Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

I am planning a heroic fantasy game set on a remote island, known as Ender’s Island. Both the water and land is teeming with dangers wild life, natural hazards are far from infrequent and the harsh environment leaves little passion for respite, even amongst the humanoid factions of the island.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Factions:

The Drow Caves: The caves on the north western beaches of the island have been completely taken over by the dark elves. They number around 300, with a third as many slaves, a secondary community of mercenaries and a notable array of tamed animals and vermin, as well as possessing the ability to use spells to create undead and call upon the services of fiends. These factors combine to make the Drow a serious threat to the other humanoids of the island, their power kept in check only by the Hill Fort, without whom it is unlikely the other factions of the island could resist being absorbed into the dark elves’ slave population.

The Cliff Nest: Atop the cliffs that overlooks the uninhabited stretch of sand between the Drow Caves and the Hill Fort is a modestly sized twig nest of small, birdlike humanoids. The Bird Folk are a small faction numbering around 70, but their location and gift of flight leaves them in a valuable position as they are able to sell their services as scout to either of the nearby settlements. For payment they typically request items they themselves cannot construct. Despite their lack of military power, this settlement is perhaps the most secure, being removed from the fighting on the ground below, and safe from ever suffering too many deaths at the hands of a predator, since none of the larger ones can fly.

The Hill Fort: A military group numbering around half a thousand and consisting primarily of humans, this fractioned has constructed a sophisticated fortified camp in the south eastern parts of the island on the sparse grassland above the beach. As a military society the warriors of the Hill Fort work to keep the Drow at bay, with the ultimate goal of subduing them the colony. They also keep the peace between the Forest Camp and Pirates. In the absence of a large military campaign in recent decades, the people have expanded to the surroundings to make farms to feed the population and relieve the cramped living spaces that prevail within the fort. Never-the-less, the Hill Fort is always wary of an attack from the dark elf, and always has officers standing by to implement the required protocols.

Forest Camp: A loose structure of nomadic camps around a glade that serves as their equivalent of a parliament, the woodlands above the Hill Fort are home to a less organized group of elves and halflings, who supplement their hunting with gathering and farming on the coastal areas where the trees thin out. Protected from the dark elves by the Hill Fort, their primary concern are the dwarven pirates, and they have been known to launch pre-emptive strikes against ships that may intend to raid them. They number at around 250, but it can take several days for all of them to be gathered at their glade.

Pirate Island: Based on a small secondary island, connected to the larger one by a thin strip of sand submerged for 23 hours a day, this tribe of dwarves and gnomes attempts to use their technological expertise to overcome their lack of land. Despite preferring to work with metal, they have adapted well to organic building materials, and do moderately well harvesting the surrounding waters for food. Being the only faction capable making ships they exploit this advantage to raid the isolated farms of the Forest Camp, and anything else they can reach whilst staying in the shallow waters, avoiding what could be hidden in the deep. Despite their tendency to steal, they make sure they keep this act in moderation, and their crafting expertise ensures relations of at least strained neutrality with the other settlements on the eastern side of the island.

The Abandoned Galleon: Situated in the middle of the north side beach, this warship once brought a group of humans to this island, the survivors of who can now mostly be found in the Hill Fort. Presently, the overturned ship, damaged beyond repair, is home to a mass of goblins and kobolds that have filled the surrounding land with their foul traps. Fearing the might of the other factions without the advantage of home terrain, the goblinoids keep to themselves, but anyone travelling through their lands should be weary of their greed and cowardly sadism.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Wildlife:
  As all of the humanoid factions are located on the fringe of the island, away from the untamed centre, the wildlife they need to deal with, whilst fearsome, could be but the weaker species pushed out of the prized hunting ground further in. Whilst diverse, the island’s bestiary is not quite as archaic as legends of abandoned islands may suggest. The frequency with which each creature is encountered can roughly be recorded into the following categories:

