Interest Check [Pathfinder -Skull & Shackles]: Casting Complete.

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 10, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

New Draft! 

Ionnia Tivalt, daughter of Vors Tivalt, graduate of the Arcanamirium

Chaotic Neutral (Good tendencies)
Human (Taldan) Female
Homeland:  Absalom
Wizard (Evoker) 1

Height:  5’3” 
Weight:  125lbs

Strength      12   +1
Dexterity      12   +1
Constitution      12   +1
Intelligence      20   +5
Wisdom      10   +0
Charisma      12   +1

HP   8

Armor Class      11

Base Attack +0
Melee      +1
Missile   +1
CMB      +1
CMD      12

Weapons: 
Dagger
--TAB   +1
--Damage   d4+1
--Range   10’
--Critical   19X2

Masterwork Quarterstaff (arcane bond). 
--TAB   +2
--Damage   d6+1
--Critical   20X2

Class Abilities:
Arcane Bond
Cantrips
Intense Spells
Force Missiles 8/Day
Scribe Scroll
Spellcasting

Feats: 
Cosmopolitan: Bluff and Diplomacy
Fast Learner

Languages: 
--Aquan
--Azlanti
--Common (Taldan)
--Cyclops (Ghol Ghan)
--Draconic
--Elven
--Giant
--Gnome
--Polyglot
--Varisian

Skills: 
Appraise         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Bluff            1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Craft: Cook         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Diplomacy         1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Linguistics         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Arcana   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: History   1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Knowledge: Local      1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Spellcraft         1 +3 +5   =d20+9

Traits: 
Ancient Explorer
You are a student of the ancient history of Golarion, and you've come to the Shackles to explore the crumbling and vine-choked ruins of the cyclops empire of Ghol-Gan, which have lain abandoned among the isles of the Shackles for thousands of years.
You went to a tavern called the Formidably Maid in Port Peril last night to meet a contact who supposedly had an old map of lost cyclops ruins to sell, but the drink was stronger than you had expected and you passed out before making the deal.
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge(history) and Knowledge (local) checks, and one of these skills is a class skill for you. In addition, you gain Cyclops or Polyglot as a bonus language.
Focused Mind
Your childhood was either dominated by lessons of some sort (whether musical, academic, or other) or by a horrible home life that encouraged your ability to block out distractions and focus on the immediate task at hand.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.

Spellcasting: 
--Barred Schools:  Enchantment, Illusion
--Concentration:  +8

Spells: 
L 1  DC 16
E.  Ear Piercing Scream
1.  Endure Elements
2.  Mage Armor
3.  Unseen Servant

L 0  DC 15
1.  Light
2.  Mending
3.  Prestidigitation

Spellbook: 
--Crafter’s Fortune, *Ear Piercing Scream, Endure Elements, *Floating Disk, Identify, Mage Armor, Touch of the Sea, Unseen Servant,

Coin:   
--Gold 8
--Silver 1
--Copper: 8

Gear: 
--Signature Outfit
--Backpack, Common (2lbs)
--Bag, Waterproof (.5 lbs)
--Bedroll (5lbs)
--Candle X10 (-)
--Candle, Insect Bane X5 (-)
--Case, Scroll (1/2 lbs)
--Chalk X2 (-)
--Cooking Kit (2 lbs)
--Dilettante’s Outfit (8lbs)
--Flint and Steel (-)
--Ink, 8oz vial (-)
--Ink Pen X2 (-)
--Night Tea X30
--Parchment, Sheet X20 (-)
--Perfume, Rare
--Sash, Adventurer’s
--Scholar’s Outfit (6 lbs)
--Shovel (3 lbs)
--Soap X2 (1/2 lbs X2)
--Spell Book (3lbs)
--Spell Component Pouch  (2 lbs)
--String: 50’ Ball (1/2 lbs)
--Sun Rod X3 (1lbs X3)
--Tinder Twig X3
--Waterskin (4 lbs)
--Whistle, Signal

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

vin26m

Changed skills up a bit (Dropped rank in Sense Motive to put into Profession (Sailor), which is Trained Only)

Added extra language, gear, height, weight.

