I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Ok I ended up editing the outfit and Persona. Hopefully the GMs are ok with it. :P

Gardsorm

Oh god you did it. xD That;s... Honestly amazing. =p

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 04, 2018, 09:33:13 PM
Oh god you did it. xD That;s... Honestly amazing. =p

Yeah I had this idea for a while that she’s a prim and proper young lady with manners, but has a secret hobby of being a fan of magical girl shows and manga. Obviously it’s not becoming of a young lady like herself, so she has to keep her hidden passion a secret! However since she’s always wanted to be a hero, she got her wish and she has her own Sailor fuku Uniform in the Metaverse. :3

Lynx181

So I think I know what I want my characters backstory to be, I just would like help on the persona. I was thinking a Greek monster...kraken or Scylla, just something octopus like.

Gardsorm

A monster instead, huh? That sounds fine, but wer'e going to have to figure out how to spin the Kraken or Scylla as entities that not only embody foreboding and doom, but may also imply deep change and growth, a process of healing or regeneration from past occurrences... Things like that. o=

Lynx181

*nods* I may have to tweak the lore of the beasts if that is ok...though I think they are both very vague lores to begin with.

Lynx181

Name:Fuka Koshimi
Sexuality: straight
Arcana: death
Weapon: melee:fists (gloves, knuckle dusters)
Ranged:throwing knives (sashimi knives)

Background:son to a sushi restaurant owner, fuca grew up with a very angry mother and a cowardly father...in truth his mother always wanted a daughter, and she generally detested fish, but only stayed with her husband because his business was good...growing up he would help his father, soon developing amazing cooking skills, not only in sushi...he would read cookbooks, along with other novels, and attempt to make the foods he read with what was available...eventually his father allowing his sons creations to be the special of the day.

Even though outwardly he seemed fine, grades average, his mental stability was rough, due to his mother being vocally abusive, he would eventually snap at the age of 14 and yell at his mother, putting a hole clean through a wall even though he wasn't outwardly strong with just his fist...his mother was terrified and ranaway, only to trip and fall down the stairs of their home and breaking her neck...

Not long after, his father closed up the shop and just...left fuca behind, no words, anything...his father loved his mom more than anything...even fuca apperantly...he was soon put in foster care, and eventually developing an aura of disdain from everyone...people saying that he killed his mom and maybe even his dad...so now he is a closed up clam, exiled from normal society, sent to this school in the not so good part of town...

Persona: Scylla, the upper body of a beautiful young lady, her lower body a mess of tentacles, her personality is that of hatred and disdain.
Persona Affinities:physical, ice
Persona Weakness:thunder, light.

Lynx181

Revelation

Haven't forgotten, just wasn't able to get to it last night. should be wrapping up my character ltaer tonight.

Lynx181

Gardsorm

Weather sucks but otherwise hanging in therr. Still looking forward to things here, preferably during a time when my hands and fingers won't feel numb. x:

TheLaughingOne

holy crap... How did i miss this...? I even have a perfect character for it from another persona game!!!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Revelation

Name: Masaru Hirai
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Arcana: Strength
Weapon: Spear

Background: Born from a german father and a japanese mother, Hirai has not had the best of lives. When his father died when he as young, his mother was forced to move back into her family’s home, and during that time, Masaru quickly found that he was not liked by his mothers side of the family – both for his mother marrying a non japanese native, and also for his own foreigner blood. Additionally it put greater strain on the families already limited budget, which caused a greater rift between his mother and the family at large.

Living as something of an outcast in the family cared for mostly by his mother, it wasn’t out of the ordinary to see him out in the streets as a kid, either getting into trouble or playing with what few friends he had. However a history of what he chalked up to an aura of bad luck plagued him – friends would get hurt playing with him, or get sick with regularity and often times blamed him given his already troubled home life. This only further served to make him an outcast, but rather than wallow in it, he did his best to see the bright spots in life, even as his mother and he were eventually kicked out of the house and forced to live on their own come him becoming an older teenager.

Sukuinote reform school was potentially the best school that his mother could afford to send him to, and he’s been there for both his 17th – and now 18th year. Concerned with both wanting to succeed but also seeking to help others & especially his mother however he can, Masaru is a surprisingly kind and strong willed man, even if part of him feels quite literally cursed in every aspect of his life. Little in the way of friends, little in the way of support, worrying over the future, and feeling powerless to change things… At least, for now.