Common: Animals, Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Magic Beasts, Plants and Vermin.
  Uncommon: Aberrations, Elementals, Giants and Oozes.
  Rare: Constructs, Dragons, Outsiders and Undead (beyond skeletons and zombies animated by mages)
  Environment:
  The island is sub tropic, with hot summers and mild winters, but the temperature is rarely high enough to present a serious risk. Storms on the other hand have been known to claim lives, especially for those unfortunate enough to be caught in the water, but they are not very frequent. Far more dangerous are the certain locations hiding environmental hazards, from mundane but dangerous quicksand which threatens to trap you, embracing you until you die of thirst, to the more magical bog fires, which could lead you astray, or simply burn you.
  The edge of the island is mainly sand and rock, with some sparse grassland. On the eastern side there is a forest, but apart from that it is all pretty bare. Braving the dangers of the untamed land deeper into the island reveals a far wider range of environments, from thick forests to marshes and valleys, both desert and lush. At the centre is a tall cliff which, according to some, is capped in ice. As dangerous as these lands are, they hold exotic materials and resources, a valuable commodity to such isolated settlements.
  Local Mythology (And thanks to my friend who helped my write this):

Enders’ Island is bulwarked from all shipping traffic by the vast expanse of ocean that surrounds it, meaning that in most civilised places of the known world, the island is not mapped, though certain pirate and merchant vessels have scrawled “Hear Be Monsters” on the area that would otherwise bear the island’s location. Part of the reason for the island’s elusiveness and lack of shipping traffic are the two siblings who haunt the shallow waters that ring the island in a great and brilliant reef. The reef is home to two rival Carcharocles Megalodon, a male and a slightly bigger female, who inhabit the southern and northern waters of the island respectively. The presence of the two colossal, prehistoric monsters – known to the Drow as the “Nightmare,” and to the Human tribes as “Fear” and “Panic” (it’s unclear which name refers to which sex; between tribes, and sometimes within, the names are used interchangeably) – has negated all efforts for the island’s citizens to try and make a break for one of the continents, or has stopped any ships getting through with supplies or fresh colonists. Despite the inherent dangers of establishing a civilisation near the ocean, neither the Drow nor the Humans have dared to venture too far into the wild and unmapped centre of the island, for not knowing just what menaces lie within. If creatures as hellacious and horrific as the Megalodon can scour the Ocean beyond, it can’t help but be wondered just what lurks in the darker places of the island. Unconfirmed reports from those who have dared to venture inland speak of the existence of a juvenile, “sandy brown” dragon, who makes the centre of the island it’s domain. Naturally, these reports are not taken seriously – the description of size and colour often varies so greatly that authorities put the tales down to folklore and/or hysteria.
  Gaming System
  I planned this to be a game using D&D 3.5 rules. Knowledge of the system is a bonus, but not a must; I don’t mind helping you with your character. I allow practically any source, from official to third party to homebrew, just ask. I want to make this game E6. In case you haven’t heard of this system, you stop advancing at level 6 and instead gain a feat for every 5,000 XP (the characters would start off already being at level 6). I’m willing to work with you on some houserules if your character concept isn’t supported that much in E6. Edit: Here is a PDF of the exact E6 rules: http://esix.pbworks.com/f/E6v041.pdf
  As for the game style, each character would start alone, (unless their backgrounds placed them together) and would set about trying to achieve their own goals. The island would be small enough that they could run into other players from time to time, but they would be under no obligation to work together.

So, yeah, that’s the outline of the game I have planned. I won’t be able to start it for about a month, but I just thought I would post it here to see what people think of the game. Any questions, comments or requests can be posted here or PM-ed to me.

RubySlippers

Sounds like fun I was thinking of being a cleric not flashy I know but is the best self-contained class in the game, armor and weapons and spells and turning undead or commanding them in one package.

LisztesFerenc

Clerics are welcome. Some of the islanders worship the Megalodons, but the standard deities from the Players Handbook are also present, and I will most likely allow homebrew and other sources. Any ideas on whether your character arrived recently or is already involved with one or more of the factions?

RubySlippers

She will be a local cleric born on the island, human so likely with the Fort. Not sure of the deity though at this time it depends on her alignment. And dice rolls to worship Kord she needs to be warrior-esque in fitness I would think while a average build another deity might be good.

The big plus side are spell using clerics are valued assets most likely so she should be treated well overall regardless of the community.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Oooh, divine characters appear to be popular.

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 31, 2011, 08:32:35 AM
She will be a local cleric born on the island, human so likely with the Fort. Not sure of the deity though at this time it depends on her alignment. And dice rolls to worship Kord she needs to be warrior-esque in fitness I would think while a average build another deity might be good.

The big plus side are spell using clerics are valued assets most likely so she should be treated well overall regardless of the community.

Are you attached to rolling stats? If not, you can use 32 point buy.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 31, 2011, 08:42:12 AM
Hmmm. Any chance of playing a Favored Soul of Ilmater?

The class is fine. The setting isn't quite Forgotten Realms, but I don't see why Ilmater couldn't exist in it. Maybe via a planar traveller many years ago.

Also: update – added link to E6 pdf file.

TheHangedOne

I could always pick a deity with a similar portfolio/flavor.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 31, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
I could always pick a deity with a similar portfolio/flavor.  :-)

It’s really up to you. I assume my games take place in planscape even if only one world is used, so somewhere out there there is the forgotten realms setting, but if you'd rather choose a different diety that also works. Also, same as before, would your character be new to the island, or have they been there a while and are already involved with one or more factions?

TheHangedOne

I'm leaning towards native, maybe one of the bird folk.  Not sure quite yet, though.
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 31, 2011, 03:14:03 PM
I'm leaning towards native, maybe one of the bird folk.  Not sure quite yet, though.

Okay, they would be treated as raptorians, with some possible tweaks.

Aether

What a fascinating concept!

I am reading the E6 rules to see if I can truly get up to speed on this.

Aether

I am thinking upon a dwarf privateer of some sort, possibly with a small schooner?  But that is obviously up to you, LF.

I am reading the E6 material and am wondering how you are going to allow feats to be chosen, gestalt style or limited to your actual class?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 05:28:47 PM
I am thinking upon a dwarf privateer of some sort, possibly with a small schooner?  But that is obviously up to you, LF.

I don't think you'd start the game with your own schooner, but you could be a crew member of rank on one with the goal of eventually becoming captain. You’d be from the Pirate Island then?

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 05:28:47 PMI am reading the E6 material and am wondering how you are going to allow feats to be chosen, gestalt style or limited to your actual class?

Gestalt approach.

Aether

Aye, pirate island.  Will I be able to rp a non cut throat type that might not get killed on sight if he were on the mainland?  I just really like the idea of character that can put together some neat items or just build in general really.  I may need your help putting this together although I know 3.5 pretty well, just not sure how to best line it up with E6.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 06:20:09 PM
Aye, pirate island.  Will I be able to rp a non cut throat type that might not get killed on sight if he were on the mainland?

Yes. The Drow will (well enslave, not kill), but apart from that the Forest Camp is only group you would have any real trouble with, and the chances of them killing you are low.

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 06:20:09 PMI just really like the idea of character that can put together some neat items or just build in general really.  I may need your help putting this together although I know 3.5 pretty well, just not sure how to best line it up with E6.

Do you have access to the artificer class?

Aether

Looking at a list of classes now, was leaning towards something primarily combat orientated and good on a ship, but will see what artificer has to offer  ^.^  Is a 3 / 3 character in E6 stupid?  Or a 4 / 2, etc...

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 06:42:02 PM
Looking at a list of classes now, was leaning towards something primarily combat orientated and good on a ship, but will see what artificer has to offer  ^.^  Is a 3 / 3 character in E6 stupid?  Or a 4 / 2, etc...

Depends on how well the classes synergies. Artificer tends to be only good with itself. Also, it’s more about magical crafting than mundane crafting, although some infusions can be used to boost craft checks.

Aether

Okay, I think i would like to go as a gnomish ranger from the pirate island.  This character would fashion his own throwing axes and will also build his own gnomish double hook hammer.  Darkwood hilt, mithral touchy parts.  He will work towards alchemy as a profession to make his weapons magical.  So yes, he will be a dual weapons ranger, but since E6 is so versatile, he will also become a moderate spell caster and ranged wildcard.

It looks like i need a feat progression to get to were I need to go, Greater Two weapon fighting, evasion, etc...

What ya think?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on June 02, 2011, 08:37:26 AM
Okay, I think i would like to go as a gnomish ranger from the pirate island.  This character would fashion his own throwing axes and will also build his own gnomish double hook hammer.  Darkwood hilt, mithral touchy parts.  He will work towards alchemy as a profession to make his weapons magical.  So yes, he will be a dual weapons ranger, but since E6 is so versatile, he will also become a moderate spell caster and ranged wildcard.

