The Declaration of Internet Freedom.

Started by Sabby, July 04, 2012, 08:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Quote from: Access Newsletter that just showed up a few minutes ago in my inboxThis just in -- the European Parliament has voted down ACTA! Congratulations to you and all the other individuals, organizations, and communities who have fought so hard to defeat this!

This is a huge victory, but the fight doesn’t end here. What we need to do now is focus on reforming these broken laws and promote a culture that is conducive to creativity, free expression, and an open internet, and we invite you to be a part of that conversation.

This week, Access and over 100 other organizations joined together to sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. It seeks to unite users, industry, and governments against threats to a free and open internet through five guiding principles that emphasize transparency, privacy, free expression, and open dialogue around the future of the internet.

I've looked it over, signed it, shared it on Facebook, and I spread it to here now. I want this thing to succeed. We can't keep this up, guys :/ they'll just bring out a new act eventually. It may be in 20 years, but eventually we'll all forget about this rabble and noise and it'll start again, another sneaky little bid for control will try to get by without anyone the wiser.

Seeing an organized movement that isn't in direct response to another act has given me slightly more hope then I had before, but this thing needs signitures and internet mileage, so expose it as much as you can!