Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Stormy Daniels was arrested last night on a ridiculous charge, and apparently several undercover cops had been sent out to watch a strip-club show and yank her in on the spot. The crime? She briefly let a man in the audience touch her "in a non-sexual manner" while performing her strip-tease routine, and that's a felony in Ohio. :) Bet they cuffed her hands behind her back, too. Dangerous woman!  ::)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/stormy-daniels-arrested-in-columbus-ohio-while-performing-avenatti.html

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Eye of Horus

Yeah, I saw that this morning too. Bizarre. Dangerous to the administration, maybe...

Also why is it a felony to be touched by a punter in a strip club...instead of, say, being a felony to touch a dancer in a strip club?

Trump is arriving in my country in a few hours. We’re even tailoring the menus to his “nursery-food tastes”. :P. This could be interesting, since Trump has never been shy of sticking his oar in about our politics - I wonder if he’ll ask where Boris Johnson is...

Lilias

Quote from: Eye of Horus on July 12, 2018, 05:34:25 AM
Trump is arriving in my country in a few hours. We’re even tailoring the menus to his “nursery-food tastes”. :P. This could be interesting, since Trump has never been shy of sticking his oar in about our politics - I wonder if he’ll ask where Boris Johnson is...

The real fun will be in Scotland. Watch your Twitters. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

gaggedLouise

Yeah, I saw that this morning too. Bizarre. Dangerous to the administration, maybe...

Also why is it a felony to be touched by a punter in a strip club...instead of, say, being a felony to touch a dancer in a strip club?

Five to one that a few of the cops touched her in more improper ways back at the police station - making sure there would be no fingerprints left of course.  :-X

QuoteTrump is arriving in my country in a few hours. We’re even tailoring the menus to his “nursery-food tastes”. :P. This could be interesting, since Trump has never been shy of sticking his oar in about our politics - I wonder if he’ll ask where Boris Johnson is...

I was thinking that too - what if he begins telling the press how *he* would have handled Brexit and what a great guy Boris is? :)

Oniya

Link gives 404 error.  :(  What's on the menu?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Mugshot of Ms Daniels, arrested for all the wrong reasons (and she looks great):

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1017375694295392256

Reply by her to a Trumpian on Twitter:

QuoteI never stopped showing my tits, you idiot. I AM absolutely a slut and proud of it but at least I know how to spell "you're" and not look ignorant on Twitter.

:D

(Source: here) (trigger alert: lots of use of "f*ck" and "slut")

Eye of Horus

Quote from: Oniya on July 12, 2018, 09:18:42 AMLink gives 404 error.  :(  What's on the menu?

Damn. My apologies. Here it is again and hopefully working.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/11/theresa-may-nervously-awaits-donald-trumps-uk-arrival

And the menu is apparently “unthreatening dishes such as beef, and hearty puddings of ice cream or lemon meringue pie.”

To be fair, it sounds healthier than the McDonald’s and deconstructed pizzas he used to eat.

TheGlyphstone

I'd feel vaguely threatened by a menu including British-cooked beef. #Britishcooking ;D

Eye of Horus

We can do a nice medium-rare steak, but you have to ask for it. :P

For a nice rich sauce on it though you usually have to go to a French or Italian place.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: gaggedLouise on July 12, 2018, 09:40:07 AM
Mugshot of Ms Daniels

All charges hastily dropped.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170930/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/charges-against-stormy-daniels-dropped-after-arrest-at-northeast-side-strip-club

Bad law in the first place but now that the celebrity charged with it is being let off the hook they won't face any pressure to get rid of it. Too bad.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: RedPhoenix on July 12, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
All charges hastily dropped.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170930/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/news/20180712/charges-against-stormy-daniels-dropped-after-arrest-at-northeast-side-strip-club

Bad law in the first place but now that the celebrity charged with it is being let off the hook they won't face any pressure to get rid of it. Too bad.

At first (after her lawyer had tweeted about it), the Ohio police even denied that she had been arrested. :). She's a real hero though, in my book.

Mechelle

Trump is visiting Britain at the moment, and causing his usual chaos.

Thankfully, I am out of the country, but he began by giving an interview to the right-leaning Sun, in which he gave Theresa May some severe criticism for her soft-Brexit proposals, and what a great prime minister her enemy Boris Johnson would be, before saying it was all the usual 'fake news' when he was face to face with her even though recordings were taken of him saying what he did. Later  he said how wonderful and special she and all of us were! He criticised immigration to Europe but surely that was the foundation of the USA.