Personality: hard working, devoted, and wanting to make others happy, Masaru knows the value of a hard days work even if at the end of it, things don't always go his way. A man with little friends but the desire to make them, most are put off by him being in a reform school - or perhaps some may just see his german heritage as well, too 'foreign' at best. Despite that he's a rather kind and open man, willing to help out when he can and do his best to make someone else smile if it's possible. Despite seeming too nice for his own good he had an inner strength and fortitude. One thing that is a flaw for him however is he strongly feels he has an aura of bad luck - even when things seemed to go his way in the past, the best of intentions or the best of hopes have slipped through his fingers and left him even worse than before sometimes. Despite that however he remains optimistic - feeling that at the end of the day, if there is nothing to hope for, then it is a truly lost cause. Among what few friends he has, he's happy to be their moral support.

Persona: Karna
Persona Affinities: Light, Nuclear, Fire
Persona Weakness: Lightning, Gun,

Looking for a decent image for Karna and how he could look in the 'other' world, but I threw this together overthe weekend, I hope it's decent.

Tokyorose627

Ooh he’s interesting Changing! I like him!

You may want to add a personality tab though when you have the chance!

Tokyorose627

So does anyone know which Ariana’s haven’t been taken yet?

I wanna make a male character but I don’t know which Arcana are still available.

TheLaughingOne

Character Sheet:
Name: Juhi Koinu
Sexuality: Bisexual
Arcana: Devil
Weapon:
Melee: Chains
Ranged: Machine Pistols

Background:
Juhi's parents met while her father was working in the USA as a Corporate Adviser, her mother a secretary. A quite romance began which eventually rolled into full on Marriage.

They moved back to Japan, and not long after Juhi was born. An independent little girl Juhi got her nickname for how she would cry and howl constantly as a little baby and toddler. Marked by her fair skin and blond hair she was bullied greatly in school with the teachers largely ignoring it, until she began to lash out in return. Quickly marked as a trouble maker and con artist, she started to take pride in the role, acting it out of school as much as in. Her parents were at their wits end, torn between their daughters actions, and the fact that she was being bullied without response. For a time she was luck in that she had done nothing to acquire actual criminal charges, nor fallen in with any of the gangs, though perpetually frustrated as she was unable to make any solid lasting connections with others her age. This lasted up until the school star decided to "Set her straight", which regrettably ended with him hospitalized in severe condition... With threats of criminal charges Juhi was shipped off to Sukuinote Reform School under duress from the courts.

Persona:
Lilith

Persona Affinities: Nuclear, Fire (skills: Mafrei, Agi)
Persona Weakness: Almighty, Wind
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Tokyorose627

Ah, never mind I found the list! I’ll make a Male character with the Star Arcana then!

Revelation

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 07, 2018, 11:09:30 AM
Ooh he’s interesting Changing! I like him!

You may want to add a personality tab though when you have the chance!
Thanks! YEah, i'll be adding in a personality blurb for him after work.

Tokyorose627

Name: Asahi Hosetsu
Arcana: Star
Weapon: Knives

Personality: Asahi is a upbeat and friendly individual...or at least that’s what he used to be. Ever since his time in the reform school, his mood hasn’t been the best. His situation has labeled him as someone as he’s not, and as a result, has been forced into a mass of individuals that he doesn’t wish to associate with. He’s been ridiculed and mocked, tried to be recruited into groups that have had less then pure intentions, and as a result, has chosen to stay back from others. He talks if he needs to, but as a result, his friendliness and upbeat personality have all but been killed by what has happened. There are a few glimmers of hope that appear, but those instances has been rare.

Background: Asahi was like any normal young Japanese boy when they were just a child. He had loving parents, a nice home life that was right near the area of Tokyo, and an education that couldn’t be beat. Asahi aspirations for himself manifested in school when he got into music class of all things, when he was forced, just like all the other little kids, to play the recorder. For some reason, his mind clicked with instruments and music, and as he grew older, he began to practice with other instruments, such as drums and guitars. It wasn’t until around the age of 10 that he tried using his voice, and with enough vocal training, found that he had a rather unique voice! Despite aging, his voice still held a soft and somewhat adolescent ring to it, with some others comparing it to a girl’s voice. Despite the heckling and teasing from others, it gave Asahi the edge that he could use for music; his voice was so unique, that others that listened followed him and wanted to hear more, to which he found his true calling!

While working his butt off at odds and ends like part time jobs, he was able to scrounge up enough money to get his own electric guitar, and began to practice to achieve his dream of becoming a musician in a band, and maybe even have his own band some day. His parents were al the more encouraging, as Asahi began to work his way to making himself known. From making videos on the internet of his skills, to playing around in clubs and cafes to get some recognition some how, it seemed like fate that a well known Manager of a record label company had spotted him, and asked to see more of what he had. With the few weeks that passed, and having to give the Manager a fee to be scouted, Asahi’s debut was all but secured, and at the age of 16 no less!

However, it all changed one night when he was on his way home, near midnight in fact, when he noticed some commotion going in nearby. A woman was being heckled by a man in a nice looking car, almost being forced to go in. Asahis heorics kicked in and he ran over to help, seeing the woman distressed, but soon found that the man that was trying to force her to go with him was his soon-to-be manager. Confused as to why he would try to do such a thing, he tried reasoning with him, but the fought, and in the conflict of protecting himself and the woman, his manager was struck. Knowing that neither of them could beat him in a legal battle, he forced the woman to lie and say that Asahi was the one that tried to hurt her, and police swiftly came in and arrested Asahi, all while he was trying to tell them the truth of what really happened.

The next day everything changed.

His contract with his manager was terminated, his debut concert was cancelled, and any promotional material for him was destroyed. His parents, devastated that their son would do such a thing, did the unthinkable and disowned him, sending him off to Sukuinote Reform School to hopefully straighten him out, not wanting him to tarnish the family name. Asahi has been there one full year, and because of this has become a bit distant from others. His once upbeat and kind attitude has started to sully, and he wonders if his name will ever cleared, hatred boiling towards his once manager that caused all of this.

Metaverse Outfit

Persona: Phantom

Persona Affinities: Fire

Persona Weakness: Electricity

Soveliss

So everyone started thinking as to what their metaverse uniforms would be... I guess Kimiko's would be a military ceremonial uniform that is a mix and match uniform taking cues from the WW II officer uniforms of all the major countries (Axis and Allies) that took part in WW II worn over a prison uniform that's a mix and match of all the prison uniforms from the modern-day version of the same countries, if that's okay. Though I won't have an image unless someone's willing to draw one. :P
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Empyrean

Just to let everyone know, I'm still here. I also haven't slept in twenty-four hours and counting, so I haven't looked over the new sheets because I don't want to do that when I'm sleep-deprived. After I crash and wake up, I will gladly look over sheets and see about getting an OOC set up.

Gardsorm

Quote from: Soveliss on January 07, 2018, 12:59:28 PM
So everyone started thinking as to what their metaverse uniforms would be... I guess Kimiko's would be a military ceremonial uniform that is a mix and match uniform taking cues from the WW II officer uniforms of all the major countries (Axis and Allies) that took part in WW II worn over a prison uniform that's a mix and match of all the prison uniforms from the modern-day version of the same countries, if that's okay. Though I won't have an image unless someone's willing to draw one. :P

I could always drop my image and just get super descriptive with a design too so you wouldn't be alone. xD

Wow, missed a few new characters. I do want to say, TheLaughingOne, someone else elected to use Lilith as their Persona, though of The Magician arcana. But they haven't gotten around to updating their profile for a while. I should update the Arcana list with the Personas too...

EDIT:

Yuuki Mifunashiro [M] / The Tower / Apollyon
Kimiko Takeda [F] / The Hanged Man / Pilecki
Tsumi Kusanagi [F] / The Magician / Lilith (tentative)
Akira Hojo [M] / The Fool / Hendrix
Mallory Fuyuko [F] / The Lovers / Princess Kaguya
Ko Himura  [F] / The Hermit / Oizys
Fuca Koshimi [M] / Death / Scylla
Masaru Hirai [M] / Strength / Karna
Juhi Koinu [F] / The Devil / Lilith [tentative?]

Didn't want to add Asahi just yet because I'm not sure of the verdict of playing two characters first.

And no problem Empyream, I know what it's like to stay up that long. I can barely pull it off anymore. >_o

Soveliss

Keep your image if you're happy with it, don't have to drop it for me!
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Gardsorm

Quote from: Soveliss on January 07, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Keep your image if you're happy with it, don't have to drop it for me!

Honestly, no, not majorly. =p I have much better designs for it in my head but an inability to draw hold me back. Outfit and the mask. So I might just drop it anyway. xD

TheHangedOne

So six pages is a lot to read in half an hour, but I am definitely interested in this game. Hopefully I didn't skimp over anything. Here's my character concept. Please let me know if anything is out of place.

Character Sheet
Name: Saika Suo (Suo being the first name)
Arcana: Justice
Weapon: A man only needs his fist and feet/ Ranged weapon: Thrown objects (Stones, chairs, other people/monsters...)

Background: Suo wasn't just your average hooligan, but rather, was part of a biker gang. A gang which was run by the child of a Yakuza boss. Suo fell into the crowd partly as a way to get out of being bullied (Nobody messed with these guys), but more because he sensed an inherit degree of 'honor among thieves' and was captivated by the way the Yakuza run things (and the boss' kid was already doing pretty damn well to be a fine leader).

They raised their fair share of hell, and did some questionable things; but Suo always found it to be 'right' in one way or another. It might not be the type of "Law" that most people think of, but there was an order to it all; things were set in stone, and easy to understand, but difficult to explain.

One day, they went too far on one thing or another, though. It was a pretty serious crime; they had killed a man. Admittedly, said man was a rapist, and Suo was accustomed to such back-alley 'justice'. But they went too far; what was supposed to be a sound beating turned into a murder. And even worse, they could hear sirens in the distance.

Suo chose to stay behind, martyring himself so that the others could escape, with an understanding that one day, there would be a place for him... not just in this group of delinquents, but in the Yakuza itself.

Because of extenuating circumstances, his age at the time (16), and that there was testimony provided by the rape victim--who failed to mention any of the other 'kids'--Suo was given one final chance. They shipped him off Sukuinote, with the understanding that if he couldn't get his act together, the only place he'd be going was jail.

He keeps the secret close to his chest, and does his work. He keeps his head down, relying on the rumors and fear about him shield him from the other delinquents. Yet, he has, for his time at Sukuinote, remained isolated and alone; just putting one foot in front of the other, counting the days until he can get out; hoping for that reprieve. Waiting to return to people who he, quite frankly, has no contact with any more.

Metaverse Outfit

In addition to this outfit, there is Kanji 'painted' onto the back of the jacket in glowing red, which reads "Live Fast, Fight Hard, Die Young"

Persona: Dullahan
Persona Affinities: Dark, Wind,
Persona Weakness: Light, Fire
The Dullahan (Literally "Without a head") is an Unseelie Faerie in Celtic Mythology with strong associations with death. She usually rides a black horse,  which is said to send out sparks and flames from its nostrils as it charges forth. She carries her own head by her hair, tucked under one arm, or even attached to the saddle of her horse. A hideous, Cheshire grin splits the face from ear to ear, and the eyes, which are small and black, dart about like malignant flies, capable of penetrating even the darkness of a moonless, starless night. The Dullahan's fearsome reputation is best shown in its armaments; it uses the spine of a human as a whip, and is known to also throw buckets of blood on people who have seen her; being showered in blood by a Dullahan is practically being marked for death.  In addition, the Dullahan can also be seen adorned with funeral items on both its person, its horse, and the carriage it occasionally drives.

It is said that a Dullahan will pursue its objective relentlessly, and that even magically barred gates will fly open for her; that when she utters the name of an individual, they will be struck dead on the spot. However, it is said that the Dullahan can be warded away with gold, which in many mythologies, is intrinsically linked with the sun, and the element of Light.
Skills

Arm Chopper, Evil Smile, Skull Cracker, Fatal End, Crazy Chain, Deathbound, Garu, Magaru, Ghastly Wail, Hell's Judgment; Resist Fear, Repel Physical, Endure

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!