To have the power of magic on your fingertips...

Started by Dijeon, June 03, 2007, 08:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dijeon

So, then, here's a new idea that I want people joining in.

Several centuries ago, two very powerful Genies, mystical creatures of the highest order, started a battle of mythical proportions. It is unknown what exactly triggered it, but the results of the battle, while unknown to most of mankind, were arguably equal to the balance of good and evil - meaning that whenever one of the Genies had the advantage, a war or some other conflict either broke out or was finished, the power scale depending on how fast the other Genie managed to turn things around.

However, a week ago, all of this changed.

Miakhshumassa, the Dark Genie, suffered such a critical defeat by the hands of Belonrefyr, the Light Genie, that her body was unable to sustain itself anymore, and exploded, scattering the Genie's mystical energies. However, Belonrefyr was enraged, for this was not the death of his enemy; he knew that she was still alive, enough that she'd be able to return, given enough time. Swearing to rid the world of her energies, he initiated a hunt, trying to track down every little bit of Miakhshumassa's energies, so that he could purge the world from what he deemed to be her evil.

Almost simultaneously to these events, the world suddenly entered an era of peace, with all major conflicts seemingly... disappearing. Even civilizations who once hated each other began discussing peace treaties, and so it seemed the world would indeed, finally find peace...

...or would it?

Inside an ancient tomb in a city of Egypt, a stone ring stood. Slowly collecting energies, it was where Miakhshumassa was going to be reborn, once her energies finally returned... but as an archaeological trip took place to this tomb, and one of the crewmates accidentally touched the ring, things went... awry, to say the least.

-=-

Sorry for the slash bar. Anyway... by joining in, your character is going to receive a part of Miakhshumassa's essence. This essence, by itself, is not going to turn your character into an evil being or a god - it's too little, simply put. The essence will only increase the effect of certain negative feelings (at least, negative according to what Belonrefyr believes to be negative), as well as give the character powers. Not enough to be capable of conquering countries... but enough to survive.

Yes, because Belonrefyr is after the essences, and your characters are going to be hunted down by him. He's not intending to rest as long as any bits of Miakhshumassa's essence exists, and that means he's going to try and destroy your very souls. The good thing is that, while each essence bearer, by itself, is not likely to be able to stop him, they're now capable of overpowering him.

As an addition... there's the Genie, who was the one who released Miakhshumassa's essence to those around, and thus is now her representative on Earth. This Genie is bound to the item, and whoever keeps the item commands the Genie... and due to that, they can actually try to increase their essence's power, though to earn more of this means they're making themselves a risk, as they'll be attracting Belonrefyr's attention more than the others.

Still, with a Genie that can grant nearly every wish one could want, under one's command... sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?

-=-

Anyway, here are the character guidelines you guys need to follow, to post your character:

Name: (Can be from any nationality.)
Original Appearance: (How the character looked like, before receiving the essence.)
New Appearance: (If the character was changed physically somehow, here's where you post it.)
Abilities: (Up to three. Be aware that, while you can list something as either 'infinite', 'ultimate', and the likes, this will count as being the maximum FOR THE HUMAN BODY. Unless you can become an animal, in which case, it'll be affected accordingly, but only if you're in that body. Oh, and you can't be the Genie.)
Personality:
History: (Bear in mind that you haven't received the essence yet; it'll be one of the starting things of the game, thus... yeah. Also, you don't have to be a member of the archaeological team, so long as you are on the surroundings, such as in the city nearby.)

So, then... waiting for people...

broodingstorm87

You Guys Still Need players? If so im very interested...not for sure if I have a concept yet.

Dijeon

Yes, I am. Sorry for the delay... I had problems being able to access the site.

crazycarlt

Name: Velma DeSousa
Original Appearance: Velma was bookish with short brown hair, glasses, and an average figure. She was about 4'6".
New Appearance: She grew to 6' tall with a much shaplier figure, curving hips and large breasts. She has brown skin and long, straight and shiny black hair. She no longer needs glasses either.
Abilities: She has the power to eat anything. When she bites somethign with the intent of consuming it, it becomes gummy and soft as her teeth touch it, allowing her to take bites out of brick, steel, wood, anything. She can gain nourishment from these things too and she's also able to eat or drink normally toxic or inedible things safely, such as drinking poison, eating a lit stick of dynamite (which becomes non-volatile upon consumption) or even drinking molten iron, so long as it safely enters her mouth.
Her second power is the power to stretch any part of her body like a rubber band. This includes her internal organs where applicable.
And her third power is the power to control her bodily functions completely at will. She can adjust her metabolism, quickly break down toxins in her body, or do any number of other things normally lost to automated biological processes.
Personality: She's adventurous and headstrong, but has a compassionate side too.
History: She was studying abroad in Cairo when she was hit by the essence and transformed. Now she's stuck there because she no longer looks like her passport photo and can't convince anybody of her nationality.

crazycarlt

Sure. I'm not studied-up on the story thus far, so help me out if I mess something up. If I get a chance soon I'll try to read the thread.