Star Wars FFG: The Old Republic (Recruitment)

Started by Angie, October 17, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 25, 2017, 02:43:13 PM
do I need to send you the same sheet that was already posted?

That would be recommended. It's just so I have them all in one place, so looking them over is easier, you see.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ShadowFox89

Pity this game has so much interest, I would have loved to send an application in.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angie

Technically you have until tomorrow. But i also encourage those interested to make their own, because if nothing else it is a fun system.

Angie

Alright, recruiting is closed. Sending messages out to the lucky ones who got in.

Angie

After losing several players, recruitment is re-open if people are still interested.

Muse

*Waves* 

Hey, Angie, what post rate are you shooting for?  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

Quote from: Muse on November 27, 2017, 01:02:55 PM
*Waves* 

Hey, Angie, what post rate are you shooting for?  :) 

This is a question I have never answered with anything other then "just please post". As long as people can check into the OOC and say "hey, I'll do a post when I get the time, I'm still alive", that's great.

clonkertink

I’d originally wanted to apply for this game, but real life ended up distracting me from rolling a character. Are there any particular gaps in the party right now? I tend to play pilot-y types, but I’ve been thinking an Arbiter could be fun.

Angie

We have two people. We do have a guy that kind of does the piloting, but as for gaps, we are incredibly open.

Captain Whitebread

He drives.  He doesn't pilot.  Don't put Ilar'Ven in a starship cockpit.  He'd kill you all.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

clonkertink

Oooh. I might just go Starfighter Ace, then. I'll have a character sheet up shortly.

Hexed

Sorry ta hear you lost 'em Angie. If I can dig her up I'll proffer up bad trade again!

clonkertink

Ada Renari

(The backstory feels a little sparse right now, but I really wanted to kick out this character sheet. I think, really, Ada is just looking to attach herself to the first group of crazies who look like they're on an adventure.)

Ada signed on with the Republic Starfighter Corps because she wanted a life of excitement and daring-do. Instead, she ended up running routine patrols on some backwater planet in the middle of nowhere. She served her tour, mustered out, and set off in search of something that might keep her on her toes.

She's done odd jobs here and there, hiring on as a pilot with various crews, but what she really wants is a ship that's all her own. Something she can really push to the limits. Unfortunately, Ada doesn't have a good head for finance, and has found herself broke and stranded on Nar Shaddaa. She's been forced to take a few smuggling runs for the Hutts, and while she doesn't mind dangerous work, she's starting to feel the walls closing in. She gets the feeling that sooner or later someone's going to shoot her in the back, and she's much rather steal a ship and run before that happens. She doesn't mind being shot at. She'd just rather be in the cockpit when it happens.

Angie

I don't recall where Starfighter Ace is, but, is it from a Career that gives you a Force Rating? Because if it doesn't, go back and get one that does. I didn't end up putting it in the OP, but I ended up wanting everyone to be Sensitive.

clonkertink

Yup. Starfighter Ace is a Warrior Spec. But thanks. I did forget to put my force rating on the sheet.

I figure at this point Ada’s utterly oblivious to her Force sensitivity. She’s just got an intuitive knack for these things.

Angie

In that case, clonkertink, you're welcomed in! Feel free to post character in the character thread, though IC thread, well, we're in the middle of a fight so, that might take a bit.

clonkertink

No worries, Angie. Just throw me in wherever you need me.

Hexed

Found it! I think.  Also... where do you all find those wonderful sheets? or are they just the files from the game books edited somehow?

Shenolethonela

Name: Shenolethonela  "Badtrade" "Shen"
Cultural Background: The Poor and Hungry
Experiencing the Force: Pragmatic Power
Heeding the Call: Ultimate Abilities
Morality: 50   (+5xp & 1,000 credits option)
Emotional Strength: Enthusiasm
Emotional Weakness: Recklessness
Motivation: Ambition
Species: Squib
Brawn: 4    Wound Threshold:   13
Agility: 3
Intellect:   2
Cunning:   2
Willpower: 2      Strain Threshold:   13
Presence: 2
Starting XP: 105   (100 for species +5 for Morality)   
Force Rating:   1
Soak: 4 (5 with armor)

Career:Guardian
Specialization:Armorer

Skills:
Resilience 2 (Career+specialization)
Vigilance 1 (Career)
Mechanics 1 (Specialization)
Brawl 1 (Career)
Negotiation 1 (racial)

Force Power:
Enhance Basic Power; Force roll to enhance Athletics checks.