Full Name       Beriana Brown

Race            Half-Orc

Classes/Level   Monk / 1st   

Favored Class   Barbarian (not monk)

Gender          Male   

Size            Medium   

Age             18 years old   

Alignment       Lawful Neutral   

Languages       Common   

Strength        18 (+4)   

Dexterity       14 (+2)   

Constitution    12 (+1)

Intelligence    12 (+1)

Wisdom          16 (+3)   

Charisma         7 (-2)

Height:         6'6"

Weight:         250 lbs.

Languages:      Common, Orc, Giant

Story:

About 20 years ago, a human bard named Briana Brown was a passenger on a ship carrying valuable cargo.  An orc Free Captain and his crew took the ship, killed all crew and passengers she was carrying aboard, plundered her cargo and sank her.

The last survivor to be brought up to the deck was Briana, a woman of charm and surpassing beauty but showing no sign of fear.  None of the crew wanted to execute her, so lots were drawn and the task fell to the captain.  He set up a plank across the ship, and had her walk along it, which she did with graceful composure.  With tears in her eyes, she made her peace and accepted that she would meet her maker.  The plank tipped and she fell into the sea.

Overcome with sorrow, the orc Free Captain triggered his barbarian rage and dove in after her.  He managed to save her, and the crew pulled them back onto the ship.

The captain kept her as a captive, but eventually the two fell in love and she had a child.  The captain named his half-orc son Beriana, a typical female elf name.  He brought his wife and son to land, gave them enough gold to live on, and went back to the ship, never to be heard from or seen again.

Growing up, Beriana was mocked, ridiculed and bullied for his orc features, feminine elven name, and his surname.  He constantly got into trouble for picking fights and acted out through theft.  Unable to control Beriana, his mother sent him to a monk temple, where he learned discipline, self-control, fighting, and avoiding a fight.

He is now on a quest to find his father as well as come to terms with his orc nature.

He has laid with many women as a way of proving his masculinity, usually by protecting them from harm but occasionally by scaring them into submission.  He was pursuing a sexy, flirtatious corsair and experiencing a whirlwind night of booze and romance, but found himself beaten senseless and stuffed in a sack, carried off to who knows where.

Mechanics Breakdown:

Attributes:

25 point buy

STR 18: 16 [Purchase cost of 10] + 2 [Racial]
DEX 14: 14 [Purchase cost of 5]
CON 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
INT 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
WIS 16: 16 [Purchase cost of 10]
CHA  7:  7 [Purchase cost of -4]

HP 10: 1d8/level [Monk] + [CON]*Level + [Favored Class]*Level = 8+1+0 = 9

AC: 10 [Base] + 2 [DEX] + 3 [WIS] = 14

CMD:

Saves:

Fortitude 3: 2 [Monk] + 1 [CON] = 3
Reflex    4: 2 [Monk] + 2 [DEX] = 4
Will      5: 2 [Monk] + 3 [WIS] = 5

Initiative 2: 2 [Dex]

Combat Bonus:

# of skill ranks per level = 5: 4 [Monk] +1 [INT]

Skill ranks 5: 4 [Monk] + 1 [INT]

Acrobatics +6          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +2 [DEX]
Intimidate +9          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] -2 [CHA] +4 [Feat, STR] +2 [Racial] +1 [Trait]
Perception +7          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Profession (Sailor) +8 : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS] +1 [Trait]
Sleight of Hand +7     : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill, Trait] +2 [DEX] +1 [Trait]

Feats:

Intimidating Prowess [Level 1] (Add Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

Class Features:

AC Bonus

Bonus Feat: Improved Grapple (You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapply combat manuever.  In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe.  You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Manuever Defense whenever an opponent tries to grapple you.)

Flurry of Blows

Stunning Fist

Unarmed Strike

Traits:

Buccaneers' Blood [+1 trait bonus on Intimidate and Profession (Sailor).  From Skull and Shackles Campaign Traits.]

Child of the Streets [+1 trait bonus on Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill.  From Basic Traits: Social Traits.]

