Russian Secret School for Love Spies - Pulpy Cold War setting

Started by RedEve, September 06, 2015, 04:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on September 08, 2015, 03:35:33 AM
Hmmm... but they would have to be taught stuff like bondage, just in case the target was into that sort of thing?

They would be instructed in a wide range of subjects.
Which might indeed go from the specifically sexual to things like flirting, seduction, ...
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

*grins* This is going to be fun.

We are in the era of Burgess, Maclean, Philby and Blunt; the Profumo Affair; The Cuban Missile Crisis; J.Edgar Hoover; The Korean War; The Suez Crisis; The Berlin Airlift; The USA having a sausage as president (JFK Famously told the world "I Am A Sausage" - "Ich Bin Ein Berliner", owing to some rather bad research. Mind you, he would probably not have done any better today if he'd used Google Translate!)

There were more leaks in the Western intelligence services at that time than you'll find in the Millenium Stadium next Sunday at 2:30pm BST.

Quote from: RedEve on September 08, 2015, 03:52:53 AM
They would be instructed in a wide range of subjects.
Which might indeed go from the specifically sexual to things like flirting, seduction, ...

He he...I can just see Col Krushenka flirting with the girls... "Your target may not be attractive. Your target may not even be male. Your target may not even be human (Uh no, wait, scratch that bit) You must be prepared for any and all eventualities. Now, try and seduce me!"

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Chrystal on September 08, 2015, 04:07:49 AM
*grins* This is going to be fun.

We are in the era of Burgess, Maclean, Philby and Blunt; the Profumo Affair; The Cuban Missile Crisis; J.Edgar Hoover; The Korean War; The Suez Crisis; The Berlin Airlift; The USA having a sausage as president (JFK Famously told the world "I Am A Sausage" - "Ich Bin Ein Berliner", owing to some rather bad research. Mind you, he would probably not have done any better today if he'd used Google Translate!)

Well, the Kennedy thing is an urban legend. The phrasing expressed "I am one with the people of Berlin" as opposed to "Ich bin Berliner" which would mean "I am a person of Berlin" in a literal sense, which Kennedy with his Boston accent clearly was not. Berliners the food (a type of pastry) aren't even called Berliners in Berlin.

Then again, if one of us is sent to seduce a certain young American senator in the 50s, maybe Kennedy and his sausage would appear.

Blinkin

I could be way off base, but with the mention of honey-pot, and the usual references, information was gathered by seduction and compromising the target in a variety of ways in a sexual manner.

Examples might include...

putting the spy into a position to be noticed by the target and a relationship is formed as a mistress. As men are usually want to do in the post orgasmic state, skillful pillowtalk revealed bits of information that could then be expanded on in other ways by the spy. In essence, the spy is given access by being trusted by the target. Usually a long term situation for the spy.

The spy lures the target into a twist and the target is photographed (recorded) committing an embarrassing, or illegal act and is blackmailed into providing information, sometimes through the honey, or another source. Usually a short term assignment with a lot of targets who feel like they're in a safe place.

There are others, but as torture leaves marks and the idea was to generate continuous, long term sources, it would be frowned upon. If you just wantedbeat the information out of him, there were plenty of sources for that from the 1940's up to the mid 70's via POW's from a variety of wars, conflicts and so on.

The 50's, 60's and 70's were the times when the CIA and the KGB worked constantly toout-spy the other by using more subtle ways to get long-term sources. There was even an upper level CIA guy who got trapped in the historical honey-pot for several years. There's rumors of military officers, even personages in government service getting trapped (Senators/concilmen)

The Soviet honey-pot was very successful for a few years, then the CIA got wind of it and tried to do their own, less successful verion in the 60's. The chinese still use it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chrystal

*shrugs* Ah, a doughnut, not a sausage. I knew it was something edible. Personally, I just listened to the end of the speech and I could swear he did use the indefinite article "ein", and I could also swear I heard laughter from the audience!