There were huge demonstrations against him; I just wait to hear him say the demonstrators were all fans who had come to see him.

Anyone who has read "1984" will recognise the importance dictators give to illogical contradictory statements.

Oniya

One of these days, I'd like to see someone play back a recording of him when he contradicts himself.  Not that I think it will change anything - I just imagine Harry Morgan doing his stone-face from Dragnet pressing a 'Play' button.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on July 13, 2018, 04:22:01 PM
One of these days, I'd like to see someone play back a recording of him when he contradicts himself.  Not that I think it will change anything - I just imagine Harry Morgan doing his stone-face from Dragnet pressing a 'Play' button.

You mean: playing it back to him, in his presence? :)

He'd call out, "that's FAKE NEWS!!"  :P

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on July 13, 2018, 04:30:28 PM
You mean: playing it back to him, in his presence? :)

Exactly.  Preferably with full context.  No commentary, just that long, hard stare.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on July 13, 2018, 04:53:21 PM
Exactly.  Preferably with full context.  No commentary, just that long, hard stare.

"Only facts can be in error, never so the Leader /Führer/"

-Heinrich Mann, 1939, after listening to a Hitler speech on the radio :)

gaggedLouise

gaggedLouise

Oniya

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1017485301562990592

Although, I would have suspected Daleks would be smarter.  They did eventually figure out the stairs thing.

Eye of Horus

"DIS-CRI-MI-NATE!"  ;D

After trashing Theresa May and her plan to the Sun newspaper (and then backpeddling to her in person), Trump suggested that Britain should sue the EU: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44838028

Unclear if it was meant to be a joke (though PM May's interview does not seem to indicate so), or if the fact that he contradicted it later by urging "don't walk away" from the EU negotiations means anything (since Trump contradicts himself regularly anyway).

This isn't quite as divorced from reality as it sounds, since the UK could in theory sue the EU in the ECJ if they were deliberately obstructing the Brexit negotiations (N.B. they're not), but it wouldn't work if it was the UK who walked away from the table, and certainly not since it's the UK who have been stalling and dithering for the last 18 months.

I don't know if we should give Trump the credit of assuming he actually does know how the ECJ works. But I suppose his suggestion does illustrate Trump's zero-sum mentality, even if that's hardly new information.

Meanwhile, UK protests against his visit may have numbered up to 250,000 people across the country. It'll be interesting if this serves as a boost to the Conservative government (because people might rally behind their new Brexit plan purely because Trump criticised it) or as a millstone (for giving Trump a red-carpet welcome in the first place).

Mechelle

Right. I am going back to Britain afternoon. Has Trump gone? Is it safe to go home yet?

That is an interesting take on the effect of the protests. I suspect it won't do Theresa May any favours as she is caught in a hard place largely because of her own insistence that "brexit means brexit", whatever that means. However, it does mean she is hostage to the hard right ideologues who demand a pure or true brexit.

I often feel sorry for her, but then I remember those vans targeting illegal immigrants..

Norwegian One

Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Eye of Horus

Thinking before speaking is becoming a lost art in politics, isn’t it?

Quote from: Mechelle on July 15, 2018, 03:15:37 PMI often feel sorry for her, but then I remember those vans targeting illegal immigrants..

Oh there’s plenty more reasons than that why Theresa May is a terrible boss, a terrible prime minister and a terrible person, but that’s for a different thread.

gaggedLouise

Watching the Helsinki press conference, and Putin definitely looks and sounds like the one who's in command, at least be has the upper hand. He's calm, confident, focused, while Trump appears a bit rambling, making his usual strange bits of mimics, and saying vague things...

Muddy Waters

Quote from: gaggedLouise on July 16, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
Watching the Helsinki press conference, and Putin definitely looks and sounds like the one who's in command, at least be has the upper hand. He's calm, confident, focused, while Trump appears a bit rambling, making his usual strange bits of mimics, and saying vague things...

I don't know how you understood him... sounded like he had Putin's c*ck in his mouth.   
[acronym=A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface][/acronym]
[Acronym= Muddy Waters' On & Offs][/acronym][Acronym=Muddy Waters' Absences and Apologies][/acronym]
                        "A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface"