we're all mad h e r e alice. [ seeking the caterpillar ]

Started by hernameisbanks, July 12, 2018, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hernameisbanks

I have been wanting to do an Alice in Wonderland story for months.
But I think it's gotten to the point that it needs to be just something I make into a group idea.
I haven't created a group thread in years to be quite honest, but I'm thinking I've got this.
If you're interesting in Co-GMing, shoot me a PM.

Really I'm just seeing who would be interested in playing some denizens in Wonderland for Alice's second time falling down the Rabbit Hole,
obviously as a much older adult. There will be death ( yeah, bloody death that has nothing to do with sex because ma-ma-maMONSTERS ),
romantic/sexual relationships, and probably some mental health themes every now and then. Maybe even a little bit of drugs. I'll flesh out
my thought process here in a bit, but obviously I'm dropping my quarter in the well right now.

as an update, I will say I'm leaning toward this being Semi-Sandbox.

As an explanation, what I mean is that I do have an end goal in mind for the story, plot points, and things I definitely want to happen.
As the GM, I will be putting baddies and obstacles specifically in your way on Alice's journey to the Red Queen. But I also clearly realize that you
can't just be stagnant while waiting for Alice to stop by your neck of the woods and recruit, because that's fucking boring. So, if this gets enough interest,
what I will do is put brief little blurbs as a general point of expansion for each character that isn't an NPC
( obviously they will have their information fleshed out, because NPC's matter ok. ) and you can flesh out your characters from there.

I'm basically just going to turn this into my recruitment thread, because that's.. Simple.
For more flesh, you can peek in the ooc here

our roles are as follows.
"alice liddell" || taken
"the white rabbit" || taken
"the cheshire cat" || taken
"the caterpillar" || open
"the mad hatter" || taken
"the march hare" || taken
"the knave of hearts" || taken
"the red queen" || taken

your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dhampyress

I'd be very interested in participating in this if it gets off the ground! I presume this game would be inspired by some of the darker adaptations of the tales?

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Blissy on July 12, 2018, 09:05:57 PM

Thank you for your interest!

So essentially my thought process is to pull from the multiple Alice outlets and my own morbid mind,
but something triggers Alice to return to Wonderland only to find it's basically in absolute chaos.
I guess if you're looking for reference, maybe American McGee's Alice?
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dhampyress

Quote from: hernameisbanks on July 12, 2018, 09:12:13 PM
Thank you for your interest!

So essentially my thought process is to pull from the multiple Alice outlets and my own morbid mind,
but something triggers Alice to return to Wonderland only to find it's basically in absolute chaos.
I guess if you're looking for reference, maybe American McGee's Alice?

Sounds compelling! I figured there was some American McGee inspiration in play. That or some of the Grimm Fairy Tale elements. I'm equally interested in both and so the aesthetic sounds quite intriguing to me. ;D

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Blissy on July 12, 2018, 09:15:56 PM

JUST KNOW THAT DEATH WILL BE HAD,
if I can figure out how I want to do baddie killing the way I want to.

And, obviously, interest.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dhampyress

Quote from: hernameisbanks on July 12, 2018, 09:18:54 PM
JUST KNOW THAT DEATH WILL BE HAD,
if I can figure out how I want to do baddie killing the way I want to.

And, obviously, interest.

Noted!

Question, was there any thoughts as to what type of game it might be? Sandbox/Semi Sandbox, GM-driven and etc?

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Blissy on July 12, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

That's what I'm really attempting to decide.
Whether I want it to be systematic, with a specific story, or very free flowing.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Kokaine

Interested. Especially if the Red Queen would be a playable character.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Kokaine on July 13, 2018, 12:41:42 AM
Interested. Especially if the Red Queen would be a playable character.

Oooh yes,
resident big baddie. <3
If I do find more interest, I've got lovely thoughts for Queenie.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

hernameisbanks

alright,
now that I've sat and thought of more concrete ideas for this,
I'm thinking I may open up a more polished thread.

Maybe.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

RipTide

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Dhampyress

Quote from: hernameisbanks on July 14, 2018, 10:59:29 AM
alright,
now that I've sat and thought of more concrete ideas for this,
I'm thinking I may open up a more polished thread.

Maybe.