It looks like i need a feat progression to get to were I need to go, Greater Two weapon fighting, evasion, etc...

What ya think?

Sounds good. Gotta love them crazy Gnomes and their alchemy. By the way, a houserule of mine is that Ranger's do not need to halve their level to determine the qualities of their animal companion.

RubySlippers

I'm going with a druid at E6 and a standard race should be good. Not sure of race though but she will ne neutral in the middle somewhere and be rather eccentric.

I figure she makes her living gathering rare herbs, some mining in areas no human could get to since she can fly and healing plus lilkely would trade with anyone on a case by case basis. Drow and goblins/kobalds only certain indivduals on her terms likely the deal is she leave herbs here, you leave a some things she can use or trade and its all good. And likely will have a skill at making medicines if I take Craft (medicines) could it produce useful items she could trade not potions more use this and in a day you can regain 1d3 hit points if you rest.

RubySlippers

My stat rolls -

17:04:07 At 2011-06-02 17:04:07, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
27063 Noone or Anyone 2011-06-02 17:03:56 At 2011-06-02 17:03:56, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
27062 Noone or Anyone 2011-06-02 17:03:31 At 2011-06-02 17:03:31, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
25321 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:41 At 2011-04-30 19:44:41, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
25320 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:23 At 2011-04-30 19:44:23, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
25319 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:07 At 2011-04-30 19:44:07, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14

I will be a Level 6 druid but race is undecided but she is going to be neutral and get her powers from the general force of nature itself over a deity.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 02, 2011, 03:50:19 PM
I'm going with a druid at E6 and a standard race should be good. Not sure of race though but she will ne neutral in the middle somewhere and be rather eccentric.

So not tied to any particualr faction? That works too.

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 02, 2011, 03:50:19 PMI figure she makes her living gathering rare herbs, some mining in areas no human could get to since she can fly and healing plus lilkely would trade with anyone on a case by case basis. Drow and goblins/kobalds only certain indivduals on her terms likely the deal is she leave herbs here, you leave a some things she can use or trade and its all good. And likely will have a skill at making medicines if I take Craft (medicines) could it produce useful items she could trade not potions more use this and in a day you can regain 1d3 hit points if you rest.

Craft (alchemy) makes the most sense. Also goodberry is a first level druid spell. 

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 02, 2011, 05:15:05 PM
My stat rolls -

17:04:07 At 2011-06-02 17:04:07, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
27063 Noone or Anyone 2011-06-02 17:03:56 At 2011-06-02 17:03:56, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
27062 Noone or Anyone 2011-06-02 17:03:31 At 2011-06-02 17:03:31, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
25321 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:41 At 2011-04-30 19:44:41, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
25320 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:23 At 2011-04-30 19:44:23, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
25319 Noone or Anyone 2011-04-30 19:44:07 At 2011-04-30 19:44:07, DianeK (uid: 670) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14

I will be a Level 6 druid but race is undecided but she is going to be neutral and get her powers from the general force of nature itself over a deity.

Nice stats, this druid is going to be quite good.

TheHangedOne

I'll be doing a 32 point buy for my character, who I am deciding, will probably not be a Favored Soul at all. Leaning more towards a Sorceror/Dragon Disciple now. Is that alright?

Edit: Addendum: On second thought, Human Warlock. Sorry, I'm typically quite flighty when it comes to character creation. I wouldn't be surprised if I changed my mind again.
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 02, 2011, 06:56:15 PM
I'll be doing a 32 point buy for my character, who I am deciding, will probably not be a Favored Soul at all. Leaning more towards a Sorceror/Dragon Disciple now. Is that alright?

Edit: Addendum: On second thought, Human Warlock. Sorry, I'm typically quite flighty when it comes to character creation. I wouldn't be surprised if I changed my mind again.

Warlocks wouldn't be common (well, maybe amougst the drow), but PCs are often about being the exception, so yeah, that works. So you won’t be with the bird folk then after all.

TheHangedOne

Correct. I'll be with the humans...the way I figure it, my character's primary motivation for leaving the safety of the fort is basically him being run out for what he can do. Though I may ditch that idea. I'll probably have a dozen more before I pick one.

By the way, a question for you, Lisztes. May I please have the option of taking a feat OR gaining a new invocation for my warlock? Or, if I'd accumulate them too quickly, maybe I can only take 1 for every 3 feats I earn? Something to that effect?
Check out my poet tree!

Seaweed

I'm interested.

What of Necromancers? Orsome form of magic user?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Seaweed on June 03, 2011, 03:35:50 AM
I'm interested.

What of Necromancers? Orsome form of magic user?

They are present on the island. Necromancers may be treated with some suspicion, but nothing serious.

RubySlippers

Actually looking at humans only having around 500 adults it would be a good thing to be a wizard they would be rare at most two or three, and likely well regarded unless your just a bad one. I will note your magic cuts off at Level 3 so no animating skeletons or zombies for a Necromancer. I might suggest a plain old wizard or a practical specialist ,Diviner or Transmuter, are not bad. Remember direct spells on Drow may not work at all so you have to work around them like summoning creatures or the like.

Seaweed

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 03, 2011, 06:59:14 AM
  They are present on the island. Necromancers may be treated with some suspicion, but nothing serious.

Cooltastic I suppose.

QuoteActually looking at humans only having around 500 adults it would be a good thing to be a wizard they would be rare at most two or three, and likely well regarded unless your just a bad one. I will note your magic cuts off at Level 3 so no animating skeletons or zombies for a Necromancer. I might suggest a plain old wizard or a practical specialist ,Diviner or Transmuter, are not bad. Remember direct spells on Drow may not work at all so you have to work around them like summoning creatures or the like.

Why can I never find a RP that allows for a true Necromancer....ergh. Fine now I have to deal with a boring wizard.

RubySlippers

I'm going to run a neutral alignment, 6th level, elf, female, druid serving the general Force of Nature over a deity.

Ability Scores (with the 4th level adjustment *): Str 14, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18 *, Cha 15.

Should be a decent druid methinks and I can still get all the elven weapons. I'd like to take the variant where you lose wild shape for more of a martial focus if its alright from the OGL here is the basics. (add edit with the link its near the bottom)

EDIT: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#otherClassVariants  Seems to me to fit an elf druid with high defenses, no armor, tracking I will lose wild shape and won't get fast track but her Armor Class naked and wet would be 19 with her dex added in and all the other features are there to. Wild Shape is a big tradeoff but it would free feats to do other things with. If you will allow it all mighty and wise GM whose benevolence is legendary. (butt kissing never hurts  :D )

Note its the one at the bottom of the page under Other Class Variants with the monk and some ranger abilities.

LisztesFerenc

RubySlippers

TheHangedOne

By the way, a question for you, Lisztes. May I please have the option of taking a feat OR gaining a new invocation for my warlock? Or, if I'd accumulate them too quickly, maybe I can only take 1 for every 3 feats I earn? Something to that effect?
Check out my poet tree!

Aether

Made those three changes, Lisztes.  Once you put up a character sheet thread, I will drop it in there!

Healergirl

This is utterly fascinating.  I just finished reading the E6 rules and they address fault I have with RP games - and not just D&D.    that being the way characters become nearly godlike in their power.  Wow, love the intent of the rules, Can't wait to see how they play.

I would love to run one of the Healer class home brews.  1st level healers of anybody's brew generally have only slightly more combat power than the average meatloaf, but starting the game at 6th level, my healergirl would have a little weight to throw against wandering monsters.  I have in mind a NG secular healer, doesn't get her powers from any god, is a servant to the healing arts themselves.  She would be unaligned and apolitical as possible, treating anybody who comes to her for help.  Something of an honest broker/arbiter for the factions, a woman who will speak to or for anybody.

Problem is, RubySlippers has something close to that already.  I don't want to step on her toes.  But I am very very interested in playing in the game.

RubySlippers, If you consider my idea to be crowding yours, I will be happy to come up with something else, I do have another character idea in mind.

LisztesFerenc, if RubySlippers doesn't have a problem with me running a healer (and don't be shy, RS, I want you to enjoy the game too)  I will of course send you the links for any Healer class designs I am considering.

RubySlippers

I dabble in healing a spell here and there I think four over one zero level spell, the rest are for other things. And I will have the healing spell and a craft (medicinals) but again a pure healer will likely be far batter. At a basic level she is more of a rugged woodswoman who happens to be a druidess.

