, but we do have standards.

In Character
Only straight characters, please. The time period is not common for openly LBGT.

Technology in this setting is not very advanced. Basically, there is no electricity or modern technological advances. No cars or trains or planes. No ipods or MP3 players or computers. No microwaves or electric stoves.

This world is along the lines of "sword and sorcery," so no firearms will be allowed. This means no guns of any kind. Weapons can be any type of blade, arrows, darts, things of that nature.

As with every game on E, player O/O's WILL be respected! If someone has violated your O/O's, try sending a PM to that player with a polite note that you are not comfortable with whatever they are doing. Feel free to CC your GMs when you do. If the player's behavior does not change, notify GMs IMMEDIATELY. The offending player will be banned from the game and a note of the infraction will be sent to E staff.

You cannot kill off a character without the writer's permission. If someone tells you he/she does not want to kill his/her character, please respect that. If anyone is pressuring you to kill off your character or to do anything with your character that you do not want to, bring it to my attention.

Don't pressure or pester someone to post. Do not tell them how they are supposed to write their character. You can plot with people, that's fine, but do not try to persuade them to write their character a certain way if they do not want to. If you feel like someone is pressuring you to do anything with your character, let me know.

Each person can have no more then three characters, however only one of them can hole a Prince/Princess spot. This is to ensure fairness in the characters.

Regarding the new Duke and Duchess positions, you have to 'build evenly'. By this I mean that if there is already a duke of Luna and no other dukes, please chose another kingdom. This will help prevent one kingdom from having a large number of characters while others are only a few.

Remember: GMs are the writers of this story and your character's actions have consequences. Nitpicking, complaining or arguing with the details or direction of the story is not only unwelcome, but also a breach of E's rules. If you have a legitimate issue, PM one of the GMs and we will be glad to talk about it. WE HAVE ALREADY HAD ONE ERUPTION OVER THIS AND YOU WILL GET ONE REMINDER OF THIS RULE BEFORE BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE GAME AND A NOTE IS SENT TO E STAFF.

The OOC
No drama in the OOC! If you have a problem with a particular person or something that was said/done, address it with the individual first and try to sort things out privately (Translation: TAKE IT TO PM IMMEDIATELY). If the issue is not settled that way, bring it to the attention of one of your mods or GMs so that we may attempt to find a solution. Do not drag it into the OOC and do not name-shame or point fingers in the OOC This is also a violation of E's rules of civility.

DO NOT argue in the OOC. This goes with the rule about no drama. Let's keep the OOC a light and friendly place, because we're all here to have fun and it isn't fun watching others fight. It's awkward, it's tense, and it's unnecessary. Handle it among yourselves or bring it to my attention. At the end of the day, we are all adults and we expect that all conflicts should be able to be resolved courteously, maturely and respectfully.

Communication is key to a toxic-free OOC. If there is something that makes you uncomfortable in the current conversation, please be sure to say something about it. A simple "This subject/topic of discussion makes me uncomfortable, can we talk about something else?" would do. On that note, don't purposely talk about topics that would make someone uncomfortable. Please be respectful to people's boundaries and triggers.

No pot-stirring outside of OOC. If you are aware of someone spreading drama, discord or malice or just plain bashing on other players in the game so as to alter other players' perceptions of them, notify us immediately. This sort of toxicity is not what we want in our game or what is needed in the E community.

Don't saturate the OOC with conversations about other threads. You might be in another thread with someone else in Utopia, but having an active discussion in the OOC about that other thread is a bit rude. Talk about it privately, please.

Regarding Absences

All characters must post a minimum once a week but please try to respond faster if you have people waiting on you. If you have not posted or contacted me in a week then you will get a ◘ next to your name in the "Active Players" section to signal you have been away. If you fail to contact me or post in two weeks your character will then be up for grabs.

Hiatus will be treated differently. If you are leaving for a short period of time please notify me or Fallen of your upcoming absence. Tie up all loose ends in the game as much as possible before your leave. Any hiatus over a month will result in your character being up for grabs. All users on Hiatus will have a ♦ next to there name on the "Active Players" list.

