News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Thread - Group RP Merry/Anita (Closed)

Started by Tizzation, October 21, 2011, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tizzation

Soral and I have been playing with the idea of starting a Meredith / Anita group RP. It would be based on the worlds created by Laurell K. Hamilton in the Merry Gentry and Anita Blake books. The setting would be in Memphis, TN. We haven't ironed out all the details and would love to talk more about it with interested parties.

ShadowWalker

Hrmm... would you be looking to combine the worlds?

The Merry/Anita worlds are technically separate; the fae in Bloody Bones work differently than the fae in Merry's world. I'd be more interested in a Merryverse RP than an Anita-Verse RP, but I prefer sexy sidhe to sexy vampires any day... :-P

~ShadowWalker

bubby

Been hoping someone would pop up the Merry-verse. It'd have to be a plot heavy as opposed to sex heavy game for me to be interested though. I'd LOVE to play Queen Andais.

Tizzation

Thank you Bubby and ShadowWalker for your interest!

We were wanting it to be plot heavy. We were also hoping to combine the worlds, but depending on interest, we could limit it to one or the other.
Looks like Merry is winning.. :D

Kay Tana

Oh. Time to break the books back out. Its been a while, but I've all of the Merry and about half the Anita. I kinda liked the intrigue in  the merryverse more and they really went into the dark past of the sidhe that you don't often see. My vote would probably lean that way depending on relative time frame and the "hook".

Kuje

I'm bummed we didn't get a new Merry book this year. :(

And I might be interested, depending on what the plot is, etc.

Josietta

Lunar is eeeeeevil.. he shouldn't have shown me this... I am a hardcore Merry/Anita fan. I love Merry above Anita and since I'm already in an Anita based game I'd love to see a Merry one. I was in a Merry one a while back but if there is one going again I'd love to see how it would be ran. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Bah.  I'm only evil lite.  I'm the Pepsi One of evil... just one calorie.  Not evil enough.  >.>

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Tizzation

Quote from: LunarSage on October 24, 2011, 08:09:22 AM
Bah.  I'm only evil lite.  I'm the Pepsi One of evil... just one calorie.  Not evil enough.  >.>

HA ha...

Soral

Hello everyone! Soral here! Tizz's lil sister and co-GM to this epic thread!

Alright... let us all talk about a possible plot. I was thinking of how we could include bits and pieces of Anita into our Merrverse. Now this RP will be BASED off of them, very similar, but not the same. Only original characters are able to be played, and characters of Laurell's will not exist and NOT be played.

Bubbly you said you would like to play Queen Andais well... you can play a character very similar to her, almost mirror her, but not the same.

Now what I was thinking of is that Anita's ghouls, vampires, and shape-shifters be the darker presence in Memphis. They are not sexy, seductive, or refined. They are dark, demented monsters in this world. Our sidhe characters, be they seelie or unseelie, are in danger. Vampires are growing in number, brutal murders are being committed by the shape-shifters, and there are numerous accounts of demonic possession being reported. All this is threatening their secretive existence in the world and causing chaos in their city of Memphis.

Remember this is all open for discussion I would like to come up with a plot that we all agree on and like so that this RP is fun and exciting!

So here is a question I think is very important in finding out what the next step is in the plot.

Do we want to all be a clan, live within a mound and the city? Or do we want to be independent from one another, understanding of each other presence in Memphis, and coming together as a force to reclaim our city and the peace once there?

ShadowWalker

I think the answers to those questions depends on the answers to a few more questions:

A) Are we all looking to play characters from the faerie courts, or are there some who would like to play vampires and/or shapeshifters, or possibly even plucky supernaturally powered mortals a la Anita?
B) Would we all be looking to play the same Court, I.e. the Unseelie (Merry's) Court; are there those looking to play Seelie, Sluagh, Goblin or Demi-Fae Court members?
C) Are we all looking to play Sidhe?

More or less, if we're all Unseelie Sidhe, then it makes sense-- is probably even requisite, even-- for all of us to be some sort of allied faction. If we're a collection of different creatures, that's a bit less needed.

Another question may be outstanding in that what will the status of the Court be-- are we like a mini-enclave of the Court outside the main courts of the books, or are we recentering the Court in Memphis rather than the central courts being located in Missouri?

~ShadowWalker

Josietta

I am happy to hear you are only accepting original characters. That does make me feel better about joining. The overlying plot sounds great as well! At first I was wondering just how you were going to mesh Merry and Anita-verse as they are both different enough they don't really go well together as a whole. I don't remember the Merry books mentioning much in the way of vampires and such and vice versa for Anita. I know they -briefly- mention it but it doesn't go into detail on those on either end.

Though, if I may be so bold to ask....

Just how many players are you looking to recruit?

I ask because if you are leaving it open to so many factions within the Merryverse that can get very complex. If you only have 10 players and all or nearly all are of differing origins (Seelie, Unseelie, Demifey, etc)  then it would be harder to put them all together for a main plot. Whereas if you have that same group but limiting it to all Unseelie with their allies or something similar it could work out a bit more smoothly. Personally starting out I would put it in one area/faction and when the game gets a bigger widen the arena to other factions. Spreading it out too thinly too fast could cause issues with character interaction and development as a whole. It takes a lot of work to glue something together that has warring backgrounds, like putting Seelie and Unseelie together.

I could see some mortal type supes or just plain mortals working with either side however.

Anyway.. just my two cents as well.

-Josi

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kuje

Having a restriction on the factions sounds like a good idea to me as well. Shadow's and Josietta's questions are pretty much what I would have asked, or what I'm wondering so I'm not going to repeat them. Grins.

Cold Heritage

I think I'd enjoy if we were all Unseelie and it was our sworn mission to take back the night from the vampires, the shapeshifters, and the demons. Putting the boots to vampires has had a special place in my heart since I discovered White Wolf. I'd be okay with the Fae also being part of some kind of secret underworld of magical beings unknown to the general populace at large (I get the impression that magic stuff is secret in this game from Soral's post - apologies if I've inferred wrongly). For the sake of convenience, I would prefer if we were all under some common banner (e.g. we're all sworn to bubby's queen character [if she choses to play such]) so we can all be on side and know each other and not risk, as Josietta describes, being too spread out to effectively play together.

