Hunting of (wo)man (NC Human freeform)

Started by RedEve, June 24, 2011, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue." - Ernest Hemingway

In a dystopian future, much of humanity has perished in a series of terrible wars. Some form of society has been rebuilt from the rubble, but it is unlike anything we knew before the terrible cataclysm. Women have been stripped of all rights and are treated as property that can be bought, sold and discarded as easily as a car or a TV. Most of the population of earth now lives in a few clusters of partially rebuilt metropolises. The total world population is under 200 million. The majority of the female population lives in de facto slavery. The only exception are those women who find themselves in the so-called "free zones". They encompass the largely uninhabited areas in between the reconstructed cities. Between the wild-life which has reclaimed much of the earth and the isolation, life is very hard in the Free Zones. And that is even without counting the favorite new pass time of the world's elite: hunting for the "free range" women that inhabit the Free Zones.

Using satellite surveillance, Gyros (futuristic helicopters) and a series of ultra-modern traps and weapons, these men hunt the women. Their motives are not unlike those of the big game hunters that used to go to Africa to kill a lion or an elephant (which are both now extinct). Only the aim is not necessarily to kill, but rather to capture, rape and torment. Depending on if the woman is to their liking, she is brought back home as a living "trophy", sold as a slave or simply discarded after the hunt.

This would be a free-form NC human game. All players would be part of one of two groups: a party of hunters who are on a holiday in the Free Zone to hunt women, or one of the unfortunate women that falls into their clutches. I myself will play a trained female slave who assists her master on the hunt. This means that sexually she would be off-limits to the rest of the hunters, though obviously her master will use and abuse her himself.

I would like to limit the group of hunters to 3-6 men. There will be no limit on the amount of female prey, though obviously we will make sure there are enough hunters to keep them all occupied. The women can be all part of the same Free Zone community or just total strangers, either is fine. The men can be anyone and come from anywhere. They all should be wealthy though, since the Woman Hunt is a hobby only the super rich can afford. All of them should hail from one of the worlds major cities, since that is where most of the population of the world now resides. Though take into consideration that the population of those metropolises will have quite literally been decimated. NYC has by far the biggest remaining population at 2 million souls.

The year is 2135. Humanity is technologically advanced, but much of the new technology has been created using salvaged equipment from the wars. So even "new" vehicles have a used (second-hand if you will) appearance. There is some semblance of global rule. A series of laws (including the one that stripped women of all their rights) have been passed in the name of "The Republic". This shady organization is based in what used to be the UN building in NYC. Their laws are more or less upheld by all of the cities around the world, even though the true power in each metropolis lays with the Mayor. Those men rule their domain like the Kings of times gone past.

If you are interested in joining, please submit a CS in here, or if you prefer in PM.
If you are applying for the role of my character's master, please PM me the CS first.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] (hunter or prey)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (pictures and artwork are appreciated but not mandatory)

Confirmed cast members:

Hunters
Jack Spence - Napanee
Lorelei - RedEve
James Ciccone – Arkane

Prey
Elizabeth - Karlissa
Kasia - Lady Morgana
Charmane - Eliza
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

AurelieCatena

WOW!!!!

I love this idea! I'll make a prey character but not before Monday.

Karlissa

I was thinking of something similar but was too shy to post it up, so very happy to see this idea. Please sign me up as one of the prey, I will get my character details ready over the weekend :)

AurelieCatena

I thought I could be member (or leader) of a group of rebellious women, who try to resist the hunters and have even succeeded in ambushing and killing some of them. Of course those were all NPC...

Would there be other Preys to come with me?

RedEve

That is fine AurelieCatena. Just as long as you make it realistic. The hunters are well-armed and have satellites to track the women's movements, Gyros to attack them from the air and move around quickly and an assortment of modern weapons and traps. The women are limited to the things they can find and craft in the wastelands. Think custom made spears, salvaged old rusty axes, perhaps a single fire-arm with a handful of remaining bullets. You get the picture.

But I'm sure some of the male players would enjoy capturing and breaking the leader of a small group of woman warriors. ;)

AurelieCatena

Yes, that was what I had in mind.

The odds are heavily biased towards the hunters. But that may render some of them over-confident.

The rebels will probably have to live in rat holes or in deep forests to evade detection. A hard life... But still a paradise compared to what will happen once they get captured.

They have one advantage: the hunters want them alive, although they do not have such self-limitations.

RedEve

The hunters will preferably capture the women alive, yes. But if they consider them a threat they will not hesitate to kill them.

