Peeps or Creme Eggs!?

Started by PennySludt, February 28, 2016, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bastet

I'm with Lioness, I love them both and have to limit myself during the Easter season. Although now they are releasing both of them year-round seems like for each holiday, just with different holiday packaging.

“I believe that words uttered in passion contain a greater living truth than do those words which express thoughts rationally conceived. It is blood that moves the body. Words are not meant to stir the air only: they are capable of moving greater things.” -Natsume Sōseki

Kakihara

To further the question, how many like to open their Peeps and let them get a little hard? (No double entendre intended.... really)

I never heard of this even though my mother loved these things until people at work started doing it and I found out a lot of people do it.  They open the package and let it sit for a few hours or days even.  I guess some people have complained they don't seem to stiffen up like they use to in the past.  Never did this but never tried it.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone tried them or if they are still out but Walmart had these elusive ones that were like dipped in like a flavored white chocolate.  they came in like lemon and orange and maybe lime.  I think those were the best I've had so far.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

scottch97

I'd rather have neither, but if I had to choose I'd go with peeps – creme eggs are FAR too sweet for me. Can't stand them, eugh.   :P

PennySludt

Quotehow many like to open their Peeps and let them get a little hard?

I like them both ways, actually. I'm really not super picky when it comes to sugar! lol! But usually I eat them straight out of the packet, and then when the kids have had their fill and there's open packages of peeps laying around getting hard, I eat those too!

I haven't seen the flavored ones dipped in chocolate though. I've had the plain ones dipped in milk chocolate, and the flavored ones, but not both together. I might have to melt some chocolate and go try that myself! ;)
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Nico

Oniya

Quote from: Nicholas on March 02, 2016, 11:47:30 AM
Neither.

You're within driving distance of the good stuff.  ('Cause Europe all put together is like twice the size of Texas, and has Switzerland and Belgium conveniently located.)  No need to settle!  :P
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Codswallop

Quote from: kakihara on February 28, 2016, 08:53:51 PM
To further the question, how many like to open their Peeps and let them get a little hard? (No double entendre intended.... really)

I love them both ways too. But as much as I adore Peeps, I’ve got to give the final vote to the Crème Eggs. I’ve loved those gooey, gross things since I was a kid, and old loves die hard.

Phantomhive

Quote from: Oniya on February 28, 2016, 11:30:50 AM
Peeps, most definitely.

Because Peep Jousting (view full screen for best experience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMmyQF35e8U

Remember to have a graham cracker podium and chocolate 'crown' for the winners!  (and losers!)

Dont know about Peeps her in Oz but laughed so hard at the vid it would be peeps if we had them here.

Creme eggs are just so OTT sweet for me I dont like them.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

PennySludt

*gasp* No Peeps!? Ah well, you guys have better chocolates at least ;)
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Beguile's Mistress

Heard somewhere that McDonalds is selling Cream Egg McFlurries in Australia only!

Damn, McDonalds!

abandoneddolly

I would go with eggs because I never liked peeps, but someone got the kids a mystery flavor peep and I was sort of desperate for sugar. So I eat one, and it was awesome . No clue what it was, but it won me over. so peeps.

The Dark Raven

Neither.

Peeps have a weird texture and no taste, and Cadbury Creme Eggs are too sweet for me anymore.  I used to love them as a kid, though.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Phantomhive

Quote from: PennySludt on March 03, 2016, 02:55:46 PM
*gasp* No Peeps!? Ah well, you guys have better chocolates at least ;)

Yeah Darrell Lea's chockolate so the best.

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 03, 2016, 06:17:51 PM
Heard somewhere that McDonalds is selling Cream Egg McFlurries in Australia only!

Damn, McDonalds!

OMG if the eggs weren't sweet enough they have to add them to the nicest soft serve I know.

CURSE YOU MACCAS
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Mirrah

Hm. I'm not real big on Peeps, but I would prefer them over Creme Eggs. I never could get to liking those things. The only part I'd take was the chocolate... Now, if you're talking chocolate oranges or a chocolate egg with no creme in the middle... Then that's my kind of treat. Make it dark chocolate and we've got my winner.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Oreo

Of the two I prefer bubblegum peeps. But my favorite seasonal candy are the extra large malted milk eggs.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Quote from: Oreo on March 10, 2016, 05:05:40 PM
Of the two I prefer bubblegum peeps. But my favorite seasonal candy are the extra large malted milk eggs.

*makes whimpery noises*

Malted milk candies are awesomesauce.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Quote from: Oniya on March 10, 2016, 06:51:19 PM
*makes whimpery noises*

Malted milk candies are awesomesauce.
I know. I have to be careful to only buy enough to sate my fix, and not so much I wear a hole in my tongue.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

shasha

I like the peeps, over the eggs, However I don't eat either of them anymore, I trying to curve my cereal instics so I leave the little peeps alone, :)
not sure what to put here, at the moment.

PennySludt

QuoteOf the two I prefer bubblegum peeps.

I just tried those, Oreo! They were AMAZING! :D

TheGlyphstone

Eggs are delicious immediately. Peeps are only good after you let them go stale for a month or so. So my vote goes to the eggs.

PennySludt

LOL! Poor peeps! A MONTH!? :D

TheGlyphstone

Two weeks minimum, but 3-4 is optimal. They need to get hard and crunchy, so it's like biting into a marshmallow-flavored cookie.

PennySludt

Hahaha! Those are good too, except they stick to my teeth so much!

Gena Windstarr

Creme eggs all the way. Good lord i love those things
~ Gena Windstarr ~

~ O / O ~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265030.0

~Looking for RP thread~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=293410.new#new
Discord -  Gena Windstarr#5877