I know I want to play a Sidhe.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Josietta

In both the Merryverse and Anitaverse, magic is known to the public. As are, vampires, werecreatures, zombies, etc.  Some of the more obscure occult creatures may not be well known amongst normal society but everyone knows about faeries and vampires/werecreatures.    They are almost always in the media. The thing with the fae though is that they aren't allowed anywhere but on US soil. The other countries of the world had banished them. They are allowed to stay only if they obey the rules. Most of which includes no god worship, which was the main reason for their exile in the rest of the world, I believe.  For better understanding on the verse try here.   As I understand however, the game is only loosely based on the verse and Soral is making her own version of how vamps and such interact?

I know in Anita Blake vampires dont' typically come out as the bad guy due to how the public views them. They are more like celebrities in some places and take their "coming out" to heart. However there are rogue ones who have to be taken out by vampire hunters and the like.

So I guess all in all, another question is -- just how close to the verses are you looking to get?

I am interested but just want to know some of the smaller details before I work myself up into a character. (I'm spread pretty thin with games and taking this one would only be for my own punishment because I love the Merry setting and character types so much.)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Caela

I would love to get in as an Unseelie Sidhe in a Merryverse game. I think most of the questions I would have have already been asked though so I'll state my interest and wait and see what the answers are. :D

Tizzation

I think we all can agree on playing only Unseelie sidhe, goblin, slaugh, demi-fea, or phouka or a mix of two so that we may all be together. Also I believe it would be best that we are all a part of a mini court centered in Memphis.

Cold Heritage gave me a great idea, plot wise, when he said that we would be "taking back the night" from the vampire, shapeshifters, and evil spirits. Very unlike the Anita series they will be hideous monsters without moral or ethic.

I imagine the vampire looking like this. Nothing like Anita's suave blood-suckers. I want to be rubbing shoulders with Laurell's world but nothing more, if that makes sense. We will be more about Merryverse and only taking the darker creature side of Anita's in our RP.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

No more than ten people shall be play, for now. Everyone will have one character. Humans have no knowledge of our presence in the world and this is what we shall be fighting to defend.

Soral

ALL PICTURES MUST BE REAL PHOTOGRAPHS. NO ANIME, CARTOONS, DOLLS, ECTERA. I made this character sheet as detailed as possible so that, since we are all part of the same court, then we should all know somewhat about each others character before we begin the RP. If there are things you are not sure about put N/A in the space or a ? if you are not sure.

[i][b]General Information[/b][/i]

[b]First name:[/b]
[b]Middle name(s):[/b]
[b]Surname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Date of birth:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Current residence:[/b]
[b]Relationship status:[/b]

[b][i]Traits of Voice[/i][/b]

[b]Accent (if any):[/b]
[b]Language spoken:[/b]
[b]Other languages known:[/b]
[b]Style of speaking:[/b]
[b]Volume of voice:[/b]

[b][i]Physical Appearence[/i][/b]

[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Skin colour:[/b]
[b]Shape of face:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing features:[/b]
[b]Build of body:[/b]
[b]Hair colour:[/b]
[b]Hair style:[/b]
[b]Complexion:[/b]
[b]Posture:[/b]
[b]Tattoos:[/b]
[b]Piercings:[/b]
[b]Typical clothing:[/b]

[b][i]Personality[/i][/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Personal goals:[/b]
[b]General attitude:[/b]
[b]Religious values:[/b]
[b]General sociability:[/b]

[b][i]Health[/i][/b]

[b]Illnesses (if any):[/b]
[b]Allergies (if any):[/b]
[b]Sleeping habits:[/b]
[b]Energy level:[/b]
[b]Eating habits:[/b]
[b]Memory:[/b]
[b]Any unhealthy habits:[/b]

[b][i]History[/i][/b]

[b]Birth country:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Childhood:[/b]
[b]Teen years:[/b]
[b]Adult years:[/b]
[b]Past places of residence:[/b]
[b]History of family:[/b]
[b]Briefly explain life story:[/b]

[b][i]Relationships[/i][/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]
[b]Siblings:[/b]
[b]Any enemies (and why):[/b]
[b]Children:[/b]
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Best friend(s):[/b]
[b]Important friends/relatives (explain):[/b]
[b]Love interest (if there is one):[/b]

[b][i]Combat[/i][/b]

[b]Peaceful or violent:[/b]
[b]Weapon (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Style of fighting:[/b]

[b][i]Magic[/i][/b]

[b]Innate Abilities:[/b]

[b][i]Others[/i][/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Current home:[/b]
[b]Favourite types of food:[/b]
[b]Favourite types of drink:[/b]
[b]Hobbies/past times:[/b]
[b]Guilty pleasures:[/b]
[b]Pet peeves:[/b]
[b]Pets:[/b]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[b]Favourite colours:[/b]
[b]Favourite type of music:[/b]

Does anyone have any more questions, comments, or concerns? Tizzation and myself are very open to all of your ideas. We are the GMs but we want the rest of our players to have some sway in what happens. Not too much because we have surprises in store. ^__^

LunarSage

I believe Josi is interested in one of those 10 spots and if I can I'd like to reserve one as well.  I should have a character worked up today or tomorrow.

Soral

Glad to hear that, Lunar! Can't wait to see you character!

As for everyone else here is this link to the OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122884.0

Josietta

Yes please do count me in for a place. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Cold Heritage

The Anitaverse had the rotter vampires. They were pretty ugly and heavy-duty - as I recall, the only way to be sure you got one was to take a flamethrower to them until they were well-done.

I guess then my question is what our characters would generally do for money. Could a character just be independently wealthy, and put on the public face of being old money? Or should we have jobs (fae 7/11 workers, here we come!)?

