Pokemon Tabletop United

Started by eternaldarkness, April 30, 2015, 03:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

I'm dying to play one of my favorite TTRPG's of all time, Pokemon Tabletop United (the link is free, legal, and safe), and i'd love to find a GM wlling to run it or act as CO-GM with me for a small (like 4 players at most) PTU game. I'm after a more standard story of a trainer aiming for league dominance, but other elements and types of stories can be included too, especially if it involves human/pokemon sexual (or even romantic) pairings, and i'm open to ideas for pokemon games of any kind.

eternaldarkness

Bump ba bump. Still looking, oh so much.

JoanieSappho

I'd like to try the system, but it does seem that I'm in the distinct minority around here.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 05, 2015, 12:22:08 PM
I'd like to try the system, but it does seem that I'm in the distinct minority around here.

It seems so. Pokemon freeform loses a lot of its meaning to me though since every conflict is a foregone conclusion, but with a system it actually matters what you do and how good you are. I will say that PTU really isn't that difficult as far as systems go, but I fully expect to never get a game of it going here.

kckolbe

I like the different pokemon, but the "grind" of a pokemon game is rather unpleasant in a group.  Additionally, I don't care for the "character classes," which require a fair amount of min/maxing.  I think the character creation should have been done in a point buy method.  Never played it, but created chars for it a couple of times before games died in the intro stages.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

eternaldarkness

I never saw any of that, and I ran a ptu pbp game with 20+ players for over a year, so I know it's doable. Sorry you've had bad experiences though.

eternaldarkness