Talents
Gearhead: Remove 1 (black square) from mechanics checks. Credit cost of adding mods to attachments decresed by 50%

EXP Track 105xp total
90 xp to increase brawn from 1 to 4
10 xp for Enhance Basic Power
5 xp for Gearhead talent

Gear:
Credits 100
Encumbrance 7/12
Weapons;
Shock Gloves (300cred); Brawl, +0 dmg, crit 5, HP 1, Stun +3

Armor:
Pit Crew Coveralls (150 cred), Soak 1, HP 1, Increase Encumbrance threshold by 1, Reduce dmg from fire/burn quality by 1.

Other;
Mk. III Modular Backpack (75 cred) Increase Encumbrance Threshold by 2
Fusion Cutter (175 creds)
Tool Kit (350cred)
Scanner Goggles (150cred) See in dark normally
Handheld Comlink (25 cred)
Ration Pack qt 5 (25 cred)
Water Purifier (50 cred)
Stimpack qt 4 (100 cred)

Description: https://static1.e621.net/data/93/36/9336e074f4c1d8a43037b0877fda9ee9.png
A small Squib barely over three feet in height. Wildly grown black fur  tops her head while the soft fur covering her body is a dark blue save for the strip of white that runs from her muzzle down her throat and across her chest before stretching along to her knees. Bordering the white patches are ragged strips of brown with a frayed edging. Large eyes of a bright blue hue lay within white, masklike circles while the ivory fangs within her muzzle are hard to miss. Her ears are long and fluffy, the pointed tips stretching up up above her head. Her build is slender, the fuzzy fur coating her softening the athletic tone to her body.

3'1, 50lbs

Background:
Born on Skor II to a family of wandering traders she was a fairly normal fuzzling, energetic, always collecting things to trade, and always attempting to haggle. Much to her families dismay she was not very good at the last bit as her ideas on what was and wasn't valuable was off, after all who in their right mind would trade a working droid for rocks that 'felt nice". Fuzzlings being Fuzzlings it didn't take long before her odd idea of value earned her the rather nasty nickname of Badtrade, a rather insulting if true title. When even non-family Squib began using that nickname she knew something must be done! It took her some work but she snuck onto a freighter and slipped into space seeking a Great Deal to prove herself. Not the brightest of ideas given that her path led her to Nar Shadar. At first her small size and surprising strength kept her safe but eventually she fell in with some troublemakers. She ran with them for years, her somewhat limited skill with salvage and her ability to hold her own in a fight meaning she didn't need to do anything to bad to keep her place in the growing gang within the cities underbelly. This lasted till she found a strange device of metal and crystal during one of her scavenge runs. The Holocron, as it claimed to be was trapped in such a way she couldn't even start figuring out but still activated and talked with her whenever she was around. The device told her tales of power and fortune, the force and those that wield it, things to inflame her mind and set her to trembling in desire. The stories set her to wanting MORE then what she had. They showed her ways she could rise above the gang and show all the other Squibs that she wasn't a Maker of Bad Trades. She listened and learned in between making credits and finding things only for one day the Holocron to be missing when she slipped down for more lessons. While she raged that day once she calmed down she took it as a sign it was time to stop listening and do something. So she slipped back into her group's gathering place to pack her things and left without even looking back.

Personality: Hyper and chatty like most of her species however she's not bluffing when it comes to combat. She's fairly aggressive in most things and is willing to go to great lengths to aquire whatever has caught her attention. While she haggles as much as any Squib what she thinks are worth credits varies far more then most, after all who would consider two thousand credits a good price for a simple river stone.

Angie

Shen should be good. Well, with that couple of pickups, I think we'll be good to go for later on, especially because we had a surprise return!

BlackStone

Still looking for replacement players Angie?