Josietta

I'm going to put this here for now... its a WIP. That character sheet is massive! :P

General Information

First name: Catriona
Middle name(s): NicAdair
Surname: A'Faar
Race: Sidhe
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Current residence: Memphis Mound
Relationship status: Married

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Slight Irish Accent
Language spoken: English
Other languages known: Gaelic, French
Style of speaking: silvery sweet
Volume of voice: softly spoken

Physical Appearence

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145lbs
Eye colour: Green
Skin colour: Ivory
Shape of face:
Distinguishing features: Hair and eye coloring are supernaturally tinted
Build of body: Lithe and Slender
Hair colour: Red
Hair style: Long and wavy
Complexion: Pale
Posture: Straight and Tall
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Typical clothing:

Personality

Likes: honeysuckle and cinnamon, late nights, old books, intelligence, charm, flirting, seduction, sweet whispered words, gardens
Dislikes: red caps, blood, being cold, polyester, deep pools of water, arrogance without warrant for being so
Education: Basic High School and Two year College Equivalence in Public Relations
Fears: Enclosed spaces (Claustrophobic)
Personal goals: To have a family and a station on the royal council
General attitude: Carefree with lawful alignments
Religious values: Gaelic in origin with Pagan influences
General sociability: A vertible social butterfly

Health

Illnesses (if any): None
Allergies (if any): None
Sleeping habits: Deep sleeper
Energy level: High Energy
Eating habits: Multiple small meals mainly consisting of vegetables
Memory: Terrible long term memory but short term in perfection
Any unhealthy habits: Sleeps late in the mornings and stays up too late at night

History

Birth country: Ireland
Hometown:
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
Past places of residence:
History of family:
Briefly explain life story:

Relationships

Parents: Father- Adair Araan, Mother- Leira Araan
Siblings: Older Brother- Rhonin, Older Sister- Dihanara
Any enemies (and why): None known
Children: None
Friends: Gandlin Goodswil
Best friend(s): A demifey named Keeshera
Important friends/relatives (explain): Father is on the council of elders/sidhe for the Unseelie
Spouse: Joraviel A'Faar

Combat

Peaceful or violent:Peaceful
Weapon (if applicable): None
Style of fighting: Self Defense/Judo

Magic

Innate Abilities:

*Fertility
*Plant and Vegetation Manipulation and Communication

Others

Current home: Memphis Mound
Favourite types of food:Sweet breads, fresh fruit
Favourite types of drink: honey mead, pomegranate juice
Hobbies/past times: Reading, Gardening, Going out to see a Movie
Guilty pleasures: Tragic Romance Novels, Reality Television, Long hot showers
Pet peeves: People who drum their nails or bite them, fast driving, ignorance
Pets: none
Talents: The ability to play nearly any Musical Instrument
Favourite colours: Green, Deep Brown, Most Jeweltones
Favourite type of music: none

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Caela

Will start working on a sheet tonight but wanted to ask, are there any hands of power in particular that you would prefer our Sidhe not have?

LunarSage

My own WIP:

General Information

First name: Joraviel
Middle name(s): Aegis
Surname: A'faar
Race: Half Sidhe, Half Troll
Sexuality: Straight
Current residence: Memphis

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any):
Other languages known:
Style of speaking: Average to Slightly Overbearing
Volume of voice: Average

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'9"
Weight: 260 lbs
Eye colour: Grey
Skin colour: Mediterranean, Slightly Grey
Shape of face: Chiseled
Distinguishing features: Slightly Grey Skin
Build of body: Very Broad and Muscular
Hair colour: Black
Hair style: Short
Complexion: Near Flawless
Posture: Straight
Typical clothing: Blue Jeans and a White T-Shirt with Thick Leather Boots when he doesn't have to dress up.

Personality

Education:
Fears:
Personal goals:
General attitude:
Religious values:
General sociability:

Health

Illnesses (if any):
Allergies (if any):
Sleeping habits:
Energy level:
Eating habits:
Memory:
Any unhealthy habits:

History

Birth country: USA
Hometown: Queensborough, NY
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
History of family:

Relationships

Parents:
Siblings:
Any enemies (and why):
Children:
Friends:
Best friend(s):
Important friends/relatives (explain):
Love interest (if there is one): Catriona A'Faar (Wife)

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Violent if provoked or those he cares about are in danger.
Weapon (if applicable): Large Two-Handed War Maul
Style of fighting: The School of "Hit Hard Enough and You Only Have to Land One Blow".

Magic

Innate Abilities:

*Great Strength and Stamina

*Skin of the Aegis: Joraviel is able to channel the magic of the Earth and harden his flesh to a rock-like consistency, allowing him to withstand injury that would fell any normal Fae.  In this form his strength is increased a bit as well but his speed is slowed somewhat.

Others

Current home:
Favourite types of food:
Favourite types of drink:
Hobbies/past times:
Guilty pleasures:
Pet peeves:
Pets:
Talents:
Favourite colours:
Favourite type of music:

Tizzation

Quote from: Caela on October 26, 2011, 08:16:06 PM
Will start working on a sheet tonight but wanted to ask, are there any hands of power in particular that you would prefer our Sidhe not have?

You are free to create your own or use one of the hands of power mentioned in the books...

Tizzation

Quote from: Josietta on October 26, 2011, 08:07:40 PM
I'm going to put this here for now... its a WIP. That character sheet is massive! :P

General Information

First name: Catriona
Middle name(s): NicAdair
Surname: A'Faar

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Slight Irish Accent
Other languages known: Gaelic, French
Style of speaking: silvery sweet
Volume of voice: softly spoken

Physical Appearence

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145lbs
Eye colour: Green
Skin colour: Ivory
Shape of face:
Distinguishing features: Hair and eye coloring are supernaturally tinted
Build of body: Lithe and Slender
Hair colour: Red
Hair style: Long and wavy
Complexion: Pale
Posture: Straight and Tall
Typical clothing:

Personality

Likes: honeysuckle and cinnamon, late nights, old books, intelligence, charm, flirting, seduction, sweet whispered words, gardens
Dislikes: red caps, blood, being cold, polyester, deep pools of water, arrogance without warrant for being so
Education: Basic High School and Two year College Equivalence in Public Relations
Fears: Enclosed spaces (Claustrophobic)
Personal goals: To have a family and a station on the royal council
General attitude: Carefree with lawful alignments
Religious values: Gaelic in origin with Pagan influences
General sociability: A vertible social butterfly

Health

Sleeping habits: Deep sleeper
Energy level: High Energy
Eating habits: Multiple small meals mainly consisting of vegetables
Memory: Terrible long term memory but short term in perfection
Any unhealthy habits: Sleeps late in the mornings and stays up too late at night

History

Birth country: Ireland
Hometown:
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
History of family:

Relationships

Parents: Father- Adair Araan, Mother- Leira Araan
Siblings: Older Brother- Rhonin, Older Sister- Dihanara
Any enemies (and why): None known
Friends: Gandlin Goodswil
Best friend(s): A demifey named Keeshera
Important friends/relatives (explain): Father is on the council of elders/sidhe for the Unseelie
Spouse: Joraviel A'Faar

Combat

Peaceful or violent:Peaceful
Weapon (if applicable): None
Style of fighting: Self Defense/Judo

Magic

Innate Abilities:

*Fertility
*Plant and Vegetation Manipulation and Communication

Others

Favourite types of food:Sweet breads, fresh fruit
Favourite types of drink: honey mead, pomegranate juice
Hobbies/past times: Reading, Gardening, Going out to see a Movie
Guilty pleasures: Tragic Romance Novels, Reality Television, Long hot showers
Pet peeves: People who drum their nails or bite them, fast driving, ignorance
Pets: none
Talents: The ability to play nearly any Musical Instrument
Favourite colours: Green, Deep Brown, Most Jeweltones
Favourite type of music: none

It is massive! Well, thats Soral for you!