Looking forward to reading further into it! :-)

hernameisbanks

-hairflip-
Well, I'm off today, so that means that hopefully by the end of the night,
we'll have a prettier thread with a plot to look forward to.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

hernameisbanks

here we are.
I'll be filling in a bit more information for the characters themselves, nothing deep and extravagant
and then creating a proper reserve/profile coding sometime later today.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

RipTide

I’m thinking of possibly throwing my hat in for Alice, or maybe a female/human-ish version of the caterpillar... not sure if the latter falls in line with what you had in mind

hernameisbanks

Quote from: RipTide on July 14, 2018, 04:06:20 PM

I am definitely allowing for wiggle room to gender bend the characters, as I am for the White Rabbit,
so! Choose what calls to you lovely.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dhampyress

Briefly peaked over the link you provided. Your concept sounds lovely. I shall begin thinking about what sort of role might appeal to me in the game. I just had two questions. The first is in regards to the mythos relating to the Queens of Wonderland. I presume the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts are one in the same in this adaption? The second question was whether you were preferring for players to stick to the cannon selection of established characters, or was something like a descendant, relative, or spin-off a fair thing to consider as well?

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Blissy on July 14, 2018, 04:17:19 PM
Briefly peaked over the link you provided. Your concept sounds lovely. I shall begin thinking about what sort of role might appeal to me in the game. I just had two questions. The first is in regards to the mythos relating to the Queens of Wonderland. I presume the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts are one in the same in this adaption? The second question was whether you were preferring for players to stick to the cannon selection of established characters, or was something like a descendant, relative, or spin-off a fair thing to consider as well?

Thank you for your sweet words.
Number one, yes, I am molding the two, and have decided to not go into why there is no White Queen, something I'll discuss with whoever decides to take big Red. Two, I'm leaning on them being descendants, literally just the children of the originals, although obviously adults. They could have learned stories of the triumphant Alice, or been somewhere on the backburner and there to witness it. That being said, this would give wiggle room to how the Red Queen got some old shit for a husband ( whether it be by marriage into the family or simply marrying him for gain of her own. ).

let me go add that to my story post before I forget.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

RipTide

Quote from: hernameisbanks on July 14, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
I am definitely allowing for wiggle room to gender bend the characters, as I am for the White Rabbit,
so! Choose what calls to you lovely.

Well, I didn't want to claim Alice right away since I was interested in two characters, but since she's still open, I will stake my claim now. Of course, I can also play Caterpillar if needed, plus I have the perfect image for her. :)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

hernameisbanks

Quote from: RipTide on July 16, 2018, 02:57:09 PM
Well, I didn't want to claim Alice right away since I was interested in two characters, but since she's still open, I will stake my claim now. Of course, I can also play Caterpillar if needed, plus I have the perfect image for her. :)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

omg, that face claim is absolutely stunning for lil 'pillar,
especially with the blues.
I will mark dear Alice as reserved~
<3
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dragongoddess

Well I was hoping that the White Queen was available but if not, I'd love to play Red Queen, Mad Hatter, or Cheshire Cat.  Are any of these four claimed?  Don't worry.  I only plan to take one.

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 16, 2018, 08:15:39 PM
Well I was hoping that the White Queen was available but if not, I'd love to play Red Queen, Mad Hatter, or Cheshire Cat.  Are any of these four claimed?  Don't worry.  I only plan to take one.

Well love, you have options
available, as all three are currently open,
sans the White Queen as she won't be involved.
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dragongoddess

Hm...really leaning towards Red Queen or Mad Hatter then.

hernameisbanks

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 16, 2018, 08:45:39 PM
Hm...really leaning towards Red Queen or Mad Hatter then.

If it helps you make your decision, there is someone above who was tentative about the Red Queen,
however it is still up in the air, thus leaving it open. Also that they are our main baddie in this situation
so i'll be bothering you when it comes down to thrusting bad minions into the world.
(basically, "r u ready to start some shiiiiit.")
::)
your hungry heart was 
o v e r f e d.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: hernameisbanks on July 16, 2018, 08:59:13 PM
If it helps you make your decision, there is someone above who was tentative about the Red Queen,
however it is still up in the air, thus leaving it open. Also that they are our main baddie in this situation
so i'll be bothering you when it comes down to thrusting bad minions into the world.
(basically, "r u ready to start some shiiiiit.")
::)

lol I tend to play characters that revovle around drama or making others' lives hell or something similar.  If the other person wants Red Queen, I'll take Hatter but I don't want to write off Queenie if the other person isn't sure...