Of course everyone knew what he meant to say, but US presidents are well known for saying dumb things into microphones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSSRE27GQ0

The term for what Blinkin is describing is usually "The Badger Game" and it is as old as the hills. Originally iot would involve the woman seducing her target and then when they were in a compromising position a man would burst in and demand to know "What are you doing with my wife?", and demand payment in order to not either kill him in a crime of passion or reveal him to be a philandering adulterer.

With the advent of recording devices of course, the game became more sophisticated and gave the agent the option of working alone, and also allowed a much longer term form of blackmail. Of course the main issue with that approach is the reply "Publish and be damned!" which defeats the whole objective of blackmail, and can be reinforced by the victim going public!

The other method, similar to the above, is to drug the victim, then take the photos/recordings while he/she is unconscious. The victim has no idea that anything untoward happened and wakes up alone in their hotel room, and it is only when the first set of prints arrive in the post that they realise something happened!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Blinkin

Hey, everyone else was getting Jack's sausage, why not a russian agent?

I came across a news story from 2010 where a russian hony-trap almost caught an Obama staffer... Or, did she and then got caught? Need to actually read the articles.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Chrystal on September 08, 2015, 04:05:05 PM
*shrugs* Ah, a doughnut, not a sausage. I knew it was something edible. Personally, I just listened to the end of the speech and I could swear he did use the indefinite article "ein", and I could also swear I heard laughter from the audience!

The indefinite article makes the statement "I am a Berliner" less literal and more symbolic in German, he said it how he needed to. The laughter came from self-deprecating remarks he had made about his pronunciation when using the phrase earlier in his speech. It's funny how the myth snowballed. There were some reporters even claiming that citizens of Berlin don't call themselves Berliners, which is both not true and some you think they could have easily checked on.

Now on the subject of words with two meanings, I love the fact that the Soviet name for its female seductresses is "lastochka," which means "swallow" as in the bird but makes for a hilarious albeit presumably unintentional double entendre.

Quote from: Blinkin on September 08, 2015, 05:01:32 PM
Hey, everyone else was getting Jack's sausage, why not a russian agent?

I came across a news story from 2010 where a russian hony-trap almost caught an Obama staffer... Or, did she and then got caught? Need to actually read the articles.

That got blown a wee bit out of proportion, as can be read here. In a nutshell, someone connected with Anna Chapman, most famous of the Russian spies that were caught, tried to get close to someone with connections to an official. And when there's a story with sexy spies involved, the initial report gets quoted a lot while the clarification gets skipped over.  Kind of like how one article noted a neighbor of a spy couple that was caught joked "They couldn't be spies. Look what she did with the hydrangeas" and other stories based on the article treated it as serious.

RedEve

Hey gang, I hope to get the character sheet template up by Friday.
Perhaps tonight, otherwise sometime Friday afternoon.
Tomorrow is less likely as I'll be rather busy.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 09, 2015, 01:40:49 AM
Okay but I called the name Svetlana Doinya first.

This school is gonna have the best morning roll call.

RedEve

Found some time to write the template after all.
You can find it in the opening post.
Feel free to start sending me your concepts. But I will probably only be able to properly review them over the weekend.

Chrystal

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 09, 2015, 02:44:57 AM
Hmmm. Would people more enjoy a skinny blonde little miss perfect who will totally mean girls the other students and be a total teachers pet, or a plus size babe recruited mostly against her will on the theory that her bodacious curves will appeal to decadent americans who will be insecure and easy to boss around?

Yes...?

Both! *giggles*

Blinkin

And here I was just going to go with a simple name like Katrina Papalov...

I guess I need to go back and try to think of a sexy name or one with multiple sexual meanings... *chuckles*

Perhaps I'll ust give in to Pussy Willow....
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RedEve

I have added the first approved character to the opening post.
Will do so with each approved character.
Do be patient with me when you send a CS, I will be fairly busy between now and Friday, so there is a chance it might take a day or two before I get to yours.
Depending on when I get it and how much time I have to properly review it between then and now.

