Tarduril, the Theocracy of Veils

Started by LeSane, March 30, 2016, 01:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

Hello weary travelers its a delight to see you've received my invitation. Let me be the first to formally introduce you to the world of Tarduril, the Theocracy of Veils a small group game created by LeSane. Currently, he is looking for a total of four willing participants who will delve into the world he is creating, and I you're humble. . . or not so humble (I'm still in deciding that myself) Zameil Trios will guide you along the path. Today I will reveal some elements of the game so that you will gain a better understanding of it, and what the creator of the game is looking for overall. Please relax a while as I explain some of the core mechanics Before passing on the torch to another one of my fell compatriots.

A WORLD TO EXPLORE

This is an overview of the world we reside in currently. In the world of Turduril, all manners of races, species, and monsters live here. Most adventures such as yourselves usually begin south of the map. It is where many races live together in harmony though don't get me wrong problems still arise from time to time, but think of it as a minor issues where people try to get a foothold in the business of gaining a name for themselves. As the group progresses more and more areas will open up to them allowing them to take on bigger and better things! The majority of your time will be traveling to these locations and smaller lesser known areas might appear in your travels. (Caves, Dungeons, Small villages, Bandit camps, etc.)

Oh, before I forget something important to address. The King has passed his crown to his youngest son who will surpass his three older brothers. The people of Turduril as the sort of at odds with one another since the news so do not be surprised if war were to break out during your time here. I personally will be safe off the coast with a drink in hand since I don't have time for that crap. You all, on the other hand, are free game. That's how the cookie crumbles I solemnly say, but that's life. There are three kingdoms and one Sovereign Town (That is where you will start, obviously)

Lindorion, the Midnight Dominion (East)
The Third Great Kingdom of Oriand (North)
The Realm of Ladolien (West)
Pitax the Tarnished Jewel of the River Kingdom (South)

GAIN EVERLASTING FAME

Word will spread of your deeds
In this world, nearly every action and decision your characters make affect them either positively or negatively. Depending on how drastic a decision is, the end-results can be minor or major. The actions may change their appearance, how their reputation will develop, the successive chain of events that happen within the game will determine how people and major characters react to your actions. These go into two categories positive and negative fame. Each has their own dynamic which can both be helpful to you or a hindrance. There is a ranking system for both which will label you as you traverse the world.

POSITIVE FAME
Characters that are able to gain positive fame by playing as a hero to the people of Turduril. During this mental state, the character is more calm and collected and are willing to sacrifice themselves to situations that mostly only benefit others but not themselves. This reflects their abilities as well; able to focus and take down single enemies more accurately, avoiding large, uncontrolled attacks that could hurt or kill innocent bystanders. Those who also claim the same mental state, appear as a Symbol of Help. Civilians will also look at your character with awe, love, and respect, often cheering as they go by. Those with a positive fame will be treated with respect among the guards, nobles, and some shopkeepers.

The ranks are as followed:

1st LVL Protector
2nd LVL Guardian
3rd  LVL Champion
4th LVL Paragon
5th LVL True Hero

NEGATIVE FAME
Characters can gain negative fame by focusing mainly on self-benefit, caring less for others, and allowing crime to be committed. During this mental state, you will be seen as ruthless and aggressive, which also reflects your abilities; attacks become more destructive and scattered. Your appearance might take a drastic change during this state, your skin might appear a pale gray, and your aura will come off as hostile or mean. Dark markings can appear on your characters skin. More thank likely you will get red marks on your face and appear to be lacking sleep, and have gray marks under your eyelids.

The ranks are as followed:
1st LVL Thug
2nd LVL Criminal
3rd LVL Murderer
4th LVL Most Wanted
5th LVL Infamous

THE PATHS WE TAKE

No matter the path you take, you will find something rewarding for you.
Choosing to test your skill in battle constantly can reward you with combat prowess and fame.
Or perhaps you prefer a more carnal pleasure, possibly rewarding you in the form of useful connections and information.
The path you choose to take will always lead you somewhere.

SIMPLE ADVANCEMENT IN LIFE

(Orginal idea from Aya, not my own. Thank you.)
Each post will make your character better.
Everything from battle to the bed; decide how to best face the world and its infinite landscapes.
1 post will generate 1 EXP. Every 150 words generate an additional 0.5 EXP.
Additional story events and rewards will generate significant EXP.

The leveling system is like this because the creator doesn't want a bunch of people blazing through the game with small one liners and expecting to get something out of it. The writers of this game should put effort into it, and NOT focus on trying to be better than everyone else. LeSane wishes to have the story progress, but at the same time have everyone feel involved with the world. There has been a lot of game which writers will go off on their own and cause things to take a bad turn. That will not be tolerated nor accepted.