In fact your character could be a nice lover for my character maybe.  :-*

ofDelusions

I am interested in taking part in this. Hmmn, what class... Maybe a beguiler or DFI bard...

Actually I have three questions LisztesFerenc:

1) Are all books allowed?

2) What level of optimisation are you comfortable with? *Glances at her DFI-bard idea nearvously*

3) what section would this game be in?

I am sorry if those have been answered and I just missed them. Tried to look hard.

ps:

@TheHangedMan: Isn't there Extra invocation feat in Complete Arcane?

@Seaweed: There is Summon undead line of spells in Spell compendium.

TheHangedOne

@ofDelusions I haven't a clue, but that's a good point. Let me go take a look.

Edit: Addendum:
EXTRA INVOCATION []

You learn an additional invocation.

Prerequisite: Ability to use lesser invocations.

Benefit: You learn one additional invocation from the list available to you, choosing an invocation of one grade lower than the highest grade of invocation you know.

For example, a 6th-level warlock could learn a least invocation, while a 16th-level warlock could learn any least, lesser, or greater invocation.

Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time, you gain an extra invocation of any grade (least, lesser, or greater) up to one lower than the highest grade of invocation you can currently use.

Which still restricts me to only ever having the one Lesser invocation and no Greaters. Still, I can do a lot with this.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

RubySlippers,

Thank you!  I will put her together as soon as possible.  And I would be delighted to get to know your character - in every sense of the term - when we stumble across each other in-game.  :-*

Possible backstory for my character to explain why a healer is out on her own:  !.  Shipwreck victim, significant memory loss after being washed up on a beach. 2. Escaped Drow slave maybe?  A healer is a lot more valuable than a menial worker or bed warmer.  The Drow could be looking for her with varying degrees of effort.

RubySlippers

Wait wouldn't Drow be effective class levels of only three, with the ECL penalty?

Its not like one of them will have any huge advantages even animating dead is a no-no if that is the case its a 3rd level clerical spell, unless they break the rule for ECL in which case they have a decidedly unfair advantage over the rest of the races.

Crovonovin

If she's a shipwreck victim, she may very well have been on the same boat is my character!  Which reminds me to say, hey guys. I'm workin' on a character too!

Ruby, I think she just meant that her character would have been a former slave of the Drow, not that it would actually be a drow.

Healergirl

Right Shihong. She's wouldn't be a Drow, but one of their human slaves.  Maybe.  I am leaning towards the shipwreck survivor, just washed ashore origin at the moment.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Shihong on June 04, 2011, 08:24:00 PM
If she's a shipwreck victim, she may very well have been on the same boat is my character!  Which reminds me to say, hey guys. I'm workin' on a character too!

Ruby, I think she just meant that her character would have been a former slave of the Drow, not that it would actually be a drow.

No I meant in the game setting wouldn't Drow as a race and faction have modest levels over most of the other races, the ECL is +3 if I'm correct that makes the highest level a Level 3, so how are they making undead no spellcaster would have that kind of power. A cleric must be at least Level 5 to get Animate Dead. Unless there are some feats or something that could help?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 04, 2011, 09:05:42 PM
No I meant in the game setting wouldn't Drow as a race and faction have modest levels over most of the other races, the ECL is +3 if I'm correct that makes the highest level a Level 3, so how are they making undead no spellcaster would have that kind of power. A cleric must be at least Level 5 to get Animate Dead. Unless there are some feats or something that could help?
The Drow could have Warlocks that are using The Dead Walk.

THE DEAD WALK
Lesser; 4th

You can turn the bones or bodies of dead creatures into undead skeletons or zombies (as the animate dead spell). Unless you include the normal material component for the spell (an onyx gem worth 25 gp per Hit Die of the undead) as part of the process, undead created by this ability crumble into dust after 1 minute per caster level.

Edit: Addendum: Nope. They'd still be a level shy...maybe they're using scrolls, or an artifact?
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Good Point, RubySlippers.  Possibly the Drow are using Ritual Magic rules to gain the extra pep to create Undead.  In addition to that:  Personally, I'm betting that at least one of the Drow is of a higher level than six.

ofDelusions

LA works differently in E6. Instead of raising you ECL it decreases your point buy.

Drow for example would be using 25 pb instead of 32

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 04, 2011, 01:11:06 PM
1) Are all books allowed?