I'm okay with the prey fighting back just as long as everyone realizes how badly the odds are stacked against them. Their main tactic will be to avoid detection.

AurelieCatena

Yes, my point was not to reverse the roles but to play a rougher girl, one who will only surrender once cornered and beaten to near death...

;-)

Karlissa

Quote from: AurelieCatena on June 24, 2011, 02:43:30 PM
Would there be other Preys to come with me?

I can create a character that is part of her merry band of women if you would like :)

Aurora Wayland

Sounds interesting. Count me in. I wont be able to make a sheet till later tonight or monday morning.

RedEve

That's okay, this game won't start anyway until somewhere (likely late) next week at the earliest.

Aurora Wayland

Name: Gabriel Tarsk

Role: Hunter

Bio: Gabriel has been in trouble with the law since he was nine years old. Growing up on the streets alone did much to harden his personality. NYC was relentless and cruel and when Gabriel finally was arrested for the last time they sentenced him to 7 years of 'Public' Service. This meant a more 'militaristic' lifestyle.

After his time was served he took up a job hunting free women for a rich and mysterious man. He is often given a list of attributes to look for in women. Mr. X, as his employer liked to be called, had very specific taste. once supplied gabrielf would leave for the expedition to fulfill the quota of "Mr. X".

Appearance:

RedEve

Actually Aurora, the rich men wouldn't let someone else take the pleasure of the hunt. It's part of the appeal for them. I have no objections to your character having a criminal background, but perhaps he has made his fortune in crime and is now hunting for himself?

Snow Cherry

I can't help myself....   *pounces onto the thread*   ... I wanna play!

I would love to play a woman in the Free Zone who is a member of AurelieCatena's band.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AlexStone

I don't quite have time for a full bio right now, but I can see this being rather fun.

Napanee

Name: Jack Spence

Bio: After 'the fall', Jack made his money providing people with the things they needed - even if they currently belonged to other people. He rose to be the most influential man in what remained of the London (UK) dome. He has basic military training from many years ago so finds hunting a good outlet to relieve his stress. Not a vindictive man, he likes to win and he likes to be obeyed. Best him, or disobey him and he is quick to anger.

Appearance:

(Hi Eve, Is it OK if I just jump in with a character ?)

RedEve

Sure! Though we likely won't start until some time late next week, depending on how quickly we fill all the player slots.

RedEve

Name: Lorelei
Role: Personal slave to one of the hunters, has been trained in tracking and assisting in the hunt.
Bio: Lorelei was born straight into the captivity of London’s slave market. The slave trainers raised and taught the girls to fill a variety of roles and tasks. Depending on their future owner’s wishes, their virginity was kept intact. Lorelei had been trained to hunt and track. Little did she know that the main prey she would be hunting were other women. On the day she turned 18 she finally met her owner: Jack Spence, a man who struck fear in the hearts of even the most hardened individuals of the London underground. She has served him on his every whim since then and has accompanied him on several hunts all over the world.

Lady Morgana

I'd love to play one of the prey.

I think that she'd not be part from the main group of women, but possibly interacting with them from time-to-time.

I can put together a character sheet later today

Karlissa

Name: Elizabeth, Lizzie or Beth for short.
Role: Prey
Bio: Elizabeth was born as the result of a rape, her mother was caught by a hunting party and while she was freed by the group she ran with, the damage had already been done; she carried his child inside her. Despite the reason for her conception, she was loved all the same by her mother and was raised in the free zones within a group of women who looked after each other. It was a hard life, and they moved often to avoid the hunters that came looking for them. It was one of those hunting parties that caught and killed her mother when she was 15. Elizabeth survived, and continued to travel with that group until she came of age. It was then that she met AurelieCatena's character (will update when character sheet is up), and she has been running with her since she was 18.

Elizabeth is a quirky woman with a warm heart, and a knack for tending to injuries. Born amongst the free women it came naturally for her to learn various languages, although her own accent is more akin to British as that is where she has spent most of her youth. She is very protective of her group and considers them family. She is not as well skilled in fighting as her sisters, and she makes up for that with her talents in medicine and technology.

Appearance:

Elizabeth has been told that she looks like her mother, however, her flaming red hair is from her father's genes. It also makes her big target, so she often keeps it braided to limit it from giving her away so easily.

