Ancient Awakenings. A story by Japanese Dane and Alouette

Started by Alouette, July 17, 2012, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alouette

The streets glistened like an  beacon, almost as if they were trying to call to unseen forces, street lamps and headlights reflected off of the asphalted wet surface that the passing street cleaner would leave behind. Up and down the cities passageways it ran,clearing away all evidence the days activity while in other parts of the city more filth was stirring around causing sirens to sound out in an already eerie setting. This was the way it was each night, now and again you would hear the shouts of an inebriated couple or maybe a rambunctious group of men or women out for a night on the town but otherwise, the  sounds, sights and smells were all the same. New Orleans had made a startling recovery after its disaster, it still had further to go to reach its former glory but it was well on its way.

In a three story building, down one of New Orleans many sparingly populated streets, there was a window  on the second story that stood open, the curtain from inside were fluttering as the muggy breeze blew in to stir the air that surrounded to girl that lay inside. Elizabeth lay in her studio vintage apartment, nestled beneath the sheet, shifting around uncomfortably. The tick of the clock on the wall competed with the sound of the small fan blades that whirled on her nightstand blowing towards her face. The fair skinned girl shifted once more, in fact she had such fair white skin the blue veins that carried blood through her body could be seen just under her skin,  raven black hair that adorned her head made for a stunning contract during the day, not to mention eyes so blue they could rival any tropical water in color.  As the clock drew nearer to midnight she began to writhe more and just when the bell of that time piece began to sing its midnight song Elizabeth's eyes flew open, her hands reached to grab her throat and at the same time she sat straight up in bed.  Seconds passed as she sat there, her pulse was racing, she had broken out into a light sweat, her eyes darted left then right as she looked around in the darkness, she could have sworn that she heard someone, like they were taking a wheezing breath. When she found no evidence of anyone in the room with her, her mind began to form other logic's, perhaps it was just a dream or maybe she had been snoring and got choked and had woken herself up that way. Still, no matter how logical anything else sounded, she was unable to completely shake the feeling that something about her had changed, yes it was her birthday officially and she was twenty one today..but something felt different, she just didn't know what it was.

Alouette  
The little lark that could

Wajin

Alhemed Tarquil had entered her room the moment his former Mistress had died, he had been watching over her for hours now and he was tired of waiting. He shook of the invisibility spell he had put around him, he looked at the human, the feeble little girl whom he was now bound to, he held a ring in his hand, his seal, the seal binding him. He despaired as he remembered he was bound to hand it over. He was tall, taller than most humans. He had this time chosen to have long silvery hair, having taken a liking to a character he had seen on an advertisement board. His eyes were red as blood and if a human gazed too long into them, their soul would be his to devour. He was the most handsome of Lucifer's children, or so he had been told, yet he had no real form, none that others could see anyway. His skin was ash grey, and he wore a simple butlers outfit. He looked at the girl again before lifting his foot and slamming it into one of the legs of her bed, making the bed tip to the side, and sending the girl rolling onto the floor.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Alouette

Hardly had timeto fully register the events taking place, she had barely started to calm down from waking with such a start when out of no where, he came, there was just no time to make sense of it. Just as she started to scream at the sight of him she was flipped out of her bed landing with a rather solid thud. When she landed, almost immediately she started trying to get up to run, either to get to a door or the open window but somewhere in the midst of all this the sheets had become wrapped around her limbs preventing her from doing much more than flop around like a fish out of water, when she tried to scream for help, to her dismay, her voice was gone, take from her in gut wrenching fear. There were news reports of things happening just like this on the television all the time, single girls, attacked in their homes, never did she think in her city, in her home..that she was vulnerable to such a thing, this was her haven yet, just inches away stood a person who radiated maliciousness as like the sun radiates with heat. Once the adrenaline began to wear off she found her limbs getting heavy and the fight was leaving her body, as that weakness washed over her, she found her voice and tried to say with as tough a tone as she could muster "Get out" but she might as well have just said hello nice to meet you for all the venom that was in her voice.
Alouette  