Chrystal

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 09, 2015, 03:01:09 PM
If we get you both pets you have to play with both of them!

Naturally - probably at the same time!

*snigger*

Quote from: Blinkin on September 09, 2015, 04:31:53 AM
And here I was just going to go with a simple name like Katrina Papalov...

I guess I need to go back and try to think of a sexy name or one with multiple sexual meanings... *chuckles*

Perhaps I'll ust give in to Pussy Willow....

Blinks, babe, you can use whatever name you wish!

Blinkin

Oh, I know. Was just poking at everyone. I should learn to not do that... It just gets me into trouble.

Not that trouble doesn't follow me around anyway... I use to have a cat named Trouble and he followed me like a love-sick puppy for 14 years... so Trouble did follow me just about everywhere.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dashenka

I'll keep my eyes on things for a bit. Looks good but not sure if I got enough time to handle another game :P
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

Funny thing, Dasha, I was wondering whether you might find this interesting, or whether you might find it offensive - a bit like setting a RP in South Africa under Apartheid might be offensive to some South Africans.

History can be a touchy subject...!

Dashenka

It's fiction. I'm not easily offended by that.

It should have been called Soviet Secret School but as I said, it's fiction :D

Besides.. we won the Cold War...  ;D

RedEve

Quote from: Dashenka on September 10, 2015, 03:36:09 AM
It's fiction. I'm not easily offended by that.

It should have been called Soviet Secret School but as I said, it's fiction :D

The title is lifted straight from the pulp novel.  ;D

Chrystal

Quote from: Dashenka on September 10, 2015, 03:36:09 AM

Yeah, like America won the War of 1812... *winks*

I'd say it was a draw!

Blinkin

That's the title of a book? Damn it, can't get it... *sighs* all the fun sounding books... lol

I thought that the cold war was over because someone finally paid the 'lectric bill...

Or the soviets finally got the secrets to rubatussan...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dashenka

We won the space race. Which is what the Cold War was about for a good part. We also had/have more nukes, a bigger standing army and much, much more land. We're also richer.

But the Americans invented propaganda so they will tell you differently :p

Or maybe that was the Soviets... Hmm..  ;)

gaggedLouise

Are you sure about winning the space race, Dasha? After all, the Americans were first with

- landing men on the moon
- creating a viable space shuttle system
- photographing Jupiter up-close, and all planets beyond it
- landing advanced probes on Mars and getting them to take colour pictures, analyze the soil and so on (while the Soviet Mars probes had failed or gone silent after just a minute or so on the ground)

::)

I'll admit Gorbachev mattered as much as Reagan to getting he Cold war to a peaceful end - or more than Reagan...

/Luiza, officially lurking on this one. It's a setting of a kind I love, but I don't thnk Iäll have the time to get into the game.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dashenka

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 10, 2015, 06:16:29 AM
Are you sure about winning the space race, Dasha? After all, the Americans were first with

- landing men on the moon
- creating a viable space shuttle system
- photographing Jupiter up-close, and all planets beyond it
- landing advanced probes on Mars and getting them to take colour pictures, analyze the soil and so on (while the Soviet Mars probes had failed or gone silent after just a minute or so on the ground)

::)

I'll admit Gorbachev mattered as much as Reagan to getting he Cold war to a peaceful end - or more than Reagan...

/Luiza, officially lurking on this one. It's a setting of a kind I love, but I don't thnk Iäll have the time to get into the game.

First object in orbit, Sputnik 1
First dog in orbit, Layka
First man in orbit, Yuri Gagarin
First spacestation, MIR

and right now the only country with an active space programme :D

Blinkin

And lets not forget a damned good hockey league should never be discounted.

I recall a quote from a book that I read so long ago that I've forgotten the title.

"Looks like a brawl where a hockey game broke out."

It's kinda like two southerners talking about which mother has the best biscuits... ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.