Lady Morgana

Name:   Kasia (Kassie).
Role:     Prey
Bio: When little more than an infant Kasia’s father sent her, her mother and sister away to hide in the wilderness rather than allow his them become victims of the new regime. Kasia was raised by her mother and older sister in the freezone, running and hiding from the hunters.  Her Mother died of pneumonia almost 15 years ago and her sister provided and cared for her until captured by the hunters when Kasia was 19 (It may be interesting if her sister turned up as a slave). Kasia now survives on her wits and instincts and although she has frequent contact with the resistance group, she is a solitary creature and prefers to remain on her own, a shadow that haunts the edges of the new world.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Arkane

I'm interested to apply for this hunt

Name:
Captain Arkane
Role:
hunter
Bio:
Captain Arkane likes to present himself as a veteran of the seas, dressing like an old merchant navy officer, smoking a pipe, cursing and drinking beer. Probably most of this image is a charade. He likes to be seen as a merry, cheerful, harmless old man, but he's cruel and likes to manipulate other' people lives to his personal gain.
So, now he wants to capture some preys to train them on his cargo ship, and sell them for a high price in a far away port as slaves.
Appearance:

Sarah Morgan

Count me in on this too.  I don't have a specific idea for a character yet, other than to be prey, but I'll think up an idea for a character in the next couple of days or so.  Good thing for me we're not starting until next week!

TheHangedOne

I think I'm going to bow out of this. Sorry, everyone.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RedEve

Sorry to hear that HangedMan.

Arkane your character doesn't exactly fit into the concept I had in mind for this roleplay. A faux captain is a bit too far-fetched and will likely be more of a distraction.

Arkane

Quote from: RedEve on June 26, 2011, 07:22:24 AM
Arkane your character doesn't exactly fit into the concept I had in mind for this roleplay. A faux captain is a bit too far-fetched and will likely be more of a distraction.

Ok. I won't make a fuss about it.
May I propose another character?

Name:
James Ciccone
Role:
hunter
Bio:
Militia 'Colonel' Ciccone has built his career running a smooth operation near the place where the hunt is going to start. He's the guardian of law and order to those who can pay for his men' services, but if you have the right connections Ciccone will find everything for you: drugs, weapons and any rare merchandise. Sure he's not the only one to run rackets and black market, and he sure has some enemies... but he's too important for the balance of power in this shattered world, so he feels reasonably safe.
Still, Ciccone likes to give vent to his stress: hunting and hurting helpless creatures is one of his preferred pastimes.

Appearance:
Ciccone likes to dress in military garb. He's always well armed and equipped, and quite strong and agile for his bulk and age.

abandoneddolly

oh this sounds interesting. I'll come up with a character sometime tonight

RedEve

Could everyone who is interested in joining up yet hasn't submitted a CS yet do so ASAP? Thanks! :)

AurelieCatena

Ooops!

I really want to play this game as it is so close to my very tastes. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacations in one week and that would be unfair to start a game right now, in particular if I was to play the leader of a rebel group.

I hope this game is going to thrive and that, when I come back, I'll be able to join it. Surely, there will always be a need for fresh meat.

Napanee

Hi Aurelie,

That's such a coincidence. I'm off myself for a week starting on Friday. I can maybe reply to PMs, but won't be able to post up long posts I don't think. I mentioned it to Eve earlier in the week - I even drafted up a long intro post for use if the game started and I wasn't here.

I'm not sure how Eve would like to take it from here. I'm most certainly still interested in playing for sure......

N

RedEve

Well if two of our players are already going to miss the beginning of the game, it might be best to postpone the start a bit.

When will you both be ready to participate again?

Napanee

I should be back in the saddle on the evening of the 9th July......

AurelieCatena

Quote from: RedEve on June 29, 2011, 08:02:17 AMWhen will you both be ready to participate again?

I'll be back the second week of August... Please don't wait on me if you have enough players to start the game.

Napanee

Quote from: AurelieCatena on June 29, 2011, 09:03:07 AM
I'll be back the second week of August... Please don't wait on me if you have enough players to start the game.

August ? August ? Do you need anyone to carry your bags ?

RedEve

Well I guess we can wait a week and a half for Napanee. Since I was only going to start the game some time this weekend, that's really just a one-week delay.

Arkane

Quote from: AurelieCatena on June 29, 2011, 09:03:07 AM
I'll be back the second week of August...

Guess you'll be thoroughly suntanned by then
Have a good trip...

Eliza

Name: Charmane (last name unknown)
Bio: Orphaned around a young age, Charmane chose to become mute due to her witnessing her father, a leader of a rebel force, being killed in cold blood, as well as her mother, who told her to stay in the hiding place while she was raped and eventually murdered before her daughter's eyes.

