News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuziWoozi

Germany to beat Brazil

Holland to beat Argentina

All European final, first European side to win World Cup on South American soil.
Suzi

Nico

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 08, 2014, 01:08:56 PM
*attempts to brainwash Nic into cheering for Brazil instead*
No way. :P

CastorTroy

Brazil haven't lost at home in a competitive game since 1975. Surely this isn't the day that record is spoilt? They'll miss Neymar and Thiago Silva, but Dante a good replacement for the latter and Bernard/Willian aren't so bad. The Germany defence can be got at if you sit deep and counter, as Ghana and Algeria showed.
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Current Roleplays: My Crown Jewel | Familial Ties | Daddy’s Out (Completed) |

Kitsunetsuki

*crosses fingers and toes for Brazil*
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

ChicagoOkie

Quote from: Kitsunetsuki on July 08, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
*crosses fingers and toes for Brazil*

Sorry darling, as a person of German descent I am rooting for Germany.
Random PM's welcome.
Available for the right story.
O/Os Updated story ideas. May/9/2021
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

Deamonbane

If Brazil doesn't win, I will be cheering for Argentina over Holland.... because if they lose, it's gonna be a Brazil x Argentina game in Brasilia... Seriously. Fuck.

*bribes Nic with sexy pics*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Nico

apygoos

looooooooooooooooooooool wtf is happening to the "world cup dominant favorites"? 3 goals given in less than a minute to go down 4-0 before 30 minutes
correction edit
now 5-0

gaggedLouise

OMG - with this kind of Blitzkrieg football it's going to end at 12-1!  :o

Brazil will be lucky if they can gain the bronze medal in a few days time.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Izu

XD Is this really happening?

Way to go Germany!

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Aleph

<with apologies to Deamonbane, et al>

I just realised what the problem is, it was the yellow shirts, Australia has been put out there by mistake! ;)

Deamonbane

What. The. Serious. Fuck? Did Brazil forget to come into the field today? You can't blame this shit on two players gone. This is rotten management at it's finest. You see the team that beat Portugal 4-0 and you put in two defenders? Seriously? Leave a man like Mueller alone in the area? *rants*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

gaggedLouise

"They're changing tack every five minutes...Only Germans can do this sort of thing!"

(from an old record review of an, apparently, very strange album)

ChicagoOkie

I feel bad for the Brazilian fans.
Random PM's welcome.
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

gaggedLouise

There's gonna be riots or near riots after the match.  :-[

consortium11

I had a big post lined up about exactly how big a miss Silva and Neymar would be and why but the match was kicking off so I left it. Now I wish I hadn't because the effect is pretty much what I predicted, albeit not quite this dramatically.

Neither Dante nor Luiz are defensive leaders and both are prone to following the ball. Silva is the one who organises the defence, tightens up space and makes sure the fullbacks get back and in position. Even ignoring how prone to silly mistakes both Dante and Luiz are, without Silva there's no organisation... which is why Germany were so rampant down the flanks.

Without Neymar there's little creativity in Brazil's attack. There central midfield pairing (and pretty much all of their centre mid options) are hard working, hard running box-to-box players but they offer little creatively. The likes of Hulk and Bernard are powerful/fast (delete as appropriate) runners but have limited end product while Fred is well... Fred. On paper only Oscar offers any creativity, but he's looked jaded for a while and has been underwhelming all tournament.

Because the instinct of pretty much every one of those players is to run with the ball they're easy to predict and defend against. More, they like to get forward which means against a pressing team the defence isn't left with many options. Luiz firing off long balls may have been a tactical decision but I suspect that it's more likely it was because he didn't have any options to take the ball nearer. Neymar avoids that. If a team doesn't mark him then he'll hold the ball, drive and look for the pass. If they do mark him closely then there's space that those runners can actually exploit.

On a side note, it's not as if Germany have actually been stunning... Özil in particular has been utterly awful.

apygoos

Quote from: ChicagoOkie on July 08, 2014, 03:44:26 PM
I feel bad for the Brazilian fans.
yea they look devistated, and silent

to an end i feel kinda cheated that USA couldn't beat Belgium, cause we only lost to Germany 1-0

Nico

I feel very bad for the Brazilian fans. :-( I saw that some of them left the stadium already.

Kitsunetsuki

I'll just be over here crying....
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

ChicagoOkie

Quote from: Kitsunetsuki on July 08, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
I'll just be over here crying....

Aw...poor Kit. *hugs tightly.*
Random PM's welcome.
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

Nico

Deamonbane

*spits and growls and curses*

Remiel

How do you punch an entire nation in the stomach?  Now we know.

I'm glad that Klose got his record, but Germany needs to ease up, or else they will become the world's bullies.

Phobetor

I've predicted that it was going to come down to Germany vs. Netherlands but...Good gravy! I am at work and I'm stunned at what I've heard.

I hope they score at least once or twice. Please!
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Deamonbane