Wars of the Roses II: Return to Rosebriar [Complete]

Started by Valerian, October 21, 2009, 06:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

The Roles:

Roses: Most players will be Roses, the villagers of Rosebriar, trying to keep their village safe.

Thorns: There will be three Thorns, who want to take over the village, at any cost.

Bee: There will be one Bee, who has the knack of learning others' roles.  This player can choose one other player during each night via PMs and request to learn that person's role from the storyteller (me). 

Ladybug: Each night the Ladybug will be able to send the name of one other player to the storyteller via PM, and thereby protect that person from the Thorns.  They cannot protect anyone from being lynched by the villagers.

The Rules:

Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

-The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, one of the Roses (an NPC) will die!  The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed, and will discover if their choice was a wise one.

-That night, another will die at the hands of the Thorns, unless the Ladybug happens to intervene.  The next day, the cycle repeats itself, until a winner is declared.

-Do not vote to lynch yourself.

-The Ladybug has the option to protect him/herself only once during each game.

-The Thorns will all know each other, but no one else will be sure who to trust.  Will the village ever be safe again?

-Questions can be directed to me via PM, or asked in the OOC thread.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

It was a cool morning in early spring, mist hanging low over the valley.  The villagers were waking up, going about their business, and at first, no one realized that there was one of their number who had not yet risen.  Then someone realized the terrible truth: Charles Lawson was dead, killed in the night, his blood staining the floor.  The signs were unmistakeable -- their old enemies, the Thorns, had returned, as they had threatened to do generations ago.

The village was in turmoil, and no one knew which way to turn.  If Charles could fall to the Thorns, then no one was safe.  Something had to be done!

The Players:

• Bliss (Drama Llama)
  • Doomsday Jesus (Darkly Dreaming Doomsday)
  • (Elusive) Elandra
  • Kurzyk (Khelek)
  • LadySky (Lady Leopard)
  • Marguerite
  • Morningsdreams
  • Remiel (O'Lantern)
  • Ryven (Scaryven)
  • sinera
  • tes11
  • Xandi

Let the lynch voting begin.  Choose wisely!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kurzyk

It was a mysterious morning, or at least that was Kurzyk's perception of it. Most of the days were shiny, but today clouds coated the sky like a gray blanket. To the east, a sharp red lined the horizon which filled his heart with dread. Red always meant conflict or trouble, or so the superstition went.

Shaking his head, he reached Charles' door. He knocked on the heavy wood and was surprised when it slowly swung open.

"Hey buddy you home?"

Blood coated the floor with spatters on the floor. window and over the furniture. Charles had been brutally killed. His mangled body lay crumpled on the floor in the kitchen.

In shock, Kurzyk rushed over and felt for a pulse. His own heart pounded in his chest as the realization of what had happened flooded his mind.

Ryven

Ryven strolls down the street toward Charles' home to make his morning delivery of muffins to find the door open.  He peers in curiously, knocking softly on the open door.

"Charles?  Your door is open.  Can I co--"  He began to say until he saw the man lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood.  Kurzyk was standing near him, one hand checking for a pulse.

"My god!  What's happened here?!"

LadySky

LadyLeopard stretched and yawned slowly coming awake as the sunlight shone down upon her face. Another day and she was thrilled, life in the garden was always pleasant and beautiful. She climbed down from her tree house, located in the heart of the garden and set about greeting all the new blooms and bright rosebuds surrounding her home.

Coming upon Charles's home she felt a funny flip in her belly as she spied the door wide open. It was unlike Charles to leave the door ajar that way unless he was outside tending his own roses.

Stepping up beside Ryven she looked to see what was happening. Her smile vanished and a scream sounded throughout the village as she froze in place.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Elandra

She had slept in, not much, but a little and so it was the anguished scream that caused her to bolt upright in bed. Quickly she rose and dressed, leaving her quiet abode and running toward the direction of the scream.