THE HYBRID SYSTEM

The game is a mix of systems that help support the characters along with the game.

• DnD mechanics i.e. (Stats of your Character basic leveling)
  • Freeform when talking to one another and progressing the story.
  • Combat mechanics and Other mechanics from Homebrew system (Thank Aya again. She made an amazing system.)

JOLLY CO-OPERATION!

Some events will require a combined effort and careful planning.
Others will be easier solved with a divide-and-conquer approach.
Communication with other players will be necessary in order to achieve the best results.

Please note this is for interest gain. The more interest it receives the more information will be placed down. The reason behind this madness is this "Why to throw out all the information when no one is interested?" That is a common dilemma that the creator of this game runs into so he is giving as much as he can to make it interesting while withholding some info. If you have any question, comments, or concerns regarding the game please leave a post down and LeSane will do his best to pass on the information. Remember only you can make this game possible.

STATS, AFFINITIES AND TITLES

Stats will be used by the system to determine results of actions; battle actions, character interaction, etc. Usually, your stats will only affect things like combat with enemies, using your charm (or sex)to draw out information from NPC'S, and  many other things which can be used for specific events. Remember these stats will only affect certain areas of the game. It is a free form game as well so relying on your stats maybe be a good idea, but it isn't the whole premise. In the spoiler below are examples what will be the main focus for your characters. There are four total so that no one will be confused on; Endurance, Sense, Combat Mastery, and Sexual Mastery.
STATS

Endurance
Used to determine health and defense in battle, stamina during sex. A low endurance will make battles extremely dangerous for you; sex will be an extremely, extremely short affair.
Health = Endurance x3. Defense = Endurance x1.5 (rounded down). Stamina = Endurance x3.

Sense
Used to determine general intelligence. In battle, a sense may allow you to pinpoint an enemy's weakness, or exploit the environment to your advantage. When interacting with characters, a high sense will increase the chances of getting what you want or manipulating that character. During sex, sense may be helpful in identifying your partner's sensitive areas, kinks, etc. Any situation which requires perception and problem solving may require the sensed attribute. A low sense will not make your character brain dead, but he will receive less helpful cues in game-text than a character with high sense.

Sense represents your character's ability to perceive hidden things and intelligence in general. Throughout the game, if your character's sense is high enough, he will receive special prompts or clues that may guide him. Also, lets you decipher monster abilities. Your character is attempting to get into an inn that doesn't welcome strangers. A hidden sense threshold of 5 is set; if met, a cue may appear that clues him into a side entrance.
If sense is lower than 5, your character will not get that cue, but perhaps he could try to charm one of the girls nearby (who only has a sense of 2) to get him in. If your character doesn't have enough sense for anything, you could always try to fight your way in or avoid the inn. A monster has a sense of 10 and special abilities. If your (sense x2) is equal or higher to the monster's, then you will receive information on its abilities.

An encounter (battle, event, or otherwise) that seems impossible may be solved if a member of your party has enough sense to solve the problem.
When trying to influence or manipulate NPCs (into sex, providing protected information, etc.), the sense stat is used. 2d4 +sense stat = 6; NPC sense = 5. Since your roll is greater, your action counts as a success. More difficult actions may require a greater number of successes. Seducing a woman usually takes Seducing: rolls 2d4+sense 4 times (3, baseline for seduction attempt +1 static value). Following the success formula above, 3 successes in those 4 rolls allow for a successful seduction attempt.

Combat Mastery
Used to determine damage dealt in battle, as well as general combat aptitude (movement, dodging, and other physical traits). Battle mastery will affect your performance in battle regardless of your battle style (arcane, archery, etc.); whatever you can think of. A low battle mastery will make battles a futile effort for you; your character will not be able to contribute much in the way of damage and will be unable to perform as well as a character who is well versed in battle.

Combat will unfold in free form, however, each of your posts will trigger certain checks by the system. You will have to do a roll and the rest will be done by the creator of the game. An attack description against the monster will trigger a damage check of 2d4 (+modifiers via combat stats/affinities). The result is subtracted by the monster's defense, and the result of that is done as damage to it's HP. (2d4 + Combat Mastery = 7; monster defense is 3, so your post inflicts 4 damage to the monster.) Each post can only trigger damage one time per enemy unless specified.

Sexual Mastery
Used to determine almost all aspects relating to sex, apart from stamina. A low Sexual mastery will make your character woefully inadequate in the bedroom.