Weapons:
Shuriken (10),       2 gp,  1   lb
Kama,                2 gp,  2   lbs
Nunchaku,            2 gp,  2   lbs
Sai,                 1 gp,  1   lb
Siangham,            3 gp,  1   lb
Quarterstaff,           -,  4   lbs

Gear:
Backpack,            2 gp,  2   lbs
Caltrops,            1 gp,  2   lbs
Explorer's Outfit,  10 gp,  8   lbs
Flint & Steel,       1 gp,  -
Grappling Hook,      1 gp,  4   lbs
Monk's Outfit x 2,  10 gp,  4   lbs
Pouch, belt,         1 gp,  0.5 lb
Rations (5 days),  2.5 gp,  5   lbs
Rope, Hemp, (50 ft), 1 gp, 10   lbs
Tindertwig,          1 gp,  -
Waterskin,           1 gp,  4   lb

Bedroll,             1 sp,  5   lbs
Chalk (10),          1 sp,  -
Hammer,              5 sp,  2   lbs
Piton (5),           5 sp,  2.5 lbs
Sack                 1 sp,  0.5 lb
Soap (1 lb),         5 sp,  1   lb
Torches (10),        1 sp, 10   lbs

Whetstone,           2 cp, 1 lb

Tankard,             ? gp, ? lb.

(43.42 gp, 71.5 lbs, for both weapons and gear)

(60 gp - 43.42 gp = 16.58 gp = 16 gp, 5 sp, 8 cp)

Katina Tarask

Any objection to a Kitsune Druid?  (Also, mind nixing that pesky 'same sex' clause on Change Shape?)

Callie Del Noire

DrOp your character in for consideration. If I may, way the request about the same sex bit?

Callie Del Noire

Man.. who thought it would be hard to pull in one last player? :(

Blinkin

It's always hard to get that last player. It's part of the whole Murphy's Law thing.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

We got THREE people want to play some flavor of healer.. but I can't decide till I see the PCs!!!

<goes for a frosty>

Callie Del Noire

<looks into the hole all the potential healers fell into.>

"Funny.. didn't see that before."

NinjaWeazel

Pardon me while I slowly climb out of that pit.  (thinking Undine Shark Shaman Druid.)  Just... gonna need some time to familiarize myself with the rules, as it were, and actually put things on paper.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on July 14, 2012, 10:53:19 AM
Pardon me while I slowly climb out of that pit.  (thinking Undine Shark Shaman Druid.)  Just... gonna need some time to familiarize myself with the rules, as it were, and actually put things on paper.

Man..that character BITEs.. no really he/she can really BITE! Nomnomnom.. :D

Or do you prefer the Jaws Theme?

That doesn't mean you won't have competition. Innocence hasn't responded.. but the other 3 folks are just mulling over ideas.. so guys don't think first come means first served. :D

So, everyone interested..take your time if you must and think things through.. I'm not going to start the game till at LEAST 6 PM EST sunday. (There are including this last comment.. 4 folks interested who have sent me PMs in the last 18 hours.. ) So I want to give the players time think things through.

Just.. watch out for the Levithan in the pit there...

NinjaWeazel

ohoho I see what you did there!  ... Now to figure out the best way to pick up some nasty claw-type melee weapons and not suck with them.

Blinkin

"Aye Sar, tis one o' dem warlpools me grate, grate granpap tells me 'boat seein' with his own eyes, he did tells me.""
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ixy

HI!, sorry, just happens that some of us take a little longer to make characters.  JEEZ, PEOPLE!  That's why (apparently) I'm not allowed to play any other role but healer-- but unlike every "taken" role, we have to compete for it.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 11:47:57 AM
HI!, sorry, just happens that some of us take a little longer to make characters.  JEEZ, PEOPLE!  That's why (apparently) I'm not allowed to play any other role but healer-- but unlike every "taken" role, we have to compete for it.
Sorry! =(  I know what you mean, it just so happens that I've been waiting to play Pathfinder for a long time <_<;; I've got about 14 characters written up and ready-to-go in case I die >_>

Ixy

Quote from: apostateCourier on July 14, 2012, 11:48:58 AM
Sorry! =(  I know what you mean, it just so happens that I've been waiting to play Pathfinder for a long time <_<;; I've got about 14 characters written up and ready-to-go in case I die >_>
Haha-- me too.  Just not healers.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 11:47:57 AM

I'm NEVER allowed to play anything but Healers in Pathfinder Society Games. I always wind up having to play the healer type. Doesn't matter.. walk ins get to play rogues/ninjas/fighters..but I can't play my damn Musket Master.