Active Players

Princes

Outlaw Fallen • Prince of Lunaria
ItsOzone • Prince of Terra*
SargentToughie • Prince of Cumulus*
TheCorsair • Prince of Prudentia
Interdiction of Words • Prince of Aquaria
BlankLightening • Prince of War
AidenWhite • Prince of Violetta
Moon Hound Hati • Prince of Incendia
aorangi3 • Prince of Solaria
BlackLightning • Prince of Belligero
DarkNevaeh • Prince of Curationum

Princesses

AliceInLace • Princess of Violetta
Chasseybaby • Princess of Lunaria
Mellific • Princess of Curationum
EdwardShane • Princess of Belligero
LamenatingQuill • Princess of Terra
CHARACTER AVAILABLE • Princess of Solaria*
BaronessAiyanna • Princess of Cumulus
ReaperDouble0 • Princess of Incedia
AliceInLace • Princess of Prudentia*
Starcry • Princess of Aquaria

Staff

AliceInLace • Headmistress
EdwardShane • Professor of Battle Training/Defense
aorangi3 • Professor of Magical Theory, Alchemy, and Magical Discipline
BaronessAiyanna • Professor of Music and Arts
AliceInLace • Professor of Etiquette
AidenWhite • Professor of History

* No Profile Yet
◘ Not Active, Two weeks until character becomes available
♦ On Hiatus

Links

Link to other threads.

Recruitment Thread
Character Creation
In Character
OOC and Chatter

18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

AliceInLace

Let me know if you're interested! i'll be putting up the character thread tomorrow!
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

AliceInLace

Letrixia

I would like to be a Curationum • Amethyst princess with self regeneration powers and healing powers using her self regeneration. Like she will hurt herself in order to heal others but her self regeneration would heal her.

AliceInLace

Letrixia

yay! :P also she would have no combat skills at all hehe easy pickings. In exchange for that she can heal almost everything, what do you think?

AliceInLace

Yeah, Can heal everything that isn't a fatal injury ie: Losing a limb, Stabbed/Hit in a major artery... so on

AliceInLace

I added you to the players list, tomorrow the other threads will be up so you can create your character

AliceInLace

Quote from: Letrixia on February 13, 2015, 06:24:28 PM
yay! :P also she would have no combat skills at all hehe easy pickings. In exchange for that she can heal almost everything, what do you think?

I added a "Reserve" so you can fill that out to save your spot

Letrixia

Kingdom Name: Curationum • Amethyst
Kingdom of Healing
role:: Princess
name:: Luna
powers:: Extreme regeneration abilities, The ability to cause herself harm in order to heal almost everything. (Including a severed limb if the person has the limb with them)
played by:: Letrixia

[Will fill the picture when I know if you accept real life or anime]]

AliceInLace

I actually haven't thought about that yet... hmm

Inari

Noting an interest... not sure if I would play a male or female for Peridot. Either way they would be able to talk to animals and control tree vines and such... very fun times...

AliceInLace

Quote from: Starcry on February 13, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
Noting an interest... not sure if I would play a male or female for Peridot. Either way they would be able to talk to animals and control tree vines and such... very fun times...

Sounds great!!

AliceInLace

I think i decided that given the fantasy nature I will go with Anime/Realistic Art style for the pictures.

Inari

Kingdom Name:: Kingdom of Earth ~ Terra • Peridot
Role:: Prince
Name:: Florian Terra
Powers:: Can communicate with all domesticated animals and small forest animals and can control vines, tree roots, ect.
played by:: Starcry

Izaya Orihara

This seems interesting. May as well try a character app before the roles get snapped up. Hope this is okay:
FYI, I copied the layout of the app above mine, since the one in the first post seems to have coding issues.

Kingdom Name:: Kingdom of Air ~ Cumulus • Topaz
Role:: Prince
Name:: Zephyrus Ventariel
Powers:: Wind Manipulation, Mist Form, Purification (ability to purify things, from water to illnesses, including, at least temporarily, problems of the mind).
played by:: Izaya Orihara

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

AliceInLace

Every thing looks great so far, I'll just have to edit the pictures to the required 100x100 px size. :) For future, you're supposed t send these to me in a message xD

Inari

When I put it 100 you could barely see the face and stuff so I went with width=200 on the pictures instead. [img width=200][/img]

AliceInLace

Quote from: Starcry on February 15, 2015, 06:21:22 AM
When I put it 100 you could barely see the face and stuff so I went with width=200 on the pictures instead. [img width=200][/img]
Don't worry I'll fix it. I use that size for a reason, they all will go on the front page on the rp

LamentingQuill

I would like to put in my request for the Peridot princess, I adore nature and I think I would have a lot of fun with it.

AliceInLace

Quote from: Starcry on February 15, 2015, 12:07:17 PM
I thought it was for use in rp. :o

Nope, it'll be more clear once I can get up the main page and the OOC :)

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Starcry on February 15, 2015, 03:40:36 PM
Want our characters to be siblings?

Sure, sounds good. PM me and we can share details, don't want to have conflicting information :)

FlamingAce242

Are you guys still looking for people? I might go for a fire or battle kingdom.