Let's get started!

Started by toysintheattic, October 27, 2010, 12:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toysintheattic

I would be absolutely delighted to participate in a non-adult roleplay of any kind. I'm feeling flexible tonight, as usual, and I'm interested in hearing YOUR ideas first! So, hit me!
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

Hey there, rp is always good :D

My ideas..well I had this one I liked, maybe you'd want to start a group one of it or a solo? Its in this thread here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=86915.0

Hmm...other ideas...I tend to lean a bit more to the fantastic (Swords, Magic, etc etc), so maybe you'd want to go on an epic quest! Or possibly a romance, in a small town in the middle of nowhere once a new family moves in. I have a few other idea's but these are what I have the most experience with, your pick ;)

Klamity

toysintheattic

I'm best at fantasy centered roleplays, so I am absolutely thrilled that you are proposing this. Whether it's group or solo, I'll have you decide. But, I love the idea of an epic quest. Like you mentioned in your link, simple stuff, not too complicated of a system. We can mesh romance and epic quest together for super epicness. I think the story line would be well constructed, and it would definitely stay interesting.
So, let's get the basics down and plan something out! :)

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

Sounds good :)
I can be the 'DM', but Im going to form it around your character. Basically, anything goes :D. Is there any pre-made world (IE Warcraft, Eberron) that you wan to use?

toysintheattic

Hmm, a pre-made world is not required, but if there is something you would prefer, I will gladly comply. So, what's the basic storyline? I just need something to go on so i can figure out my character.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

haha like I said, Ill make it up based on your character. Go nuts, but then give me some time to work a story out. Feel free to make up places, races, anything, but if there is magic leave it to me, and Ill keep it simple.

toysintheattic

Okay, well I'll do my best. Here's the character idea I thought of, and if you need me to make any changes, I will gladly do so.

Character Name - Khovola Eal
Character Age - 22
Physical Description - Dark skin, dark hair. Not black, but a rich dark brown. 5'7", very well toned, not exactly slender, but not thick. Eyes dark brown, like her skin and hair.
Background - [These are the parts we can make changes to if it doesn't fit into your ideas.] Her dark hair and skin easily gives away that she is from the deep East. Her people live in tribes, not uncivilized, just very deep set into tradition. She grew up like the rest of the children of her tribe. Every mother was her mother, every father her father, every old man her grandfather and every old woman her grandmother. She was taught to fight, to survive, to hunt, and to track. Her people are open and free, trusting until reason is given to not trust. Magic was practiced by her people, but seeing as she was a woman, she only learned things used for the purposes of healing sickness and wounds. Over the years, her tribe had knowledge of other people's languages, and once Khovola learned enough for simple communication, she left. Her people did not oppose this, for they believe that decisions are part of fate. Sounds kind of gypsy-ish or Indian-ish, right? Well, we're going to be set in a world before Indians or gypsies, so....
Personality - Khovola is kind and sincere to anyone and anything that comes across her path. She believes in the goodness of all things, until she is shown otherwise. Then if you commit a transgression against her, you will surely regret it. She is not naive, although she is kind, and she knows if she is being used or taken advantage of. She likes to spend most of her time outside. Wandering, walking, bathing in rivers, things of that nature-y nature. :) She is deeply "superstitious", you could say, as is her people, and she firmly believes in the earth giving you signs. She has a rich sense of humor, and thinks a healthy dose of sarcasm is good in a day. She will speak to anyone who speaks to her, and often she will speak to you first. She is open and honest, some people might even say bold.

As the rp and the world develops, I will develop Khovola more. Like I said, if I need to make any type of changes, please let me know.
I hope you like her and are still interested. :)

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

Alright, I think I can start generating the world and her story, but I require one more tiny peice of information: what direction does she head?

toysintheattic

Terribly sorry for the tiny delay. :/

Hmm, she will head North.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

Sorry for the huge delay ): My social life had a big spike this weekend. Here is the new thread for us :3

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87626.0

toysintheattic

it's fine. Since I have recently been approved, we can make this adult instead on non-adult. Interested?

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87727.0

I moved it to the Light Solo: Exotic catagory, simply due to the possibility of non-humans (elves and others) becomming a part of it, and I dont want to get yelled at. Just a note: I dont want this to be sexual as the main focus. If sex ends up happening, by all means, but I wasn't looking for an all adult kind of deal.

toysintheattic

I wasn't planning on sex being the main focus at all, but it would certainly add more flair to our story.
Now, I was wondering, how am I supposed to reply?
I was just slightly confused by you posting as Khovola....I don't know what I should do.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

I posted as her just to kinda give you a push, and set the starting scene. Sorry for taking that liberty, but I tend to play as a 'DM' when I role play, so this is one time where I took control of your character for a little bit.

toysintheattic

It's fine, I'm just not used to that type of start. Playing as the DM is fine, though. I will pretty much just embellish on setting up camp, the light far off, what I decide to do about it, etc.
I will definitely have the post up sometime this evening.
Thank you for answering all of my questions and being so patient with me!

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

klamity

Haha no problemo. Ill be waiting.