Heroes Rise: The Hero Project!

Started by Juggtacular, June 09, 2015, 04:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

At least Mr Nobody doesn't need to fear the reaper....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Darwishi

Suddenly I feel like Blue is going to get shot at a whole bunch and molested a whole bunch. lol

Captain Whitebread

She can fight back, so she's safe from Mr Nobody.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: MissFire on July 03, 2015, 12:59:37 PM
I'm not certain Kali can have a shooting rivalry with a dude who's superpower is he never ever misses. That seems a bit favored to one side, I think. Also, and I am just trying to be constructive here, if there is a villain Omni-Class, I think he should have powers that can give the hero Omni (Blitzkrieg) a fight. I know, I know, Blitz is probably just a judge or mentor-figure in the game, but still. Just fun pondering. As it is, Reaper doesn't stand a chance against him.

Really, Blitzkrieg is Magneto so maybe Reaper could shoot him with a plastic bullet? Some kind of special ammo? He'd also have to be far enough away that Blitzkrieg wouldn't see it coming. You would essentially have to hit him hard before he can see it or sense you coming. Otherwise, you'd have to try and not get yanked around by his puppetmaster-like ability until he gets tired. Or your character could have a power that turns them into something else, kind of like Iceman.

Actually, the character I just submitted might have a shot, but she's on the hero team. She can control paper. If she wrapped herself in armor thick enough he wouldn't be able to control her. That... wouldn't stop him just ripping piping out of the ground, turning it into shrapnel, and shredding her to pieces though. So, yup. Tough guy.

But fun to think about.

Blitz is totally beatable. In fact, I already thought about how Tiger can take him no problem.

Darwishi

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 03, 2015, 04:51:46 PM
She can fight back, so she's safe from Mr Nobody.

Unless she's rendered unable to fight back. =P 

In terms of power, Blue Angel miiiight could take on Blitzkrieg but in terms of the character I don't think she'd do well.  I guess she could if she practiced at it hard enough but there are a lot of things he could do to counteract her.  It's actually something I really like about Blue.  She's able to take on some pretty mean characters but then doesn't much have the skills for it always to have the same outcome.  Part of her problem is that she's immature enough to stop and gloat.  If she ran around at top speed all the time she'd be a serious force... luckily for the badguys she doesn't.

I'm curious if Reaper could hit her in a full run since it'd be tough to see her, much less track her.  Again, it wouldn't be even close to impossible to put a bullet between her eyes (it'd just knock her out) since she stops a lot or even for him to set a trap for her. =P

Zaer Darkwail

If reaper would need take down Blue Angel he would attempt bait her into a trap (use hologram perhaps) where she trips and crashes and he lands then a shot which knocks her out (either blunt trauma or tranquil dart which drugs her silly, shot from high powered rifle ofc so it gets through her natural toughness). Although discussing in PM now in extend about Reaper's abilities if any but first thing was 'nobody starts omni' amongst PC cast :P. But also my guy is not omni in first place (as he does not got powers to cause mass destruction).

Captain Whitebread

Shrike wouldn't stand a chance against Blitz.  One EMP and Shrike spirals into the ground at full speed.  His sense of orientation is very much based on the Earth's magnetic field.

Hitting a bird on the wing isn't all that hard either, so White Death could drop him like a bad habit.

Any person is vulnerable if rendered 'unable to fight back'.  It would require too much effort to render her unable to fight back when there is a Muggle down the street who's trying to unlock her door with an armload of groceries.  Mr Nobody is an opportunistic predator, not a hunter/stalker.  He's strictly small potatoes.

Darwishi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 03, 2015, 05:15:53 PM
If reaper would need take down Blue Angel he would attempt bait her into a trap (use hologram perhaps) where she trips and crashes and he lands then a shot which knocks her out (either blunt trauma or tranquil dart which drugs her silly, shot from high powered rifle ofc so it gets through her natural toughness). Although discussing in PM now in extend about Reaper's abilities if any but first thing was 'nobody starts omni' amongst PC cast :P. But also my guy is not omni in first place (as he does not got powers to cause mass destruction).

Yup there's a lot of ways he could do it.  Hopefully he wouldn't kill her!

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 03, 2015, 05:26:57 PM
Shrike wouldn't stand a chance against Blitz.  One EMP and Shrike spirals into the ground at full speed.  His sense of orientation is very much based on the Earth's magnetic field.

Hitting a bird on the wing isn't all that hard either, so White Death could drop him like a bad habit.

Any person is vulnerable if rendered 'unable to fight back'.  It would require too much effort to render her unable to fight back when there is a Muggle down the street who's trying to unlock her door with an armload of groceries.  Mr Nobody is an opportunistic predator, not a hunter/stalker.  He's strictly small potatoes.

Heh, so he might be more of a punching bag for Blue than him stalking her? I'm really curious what the heroes' missions will look like.  I'm fairly certain Blue and Shrike may get in trouble for Blue flying Shrike like a kite at super-sonic speeds. =P

la dame en noir

Jugg is still busy, probably because its July 4th weekend. But I made the OOC thread.