Physically, she is fast, agile, not to mention silent. She was used as a scout that specialized in woody terrain, which she used the canopies of trees as her hiding place. She employs herself as a regular scout that monitors the woodland perimeter of the free zone called Eden, a relatively untouched wilderness that used to be Central Park. Above ground, Eden was a clearing in a grassland, but below ground was a vast network of tunnel dug by the inhabitants, Charmane included.

Mute, she is unable to talk. Charmane chooses to stay silent and blend in with her surroundings rather than make unnecessary sounds. If she wanted to speak, she would use a broken form of sign language and hand signals to communicate.
Appearance:

RedEve

We have six confirmed characters so far, still plenty of room for more.

My aim is to start this game some time this weekend.

Dashenka

It sounds amazingly interesting except I would want to play a female and thus feel Im quite limited to being a prey and I get the feeling the prey are more plentifull than the hunters at the moment.

Would that be a problem?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

RedEve

Are you applying to be a female prey? Or a female hunter? There aren't any real female hunters. My character is a slave herself who has been trained to assist her master on the hunt.

Dashenka

Yes so I have to be a female slave (which is perfectly fine by me) but I get the feeling there are too much slaves at the moment?

RedEve

There are no slaves besides Lorelei. All the other female characters are potential prey living in the Free Zone.

Dashenka

I dont mind playing either.. which do you prefer me to play? :)  Meiske van België..

RedEve

Quote from: Dashenka on July 05, 2011, 01:40:26 PM
I dont mind playing either.. which do you prefer me to play? :)  Meiske van België..

Well preferably one of the prey for the hunt.

Dashenka

Name: Julia Chamberlain
Bio: Julia was born and raised in the outlands wilderness. Her parents died of young age, but thought her a few things about life out here. One of the things she learned was to stay in the forests as much as she could and only go into the open if the opportunity was worth the risk. After living in the wilderness for 25 years she knows how to live from the forest and how to hide in the forest. What she doesn't know is any social skills. She knows how to speak but being alone for a few years does things to a girl her age. Add to that the fact that her parents insisted never to trust any other human being, had kept Julia secluded into her forest for years and years.

Although not a fighter, Julia's atlethic skills, stealth and speed through the undergrowth makes her a worthy prey for any hunter, who, should they finally catch her would struggle to remove the few rags she is wearing unless they keep her sedated. This is one kitten to handle with care.

Appearance:

Napanee

Dukat

I would be interested in playing, if there is still room for a hunter.

If so...

Name: Nathan Bains
Bio: Nate just goes to show that even in this twisted world, there are still rags to riches success stories. Coming from an extremely impoverished family, he never had a proper education, although he quickly showed a knack for grifting, scavenging, and acquiring practical knowledge. Although such skills were mandatory for survival in the slums, he was a downright prodigy. When he reached adulthood, he applied his talents to hunting for lost technology and equipment to the Free Zones, steadily building up the money from successful finds to hire fellow hunters and purchase more sophisticated assets for his burgeoning firm. After several big hauls that came at a dizzying speed, he was fabulously wealthy before hitting thirty. In all likelihood, he has more knowledge about the equipment used for 'hunting' than many of his peers, having used it for years in furtherance of his enterprise. Nate has come on this trip not so much for his own recreation as to make contacts, keep up appearances with his colleagues, and personally scout for opportunities for salvage. The other bits are just a fortunate perk.
Appearance:

RedEve

Quote from: napanee on July 09, 2011, 08:48:29 PM
I'm back. Did this start yet ?

No. :)

I will be creating the IC and OOC threads shortly. :)

RedEve

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112923
OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112924.msg4907464

Please move all future discussion, questions, expressions of interests, ... to the OOC thread. Thanks!

RedEve

Dukat, your character is approved.

Dashenka, please finish a bio so I can properly appraise your character design.

Dashenka

Updated her bio...

RedEve

I see your character isn't attached to any group. That is fine, though it will probably make her ordeal all the much harder.  :P

Character approved, feel free to move it into the CS thread.

kaz

Name: Katie Malloy
Bio: Katie is an escaped slave.  She was born in captivity, her mother a slave, her father the man who owned her mother.  She was bought up to fear men, but inside she grew to hate them.  She was 23 when she was sold to another, during the transfer she managed to escape.  She made her way to the forests that no man rules. 

Life is hard, she is not part of any group and tries to keep to the trees as much as possible.  She hides out during the hunts, hating the fact that women are seen as sport.  She has not had sex in many years and intends to keep it that way.  She is fast and agile, a great climber and knows how to hide and keep out of the sight of those who would capture her.  She has fashioned some tools from the forest, spears with sharp flint tips, a knife that she made from a piece of flint tied to a wooden handle. 