She arrived at Charles’ home just after LadyLeopard, only to see the man and been torn asunder. Devastated, Elusive Elandra fell to her knees, her words of sorrow spilling forth, though not a one made sense as she sought comfort in anyone that was willing to offer it.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Doomsday

Doomsday wanders in, being dragged around on sinera's leash. Noticing the dead body inside, he ponders to himself that perhaps a Dexter theme was not the best choice for this game. Unlike the rest of them, he's not scared of harmless corpses, though his naturally inquisitive nature kicks into action. "Hmm. That doesn't look like an accident. So which one of you dastardly baddies stuck him?"

Kurzyk

Kurzyk sat back against the kitchen counter in shock, blood all over his hands from checking Charles' pulse.

"He just... was like this when I arrived. I..." Shaking his head he looked dazed, then looked at the others confused.

Remiel

Despite the overcast sky, and just a hint of a bite in the air on this crisp, spring morning, it was shaping up to be a good day.  Every day was a good day in the village of Rosebriar.  After all, the village was world-reknowned for its eponymous crop of roses, which were larger, more vibrant, more fragrant, and came in a larger variety of colors than anywhere else in the world.

Remiel was in his garden, carefully pruning some weeds from his prize Blue Fire rosebush, when he heard the  scream shatter the morning tranquility.

Dropping his pruning shears, he raced in the direction of the scream's source, which turned out to be the house of Charles Lawson.

Upon entering the house, Remiel's face went pale.  Who would murder Charles? He was universally liked, as far as Remiel knew.  Everybody got along well with him.  He didn't have an enemy in the world.

Well, apparently, he did.

"My God," Remiel gasped, his hand flying over his mouth.

Autumn52

Xandi is tending her roses this morning when she hears a scream one of which she has never heard the like.

Xandi rushes toward the sounds and enters Charles Lawson's house, where everyone seems to be gathered. She walks up beside Elusive Elandra, who seems quite upset, making no sense at all. Putting her hand out to comfort Elandra and then looks to where everyone is staring, saying at the same moment, What is going.........and she sees it...Charles on the floor torn to shreds, bloodied, Xandi gasp and then says, What happened? Poor Charles he was such a kind soul. Oh my god who would do this? Reaching out further to comfort Elandra, now understanding her upset, I pat her back to easy her grief and my own.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

sinera

Sinera was swimming in her garden pool, enjoying the scents and sounds of Rosebriar, when suddenly a scream ripped through the air.

She quickly swam to the edge, got out and wrapped a towel around her loosely. She wasn't even completely dry when she ran toward what was obviously the source of the scream; other Roses were huddled near the door of Charles' home.

She slipped in through the door and gasped at the carnage, burying her face in DDJ's chest to close out the sight of what remained of poor Charles.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Elandra

She rose, taking comfort in Xandi's hand upon her back, pulling her in closer unconsciously for a hug, before she voiced her thoughts, "perhaps we should tell the others in the village and then talk about whom among us has done this dastardly deed." Her voice quivered as she spoke, unable to look at the body any further, she buried her face into Xandi's shoulder.

Remiel

"That's right," said Remiel, once he had the chance to get over the initial shock.  "It could only have been a Thorn who would stoop this low."

Everyone knew about the Thorns.  They were a secret group of conspirators who wanted to sell the village to RoseMart(TM), an evil mega-corporation which had been after Rosebriar's world-reknowned roses for years.  They had offered to buy the village, but most of Rosebriar's inhabitants had bluntly refused.

Charles Lawson had been one of the most vocal critics of RoseMart.  As long as the Roses refused to sell, RoseMart could do nothing; but if the Thorns could eliminate all of their opposition, they stood to make millions from the sale.

"None of us would do something like this," Remiel added, warily glancing around the room. "...Right?"

Autumn52

Xandi wraps her arms around Elandra in a comforting hug.

I don't understand what is going on? This can not be happening, not here in Rosebriar. The Thorns, they are not among us.... are they? How could this happen?

Xandi turns to Elandra burying her face into Elandra's hair in an attempt to block out what is going on.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

LadySky

LadySky looks about the room and tries to figure out who is unaccounted for. Seeing that there are a few who have not yet shown themselves she whispers a name....unsure if her choice is right or wrong but sure that something must be done to stop the Thorns attack.

"Bliss(Drama Llama) is not here.....why I wonder?" she says softly.

((OK! I made the first vote!))
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

desert ashes

The last of her homemade strawberry pies was just coming out of the oven when Morning heard the initial screams, and although her curiosity was incredibly peaked, she wasn't about to let her precious pies go unattended. 

She'd barely peeked her head around Charles' doorway, pausing to hear the last of Remiel and LadySky's words, before she shuddered.  The doorway was quite close enough to the body, really. 

"I don't see Marguerite either," she chimed in after looking over the nearby faces.  Craning her neck, Morning attempted to get a better look without having to get too close to the body.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Kurzyk

Kurzyk stood and thought for a moment while looking around the room then at the corpse.

"These wounds look like they could have been made by sharp incisions." He knelt at the body, and looked at the bloody wounds that coated Charles' body.

"See here," he pointed to a massive wound in the center of the chest and another in the lower abdomen. "These all look like stab wounds."

Standing he took a step towards the group.

"Remiel, you usually tend to your garden in the mornings. A pair of shears could have inflicted these wounds." Reaching for a dishtowel he began wiping his bloody hands.

Autumn52

Well if we are talking about people who have not shown up yet tes11 has been very quiet, and he is new to our village.

But Marguerite is never so quiet, it seems strange to me that she begin a sudden quiet streak today, of all days.

Ryven

Ryven eyes all the suspects.

"Since we have nothing to go on, let's keep the trend of one vote for everyone going.  I vote for Doomsday Jesus."

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (2) - morningsdreams, Xandi
Remiel (O'Lantern) (2) - Kurzyk (Kehlek), Elandra
Bliss (Drama Llama) (1) - LadySky/Leopard
Doomsday Jesus (Darkly Dreaming Doomsday) (1) - (Sca)ryven
Kurzyk (Khelek) (1)
LadySky (Lady Leopard) (1) - sinera
Xandi (1) - Marguerite
(Elusive) Elandra (0)
Morningsdreams (0)
Ryven (Scaryven) (0)
sinera (sinderella) (0)
tes11 (0)

Yet to vote: Bliss, Doomsday, tes11

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Bee, 1 Ladybug, and 7 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

Sinera narrows her eyes as the accusations start to fly. "Seems to me LadySky was quick to point fingers. Perhaps she is trying to deflect suspicion from herself!"
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Marguerite

Marguerite rubbed her eyes and glanced around. "For one thing, I have been dead with the sickness that has been going around. That is one of the reasons I have been quiet and not around. I vote for Xandi because she has something against sick females."

[Really, I have been sick and have not had a chance to reply in many threads]
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Remiel

Remiel blanched as Khelek accused him of the foul deed.

"Yes, and I was in my garden all morning, doing some weeding and pruning, " he pointed out.  "I could not have had time to murder poor Mr. Lawson.  If we're going to be throwing around accusations, though..."

Suddenly his eyes narrowed.

"You, Khelek, were first to discover the body, were you not? How can we be so sure that you didn't do the deed, and then just pretend to 'discover' him? Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw you skulking around Charles' back door last night..."

Elandra

Taking comfort in Xandi's arms, Elusive Elandra looked up and nodded as Khelek spoke. His logic was sound and so she too put her voice to Remiel as the one who must be guilty of this foul deed. Was he not attempting to defend his name too much?

Doomsday

Doomsday sits up on a chair, kicking off his shoes and hugging his knees to his chest. "This helps me think," he explains. "Hmm. I have no leads as to who it could be, but I'm not very fond of being accused of murder. I think Ryven had something to do with this."