Wajin

He smirked with a satisfied look before tossing the ring down to her. He smiled as she fidgeted with the sheets trying to get out. He merely looked down at her, and took a dignified stand, holding his hands behind his back and his feet together "Please, put on the ring and I will help you up from the floor, you cannot touch me, and I cannot touch you before you do" his eyes ran over the room and sighed "Such a small, ugly place" he thought to himself, having accustomed himself to working in the family's mansion, doing whatever his Mistress had wished him to do. He looked at the scared girl and started to see many of the features of her mother on her "you look like your mother" He said simply "and her mother before her, and her mother before her"
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Alouette

Grew puzzled at his words, he was in prime position to strike yet he stood there talking to her as if this were a normal conversation. She wasn't sure if he was trying to lull her into a false sense of security or maybe he was on drugs...but he acted to well put together for that. She was having a conversation with herself, trying to reason out his behavior. Slowly now she pulled her limbs free of the materials tangle then glanced at the ring, she wondered what would happen if she just went along with this, would he let her live?. She reached out and picked up the ring and put it on her finger, it felt hot to the touch when it slid into place on her finger, it felt like it was tightening down making a snug fit, for a minute she looked down watching her hand, ok, this is crazy, there's a..well she didn't know if he was a killer or just a crazy person in her apartment and shes concerned about a piece of jewelry. A few quick blinks brought her out of her thoughts and she pushed herself up and looked at him with still wide scared eyes. "Ok..see I'm up..I have the ring on...and I swear..if you leave now..I won't call the cops" Her voice trembled but at least she could think clearly, now she had half a chance of making it out of this intact.
Alouette  

Wajin

He disappeared for a second in a puff of smoke and appeared right behind her, lifting her up with one arm, lifting the bed with another. He put her into it, holding the bed up with his hand even with her on it. He looked at the broken piece of metal that had been the leg before grabbing hold of it, moulding  the metal with his touch, making the leg anew. He looked at her awed expression. He walked bed from the bed and bowed, looking at her "I am Prince Alhemed Tarquil of the place your kind calls Hell, I have been serving your family for 1122 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes, 11 seconds." He said as if it was nothing "I am now here to serve you, in whatever capacity you want me to. Though be warned, that if you do anything that would upset my honour I will hurt you... badly" He said, his eyes flaring as he said it, his visage turning nauciating, the merely act of looking at him would repulse any normal being

Alouette

More color than anyone would have thought possible drained from her face as her eyes beheld such a sight, it was straight out a horror novel the way his face contorted and turned into something she couldn't have dreamed up on her worst day. Everything he said sounded like madness but the way in which he said it was so matter of fact, she was on the verge of believing him just because of how sure he was about it, but there is no way anything like this was possible...was it?she thought to herself then after a few seconds she looked at him and asked the only thing she could think to ask. "You're from..hell,  real in the bible hell and you're here to do what I tell you to do?  *she found that incredulous  and followed that with another question "Do you hear how crazy that sounds?" *this entire conversation felt wrong, she knew she was speaking English but she had become so overwhelmed with the activity and his words she wondered if she was going to just faint any time now.

(I need to make a run to the grocery store so I'll be back later to post more)
Alouette  

Wajin

He sighed and pushed two fingers against her forehead sending pictures of a barren, burning wastelands, treaded by a billion dead souls forever tasked with plowing the waste, the earth closing after the plow has been pulled through. He smiled as he withdrew his fingers "That is my domain, the Arvengian wasteland, the souls of your ancestors serve as overseers there" He withdrew from her walking to the wall, standing against it "Believe me now little girl? command me to do something, something easy" He said with a sly smile (I really have to go to bed, it's getting late here, I'll post first thing in t he morning)

Alouette

She tried to recoil from him before his touch found her but she didn't move fast enough, at once her senses were assaulted by a very real picture of something so horrible, it was unfathomable that such a place would exist. When he was done and walked away from her she sat in stunned silence, blinking a few times, this was definitely something very real, of this she could not deny, now came the time for acceptance and trying to understand. Her parents had never even hinted before that there was anything so sinister in the family...then it hit her, his words about her looking like her mother, that confused her because she didn't look like her mother or father very much, she used to think that was strange but after they told her she looked like an estranged cousin she stopped really wondering about things and just accepted she was different, but now here is this...now hes not a man..this being is and he seems like he knows more about her than she does herself.

