Zoids Colosseum (Intrest Check)

Started by DigitLninja, November 29, 2010, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Zoids are mobile battle animals that are both driven by pilots and have artificial intelligence of the animal they represent. Zoids can very from large cats to dinosaurs to worms and can travel almost anywhere on the planet. Facing a wild Zoid can be quite dangerous but when tamed a Zoid can be the best friend of it's pilot.

Zoid pilots have several ways to use there skills to earn money, the most popular way is to take part in the Zoid Battle Tournament. The Zoid Battle Commission is the pride of Planet Zii and make sure that all Tournament related battles are safe and within the defined laws, as they are also the police of all Zoid activity. Zoid Pilots may only take part in the battle tournaments in teams of three, there is a possibility of one on one matches but a pilot cannot participate if he doesn't have a team both for battle and financial backing. Teams usually consist of three Zoid pilots and a financial backer who is usually not taking part in the actual battles unless under extenuating circumstances. A financial backer is usually necessary for purchasing new parts or repairing a Zoid after battle as numbers can easily reach the one hundred thousand mark. There have been teams of only two Zoid pilots, and even teams that have the financial backer as the team leader so what's common isn't necessarily what's required.

The Tournament it's self consists of several different Battle Modes that evoke various forms of battle between two teams. There are various Classes that determine who you will be fighting and weather or not you earn your way into the finals known as the Royal Cup, that can earn a pilot the coveted Class S as well as a large amount of prize money for the team. All teams begin at Class D and five wins are required to advance to Class C, if a team takes a loss they must make up for it with another two battles to advance to the next Class. Only Class A teams can participate in the Royal Cup unless they are lucky enough to win the random drawing to allow participation. Prize money is usually given based on the damages and ammo used by all Zoids in battle allowing enough money for repairs and parts / supplies for the winning Zoid team. Every so often 'Speed Testing' is required, that gives a general assessment of Zoid speed and general stats as well as Pilot reaction times that will be posted for all pilots to see as general information.

This is a system game, the system will be explained in the Character Thread.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DigitLninja

By anime and game customs I assume you mean Liger Zero and his armor modes, and I have not played any of the games...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

DigitLninja

Well I limited Liger Zero to only one secondary armor mode of your choice, as for everything else I suspect that people will be choosing from the list on the Wiki which is rather limited and the biggest Zoid is owned by the Zoid Battle Commission which is the Ultrasaurus.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

Character thread is fine, if there are any issues I'll pm you about it. ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

Hmm...trying to decide if I should use the Mugen Liger, or something else...

Wolfy

Wolfy

Every other Zoid I'd want is either Overpowered (GenoBreaker, Berserk Fuhrer, Energy Liger) or a fusion of three different zoids.lol

Edit: Actually, I think I'll go with the Slash Liger.

Though...that means I'll need an attractive female team mate to back it up with the Snipe Liger...or Gunsniper. o3o

DigitLninja

GenoBreaker is allowed Berserk Fuhrer and Energy Liger arn't
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

I love the Shadow Fox which is why I chose it ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

DigitLninja

alright post up your character and get ready to play.
Quotes to Live by:

Wolfy

Wolfy

Actually yes....it's surprisingly fleshed out for a Non-Model Zoid that also never appeared in the Anime or games. O_o (as far as I know, anyway)

It has an entire Back Story and everything. O-o

Wolfy

And already I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this roleplay..>_>

DigitLninja

KaylaM as much as I appreciate your Zoid knowledge and skills I need to ask you to relax a bit as I don't want to scare away potential players for the game. Let them chose what Zoid they want to use and I will approve or disapprove of it. You are welcome to help me figure out ideal stats for various Zoids lacking in that area but please refrain from putting someone down for there choice in a Zoid.

Wolfy if you are at all still interested I would very much enjoy playing with you, if not then I apologize.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

Dang I'mma have to dig up my Zoid from your original Zoids thread.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Blobbe

Sorry 'bout that. I was just having some fun.

DigitLninja

It's alright, that is kinda what we are all here for. ^_^

Now let's just keep bringing in interested people. If you have friends who might be interested then by all means send them this way.
Quotes to Live by:

SimonSez

Love the cartoon but never played the games n.n

DigitLninja

I have played two of the Zoid games... One I never beat because I reached a boss that no one could beat... and the other I haven't finished because I'm stuck on a level.

as for the shows, chaotic century / Guardian Force is good, New Century is awesome, fuzors needs to be burred deep within the crust of the earth, and I enjoyed Genesis.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

O_O

The opening sequence for Fuzors promises us that the energy Liger and Liger Zero can combine into a weapon of awesome magnitude and give us this false idea that we are about to see the epitome of Liger combination that will provide them with a counter to the Charged particle beam... Then we find out the Energy Liger is just an experimental Zoid piloted by the evil guy and is destroyed by the hero effectively ruining the most anticipated combination among Ligers.... and since the entire series revolves around the Energy Liger myth it ruined all Fuzors for me.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

boy am I glad I'm not so picky about what I watch.  Aside from reality TV and non-animated shows.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

Poor Saiko, he can't seem to find any zoid that he wants, and when he does find one, he finds out that all of its  kind were destroyed by a meteor hitting one of the planets moons or became obsolete and were replaced with models he doesn't want.  As per the usual, he and I plan on being a team. What will be unusual is that he and I are actually going to have our characters start out in a relationship, rather than the innocent "they both like each other, but haven't admitted it yet."
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

DigitLninja

I was hoping / predicting that would be the case ^_^
Quotes to Live by: