Plots & Settings (F Looking for M)

Started by FireWave, March 15, 2013, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireWave

I have had a few ideas that I think would make a good roleplay, so I'm looking for partners to go with them! c:

Two things before I start with my ideas. First, please contact me through PM if you want to do something, don't post here (I like to keep everything neat and tidy). Second, please read my On and Offs. It isn't that long, and it outlines everything I expect from a good RP partner.

Now to the part you people are probably the most interested in. The ideas.
I am willing to work with my partners to create a new idea, setting or plot - if you have your own and think that you want to try a roleplay with me feel free to send me a PM and we can talk.
These ideas are also only creative bases, if any of these inspire you we can bend and work with them to create something that we'll both enjoy.

Items with a strike through them are taken.
Items that are in red mean that I am willing to make multiple of them, if people are interested.
Items that are in navy mean that I am only really looking for one roleplay with that specific plot / setting.
Items which have *s beside them mean that the roleplay would require many characters (when I say many, I mean 5+ per person).
Items that are in the Taken/WIP section are there because I am developing them, or because (guess what?) they have been taken. I leave them up there to show you guys what I like to RP and what I have RPed in the past, and if one plot dies I might take it back out of the taken section and put it back at available.

Available Plots/Settings

Quest for Silverlight (Medieval Fantasy/Abilities/Action/Humanoid)
In a world high in magic, a map that leads to a mystical object has been found. Called 'Silverlight', this object will supposedly bring the bearer eternal youth, and grant them the power of the gods. Bounty hunters have cropped up from all around the universe (characters can be anything from vampires to angels - I just prefer things to be humanoid), aiming to find this treasure. Two characters, also bounty hunters, set out on Silverlight's trail; most likely rival hunters. Somewhere along the way, they meet - and for whatever reason, decide to hunt together. Facing obstacles of all kinds, and having to watch their backs for rivals, the characters will have to stay alive. (This could go all sorts of ways, we can collaborate on what obstacles and other things that we can put in. There could also be more than just two characters - there could be rival teams, or anything else.)

Shaking Ground, Steady Hand (Fantasy/Elves/Action/Humanoid) SETTING
The world is divided into two very distinct factions. Those who live in the forest, and those who reside out of it. The two almost never interact, living in mutual fear of one another. There was likely once a war between them, and now they all live on strict orders not to interact. One day, Character A - a dweller who lives outside of the forest - ventures into it - maybe by accident, maybe on purpose -, encountering animals and beings they have never before seen. Eventually, Character A is trapped and secured by the woodland elves, who strive to keep the safety of the forest. Character B is one of the said elves, and encounters Character A and interacts with them as their captor. (This is mainly just a setting - so we can figure out what happens from here on outwards and think of a plot. Also, more than two characters can be involved, it was just easiest to explain with two.)

The Planes of Black Sand (Medieval Fantasy/World-Building/Action/Humanoid)
In a medieval fantasy world, two forces have been battling - the force of good magic, and that of the bad. For centuries, they have been at balance, but a tip of the scale has begun to become prominent - and the magic of good has started to loose the battle. As a last ditch attempt, the 'white' magic reaches out to a select bunch of people (be it nobles, those who bear magical power, anything that we can think of) in a dream. For whatever reason, the dream collapses just after the people introduce themselves, and they are jolted back to the real world. They might sense that there was something special about the dream and try to seek out the others in it, or they might stumble upon each other by accident - but they manage to get together. (I do have some ideas as to what can happen after this, but I'd also like to discuss this with anybody who might be interested.)

WIP/Work In Progress Plots

Coming Home (Medieval Fantasy/World-Building/Action/Humanoid)
I want to do something based off of this song here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZGbEmNRcIE&feature=trueview-instream
This is highly un-thought out, but I love the song and I think some interesting possibilities could arise. This could even go the route of a noble/royal going away before coming home, and their adventures when away. Again, I haven't thought about this very much - hence it is in the WIP section.

Taken Plots

I don't know you; but I have to work with you. (Modern-ish/Action/Humanoid)
There is something that the government wants to know. So the spies are assigned the task. Surprisingly, one spy isn't enough, because they have assigned two spies on the job (one is your character, one is mine) and they have assigned them as partners. So the two spies have to meet, figure what kind of person the other person is, then they have to go fighting, spying and whatnot for the government. Naturally, there will be some sort of romance between the two. (Love/hate relationship, the 'perfect romance', I don't care. Something.) I am open to ideas about what they are actually trying to find out, all I can say is that I prefer scenes with fighting and weapons. One of the spies can even get captured, if you want.

City people really shouldn't be in the woods; but you are. (Fantasy/Adventure/Humanoid)
Pretty self explanatory- some rich person from the city dares to venture into the deep forbidden woods. It'll be a fantasy, with dragons and elves and stuff. The other person's character can either be some sort of forest dweller, or the city person's companion that either willingly or unwillingly followed the original into the woods. Depending in the scenario, the city characters would try and figure out how to survive, or the forest dweller teaches the city character how to survive and use old fashioned weapons and whatnot. After all that's done, and just to add to the drama, a dragon would wake from his centuries of sleep and thunder upon the forest and the characters have to stop the dragon.

What the hell are we? (Fantasy/Action/Humanoid)
Being a vampire is awesome! Well, at least it is when you actually know you are one, and when people aren't chasing you out of the place you've lived your whole life in. In other words, it's two newly turned vampires that have no idea what the hell they are, and they grow even more confused when the people they knew & loved start shunning them and trying to murder them. Unknowing and confused, (and probably more than a little frightened) the characters run away, only to be kept running by everybody they meet. It's a sad life, with only each other as company. And it doesn't really get better when the other mythical creatures start trying to catch them and use them to their advantage.

A Knight and his Bodyguard (Historical/Action/Humanoid)
Somehow, a extremely skilled freelance night ended up with a loyal companion, that is set on acting as his bodyguard. The only problem is- this companion is a girl, and seriously underestimated and everybody thinks that she is incapable of protecting her master. So when the knight finds a job as the king's general and war adviser, everybody thinks he should loose the girl and get somebody new. But the girl is intent on staying near said knight, because their relationship might be going beyond companions...
This plot isn't very well thought out, and is open for lots of changing around and stuff.

That's all for now! I humbly thank thee for reading.
-Fire

FireWave

The spy idea has been taken.

(e) And so has the vampire one.

FireWave

Added the idea To the End of the World and Back.

FireWave

Added the plot idea A Knight and his Bodyguard.