Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View

Started by Rhedyn, January 21, 2011, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Stalker

Leaves Good Thoughts and Hugs for all who need or want them.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

Rhedyn

Quote from: Sybl on February 07, 2012, 05:10:58 AM
I knew that, it is why I posted here. I know you all understand, and care so much.

We do that *hugs Sybl nice and tight*

lonlyazn

Quote from: Sybl on February 06, 2012, 01:12:01 PM
Here I am again. Emptied out, hurting and wondering why? Why do those who are supposed to love you get so much enjoyment out of ripping you apart? Living sucks at times.

Living for no one does suck, but you have a community that is willing to live along with you. Live for yourself will lead to living for us. I wish only great blessings and that you have created a tight knit net for yourself!

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

Sybl

Quote from: Night Stalker on February 07, 2012, 08:56:17 AM
Leaves Good Thoughts and Hugs for all who need or want them.
Accepts with my Thanks. *hugs back*

Quote from: Rhedyn on February 07, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
We do that *hugs Sybl nice and tight*
*hugs back* thank you

Quote from: lonlyazn on February 07, 2012, 09:32:43 AM
Living for no one does suck, but you have a community that is willing to live along with you. Live for yourself will lead to living for us. I wish only great blessings and that you have created a tight knit net for yourself!
Thank you my friend, if not for hear and close friends, it would be a harsh world right now. One day closer to forgetting and moving on again.

Night Stalker

Quote from: Sybl on February 07, 2012, 03:07:58 PM
Accepts with my Thanks. *hugs back*
*hugs back* thank you
Thank you my friend, if not for hear and close friends, it would be a harsh world right now. One day closer to forgetting and moving on again.

My pleasure anytime and thanks.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Just wanted to thank you all for thehugs and good thoughts. Had to make some tough choices, but all is well, and tomorrow, I leave for a long trip to the Pacific ocean. Take care of each other... as I leave a ton of hugs for you all, until I get back.

Starlequin

*sneaks in to plant an extra supply of hugs in Sybl's luggage -- and a snorkel, just in case!*

Come home soon, Sybl.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sybl

Quote from: Starlequin on February 08, 2012, 10:34:57 PM
*sneaks in to plant an extra supply of hugs in Sybl's luggage -- and a snorkel, just in case!*

Come home soon, Sybl.

Ooooooo a snorkel!! :D  I may have to stay an extra week now ;)

Thank you for the extra hugs, that's good for 2 extra weeks ;D

Athos

Quote from: Sybl on February 08, 2012, 09:23:21 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for thehugs and good thoughts. Had to make some tough choices, but all is well, and tomorrow, I leave for a long trip to the Pacific ocean. Take care of each other... as I leave a ton of hugs for you all, until I get back.

Have a great trip darling! Lots of love!

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Sybl

Quote from: Athos on February 09, 2012, 01:14:23 AM
Have a great trip darling! Lots of love!
thanks so much Athos.
*hugs you too, before I go*

Night Stalker

Have an awesome and safe time away.
I am the NightStalker

Rhedyn

Little late but I hope you have a  fab time :)

*leaves plenty of hugs for everyone now I have resurfaced*

Night Stalker

I am the NightStalker

Ariabella

Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Oniya

Couldn't sleep last night - too many things to worry about.  A 'realtors' commercial made me start crying a few minutes ago.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Adammair

*hugs Oniya and leaves positive thoughts and wishes for everyone*

Starlequin

*adds his hugs to Adam's, wishing he could offer more*
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Rhedyn

*also leaves hugs and some positive energy for Oniya*

Night Stalker

I am the NightStalker

Oniya

*drops off a basket of hugs, with a few extra tagged for Adammair*

I'm planning on writing up something 'to' my parents explaining why I never go to them for - well, really anything.  It will make me feel a lot better, even if they won't ever see it unless I do some drunk e-mailing.
Drunk for me equals one wine cooler.  *is lightweight*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Adammair

Quote from: Oniya on March 02, 2012, 05:32:21 PM
*drops off a basket of hugs, with a few extra tagged for Adammair*

I'm planning on writing up something 'to' my parents explaining why I never go to them for - well, really anything.  It will make me feel a lot better, even if they won't ever see it unless I do some drunk e-mailing.
Drunk for me equals one wine cooler.  *is lightweight*

*hugs Oniya* Thanks... :-)

...and yeah, writing your feelings down will make you feel better, especially if, afterward, you print it out and take a match/lighter to it. :P Oh, make sure you have something to place the burning paper into, first. ;)

Sybl

*Drops a bucket on Adammair*   :o   ;D  "I meant hugs! Yeah and for Oniya and all who need them, want them...enjoy! (Not the buckets..the hugs) :P

Saphir

So...I found this thread and I dropped the little green monster thingy in my sig because I support it, you guys and this thread. Partly because I certainly can relate to the message.

I come from a bit of a broken family, neither of my parents were in my life, I was raised by my grandfather since age 6, a lot of issues with my sister as she spent most of her life in and out of trouble with the law. I feel alienated from my extended family because my grandfather moved us to a town where we have to drive 2 hours just to get to our closest relatives.  I admittedly do have a bit of dislike for mother's day because I never really had one in my life after my grandmother and then my grandfather's 2nd wife passed away after only two years of having been a family.

I can't say that my childhood was completely unhappy though. Adolescence was cool until  I started struggling with my sexuality. While I have come to terms with it and I'm no longer keeping myself in the closet, I still haven't told my family yet and it still bugs me. It doesn't help that I come from a Christian family either. Only person I did tell was my sister who told me that she'd beat me down if I ever touched her son....because apparently being gay in her mind clicked that I was also being an incestuous pedophile I guess? I know that was just general ignorance on her part but it cut me deep. Really really deep.  Mind you this was Christmas Eve 2008, so yeah. Definitely wasn't a very merry Christmas. She did apologize and said she'd accept me. Though she still thew out slick comments like how she wants me to have kids so she can have nieces and nephews...and not adopting them, but making them the old fashion way. Which doesn't sound very accepting to me, but whatevs.  It's made me a bit fearful of telling any of my other relatives. It kinda affected me in school too. True, I'm a college graduate, but looking back I feel like I could have done so much better in my courses because I just kind of started drifting and doing just enough to pass in my last 2 years of college. I lost the zest I had to put effort into my work. It was so bad, my department chair person arranged for me to start seeing the counselor.

Well, despite all of that, I'm not here to vent really, but more to give encouragement to those who need it if I'm able to by sharing some of what I have been through in my life.  I know I could have probably wallowed and rotted in my own misery, but I'm kind of way too stubborn of a person to give in to it at the end of the day. I've  gotten by on my own will by just being thankful for what I do have; along with help from my friends. It's actually been my friends that have kept me on track and I consider a few of them family more than some of my blood relatives. After all, you don't have to share blood to be a family, right? Also from my experience I have learned that it's not good to keep things bottled up. I did that in college and it almost destroyed from the inside out. I'm not afraid to admit that I actually cried and felt some relief after having talked to my counselor. It's really important to have at least one person to be the glue that keeps you from completely falling apart when you're cracking. Even better when you have a someone like a little green monster who can just tell that you're in need of some comforting gestures and words. Also, as corny as it sounds, I have  some songs that help too~ which I probably won't list then all but one in particular stands out too me:

And I won't look back, I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope, but I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance, and my journey is complete
- Go The Distance by Michael Bolton

Pretty much my theme song whenever I'm stuck in a rut and I need to push forward. XD Don't underestimate the power of Disney folks. :3

So does life suck? Oh god yes, it does have it's moments. Whether you just want to punch someone in the face to get out some anger or just curl up in the corner and sob.  But once you've hit  rock bottom, you have no where else to go but up, even better if you have people in your life, on here and/or in other online communities to help pick you up. Each person's situation varies I know.  But I still encourage those going through hard times to become the phoenix and rise from the ashes...just don't get all batshit crazy and start burning stuff up  like Jean Grey (small punny joke and now my nerd is showing but meh~ lol) 

So yes. Hugs, kisses, love and more hugs all around for those who need them. And cookies. I know cookies also go great with hugs and love. =)

Sybl

*eaves hugs for Sapir and any one else who needs one.*   *snags one for herself, too*

Sybl

Quote from: Sybl on March 04, 2012, 03:30:31 AM
*eaves hugs for Sapir and any one else who needs one.*   *snags one for herself, too*
*leaves hugs* stinky typos