Cold Heritage

Love the avi, Tizzation.

Marc Cohn Walking in Memphis <- Obligatory?

An idea that occurs to me is to add 'titles' to the character sheet. If it applies, people can toss them on, and ignore if not. I'm thinking like, how, you know, Merry herself had all kinds of titles, Doyle was the Queen's Darkness, Frost was Killing Frost, that other guy was the Green Knight, etc. Or maybe just aliases or appellations or insulting nicknames people whisper behind a character's back to be snide. Dunno if that fits (or, more likely, Soral threw it in there and I didn't read well enough to catch it), but thought it would be fun.

Kuje

I'll sit down and work out a char sheet and post it tonight or morrow for sure.

Tizzation

I like your idea Cold Heritage, so if anyone wants to add a title to their character, feel free to do so. Also if there is a particular position such as council member, head of house, guard, cook or seamstress that you might be interested in, I think that can also enhance the RP, as long as you feel comfortable playing that role.

Tizzation

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 26, 2011, 07:54:48 PM
The Anitaverse had the rotter vampires. They were pretty ugly and heavy-duty - as I recall, the only way to be sure you got one was to take a flamethrower to them until they were well-done.

I guess then my question is what our characters would generally do for money. Could a character just be independently wealthy, and put on the public face of being old money? Or should we have jobs (fae 7/11 workers, here we come!)?

Only a characters that can use their glamour or that can pass for a human can have jobs, seeing as how humans have no knowledge of our existence. Anything that our characters need should be available within the mound.

(Oh and thanks for loving the Avi, I love her too!)

Cold Heritage

A work in progress for me too.

General Information

First name: Kurst
Middle name(s): Arthgwr
Surname: mac Sláine
Titles: [Kurst] of Battles, Rus-born, Iceheart
Date of birth: December 31
Race: 1/2 giant, 1/2 Sidhe
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Current residence: Memphis
Relationship status: Single

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Slavic
Other languages known: Russian, German, Swedish, Danish
Style of speaking: Stilted, rarely employs contractions
Volume of voice: Quiet

Physical Appearance

Height: 7'1"
Weight: 346 lbs.
Eye colour: Blue. When angered, solid silver. If he were ever wakened to the fullness of his power, it would be ice blue, silver, then iron.
Skin colour: White
Shape of face: Square
Distinguishing features: When he is upset or angered the air around him chills and his breath will become visible as it is of lower temperature than the air around it. His eyes will change to silver under similar extremes.
Build of body: Heavily muscular
Hair style: Caesar cut
Complexion: Fair
Posture: Upright
Tattoos: Dragon tattoo on his upper left arm
Piercings: N/A
Typical clothing: Size 25 steel toed workboots, blue jeans, white t-shirt or 'wife beater' style shirt. Has several coats, ill-suited to Memphis, that he also wears: a Soviet-era infantry greatcoat, and a black long coat lined with polar bear fur featuring a high collar. He has a fondness for large belt-buckles, and will often wear one. In regular rotation are a silver eagle, a copper bear, and a golden hart.

Personality

Likes: Veal, beef, chocolate milk, sweet beer, bitter beer, vodka, big guns, proud horses, cairn terriers, red caps, goblins, bears
Dislikes: Court intrigue, duplicity, cats, parrots, cinnamon,
Education: GED equivalent
Fears: World peace, nuclear war
Personal goals: Slay the alpha of the werewolves with his bare hands
General attitude: Stoic
Religious values: Generalized reverence for the god and goddess
General sociability: Middling

Health

Illnesses (if any): N/A
Allergies (if any): N/A
Sleeping habits: Kurst sleeps at irregular intervals, frequently simply sleeping an hour or two at a time.
Energy level: Inexhaustible.
Eating habits: Great. Kurst eats like a beast at regular meals when given leave, and often snacks in between.
Memory: Adequate.
Any unhealthy habits: Indulges in fast food.

History

Birth country: Russia
Hometown: N/A
Childhood: Kurst was raised amongst his mother's people, and he was mocked for being small.
Teen years: His teen years were filled with ritual challenges, until he discovered he possessed the Ríastrad and savaged a giant who insulted his mother to death with bare hands and teeth. None dared insult or challenge Kurst after that, such was his fury and savagery once the Warp Spasm was upon him. He also fought against dragons, as they still remained in Russian in those days. The Zmey fell to his sword. Once, he ate one's heart, and it allowed him to speak and understand the language of birds. He bathed in the blood of another, reinforcing his already great resistance to harm.
Adult years: Kurst earned the title 'of Battles' for fighting in the battles of mortals upon Russia soil. Sometimes he would fight posing as a Bogatyr, other times as a mercenary. Although his supernatural nature was obvious once battle was joined, Kurst did not stay long after battles and he became a figment of fairy tales. He also fought Vodyanoy - earning their ire - and rescued slaves taken by them. In the modern era, he fought for Russia in the World Wars, posing as a peasant conscript.
Past places of residence: Russia, Denmark, Sweden
History of family: Kurst's father was Sláine the Hound, a grand hunter and warrior. He earned an exile of one hundred and one years and a day for crimes committed against his own mound, and a geas was placed upon him that he could stay in one place for no longer than a single cycle of the moon before moving on. His journey's took him far and wide, and in Russia Sláine laid with a giant woman and begat a son. Sláine, of course, was able only to briefly and sporadically visit his son because of his geas as the boy grew, but he strove to do his fatherly duty to his flesh and blood. After Sláine's exile ended, he returned to his mound and was shortly thereafter murdered - poison was laced in his wine cup, and he was ten days and ten nights dying.

His mother is a Russian giantess known as Maržanna. She is a loving mother. Although she disapproves of his choice to go and be amongst his father's people, she knows that all sons must find their own place in the world. As a gift to him, she took part of his spirit, placed it in an acorn, and hid it in the chimney of her home, which walks upon three legs.
Briefly explain life story: Kurst fights because he likes it, and because when he is in the thunder of battle he feels whole. He has never known the love of a woman or known the fraternity of a true boon companion. He killed his father's murderer, and defended a noble of the Memphis Mound, earning the right to be part of it by virtue of spilled blood as well as his claim due to his father's position.

Relationships

Parents: Sláine the Hound and Maržanna
Siblings: N/A
Any enemies (and why): Gwydion mac Llyrion. Kurst killed Gwydion's father as a reprisal for Llyrion poisoning Sláine.
Friends: N/A
Best friend(s): N/A
Important friends/relatives (explain): Abwyn Manaan mac Rab. Kurst acted as Abwyn's champion in a duel, defeating an opponent whose skill at arms far outstripped Abwyn's own. Kurst's motive was not altruistic - he was in a dark mood that day and spoiling for a fight, nothing more. The two, however, get along passingly well but they lack mutual interests. Abwyn is a gentle, peaceful soul - an incarnation of the solace and rest one can find in the darkness.
Love interest (if there is one): N/A

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Restrained violence. Kurst knows no greater love than the love of battle, but he knows to hold himself in check.
Weapon (if applicable): Kurst's greatest weapon is Sanglant. It is a broad, straight bladed sword with a bronze guard, handle, and pentagonal pommel. It was forged for Sláine, to aid him in hounding down his enemies: in Sláine's hand, any wound inflicted by Sanglant would not stop bleeding unless Sláine willed it or someone with a Hand of Blood interceded. For Kurst, however, the magic does not work, and wounds simply bleed excessively and are difficult, but not impossible, to staunch. Whether it is because the sword was made specifically for Sláine or because Kurst is a half-breed is unknown. He also owns a pair of Smith & Wesson Model 500 revolvers, and an AK-47.
Style of fighting: If he is in control of himself, Kurst fights with skill commensurate with his centuries of battle-experience. He is brutal and deadly, but emotionally in check for the most part. When the Warp Spasm is upon him, he fights savagely with no concern beyond killing his foe, employing mouth, hands, feet, and anything that might slay his opponent.

Magic
Because he ate the heart of a dragon, Kurst knows the language of birds. He may understand and speak to any bird. As he bathed in the blood of dragon, it has made him more resistant to harm, increasing an already truly superhuman durability manyfold.

Innate Abilities:
Conventional Sidhe capabilities; strength, and stamina greatly bolstered by his giant heritage, making them greater than those of a pureblooded Sidhe; durability over that of a pureblooded Sidhe due his giant's blood and as a result of bathing in dragon's blood; immunity to cold; the Ríastrad. Iron is less perilous to him because it is not a weakness of giants.

Kurst's magic powers revolve around cold, snow, and elements of winter, but he is, as all Sidhe, diminished in this modern time in comparison to what he could do in the past (though he never knew the height of power that those who were worshiped as gods and goddess in time immemorial knew). He could bring a large room to below freezing temperatures, but it would be taxing and that is the grandest feat he can perform in his current state.

His Hand of Power is the Iron Hand. He can turn his hands into iron, and manipulate iron (as well as steel, albeit to a lesser degree) - twisting its shape, making it rust, blunting an edge, and things of that nature.

He has sufficient glamour to pose as a mortal, but little else.

Others

Favourite types of food: Veal; beef; venison; bison
Favourite types of drink: Vodka; chocolate milk; sweet beer; bitter beer
Hobbies/past times: Of old, he would hunt great beasts, but due to the rarity of such things in modern days he turns his hand to amateur gunsmithing. He can, and does, handload most of his ammunition.
Guilty pleasures: French fries.
Pet peeves: People who do not pay attention to his choice of words; unwashed dishes left in the sink;
Pets: N/A
Talents: Excellent skill with almost all weapons of the old world; skilled marksman proficient with most common firearms; makes excellent veal orloff and beef stroganoff. He can drive, and well. He is also capable of operating as part of a tank crew for WW2-era Soviet tanks.
Favourite colours: Red, blue, white, black
Favourite type of music: Neue Deutsche Härte, but some glam rock has a special place in his heart.

Kuje

I think I got most of what I wanted to fill in, any questions then just ask. :)

First spoiler is pictures, second is the char sheet.

First name: Pyrois
Middle name(s):
Surname:
Race: Unseelie Sidhe
Sexuality: Heterospecies.
Relationship status: Single

Traits of Voice
Accent (if any):
Other languages known: Greek, Egyptian, and Gaelic
Style of speaking:
Volume of voice:

Physical Appearance
Height:6'0”
Weight: 180lbs to 200lbs
Eye colour: Tri-colored in order of light brown, amber, green. 
Skin colour: Pale
Shape of face:
Distinguishing features:
Build of body: Muscular
Hair style: Shoulder length, wind-blown.
Complexion:
Tattoos:
Piercings:
Typical clothing: Dark leathers, fur/feathered covered cloak, leather boots, metal kneecap guards, leather gloves.

Personality
Likes: Hunting, falconry, sword fighting, taking care of the Unseelie mounts.
Dislikes: How the mortals destroy the land without caring about the consequences, plus it drives animals away or kills them.
Education:
Fears:
Personal goals:
General attitude: Protector but also a hunter.
Religious values: Greek pagan and Unseelie Lord and Lady.
General sociability: Likes people but connects better with animals.

Health
Sleeping habits: Light sleeper
Energy level: High
Eating habits: Meat but doesn't mind vegetables.
Memory: Excellent, especially when it comes to animals, heraldry, hunting, falconry, and other past or present Sidhe hunts.
Any unhealthy habits: Truthful and honest.

History
Birth country: Greece
Hometown:
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
History of family:

Relationships
Parents:
Siblings:
Any enemies (and why):
Children:
Friends:
Best friend(s):
Love interest (if there is one):

Combat
Peaceful or violent:
Weapon (if applicable): Swords, daggers, bows.
Style of fighting:

Magic
Innate Abilities: Gifted with the ability to calm animals.

Others
Occupation: Caretaker of the Unseelie Sidhe mounts, and hunting animals.
Current home:
Favourite types of food: What he hunts but any meat or vegetables.
Favourite types of drink: Mead
Hobbies/past times:
Guilty pleasures:
Pet peeves:
Pets: A raptor that he raised as hatchling. Not so much a pet but his favorite hunting bird. The other is his chocolate horse, his favorite mount.
Talents:
Favourite colours: Dark
Favourite type of music: Anything with drums

Tizzation

Once everyone is satisfied with their Character sheets then please post them into the OOC.

Caela

I think I am actually going to withdraw my hat from the ring. Just not sure I could do the game justice right now. Have fun everyone!

Kay Tana

Ok so throwing this together with the music blaring. Might come out odd depending on my shuffle. Still a WIP though.

General Information

First name: Ezekiel  (aka Zeke)
Middle name(s): Braun
Surname: Autom
Date of birth: October 13
Race: Unseelie Sidhe
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Relationship status: Single, not looking for anything permanent.

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): None
Other languages known: None
Style of speaking: Very dry and crisp like fallen leaves in Autumn.
Volume of voice: Never speaks above an average tone of voice, except in extreme circumstances. Tends to actually talk softer when most would talk louder.

Physical Appearence

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 160lbs
Eye colour: Tri-colored rings in this order: Onyx Black, Maroon, and Pumpkin Orange.
Skin colour: Light gray as pure ash.
Shape of face: Slightly rounded with prominent cheek bones.
Distinguishing features: Three small scars on his right cheek from an iron chain.
Build of body: Slim with a wiry build.
Hair colour: Charcoal Gray
Hair style: Cropped short with half hazard spikes.
Complexion: Gray
Tattoos: One small oak leaf between his shoulder blades.
Typical clothing: Zeke typically wears a leather overcoat that has a the eye unable to focus amongst its chaotic swirls of reds and oranges. If a leaf can turn a color in autumn than that color is represented somewhere on his coat. The inside of which is an onyx black silk to match the rest of his outfit. Which consists of a black dress shirt and pants and a pair of turned down, hand tooled boots. His boots are the only other thing he allows to stand out as they are tooled with oak leaves, but as they are also black you have to be too close to see them in great detail.

Personality

Likes: Calm, peaceful moments to himself or with few others. Having meaningful conversations with others.
Dislikes: Loud, obnoxious people or places. Large crowds of people whether known or unknown.
Education:
Fears: None
Personal goals:
General attitude: quiet and unassuming
Religious values:
General sociability: When working he is very formal and business like, but when off duty can be easily interested in a long conversation or a friendly game.

Health

Allergies (if any): (this made me laugh) None
Sleeping habits: Falls dead asleep as soon as he lays down and snaps awake precisely when he wants to.
Energy level:
Eating habits:
Memory:
Any unhealthy habits:

History

Birth country:
Hometown:
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
History of family:

Relationships

Parents: Deceased
Siblings: None
Any enemies (and why): None
Friends: None
Best friend(s): None
Important friends/relatives (explain): None
Love interest (if there is one): None

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Peaceful
Weapon (if applicable): Scythe
Style of fighting: Combination of wide sweeping cuts and powerful, quick stabs.

Magic

Innate Abilities: Can make plants age up to and through their usual autumn term, but not beyond. Can make plants wither and die. Can move through any mundane forest easily regardless of underbrush. To a limited extent do the same to a fay forest depending on plant life.

Others

Current home: Room in the Memphis Mound
Favourite types of food: various breads and cheeses
Favourite types of drink: Vodka and Whiskey
Hobbies/past times: Reading and playing Chess
Guilty pleasures: romance novels
Pet peeves: dirty people and anyone deemed 'overly excited'
Pets: A cooshee by the name of Cain.
Talents: Quick witted and tends to remember anything told, or overheard, no matter how long ago.
Favourite colours: Reds and Oranges
Favourite type of music: Classical Violin

Karasu

Oh my god.. a Merry Verse game? I'm SO into that! *been craving one for so freaking long.*
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

bubby

Sorry. Been away, dealing with some stuff.

At first I thought about backing away from this game, but methinks it might work well for me...currently.

That is if I'm still able to play Queen? Are we indeed doing the 'taking over the night' scenario I noticed in an earlier post? I apologize for being behind, and i really won't be able to spend time on a char sheet until tomorrow sometime, because NOW I have to keep up with Josi! *Glares at!  :P *Plus, with needing to use a real pic...I have to search..more.

Am I still in?

Josietta

*giggles at Bubby and blows kisses* luff you! <333

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Tizzation

Quote from: bubby on October 28, 2011, 12:51:02 PM
Sorry. Been away, dealing with some stuff.

At first I thought about backing away from this game, but methinks it might work well for me...currently.

That is if I'm still able to play Queen? Are we indeed doing the 'taking over the night' scenario I noticed in an earlier post? I apologize for being behind, and i really won't be able to spend time on a char sheet until tomorrow sometime, because NOW I have to keep up with Josi! *Glares at!  :P *Plus, with needing to use a real pic...I have to search..more.

Am I still in?

Glad to have you back in the game bubby!

bubby

YAY! I'll work on making the char sheet, and hopefully have it done by tomorrow night at the latest.

Tizzation

All right, all 10 spots have been filled!!!

1.   Shadow Walker
2.   Josietta
3.   ColdHeritage
4.   bubby
5.   Kay Tana
6.   Kuje
7.   Karasu
8.   LunarSage
9.   Soral
10. Tizzation

Karasu

I'll make up a character.  Hey Bubby you want an assistant of sorts? XD *could make a very sexy guard*

Kuje

I had in mind that my char would be a guard as well as basically the stable master of the animals, etc.  Least, that's how I was writing it.

ShadowWalker

Damn this character sheet was long, but here it is:

General Information

First name: Gwynn
Middle name(s):
Surname: Nudd
Date of birth: Mythic age
Current residence: Memphis, probably has a place of his own outside of the Barrow but spends a lot of time @ the barrow as well.
Relationship status: Currently unattached.

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Speaks in fairly impeccable English; has adapted the American accent but has resisted southern twang.
Other languages known: Many
Style of speaking: Somewhat formal
Volume of voice: Deep but moderate.

Physical Appearence

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 215
Eye colour: tri-color rings, starting with a pale green, then two different shades of gray.
Skin colour: Sidhe white
Shape of face: Thick jaw
Distinguishing features: Body has a collection of scars of varying shapes and sizes.
Build of body: Broad of shoulder
Hair colour: grey/white
Hair style: Traditional sidhe length, i.e. long
Complexion: Gwynn's complexion is darkly swarthy
Posture: Poised but relaxed
Typical clothing: Tends to go about in motorcycle boots, black cargo pants and a black t-shirt.

Personality

Likes: A bit of a gun / weapon nut, Gwynn is also a fan of music and movies, an outdoorsman, and definitely a boozer. Gwynn is very fond of dogs, having a collection of faerie-hounds which answer his call. He is also something of a self-taught motorcycle mechanic. He is something of a war history enthusiast, ranging from the Civil War to keeping an active knowledge of current geopolitics; his primary conflict of interest is WWII, however.
Dislikes: Gwynn has some specific dislike of the Confederacy, which sticks out in Memphis; he further has a distaste for bullies and those who are cruel to animals, particularly dogs. He further has a strong distaste for those in the fae courts pursuing divisive agendas.
Education: Gwynn is highly educated, particularly in matters concerning history and war; his interests range from geopolitics to literature and social science.
Fears: As an immortal Sidhe warrior, Gwynn has few fears which he has not faced directly, some even in battle. Mostly he fears that those mortals in whom he has some interest will fall victim to the vagaries of the fae Courts.
Personal goals: Gwynn's goals are mostly simple; he seeks to resolve conflicts which could lead to the outbreak of wider spread violence as quickly as possible. This sometimes leads him to wade into budding conflicts he has no personal stake in to take quick, decisive, and sometimes violent action to stop the spread of conflict.
General attitude: Gwynn is very laid back and friendly most of the time.
Religious values: Gwynn eschews mortal religions, having been worshipped as a god himself at one point. He has a particular distaste for conservative christianity, though he is interested in some Daoist and Buddhist philosophy.
General sociability: Gwynn is in general a sociable, friendly member of the Court, save for those instances when he is drawn into courtly politics, in which case he tends to be gruff, blunt, to the point, and often willing to prove his point at the end of a blade.

Health

Illnesses (if any): None.
Allergies (if any): None, save the general Sidhe aversion to cold iron and steel.
Sleeping habits: Gwynn is a bit of a night person, and not much of a morning person.
Energy level: While laid back, Gwynn has a deep reserve of stamina and is rarely seen winded; he never seems to be lacking for energy.
Eating habits: Eats with a certain gusto; a fan of venison particularly but very much a fan of roasted meats of all sorts, cheeses, and fresh baked breads. He does not seem to have much of a sweet tooth, but is a coffee afficianado.
Memory: Highly acute.
Any unhealthy habits: None.

History

Birth country: Wales
Hometown: The wilds
Childhood: Gwynn has very little memory of his childhood, which would have been thousands of years ago.
Teen years: See above.
Adult years: See below.
Past places of residence: Glastonbury Tor, San Francisco; traveled widely with the army during the first and second world wars.
History of family: By legend, Gwynn's father is Nodens. Depending on the decision of the mods, that could mean he is the son of Doyle from the books, as Doyle's identity in myth was Nodens. In general, Gwynn's family is well married throughout the Sidhe courts, linking him to both the Seelie and Unseelie courts generally by marriage of siblings or cousins.

Gwynn was once worshipped as the god Gwynn ap Nudd, which constitutes the majority of his early life. Gwynn ap Nudd was a god of battle and the afterlife, said to shepherd the souls of dead soldiers to the underworld. Later in life he became a king in his own right over faerie kind in his corner of wales, well known as a protector of the wild woods. He also spent some time with the Wild Hunt, leading it at several points against those who had violated the sanctity of the woods. Gwynn was one of the most reluctant to recede from his role in mortal folklore when the courts faced the scourge of the spread of Christianity, and one of the first to immigrate to America when the Sidhe were invited by Thomas Jefferson. Taking mortal disguise, he fought with the Union in the Civil War, and involved himself in training soldiers for both the First and Second World Wars. He joined the peace movement of the 60's, and encouraged the idea of world peace.

Relationships

Parents: Nodens, Sidhe Lady of some sort
Siblings: Many, most married in some form or another to others in the Sidhe court.
Any enemies (and why): Gwynn has made some enemies in the fae courts for intervening in conflicts which threatened war, usually swiftly, bluntly, and often brutally. While Gwynn bears them no personal grudge, his end goal being mostly to circumvent the budding conflict, many may bear him personal grudge.
Children: Gwynn has probably had some children over his many many years, both among the fae courts and with mortals, but at this time I have no specific plans regarding them.
Friends:
Best friend(s):
Love interest (if there is one):

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Violent
Weapon (if applicable): Gwynn is proficient with most guns, is an excellent swordsman, and generally proficient in the use of most weapons.
Style of fighting: Gwynn has studied a wide array of martial combat forms. His current form is best recognized as a modified Krav Maga.

Magic

Innate Abilities:

Right Hand of Power-- Hand of Death's Command: Gwynn is one of the few Sidhe who can raise zombies and command them to do his bidding. Usually he employs this power mostly in combat, calling the recently fallen to rise and fight under his command, though the Hand of Power is not technically limited that way. It is more that Gwynn prefers to leave the dead to rest unless he has specific need of them. This hand of power is partly responsible for his legendary role of leading deceased soldiers to the underworld.

Left Hand of Power-- Hand of Blood: Much as Merry Gentry's Hand of Power, Gwynn can cause old woulds to open and gush blood. Overuse of this power is dangerous, however, as it can cause Gwynn's own many past wounds to open and bleed as well.

The two hands combined make Gwynn one of the most feared military commanders in the faerie courts, though most take comfort in the knowledge that Gwynn has mostly taken up the cause of de-escalating skirmishes between the courts and at large.

In addition:

Gwynn can speak directly with dogs in both directions (understanding them as well as speaking to be understood).

Gwynn is a preternaturally skilled woodsman, able to extend his senses to encompass the entirety of a naturally wooded area he is physically present in.

It is rumored that Gwynn can call the Wild Hunt, though this is not a power that Gwynn has been seen to exercise in at least a thousand years. He /has/ been known to call fae hounds to his service, sometimes even packs of them.

