The Kingdom Of Alaywin - fantasy in an icy setting

Started by RedEve, December 25, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

I have a quick question! Can we include an occupation or specialization (job-wise) tag to our Character Sheets? So we know who does what in each group and such?

- Rainbow

RedEve

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 27, 2013, 04:22:33 PM
I have a quick question! Can we include an occupation or specialization (job-wise) tag to our Character Sheets? So we know who does what in each group and such?

- Rainbow
This can be covered in the background section of the CS.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

I am going to sign off for the day soon, but I wanted to make it clear to all of you who have already PMed me their CS that if I have not yet replied, this does not mean that I haven't read your CS or do not like it.
I want to take my time with the approval process, and that means that I would like to get a better idea of the proposed roster before I send you some feedback.
Partially to create a balanced group of characters, and partially because some things might only occur to me once I have a better overview of the complete cast of PCs.
But in general, most of the characters I have already received are pretty good (perhaps with a few tweaks here and there).

Chrystal

Quote from: RedEve on December 27, 2013, 04:32:12 PM
I am going to sign off for the day soon, but I wanted to make it clear to all of you who have already PMed me their CS that if I have not yet replied, this does not mean that I haven't read your CS or do not like it.
I want to take my time with the approval process, and that means that I would like to get a better idea of the proposed roster before I send you some feedback.
Partially to create a balanced group of characters, and partially because some things might only occur to me once I have a better overview of the complete cast of PCs.
But in general, most of the characters I have already received are pretty good (perhaps with a few tweaks here and there).

No news is good news, huh?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Vaulera

Are you still accepting character applications, or are things signed, sealed and set to go?

RedEve

RedEve

Meet your Queen/that Assys whore-bitch (depending on what faction you belong to. :P)

Name: Amargith Lanaul – the Third of her name
Faction: Assys
Background: Queen Amargith the Third assumed the throne at age 22, following in the footsteps of her great-aunt Lendela Lanaul, who had ruled Alaywin for nearly four decades and had died at the age of 71. She owes her status as ruler to the fact that the Lanaul still hold the claim to being the most powerful of the three Arcane families. The Sareev, the other faction with a decent claim chose not to challenge the Lanaul successor. Whether they did so out of respect for the Lanaul clan or if they saw the throne as something of a poisoned chalice in this era remains unclear. Whatever of it, Amargith the Third has been plagued by many problems large and small long before the Pale Ones emerged. The lack of a great magician amongst them for several centuries has caused many problems of its own. The enchanted superstructures that needed magical upkeep had not been getting enough of it, and several of them are now in a state of embarrassing decay. The greenhouses, which were charmed by spells that quadrupled the intake of sunlight, have now faded to where they barely function better than a non-magical equivalent. In general both the capital city of Anggar and the surrounding Assys settlements have seen better times, and so have their people.

Amargith the Third had a comparitevely easy life prior to assuming the throne. She was the only child of Yrmyr Lanual, the man who became the de facto leader of the Lanaul clan after his sister Lendela had assumed the throne. Like her aunt before her, Amargith proved to be especially skilled in the arcane arts, certainly compared to her generational peers amongst the Arcane blood-lines. The reality was that many of the spells and magic described in the old texts were now beyond them. Even Amargith, who truly was the greatest magic wielder remaining, would have barely stood out amongst the Children of the Ancient had she been born 400-500 years earlier.

Where Lendala Lanual stayed celibate as a conscious choice, Queen Amargith’s own single status is more a consequence of her circumstances. With the Kingdom going through a crisis of sorts, she has been far too preoccupied with maintaining what she can of its past splendor to devote much time to finding a mate, let alone arranging a royal wedding. Indeed, some of her advisors even suspect that their Queen marrying when the Kingdom is slowly turning into ruin in front of their eyes would anger many Assys.

Other: /

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

catherinehellfire

Is there a way I could be one of the ones who still has some magic?
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

RedEve

Quote from: catherinehellfire on December 29, 2013, 01:34:27 AM
Is there a way I could be one of the ones who still has some magic?
Sure, but take into consideration that even Amargith's abilities will be rather modest, so the other Assys would be even less formidable magic wielders.

Vaulera

So, originally being from Denmark myself, I'm drawn to the prospect of being a viking, but there is something I would like to ask. Is there a gender bias within the fantasy realm's version of vikings? I ask because I do love playing a warrior, but if I can't play a female warrior viking, then I'll consider a different position.

Chrystal

I'm guessing that Eve will say you can be a female warrior Viking by all means. I don't like games which limit the roles women can play. I prefer to limit the roles men can play.... *coughs*

RedEve

Viking war-maidens are permitted (and even somewhat encouraged since most of the warrior types I have received so far have been male). :)

Vaulera

Okay, cool. Now, can you tell me a bit more about the vikings themselves, because I'm very familiar with real-world vikings, but fantasy vikings could be a whole different story. Are they identical, do they worship a different pantheon, do they raid and burn the same way? And of course, I will be submitting a female viking, knowing there isn't a gender bias.

Chrystal

Valuera, why does your avatar make me want to get out a big wooden paddle?

Crimson Caine

I tried to avoid making my character idea too much of a warrior and more of a godi.  I was assuming believes would be fairly similar as far as the Gods and worship.  Hopefully that was correct. :-)
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

RedEve

Quote from: SGTDan on December 29, 2013, 07:05:50 PM
Can one make a pair of characters?
Since I have a rather large group of people already, I would prefer if everyone stuck to just one character, at least initially.

Chrystal

So when do we get to hear if our characters need to be changed?

RedEve

I am still waiting for a couple of CS, I would prefer to have most of them in before I start sending out my feedback.

Vaulera

Chrystal

What soryt of pic are you looking for? Perhaps we can help?

RedEve

It's quite alright to send the CS as is, and then send me the artwork once you find it.

In terms of the character sheets themselves, I hope to start sending you feedback by the end of the week.
Today and tomorrow will be busy with festivities, and Thursday will be the first day of work in 2014 as well as my jobs New Years function, so odds are low that I will be able to send out my replies then either.
The most realistic time by which you all can expect my replies is on Friday (and possibly Saturday or Sunday).

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 30, 2013, 05:37:42 PM
I'm looking for a male Archer, blonde and blue eyes obviously, but he can't be wearing any kind of armour. That doesn't fit with the background of my character. He's a craftsman and a hunter rather than a warrior, so he wouldn't wear or even own armour. I haven't found an image that I like yet.

Hmnm, i see what you mean... Not many.

Yo may have to photoshop the ears off an elf?