Katie is a very capable woman.  But she knows that one day her time will run out.

Appearance:
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

RedEve

Character approved Kaz. Glad to see you joined up. :)

Feel free to move your CS to the CS thread.

Iniquitous

Name: Yasmin O'Malley

Bio:
The story had been told to her more times than she could count - how one day, the world went insane and men suddenly decided that women were nothing more than slaves, to be treated however an owner wanted to treat them. How women suddenly lost all rights. How her own mother had fled from her husband in order to keep from becoming a slave while pregnant with her.

Life had certainly not been easy. The first ten years of her life was spent living with other women, her mother thinking it would be easier to raise her child with other women around. But her tenth year, her mother decided safety was not in numbers - a decision that had mother and child setting off to survive on their own. After that, life grew more difficult but they managed to avoid the hunters for seven more years with only occasional forays into areas where groups of women lived to try and trade for items.

But in her seventeenth year, only mistake cost Yasmin her mother - a hunter catching the older woman while Yasmin was out hunting for food. The loss of her mother left Yasmin alone, all the lessons taught to her keeping her alive and relatively safe despite the hunters.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

RedEve

Quote from: Koi on July 10, 2011, 01:53:56 PM

Bio:
What woman in her right mind would willingly leave a free zone and make their life one constant game of hide and seek? Yasmin would - did in fact. Born within a free zone on the "wrong side of the tracks", Yasmin was raised under the label 'troublemaker' before she had learned how to tie her own shoes. It didn't take her long to learn that it was easier to live up to the label than it was to change it. By the time she was fourteen, she had a rap sheet as long as her arm - everything from vandalism to aggravated assault - and seemed to have no intentions of becoming a model citizen. Her mother, a on/off drug addict, had no control over her child and seemed to have no care for what her daughter was doing - a fact that had Yasmin moving out of the dump they lived in by the time she was seventeen to live with a guy from the local 'gang'. It was that move which brought about the decision to flee the free zone two years later when a robbery on one of the affluent neighborhoods went horribly wrong.

Fiercely independent, Yasmin has spent her life relying on street smarts to stay alive - a trait that has kept her alive and well hidden from the hunters.
Your CS is in need of some editing Koi.

There is no law in the free zone other than the rules by which the few tribes of "free women" live by. There are also no narcotics to speak off. Women survive courtesy of their wits by using old salvaged tools to build shelter, hunt animals and grow some crops. The free zone itself has become dilapidated. Very few structures still stand, the roads have gone into serious disarray. Most of the women stay away from the old towns and villages anyway. Only the forests and caves can give them some shelter from the Gyros so that is where most of the groups have set up camp.

Your character design is based upon an idea of the free zone that is still too much like a regular society.

You should also know that any woman who willingly goes to one of the cities will simply be processed as a slave and sold to the highest bidder. She would have no choice in what man she would end up with.

RedEve

Quote from: Koi on July 10, 2011, 01:53:56 PM

Bio:
The story had been told to her more times than she could count - how one day, the world went insane and men suddenly decided that women were nothing more than slaves, to be treated however an owner wanted to treat them. How women suddenly lost all rights. How her own mother had fled from her husband in order to keep from becoming a slave while pregnant with her.

Life had certainly not been easy. The first ten years of her life was spent living with other women, her mother thinking it would be easier to raise her child with other women around. But her tenth year, her mother decided safety was not in numbers - a decision that had mother and child setting off to survive on their own. After that, life grew more difficult but they managed to avoid the hunters for seven more years with only occasional forays into areas where groups of women lived to try and trade for items.

But in her seventeenth year, only mistake cost Yasmin her mother - a hunter catching the older woman while Yasmin was out hunting for food. The loss of her mother left Yasmin alone, all the lessons taught to her keeping her alive and relatively safe despite the hunters.
Approved! Please move the CS into the character sheet thread. :)

Jarod1

I'd love to play a character in this Red, I'm not sure what kind yet, but I'll come up with something in the next day or so if thats alright.

RedEve

Quote from: Jarod1 on July 10, 2011, 10:53:58 PM
I'd love to play a character in this Red, I'm not sure what kind yet, but I'll come up with something in the next day or so if thats alright.

That's fine, we only just got started so there is still room for more players.

AurelieCatena

I'm back. Ready to create a character and join the fun.

Is this game running? On hold? Abandoned?