ARCTICA [Story Emphasis] [Hard Sci-Fi] [Closed]

Started by Question Mark, June 21, 2014, 12:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Quote from: Red Stella on July 03, 2014, 01:27:44 PM
Aargh!!  Yes, the date is off.  Thanks for catching my typo, it should be 1988.  *bangs head on desk*

It's a good thing you fixed it.  That would have been a gross violation of confidentiality, for which NATO penal code A-0111 would be considered.

Red Stella

Quote from: Question Mark on July 03, 2014, 01:37:18 PM
It's a good thing you fixed it.  That would have been a gross violation of confidentiality, for which NATO penal code A-0111 would be considered.

I'm grateful to have avoided that

Red Stella

Quote from: Question Mark on July 02, 2014, 11:27:31 PM
Auguring, huh?  Well isn't that interesting....  I think Dr. Graham will be an excellent addition to this operation.

She doesn't have her doctorate yet, but she has excellent auguring skills and is happy to join the mission.

Blinkin

Dr. Gallegar would be happy to take her under his wing as a post-graduate as she works toward her doctorate. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Red Stella

Quote from: Blinkin on July 03, 2014, 02:13:36 PM
Dr. Gallegar would be happy to take her under his wing as a post-graduate as she works toward her doctorate. ;)

That would be very nice of him.  Rebekah would appreciate that.   ;)

Question Mark

Shortly, I will be sending out a wave of PMs.  These are OOC and are meant to describe the events your character has experienced during these past two weeks.  Feel free to respond with questions or feedback; this is a mutual story, and we should work together to make it the best as possible.  Consider these messages a personal prologue to the game proper, which I will begin upon the deadline.

Red Stella

isambard

Got mine.

I like.

It's been a loooong time since I wrote here, and I remember QM's name from back then. It's a pleasure to make my return in one of your RPs!

Question Mark

They're all sent out.  Working on an update to the Brief and then moving on to the IC thread.

Quote from: Red Stella on July 05, 2014, 07:51:14 PM
*bounces excitedly*

Save your energy.  Methinks you'll be needing it...

Quote from: isambard on July 05, 2014, 07:57:32 PM
Got mine.

I like.

It's been a loooong time since I wrote here, and I remember QM's name from back then. It's a pleasure to make my return in one of your RPs!

Your name is very familiar, but I can't recall specifically if we've written together before.  Have we?  Regardless, it's awesome that you chose to make your return debut in ARCTICA.  Now, just make sure you survive it.

isambard

Did some digging, and I think I found it - PeacethatPowerbrings' Under Sovereign's Sky.

We both registered interest, and you ended up playing the antagonist. I loved the setting, but unfortunately the game fizzled out.

That Group Wanted thread was posted April 6th, 2012.

Question Mark

Quote from: isambard on July 05, 2014, 08:34:46 PM
Did some digging, and I think I found it - PeacethatPowerbrings' Under Sovereign's Sky.

We both registered interest, and you ended up playing the antagonist. I loved the setting, but unfortunately the game fizzled out.

That Group Wanted thread was posted April 6th, 2012.

Oh yes, that game!  I loved that, had a lot of fun playing the "bad guy" in the setting.  IIRC, the original "heroic squad" all left and had to be replaced with a second one, but Rico kept blasting drones out of the sky until the very end.

Question Mark