Similar to combat, but with different modifiers.
ex. 2d4 + CM = 5; partner's carnal mastery is 1, so your post will subtract 4 points from your partner's endurance. When endurance reaches 0, they have an orgasm. Your sense may help you during sex. If you're particularly perceptive and skilled, you receive a bonus to your rolls. 2d4 + Sense + CM > Partner's Sense + CM. This may give you an edge: lowering their endurance faster, etc. If the difference is especially large, you could make your partner climax instantaneously. There are other aspects such as rape, mind break, and nymphomania however these are unlocked by having a certain level of negative fame to unlock. The rape formula is as follows: 2d4 + Player BM > Target (DEF + BM + HP). If successful, your character will overpower the target and initiate a non-consensual rape event. Mind break and Nymphomania are consequences of having constant sex, to the point that it overwhelms one's senses. Each orgasm will give the target a lust counter. Each successive orgasm will double that counter. When the lust counter becomes greater than the target's sense, then they become mind broken (non-con) or turn into a nymphomaniac (consensual). Lust counters will have a decay at a rate of 1 per post in which that character is not having sex.

Upon successful mind break or Nymphomania, the player will receive a large amount of EXP and a bonus. The bonus can either be a permanent boost to a stat (depending on the mind broken character; a battle-adept character will reward a bonus to BM), or one of the mind broken character's abilities. In a mind broken/nymphomaniac state, the NPC will not have normal NPC function and will be mostly useless.

Affinities are rewarded when a character invests a certain amount of time into one particular area and are the player only. Performing many actions in one area (combat, sex, and other things.) will give you affinity in that area. The specific affinities awarded are hidden, and depend on the action. For example, if your RP style involves a character who is very mobile in battle, he may unlock the Acrobatic affinity. If he focuses on large, devastating attacks, he will unlock a different ability tailored to him alone. Affinity areas outside of the listed ones are also possible, depending on the actions your character performs most often.
AFFINITIES

Sample Affinities
Combat affinities
Critical Wounding: Your experience in battle has allowed you to occasionally identify weak spots. Any double roll (2d4 = 1+1, 2+2, etc.) deals 1.5x damage.
Acrobatics: You have become adept in the movement about the battlefield. Once per battle, dodge an attack that would otherwise inflict lethal damage.

Carnal affinities
Long Voyage: You're a frequent indulger of carnal pleasure. When having sex, endurance is increased by 1.5x.
Double Trouble: Twice the fun. When having sex, each post has (2d4 + carnal mastery)% chance of triggering an extra pleasure check.

Sense affinities
Sharp Eye: Nothing goes unnoticed. Environmental sense thresholds reduced by 1/3rd.
Devil's Tongue: You have a way with words. Applies a -2 sense modifier to any NPC's sense roll.

Titles are an extension of affinities. By unlocking a certain combination of affinities, or performing special feats, you may achieve a title that provides a relevant bonus. You have an affinity in both battle arts and sense. You may unlock a sample title such as 'Tactician' which provides some extra bonus to those aspects, or even a completely new ability. These will be unlocked over time.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

CREATION AND LEVELING UP
Your character begins with 15 points to spend between 4 stats. Don't worry too much about being too weak, or too dull, or having premature ejaculation at first. The world will ease your characters in and numbers will be tweaked as I monitor the balance. The first level up will take 10 exp. Subsequent levels will take 1.5x exp of the previous level rounded up (10, 15, 23, 35). Each level up will provide 1 stat point (more level up bonuses will be added later).

Your character sheet should follow this format:

[left][size=10pt]
[float=left][img height=400]http://ahealthierevergreen.org/images/person.jpg[/img][/float]

[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]N[/b][u]ame[/u][/font][/size]

[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]B[/b][u]ackground[/u][/font][/size]

[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]G[/b][u]oal[/u][/font][/size]

[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]S[/b][u]tats[/u][/font][/size]
Endurance
Sense
C.Mastery
S.Mastery
[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]A[/b][u]ffinities[/u][/font][/size]
Leave N/A for now
[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]T[/b][u]itle[/u][/font][/size]
Leave N/A for now
[size=12pt][font=times new roman][b]C[/b][u]omments[/u][/font][/size]

Links

Tarduril, the Theocracy of Veils || Character Database
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

Update List

• Added more images
  • In-depth of stats and system
  • Explained Stats, Affinities, and Titles
  • Added Character Sheet
  • Fit it all in two posts
  • I have a headache....

Kokaine

I'm usually wary of system games on E but you've got my attention.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LeSane

Kok you have no idea how happy I am to see someone give interest.