Finally, Gwynn seems to have knowledge of pathways and portals through reality, able to travel between localities through faerie passageways and the like. Gwynn has remained mum as to whether he truly remembers the pathways to the afterlife, but many speculate he still escorts the souls of soldiers he finds worthy to the underworld.

Others

Occupation: Currently, Gwynn operates a security consultancy firm which specializes in defending high-profile celebrities, and training security forces to contain outbreaks of mob violence with non-lethal combat techniques.
Current home: Gwynn has a residence in the Memphis Barrow, but he also has an estate in the Memphis ex-urbs, a moderately sized house surrounded by a deeply wooded area.
Favourite types of food: Venison, most roasted meats.
Favourite types of drink: Whiskey of most sorts, particularly bourbon, mead, dark red wines, and dark, craft brew beers.
Hobbies/past times: Gwynn raises and breeds dogs at his private estate, in addition to heading up a mixed martial arts dojo.
Guilty pleasures: Gwynn loves romance comedies.
Pet peeves: Bullies.
Pets: Gwynn has a number of dogs on his own estate.
Talents:
Favourite colours: Gwynn tends to favor black in his clothing selections.
Favourite type of music: Gwynn is a fan of rock music, less of a fan of country music.

Josietta

Wow so he's pretty much Merry, Doyle, and Rhys. Combined. Hmm way more powerful than I had this game pegged for.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

bubby

I also thought there was only one Hand of Power associated with any Sidhe....I could be wrong..been awhile since I read the books..

Karasu

Cold Heritage

Quote from: bubby on October 29, 2011, 06:44:24 PM
I also thought there was only one Hand of Power associated with any Sidhe....I could be wrong..been awhile since I read the books..

I thought Merry was fairly unique in having two, but a brief google search turns up Andais and Essus having two as well - Air and Shadow and Flame and Flesh, respectively. But it's been a while since I read the books, too, and I don't know how trustworthy the first couple google hits are.

LunarSage

I kinda figured the Queen was going to be the oldest PC in this game... Mythic Ages?  That seems a bit much in my opinion.

Karasu

I know for a fact int he books Merry, Andaias, the Sidhe king, (think his name's Tarannas?), and Essus were the only ones to have two hands of power.

Everyone else i believe has only one.

bubby

Quote from: Karasu on October 29, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
bubby ya never answered my question XD

Oh sorry! Lol. I'd prefer to just play stuff out in the game hun. If you make a Guard, he may or may not be the Queens fav, or even used by her. We ARE talking the Queen of Air and Darkness here.

Quote from: LunarSage on October 29, 2011, 07:31:29 PM
I kinda figured the Queen was going to be the oldest PC in this game... Mythic Ages?  That seems a bit much in my opinion.

+1 on this, but ultimately up to the GM's of course. Though I guess having an older or just as old as the Queen char would work, since it runs with the books theme. I mean look at all the Men. Ageless. However, unless he is the Sidhe King, he should be allowed only one Hand.

I'll take this opportunity to point out though that honestly...his age won't matter in certain aspects, like when the Queen orders something. Her word is law.

Sorry if I've overstepped my bounds Tizz and Soral!

Karasu

oh ya XDthe queen's a bitch. but ehh I'mma make something like Micar from my Drow game. XD

Tizzation

Quote from: bubby on October 29, 2011, 08:29:25 PM
Oh sorry! Lol. I'd prefer to just play stuff out in the game hun. If you make a Guard, he may or may not be the Queens fav, or even used by her. We ARE talking the Queen of Air and Darkness here.

+1 on this, but ultimately up to the GM's of course. Though I guess having an older or just as old as the Queen char would work, since it runs with the books theme. I mean look at all the Men. Ageless. However, unless he is the Sidhe King, he should be allowed only one Hand.

I'll take this opportunity to point out though that honestly...his age won't matter in certain aspects, like when the Queen orders something. Her word is law.

Sorry if I've overstepped my bounds Tizz and Soral!

Stop the madness!!! haha....

OK, In my opinion Shadow Walkers age is irrelevant. Age does not influence who the ruler is. Is it practical to say that bubby's character has been the one and only ruler of the Unseelie court forever? Monarchs can be killed, step down ( i.e Cel vs Merry) , ect. The way everyone has developed their characters, almost all of them come from different geographical locations. The sidhe race was once widespread and extensive across the world, until the last couple centuries, so lets say that Shadow Walkers char is ancient and so is bubby's... maybe she feels threatened by this like Andais was of Barinthus.
QuoteBarinthus/Manannan Mac Lir - A sea god and one of the Queen's Ravens, Barinthus is one of the most powerful members of the Courts. He was long known as the "Kingmaker" for his involvement in the selection of court rulers, and supported first Essus, now Merry for the Unseelie throne. Queen Andais fears that Barinthus may make an attempt for the throne himself, and he is the only member of the guards Andais has forbidden Merry to have reproductive intercourse with, for fear that Barinthus would become Merry's consort and the Unseelie King. Barinthus recently had some of his powers returned via metaphysical sex with Merry, and has become a member of Merry's guard.

That said, in regards to the 'two hands of power', lets limit it to one hand of power per character, to be fair to everyone.

Are there any other questions or suggestions or complaints? Soral and I welcome any and all queries, I want to make sure that everyone is on the same page and that all issues are laid to rest before we start.

Speaking of starting, I am planning on starting the actual RP within the next 48hrs.

SOOOOOOO YAY!!!...

-Tizzation

Cold Heritage

I would have no problem with bubby's queen having two.

Although it makes me uncomfortable to be critical of someone else's character, I want to express that I have similar misgivings about ShadowWalker's character as those voiced. The issue of the character's age is not something that concerns me, though - I have no problem with the character being born in time immemorial. What concerns me is that the character possesses many, significant, potent capabilities. The Hand of Death's Command alone is an incredible ability on its own, but when considered in the context that one of the factions our characters are to be in conflict with is vampires it becomes rather overwhelming. Just overall, the character seems much less diminished than the canon characters were before Merry reawakened their powers. The character is powerful to a degree that it does not really seem to fit in with the others.

bubby

I've spoken with Tizz, and Queen will have 1 Hand, that of shadow/darkness manipulation, and 2 innate...air suck outta a room and hearing things spoken on the night winds.