"You said I looked like my mother but I have to wonder what makes you say that *she leaned over to the bedside table and picked up a picture of her parents and pointed to the woman in the picture*" I look nothing like her..so why did you say that?"
Alouette  

Wajin

He looked at her with a saddened look "That woman is not your mother... your mother was a beautiful woman. I hated every moment I served her, but I admit she was beautiful, even as she grew older, even as she died" He smiled a little, moving over to her again "I can take you to her mausoleum, she rests with the rest of your family" He sat down on her bed, looking down at his hands "I care not for your kind, nothing at all. But your grandmother was special, she was the first of your entire line to treat me as an equal... and I loved her... I loved her yet she married that man, and I was repulsed, and I hated your mother, I hated her for having her mothers love while I couldn't... And so I hate you for being her daughter"

Alouette

The blue in her eyes deepened, she actually scowled, that was insulting, he might as well have just slapped her. She stood up and walked across the room then whirled around glaring at him. "And you think that you showing up uninvited, treating me like a rag doll and virtually turning my life inside out destroying everything I've ever known with your words is suppose to endear yourself to me?" Her voice had risen in octaves the longer she had talked.
She paced around the room after her outburst pushing her hands through her hair muttering to herself, everything was lie..her whole life had been a lie, when she stopped she looked at him again, he was not on favorites list but for whatever reason she knew everything he said was the truth so she walked over to him and stood over him while he sat. "Take me there, I want to see..my mother and if you bring me back safely we will see what we can do to set you free..since I disgust you so much" That actually hurt to say, she wasn't sure why it bothered her that he felt that way but it did.
Alouette  

Wajin

He tapped her shoulder for a second and as she blinked they were standing in a gloomy chamber, scores of crystal coffins filling the room, preserving the women inside in frozen beauty. He pointed at a coffin "your mother, Evelyna" He said, walking over to another of the coffins where a tear fell down from his cheek as he stroked the coffin "I'll be with you soon" He whispered to himself, smiling at the woman inside, she was young, only in her mid 30's having died from a gunshot wound, her daughter having been only 13 when her mother died. 

Alouette

Reached out placing her hands on the one he said was her mothers coffin. She felt as if she were looking into a mirror, she was staring at herself the way she would look years from now. No tears fell because there was no  attachment to this person lying there, but there was a small hole forming filled with a kind of regret that she would never know her. After long moments of silence she left the crystal coffin to approach him. One look at his face and for an instant she felt something like sorrow for him, but the moment was fleeting, he did after all despise her. "Why if you hated her so much why wouldn't you just disappear after she was gone, help me to understand why you're here and tell me what we can do to set you free?..I don't want to see anyone..or anything in pain, not because of me.
Alouette  

Wajin

He merely smiled at her, looking down at her "Have a boy... simple as that, you must have a boy child... until then, I cannot leave you, no boy has been born to your line for it's entire history" He said with smile, he looked back at the coffin, stroking it again "I've been here for far too long" He looked down at the woman lying in the coffin "Her name was Bethany, she was kind, and she would have wanted to meet you" He said with a kind sounding voice "I miss her every moment of my life, she is in my castle in Hell, waiting for me to come to her, waiting to give me the love I was denied while she was alive" He smiled, and looked at the young woman "If you are really prepared to make an effort to break this curse, I will help you any way I can... but it will take a few years, a young woman like you shouldn't have kids, it is not decent" He said, looking at her "And if you so wish, you are free to move into your family's mansion, I have the paperwork ready for you"

Alouette

*Crossed her arms over her midsection, she was still in her boy shorts and spaghetti strapped sleep shirt with a faded Eeyore on the front, one shiver slid down her body, it was cool in this crypt, the fact she was in a crypt didn't seem to phase her at all.  Her eyes moved from one crystal coffin to another, so many of them and their beauty was other worldly. "Did my grandmother ever say that one of your powers was in how you could boggle a mind? One moment you announce you detest me for breathing, the next you are sounding like you are concerned for my decency. You almost sound..kind. I don't suppose that you and I can come to a sort of compromise, an agreement that we can both get the things we want to keep us each happiest?....Besides freedom...what else do you want? Oh and am I destined to automatically go to hell if I die?" The questions just kept pouring out, she felt like she had just been born and there was so much to learn about, from her family history to this demon in front of her, she hardly knew where to start.
Alouette  

Wajin

He smiled at her and laughed a little "you're more like your grandmother than your mother it seems. When she was four she locked me in a room and questioned me for hours about her family, your family. He tapped her shoulder again and they were standing in dimly lit study, walls covered in thick tomes "Please sit down" He said gesturing at the chair by the fireplace "I'll bring you some food, there's a blanket on the chair cushion if you're cold. I'll tell you all you want to know afterwards, but I need to make sure you stay alive first" He looked over at her "I know you have questions, but sit, try to relax for the time being, I need some time to think, how to say it in the best way possible" He walked out of the room and closed the door, summoning a little lesser demon to keep watch from the outside of the door, a little hovering blood red light ball

Alouette

It was going to take time to used to the way he traveled, there was no pain involved, only a little sickening of her stomach, in the matter of a blink he would have her in another place. When he left the room she looked around slowly, giving her eyes time to adjust to the lighting, the smell of leather and paper was heavy, she knew the tombs on the wall were rich with history, her fingers ached to touch them but at the same time the chair in the room looked so very inviting. There were no clocks on the wall so she had no idea what time it was, it had been midnight when the madness had started and a weariness that went beyond the physical body was starting to set in, her mind was tired from having so much to try and absorb in such a short time. The folded blanket was picked and unfolded some of the material brushed her nose in the process, an inhale was given, the scent was sweet and flowery...could this be her real mothers scent? Speaking of her real mother,  the thought of the conversation she was going to have with the woman she's called mom for all these years brought a feeling of dread, quickly accompanied with an  anger at being lied to for so long, they must have known everything but never told her, why was she even given up in the first place..so many questions so little answers. Tonight was going to be long, she imagined that the sun would be shining before she would actually let herself sleep again. Not that she was any good at it but she was determined to see that this demon in her life, was in someway made happy, she had seen evidence of a misery on his face when he stared at her grandmother. Her stomach tightened at the memory of that look, no matter what he was, he was capable of real feeling, he didn't deserve to have to live this way with such a pain, she was going to do her best to ease it, doubtful if she could fix it permanently but maybe she could lessen his burden. Thoughts ebbed and flowed while she sat there in that silence, only the crackling of the fireplace competed with the ringing in her ears, the longer she remained still the lower her lids became until at last her eyes closed.

The moment things became dark she found herself being hurled into a dream, in that dream she saw Alhemed, he was smiling, the warmth in that smile and the look in his eyes..it made her dream self's heart ache, he was watching a woman in a long cream colored lace gown as she strolled along a pond then he called to her "Come my Bethany, everything is just as you wished". Just as the woman turned to face him the dream ended, and Elizabeth startled awake, blinking rapidly..it had been so real, the sun, the breeze..This of course just added to the pool of questions she was going to have for the Prince when he returned.
Alouette  

