Lysistrata in Kenya

Started by Paradox, April 29, 2009, 09:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8025457.stm

Does anyone else notice the close parallels to Lysistrata's strategy?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Oniya

Not even the Lioness on the Cheese Grater?   ;)

It's remarkably effective strategy on the small scale.  How many arguments have ended with somebody sleeping on the couch and not getting any?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on May 02, 2009, 07:59:35 AM

It's remarkably effective strategy on the small scale.  How many arguments have ended with somebody sleeping on the couch and not getting any?
94 percent.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Oniya on May 02, 2009, 07:59:35 AM

Nay! Not even! :)

Frankly with mugs like that, who's signing up anyhow?  ??? Mr. Hairy Palm and I would be getting acquainted, not like we are all that estranged as it is  :-[ LOL

Long live the Lioness on the Cheese Grater!