Flower

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Outlaw Fallen

I'm wary of systems in general, but I'm very interested.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

LeSane

It came to my attention that four people be it a small number some of the combat I have in store require a group of five.
The fifth slot is optional, and I can take it away if I feel it unnecessary or the party is doing fine as it is.

Chaeronea

This seems pretty interesting - I've never played a system game on Elliquiy before. What's the feel of the world we're adventuring in - is it much like a standard D&D setting? More of a Rennaisance feel? Some sort of magical steampunk setting like the Iron Kingdoms / Warmachine universe?

Also, is there rules for magic in this setting? Does it exist, and can players use it?

Does anyone have a concept for the type of character they wish to play?

LeSane

Quote from: Chaeronea on April 10, 2016, 01:33:07 AM
This seems pretty interesting - I've never played a system game on Elliquiy before. What's the feel of the world we're adventuring in - is it much like a standard D&D setting? More of a Renaissance feel? Some sort of magical steam punk setting like the Iron Kingdoms / War machine universe?

Also, is there rules for magic in this setting? Does it exist, and can players use it?

Does anyone have a concept for the type of character they wish to play?

For starters I will say it has a more Magic/Steam punk feel as to some technical advances such as an Airship that will come later (Spoiler). The world is a mix of things, but I don't want to ruin the surprise anymore than I have to in a few general concepts.

When it comes to magic of course it exists its a Fantasy setting that's like taking the basis out of fantasy without leaving anything fun. Players can use magic, but do not expect to be summoning pillars of fire in the start. Basic spells will be the name of the game until your character finds someone who can train them.

The last one was an open question for all so. . . have at it.

Outlaw Fallen

I've got a concept forming based around a character using an RWBY type of weapon since LeSane confirmed that there will be a sort of magitech in the world.
I will come reformed

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Chaeronea

Oooo.... I'm a fan of RWBY but I have to admit I hadn't thought bout mechashifting weapons like Crescent Rose, Gambol Shroud et al. LeSane, is there an equivalent to Dust in this setting What about the Grimm? Do guns auto-trump swords in this setting?

I was thinking of running a character who was the last survivor of a noble or merchant house who is determined to re-establish the fortune and legacy of his house. He's been trained by a couple of the few surviving family retainers in the use of arms and social graces in his bid to restore his family, but he's just come of age. So I was thinking Endurance 4 / Sense 5 / Combat Mastery 5 / Sexual Mastery 1 for his stats at this time.

Also, with mention of a Theocracy, is there a single church holding major political power within the realms?

Flower

I'm contemplating an archer/hunter type of character. Would that be permissible? If not, I can play a dual sword wielder.

LeSane

Quote from: Flower on April 10, 2016, 03:48:51 AM
I'm contemplating an archer/hunter type of character. Would that be permissible? If not, I can play a dual sword wielder.

I will allow it. Sorry if thats very open, but Im tired... Ive been up all day.

Flower

It's fine! May I ask where you found your pictures for this thread? I like how they look and would prefer to use it to search for my own.

LeSane

To be honest I went to google and typed in things such as 'Mage PNG' and the first image came along. I believe it comes from Fire Emblem series, but I am not so sure. As for the rest I they were lucky images I found along the way. I was manly looking for pictures that did not have a background as it looked cleaner than having one with all white or a scenery. Miss Flower I would just pic something that strikes your fancy rather than follow this method.

LeSane

Update List

• Created a character database thread for potential characters.
  • Made a link section for the up and coming threads.

LeSane

Those who still seek interest in the game please begin creating a character sheet, and private message them to me for review. If you need assistance I have created a guidance character in order to give a reference to those confused.

CurvyKitten

If you don't get all the spots filled let me know, I'm tentatively interested pending muse juice. :)

LeSane

Well no one has sent me a character sheet yet so things are free.

Outlaw Fallen

Character sheets are always the hardest part of any process for me x.x
I will come reformed

CurvyKitten

Quote from: LeSane on April 12, 2016, 03:39:43 PM
Well no one has sent me a character sheet yet so things are free.

Nods~ I just didn't want to step on any toes, of those that showed interest before me. :) I do have a question though, are their other races you are allowing or is it all just human? Sorry if I missed it in the write up <,<...>.>

LeSane

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 12, 2016, 04:11:01 PM
Nods~ I just didn't want to step on any toes, of those that showed interest before me. :) I do have a question though, are their other races you are allowing or is it all just human? Sorry if I missed it in the write up <,<...>.>
There are other races. Think of this place as a melding pot of races just ready to explode.

Kokaine

If I can find a pic I like I will have something submitted to you soon.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os