Wajin

He returned carrying a tray with a silver pot on it, along with bowl of suit, some bread, a glass of water, a silver spoon and a tea cup "I hope it didn't take too long, your grandmother loved my tomato and chili soup" he said as he placed the tray in her lap, looking at the fire he raised his hand the embers lit up again as the wood suddenly started growing back "Let me pour this for you" He said very butlerish, pouring the tea for her, adding a little sugar along with some milk. He looked into her eyes "is something wrong? did something happen while I was gone?" he asked drawn to look at her eyes, his mind has conflicted, he felt care for her when she looked at him like that, her eyes so like her grandmothers "You... you saw me? in a drawn?" he asked, reading her mind carefully. He smiled softly, sitting down in a chair in front of her "it was your grandmothers 22nd birthday, I had spend most of the week preparing for the party she was hosting, but I had also prepared something special for her. A breakfast that she so dearly enjoyed, she had of course asked me to do it, but I went a little further that time" he looked down "it was the last day I ever got a kiss from her... She became engaged the day after... and she distanced herself from me. Never again did she allow me to help her dress or undress, or help her into bed..." He looked up at her "I hated that man, I hated him with all the power in my body and soul, and I know he disdained me too, because I never changed, I look youthful, and attractive even as he grew older"

Alouette

Her hands reached out for his tentatively, her touch was light. "please..stop..thank you for the effort into what you've fixed for me..but all of this is strange enough without you waiting on me hand a foot...if this is going to work, from now on you have to promise to let me do the human things for myself..I've been doing things for myself for a long time and having someone else take that over just leaves me a little unsettled. Now for the second thing, yes..I did nod off while you were away and caught only a glimpse, I wondered if it was real or not but I guess now I know" Her hands left him now, the delicate fingers of her right hand wrapped around the teacup  lifting it to her lips sipping gingerly. A small ting is heard when the teacup is replaced on the tray. There is a long pause, eventually a smile settles on her features, despite everything, she's relaxed. "I am learning about your affection for my grandmother...but would it be to sad or make you to angry to tell me why you hated my mother so much?..was she..cruel? That question left her with fear inside, she wanted the answer but at the same time she didn't for fear of what it may be.
Alouette  

Wajin

He looked at her and nodded "She was... but not directly, she just... didn't respect me, I gave her everything, yet... she never, ever even thanked me!" He said as he leaned back in his chair "She was an arrogant, selfish, horrible woman" he said "She lacked her mothers grace and charm, and she replaced it with hysteria and anger" He looked at her "When she was your age she hurled a knife at me because I had refused to kill a woman in the city near here who caught the fancy of a boy she liked" He continued and looked at her face "She lacked her mothers fair white skin, which you have inherited it seems" he smiled a little, he chuckled a little "as for what you asked of me before, I can't stop, this is what I've done for over a thousand years, I would get bored if I didn't put my skills to work for you"

Alouette

She groaned, it was as she had feared, maybe it was better that she was given up so that she wasn't raised with that. At least she had known love and kindness growing up, her adoptive parents had been good to her, their only crime is not telling her who she really was, but at least now she understood a little bit of why they didn't. "There is nothing I can do to change your past with her but for what its worth I'm sorry for how you were treated, I may not be the most organized, graceful or the most tasteful person you've ever met, I might even be a little weird, but I can say that you won't know any kind of cruelty not from me. As to the things you do the around the house and personal assistant stuff, how about we just let that work itself out, I'm sure I will keep you busy enough with learning how things run around the house not to mention you're going to now be in charge of keep me grounded. I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed that demons and power really exist and on top of that, you're uncommonly kind, not what I would think a prince of a hell would be like." Having said her peace she removed the blanket from her lap and stood while yawning at the same time. "Would you mind taking me to where I can get a little sleep, I'm sure tomorrows going to be busy, I've got to go pack my apartment, have a very uncomfortable conversation with some people...and um, would you mind staying with me just a little while till I fall asleep?..I always have trouble getting rest in places other than my own bed..I swear I won't make a habit of this". She started for the door and stubbed her toe on the small table beside the chair, cursed silently and kept walking, great..just her luck, already feeling out of place and she has to go and show just how clumsy she really is. She didn't want to look back at him in case he was silently laughing at her, nor did she want to show him her pinked embarrassed cheeks.
Alouette  