Follow this link. He will add it to the front page when he's around. Thank you.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

MissFire

Miss Fire

Name: Shiori Izayoi
Alias/Code-Name: Origami
Sexuality: Lesbian

Your Hero in detail
Power Class: Class III

Power(s): Shiori possesses multiple paper-themed abilities. First and foremost is simple Paper Generation - she can produce an infinite amount of blank white eight inch by eleven inch sheets of copy paper. She can manipulate these sheets by making them move through the air as if on their own, shaping them at will, or combining them into a single paper object. The culmination of these abilities has been dubbed Papyrokinetic Combat; the ability to create tools, objects, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of paper. With enough practice she may soon be able to actually add color to the paper, but Shiori isn't quite there yet.

Abilities:  An avid fan of martial artists Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, Shiori has studied Jeet Kun Do, Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do extensively. She is extremely fit and athletic. Shiori possesses a near genius-level intellect and has a sound tactical mind. She uses her smarts to make the most of her power and outwit opponents many times stronger than herself. In short, she is simply a smart and athletic woman possessing of no real astounding qualities outside of her power.

Weaknesses: Water, fire, anything strong enough to puncture or break paper. While Shiori can layer her creations and create surprisingly strong barriers out of mere paper, it's still paper and quite flammable and prone to getting soggy. She is also, for all intents and purposes, a normal twenty year old woman without enhanced durability or regeneration, rendering her vulnerable to physical attacks.

Look/Appearance: Normal Appearance - Shiori Izayoi is a young woman of mixed Asian/American descent with fair features, dark hair, and brown eyes. She is just over five feet tall and has a slim, athletic build. Her street attire consists mainly of simple t-shirts and jeans. Her costume resembles a schoolgirl outfit, sporting a black blazer, checkered plaid skirt, white blouse and red tie. To hide her identity she forms a complex mask shaped like a rabbit. Shiori is not known to carry any weapons or equipment on her person.

Their background
Personality: Too serious for the power set she has been given. Shiori thinks the world of herself and her ability and is seeking to prove her usefulness to everyone around her. She will not hesitate to take on any opponent, even if they outclass her (which is more or less everyone). Shiori hates having her ability or her serious attitude mocked and can be quite easily angered or annoyed into fighting. Despite how seriously she takes herself and how easy it is to push her buttons, she is unflinchingly loyal to those she trusts and has a strong sense of honor and justice. Shiori considers herself a hero, has her own ideas about what that means, and will do anything it takes to uphold that code.

History: Shiori Izayoi, daughter of Ken Izayoi and Maria Penderghast. Father, a lawyer. Mother, a nurse. Shiori had an upbringing typical of an upper middle-class family; sleepovers, birthday parties, friends, homework. Unique in it's non-uniqueness. No slain family members, no tragic accidents, no life-changing events. Shiori was a typical teenager, smart and likable, with a fondness for kung fu cinema and music. At the age of sixteen her power began to manifest, showing itself for the first time in her schools computer lab when Shiori became annoyed at a jammed printer. Angry, she swatted the machine and it began to spit out a seemingly endless amount of copy paper until the room was nearly flooded. Unnerved by the event and feeling that she had somehow caused it, she went home and started experimenting, trying to replicate the event.

She had no luck. It wasn't until a month later when her powers next manifested. After having a romance with a girl she cared about come to a bitter end (as highschool romances are wont to do) she found herself behind the school with tears rolling down her cheeks. As if sensing her emotions, the sky seemed to open up and it rained. Paper. Fluttering white sheets fell from the clouds, forming a pile around her. Shiori knew for sure this time she had caused it and re-doubled her efforts to manifest her metahuman ability at will. After practicing at home by herself she was finally able to master her generation of paper and revealed her ability to her parents. They were amazed and, surprisingly, supportive. Of the ability. Not so much her penchant for donning a paper mask and attempting to fight crime.

Against normal street thugs she found herself to be surprisingly capable, but her secret vigilante spree came to an end when, attempting to thwart a bank robbery, Shiori was shot in the chest. At the last moment she generated a paper barrier in front of herself, which took most of the impact, but still bruised her sternum and it put her in the hospital. Her parents were understandably upset, but instead of forbidding her to use her power, they simply told her to seek proper training from her peers. The best way, they figured, was to seek the help of The Meta Corps. The only way they could think of doing that was to join The Hero Project.

Physical description/Other pictures: Image #1, Image #2, Theme: The Pure and The Tainted

Other
Connections: None
Likes: Origami, Action Movies, Music, Studying, Martial Arts, Women
Dislikes: Criminals, Bullies, Being Mocked, (Most) Men
Ons/Offs: N/A
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Captain Whitebread

LOL!

I once played a similar character with the same name.  Also Japanese.  He couldn't create the paper but he had the additional ability to fold himself up.  He frequently traveled via Purolator.