[Shadowlight] D&D 5E Twin Campaigns - Opposing Parties - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, January 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmone else

Quote from: Wispyr on January 31, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
Back in my 3.x hayday, my table was 13 players big for years. So this is only a bit bigger than that, but again not all at once.

What god did you offend that they would punish you so?  :P

A second group of black hats sounds nice, predicated on it not burning out the GM; I feel like it might be better to go with fewer players rather than risk burning out since PbP games can be tough, but I also voted for another group so what do I know. If you think you can handle it then go for it though.

Wispyr

You are all being so quick to respond to PMs! O_O

I appreciate it, I really do. I just apologize if I'm slow getting back to you. There are 20 of you, and only 1 one me! And CS submission is always the hardest part. So bear with me, I'm working through them as quickly as I can I promise.

ZameRagues

I can only assume we're all excited. Just take your time and work through it all.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Hobbes1266

Wispyr

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on February 01, 2017, 02:55:49 AM
Fun fact: the hype is real.
The hype is real. So much excitement for this - which is the best feeling ever.

Zaer Darkwail

Game which is strongly hyped for has promising future ;). Anyways I am okay with third group being black hats (more black hat concepts and makes sense black hats vs black hat conflict could occur). I myself run multiple group games here on E same time and one is super crazy and other a sandbox and third a more traditional one (but bit special as well as players play as dragons).

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on February 01, 2017, 02:47:35 AM

I appreciate it, I really do. I just apologize if I'm slow getting back to you. There are 20 of you, and only 1 one me! And CS submission is always the hardest part. So bear with me, I'm working through them as quickly as I can I promise.

Silly sleep.  Just woke up, gave you one of the two replies.  I have to NOT follow your lead, and skip working during work to get you the rest.

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 01, 2017, 05:18:44 AM
Silly sleep.  Just woke up, gave you one of the two replies.  I have to NOT follow your lead, and skip working during work to get you the rest.
Work is a trap. Don't do it! They'll suck you in! Want you to do it all the time. Like... 30..40 hours a week at least! It's awful!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on February 01, 2017, 05:36:12 AM
Work is a trap. Don't do it! They'll suck you in! Want you to do it all the time. Like... 30..40 hours a week at least! It's awful!

Dude, I'm on 45 at least, and have been since last November.

Wispyr

I feel like #Paychecks is appropriate. That's unfortunate. Screw that noise man. ><

Wispyr

PM List
Rummy Tum Tum
green knight
shmone else
Dominique
Arcannyx
Blythe
ZameRagues
Daeli
Phaia
Kathyan
CeruleanSerenity
EndofDivine
AribethAmkiir
Zaer Darkwail
Countdown0
MiraMirror
Hobbes1266
RedPhoenix

Trying to hit everyone who hasn't gotten at least one reply back yet first.

Wispyr

Alright. To sleep with me. More of this tomorrow. Aribeth I was going to reply to yours tonight, but then I read your names section and went... Oh this is gonna be a big one, and I just knew that I didn't have enough brain for it tonight. xD

The concepts that are in are all really fantastic. I'm excited to get to the point where we can start sharing some of them. Thank you, again, everyone for your enthusiasm, and patience, and general eagerness.

Kathyan

Quote from: Wispyr on February 01, 2017, 02:47:35 AM

20 of us?, soooo 4 groups?  ;D

Anyway I think the idea of a third group is great, as long as you can handle it of course ;)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Since Wispyr is asleep, can someone give me a quick breakdown on Multi-Class with the proficiencies?

Specifically, Skills.  Works out that Paladin/Warlock have the same saves, but for Skills... do I get two from each?  Or do I never get new skills after the first level?

Zaer Darkwail

Only multiclass cases where you get skills are with rogue, bard and ranger. So if start figther and multiclass to warlock, you do not gain new skill profiency. You can train tool profincies with gold (and language as well).

Cataclysmic Archangel

Thanks.  That was the only part I couldn't figure out, because the MC page basically said 'you get everything except what's listed below'.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, you do not gain skill profiency so easily (I think rogue gives 2 skills and bard and ranger 1). You do get armor/weapon profiency of given class though.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 01, 2017, 08:16:22 AM
You do get armor/weapon profiency of given class though.

Not entirely, though.  Looks like if you multiclass into a heavy armor class, you only get medium.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Yeah... the downside of building to the background, and not the crunch... it's costing me some armor proficiencies and HP because I'm starting with Warlock and moving into Paladin.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you were send out as outcaste from commuity being warlock, then you could had 'trained' to be paladin and thus be 1st leve in that but then your lineage/bloodline was discovered and then you were thrown out.

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

greenknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 01, 2017, 07:40:56 AM
Only multiclass cases where you get skills are with rogue, bard and ranger. So if start figther and multiclass to warlock, you do not gain new skill profiency. You can train tool profincies with gold (and language as well).
It also costs time to learn tool and language proficiencies, to the tune of 250 downtime days (days when you don't adventure). The gold is incidental to keeping food in your belly and a roof over your head during that time. The biggest limiter is the DM's allowance of the time.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 01, 2017, 12:42:28 PM
Well, if you were send out as outcaste from commuity being warlock, then you could had 'trained' to be paladin and thus be 1st leve in that but then your lineage/bloodline was discovered and then you were thrown out.

It's SOoooo much more complicated than that.

Quote from: greenknight on February 01, 2017, 02:43:00 PM
It also costs time to learn tool and language proficiencies, to the tune of 250 downtime days (days when you don't adventure).

Luckily I have more skills than I can ever want.  I just went chronologically, and that cost me proficencies/hp.  I have more languages than I expected, too.

Phaia

Dominique