Yup.. guys are allowed to play halfling monks with 7 int/cha (who think they are monkeys) but I HAVE to play my cleric.

Ixy

I'm just griping, no hard feelings.  Clerics are just... fuck... they're HARD to make, I think.  There's just so many damn options.  Some people love it, because they like the freedom and all... and I can see that, to some extent.  It's just hard to say, "hey, sure, I'll be the one who keeps everybody else alive while they do the fun stuff".  I really, really loved the look of this campaign, and got really excited about a bunch of characters-- I just made the Elliquiy Fool's mistake by not skipping work to make characters ;)

Blinkin

Hey... if you don't want to play a cleric, then don't play a cleric.

I can't tell you how many campaigns that I've played in where there were 2 or 3 roues, and as many wizards. There's no such thing as too many fighters and if you want to play something else, then put it out there. Clerics are nice to have and I've played my fair share of them, but a party can survive without one if the GM makes allowances for the fact.

Just my thoughts...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 14, 2012, 12:22:37 PM
Hey... if you don't want to play a cleric, then don't play a cleric.

I can't tell you how many campaigns that I've played in where there were 2 or 3 roues, and as many wizards. There's no such thing as too many fighters and if you want to play something else, then put it out there. Clerics are nice to have and I've played my fair share of them, but a party can survive without one if the GM makes allowances for the fact.

Just my thoughts...

You haven't seen some of the guys that show up at the Pathfinder society games at the local store. You get three guys who show up and ALL insist on playing types that aren't condusize to groups.. or work like they were playing a normal game and ignore our goals (slitting a guys throat in a bar while we're on a mission to keep the Pathfinders from looking like a bunch of psychos). There are a few getting better but a good bunch of them aren't moving past the 'we have to kill everything to win teh xps.' or the 'I say I'm good so I can play though I'm really evil'.

Isengrad

Ixy, The Witch with the Sea-witch theme might be a good healer, Thematically it fits very well and though it is an arcane caster it does have access to cure spells. You dont have the spontaneous casting of heal spells that clerics have but it looks like it can still be very effective if you wanted to look at that.

original artwork by karabiner

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 14, 2012, 01:21:47 PM
Ixy, The Witch with the Sea-witch theme might be a good healer, Thematically it fits very well and though it is an arcane caster it does have access to cure spells. You dont have the spontaneous casting of heal spells that clerics have but it looks like it can still be very effective if you wanted to look at that.

The witch and bard can heal, but like Isen points out the sea witch can also hex heal (though the hex heal is limited to each player 1 day if I recall).

Isengrad

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 14, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
The witch and bard can heal, but like Isen points out the sea witch can also hex heal (though the hex heal is limited to each player 1 day if I recall).
Actually, a single person can only be healed by the hex once every 24 hours. But it looks like she can use that hex an unlimited number of times. Say she heals jacob with it, he would not be able to benefit from it again until 24 hours have passed, but she can heal the rest of the party or the whole crew without expending a spell for the day.

Blinkin

I've been table-top playing for more than 25 years, the hack and slash/Kill it! crowd has always been around and they are always appearing in games. It's not limited to Pathfinder, or even fantasy. While most of them are younger, I had one just last year in a group who was 45 years old and you couldn't talk to anyone before he chopped it down. We finally started drugging his character so we could talk to NPC's and learn stuff the easy way. *grins*

long story short, there will always be hack/slash, "kill it!", and power players who really don't worry very much about group dynamics and all you can really do is try to work with them or forbid them from joining. Playing something that you don't want to play doesn't mean that it's going to be against the group dynamics or counter to the group goals. If you're forced into playing a role that you don't want to play, you're taing out the most important reason for playing; enjoying it.

The one question that I absolutely hate to hear when someone joins a group is, "What do you need?" It should be more like, "How can I fit my concept for a character in?"
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Katina Tarask

I'm competing with Ixy?  Boo!  *Would love another chance to play with her.*

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 14, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Isengrad

And really, at level 1 if anyone in the party needs more then one heal during the day we are doing it wrong :P

edit : Upon closer inspection of the Sea witch archetype on the SRD a witch loses their 1st level hex for sea creature empathy...so archtype may not be the thing to do unless you spend a feat to get the Extra hex feat.