Wajin

He merely followed her, smiling wide as she had spoken so nicely of him "There are 13 bedrooms in this mansion, and no two of your ancestor who have lived here have used the same room, it is up to you which you want. If I might add, your great, great grandmother's room points towards the city and the lake in the garden, it is quite beautiful in the morning, and it is close to my quarters as well if you so wish to ask for my service in the middle of the night" He led her up a flight of stairs, waiting for her to respond "Also know that each of your ancestors left journals, I would advice you start reading them. It will make our relationship easier, the only who did not follow this tradition was your mother. I would like to see it returning as a tradition in the future. I have enchanted a notebook for you so it will never run out of pages if you so wish" He waited for her response as he stood still, looking around pointing at rooms "All the white doors are bedrooms and all the black doors are for various studies, halls, closets and bathrooms" He smiles as he looked at her awed face "We also have an aviary and observatory, there is also a chemist lap that your mother left, and a workshop that your great, great, great grandfather made, which I have used a lot since his dead"

Alouette

Wow, thirteen rooms, its like a mini hotel...I definitely think I'll be taking the room with the view, sounds like it would be amazing to wake up too. She approached  the door that he indicated was the right one, grasping the knob and turning it she pushed it open. Lights coming on automatically, giving a soft elegant glow to the room. She sucked in a breath quickly "Oh..oh my gosh...this is so...I don't know if I can stay here..it's almost too nice" Her gaze taking in the space in all its splendor. The rich mahogany walls with cherub carvings decorating the corners, the bed itself was massive having four smooth cream and black marble columns at each corner. The comforter and pillows were all earthy yet feminine colors. Nothing was out of place, the bedside tables that sat on each side were appropriately decorated with lamps, one held a phone that looked like a mix of ivory and gold, very antique looking the other held the journal he mentioned. The floor itself shined so much she could see her reflection, she slipped off her flip flops that she had put on just before the departing of her apartment and touched a bare foot to the cool stone then gazed back at the rest of the room towards the window and out of it the glittering night view of the city. Small tears welled and split down her cheeks, she was captivated, without so much as one ounce of hesitation she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck to hug him. "Thank you" she whispered then let him go and padded away slowly touching everything she seen.

Fingers came up and wiped at her cheeks as she passed a mirror and seen what a mess she was then she kept going, finally stopping when she reached the bed. A little hop was given to get her small frame up on it. Looking over at him still in the doorway. "And yes, I will read it and I want to explore all of this tomorrow..before we do any business...I want to see it all..you're lucky I'm so tired or else I would be pelting you with more questions...Is your room this extravagant? *Her head tilted as she watched him, he fit with this place, he looked like he should be the Lord of this home, he was indeed handsome once you got past the red eyes and the overall prickly demeanor and the fact that he was a demon.
Alouette  

Wajin

He smiled "In a sense yes, as a part of my seal I am allowed to bring one inanimate object from Hell up here each year, my room is decorated to match my old study since I do not sleep, at last not in the sense you think" He walked over to her, and pulled the covers over her, and kissed her forehead softly before sitting down by her side, holding her hand as she had told him not to go "Good night my lady" He smiled as he saw her falling to sleep quickly, her hand in his, clenching on to it "I will be here when you wake up" He whispered, know she wasn't gonna let him go, not by the feel of her hand "But do not fear" He said to her sleeping form "I won't hurt you" He leaned back against the headrest and thought back, his mind slipped to ages past and his memory came to life. He smiled as the memory swallowed him.

He opened his eyes and he saw through his eyes from 65 years past, he was lying in the same bed, but in his arm lay a little 17 year old girl, she had been crying most of the night, she was sad, and he was the only one who would listen to her, she held on to him tightly. He smiled at the girl, and kissed her forehead softly, holding her protectively. Her mother had yelled at her last night, and he had tried to comfort her. She opened her eyes and smiled up at him, nuzzling against his chest "I love you Alhemed" He smiled, and kissed her forehead and responded "I love you too Bethany" he smiled at her and she giggled, hiding her face as she blushed.

He opened his eyes again, he was back in the present, he smiled down at her "you look too much like her... it's torture"

Alouette

His voice grew further and further away as she slipped into slumber, his last words to her brought a comforted sigh to her lips, she knew he wouldn't hurt her, she was not the least bit afraid of him now, in a matter of hours he'd taken that fear and erased it by showing compassion and a deep seated love for a woman she would never meet, but at least he showed the ability to feel. Her fingers entwined with his, holding onto him beings he was the only one in this house and he did bring her a feeling of safety. When he again spoke to her of the torture she was to him, she didn't hear that, she only stirred beneath the sheets and drew closer to him, her face resting against the outside of his leg while her hand pulled out of his to wrap fully around that leg hugging it tightly like a body pillow. It was then that she fell into her deepest slumber.

For hours she slept, if she dreamed she didn't know it, nor had she moved from her position, those sapphire eyes opened slowly..he was still there just as he'd promised. Her voice had a husky type of sound to it, the kind that always happens when you first wake up, it border lined on being sultry but the innocence in her words kept it from crossing that line. "I hope you found rest Alhemed" then her stomach made it's presence known causing her to chuckle. She rolled to her back stretching all the way out, arms above her head, toes curl, every muscle grows tight. Over and over she rolled getting to the edge slipping out from under the covers, bare feet making the slightest noise. She was an unusually perky girl in the mornings. "How about instead of you doing all the cooking, you let me help, after breakfast I can grab a quick shower then you can be the valiant knight and escort me around the grand palace M'Lord" she curtsied in a grand fashion and gave her words a slight Scottish accent.

Alouette  

Wajin

He laughed a little at her final remark and patted her head softly "I'll just have to make sure the water is heated" He said as he walked out of the room. He almost broke down as he was out of her view, she had in that moment seemed so much like her grandmother that he had almost called her Bethany. He looked back towards the door and shook his head "No, she's not!" He said to himself before walking down to the basement to check on the water heater. He heard footsteps above from her room and he smiled to himself "They're all restless... They've always been" He walked back up and opened the door to her room "The water is warm and I have found some towels for you. The bathroom is through that door over there. I'll be in my room, through the crimson door" He said with a warm smile as he walked to his room, his feet numb from sitting in her bed all night. He shook his leg a little, before disappearing behind the crimson door. He smiled as he inhaled the smell of his room, a certain aura filled the room, like this was a part of hell itself. In the middle of the room stood a large mirror, a scrying mirror. He smiled to himself as he walked towards it, it activated by his touch and meeting his gaze was the face of his loved one "She's sweet, your granddaughter, nothing like her mother... she looks like you" She smiled warmly and nodded as he began explaining.

Alouette

She was just about to get into the shower when the thought struck her that she did not have anything to wear, she left the ornately decorated lavatory crossing the hall into her room to rummage through the dresser and walk in closet in her room. She was shocked to find everything still had tags on them, and it was all in her size. Could he have gone and prepared all of this? How could he have been so sure that she would come? Those were questions she would have to ask him but right now she was anxious to relax and freshen up so she selected  a summer dress, mid-thigh in length, strapless and in a nice shade of pink that complimented her features. With dress in hand she crossed once more over into the bathroom, laid the dress on the counter and finally stepped in to shower taking her time enjoying the warm water.

After half and hour and her fingers turning into wrinkled prunes she emerged, light redness on her skin from the heat, but she smelled of lilacs and feel ten time more normal. She used the products that were available to dry her hair and add some color to her face using the lipsticks and mascara there were available, lastly the dress was slipped over her head then she headed to his room to let him know she was ready for the day. A soft rapping of knuckles on his door then came her soft voice "I've finished and I'm going to head down to the kitchen to start cooking, you can just come when you're ready". She turned leaving not wanting to intrude on his time, he says he was her servant but he really did respect other peoples spaces and privacy nor did she enjoy the thought of him being her servant, she would rather just share the space in house than to think of herself as the Mistress of it. Once in the kitchen, what a kitchen it was, it took her a few minutes to locate all of the utensils, there were several clatters and bangs as pots and pans got dropped, her clumsy nature rearing its ugly head, but she did manage to get it all together as well as the groceries that she wanted to fix. She began to cook hoping he would come down soon.
Alouette  

Wajin

He came down looking much more relaxed than before, gone were the suit replaced by a pair of torn black jeans, and his bare chest. "I hope you don't mind... I've been wearing that suit for 110 years now, I thought my chest needed some air" He said as he walked over to her and kissed her cheek "from your granny, she's anxious to talk to you" He said with a kind smile and sat down at the table, conjuring a news paper which he began to read, while twirling his hair around his finger (sorry it's a little short)

Alouette

She stared at him unblinking for a moment, the sight of him catching her off guard, so much in fact that the spatula in her hand hit the floor with a loud metal clatter. She leaned down quickly to pick it up but she was then so embarrassed for having been staring that way that she wasn't watching what she was doing and smacked her head on the counter. When she stood up with the spatula in one hand, she was covering a growing red spot on her forehead with the other. "Ow..ooh..that's smarts " she said closing her eyes and rubbing it, now she wanted to find something else to concentrate on besides the throbbing pain. "How are you talking to my grandmother...I thought you couldn't go home and shes already passed over" her words hitching now and then between the pain. She moved over to the sink to rinse the spatula off, both brows now furrowed as she focused hard on not being such a cry baby about a bump, then went to the stove to stir the hodge podge of ingredients that were in the frying pan. The kitchen was smelling greatly of bacon, potatoes and eggs, just like a home should...and that's what this place felt like..was home. Once in a while her eyes would lift to watch him at the kitchen table, she couldn't see his face because of the paper but she could of sworn his shoulders were shaking, the kind of shake that happens when one is trying to contain laughter.
Alouette  

Wajin

He got up and first held a hand on her head healing the bump and then looked at her "through a scrying mirror, I can bring one item back from Hell every year. It's... grown to quite a nice room. If you want, you could talk to her after we're finished here" He said with a happy smile, he ran his hand through her hair before kissing her forehead "And you look wonderful in that" He said gesturing at her body "Truly breathtaking" He added, seeing her blush more and more. He returned to his seat, but watched her with eager interest "did you realize that you but more pressure on your left foot?" he said at some point "You have really clean toes... I'm envious" he added, looking down at his shoes, afraid what he might see if he took them off, he shuddered at the thought

Alouette

She felt a flood of warmth pass through her head, all the pain immediately stopping. "T..thank you" this magic of his was still not quite so normal causing her to stumble on her words slightly. Just as the pain stopped she felt an old sensation returning as heat found such fair cheeks, she smoothed her dress down self consciously now that she had been made aware of her appearance. "I would like that very much, to talk with her I mean...I can't believe she wants to meet me." Now she grew quiet contemplating what the conversation was going to be like. It wasn't until she finished cooking and had two plates loaded up and on the table, one for her one for him, that the comment about her toes registered, she tilted her head looking under the table at her feet. "I can't see why you like my feet, I've always found feet to be a little...odd, but that may be due to Uncle Jackon's dog, he had a little terrier mixed thing that he used to bring over to mom and dads house and it always wanted to lick my feet..I think that's when I started feeling odd about them." She picked up her fork and began to eat, suddenly ravenous, she did have some manners such as not smacking or talking with her mouthful but she was hunched over her plate and every now and then her fork would scrap against it. For such a thin girl she found somewhere to put away everything she'd put in front of her
Alouette