I'll consider anything be it WotC, third party or homebrew. Just run it by me, chances are I'll allow it.

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 04, 2011, 01:11:06 PM2) What level of optimisation are you comfortable with? *Glances at her DFI-bard idea nearvously*

Hard to answer. I don't think there's anything wrong with a DFI bard, I'll tell you if you pumped the number of extra d6s too high.

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 04, 2011, 01:11:06 PM3) what section would this game be in?

I haven't decided yet. I tend to go for the most extreme to allow as many options open as possible, but it depends on what the players want.

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 05, 2011, 02:56:49 AM
LA works differently in E6. Instead of raising you ECL it decreases your point buy.

Drow for example would be using 25 pb instead of 32

That is correct.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 04, 2011, 08:16:29 AM

You can use extra invocation to gain a new least one, then when you gain your next feat you can then choose a new one, and will have the option of swapping both for a new lesser.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 04, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
LisztesFerenc, if RubySlippers doesn't have a problem with me running a healer (and don't be shy, RS, I want you to enjoy the game too)  I will of course send you the links for any Healer class designs I am considering.

Are you refering to the healer class in the miniature's handbook?

ofDelusions

Human bard it is! And number of D6s will most likely be 4 for a start (1 normal, +1 from song of heart, +1 from inspirational boost, +1 from magic item whos name I don't remember at the moment (if we have magic items that is)

Or wait, would Silverbrow human be too exotic? (from Dragon Magic, trades +1 skill point per level for dragonblood subtype and feather fall 1/day. Fluff is that an ancestor was half-silverdragon). It would explain her magical abilities (dragonic blood and all) and free a feat from dragontouched to extra music >.>

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 05, 2011, 05:00:41 AM
Or wait, would Silverbrow human be too exotic? (from Dragon Magic, trades +1 skill point per level for dragonblood subtype and feather fall 1/day. Fluff is that an ancestor was half-silverdragon). It would explain her magical abilities (dragonic blood and all) and free a feat from dragontouched to extra music >.>

Given your character it makes sense, but some NPCs may pick up on your exotic heritage.

Any idea which faction if any your character will be from?

ofDelusions

LisztesFerenc

ofDelusions

Aether

I am really excited about this.  My little gnome is going to some neat things  ^.^

TheHangedOne

Here's my character sheet, because I'm a fancy lad.  :D I used pathguy.com's 3.5 character generator, by the way, which is pretty nice.  It makes a printable sheet...so I got screencaps of it, and just threw it together in paint. 

1,042 spare gold
Bedroll
Mirror, small steel
Tent
Rope, silk
Traveler's Outfit
Handy Haversack

Acid, flask 3x
Alchemist's fire, flask 3x

Leather Armor
Short Spear +1
Ring of Sustenance
Bracers of Armor +1
Cloak of resistance +1

Potions:
Enlarge Person 1x
Cure Moderate Wounds 3x

Scrolls
Identify 2x
Bull's Strength 1x
Summon Monster I 4x
Tiny Hut 1x
Comprehend Languages 4x

Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Name: Redrick Schuhart
Race: Human

Redrick was something of an anomaly born in the Fort. Lacking in the physical strength of his father, but inheriting his mother's quick wit, he was, from a young age, shoehorned into the roll of warrior. It wasn't until he got older and his strange powers began to manifest that genuine problems started to arise.

Initially believed to be a Sorceror, he consorted with the handful of other mages, and his training took a different direction; towards nurturing this rare arcane gift. But the few Sorcerors and Wizards, who only worked with each other out of necessity, found out quite quickly that he was no Sorceror. He had a natural gift, yes, but their was something far, far different about it.

Although Redrick tried to get along with the others, he often found himself alienated by virtue of what he could do.  This treatment could only be bared for so long, however, before he just grew wary of it all, and said "To the Nine Hells with it", and decided to leave. As the game starts, he is setting off to try and find a place where he feels like he belongs.

Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Lisztesferenc,

It is based on that, I think.  Here is a link:  http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healer_%283.5e_Class%29

But I am reconsidering.  We have a lot of interesting character concepts but I notice an acute lack of head-knockers.  We will be reliant on hiring/influencing NPCs for that.  Now, we are not necessarily going to all be allies, so I think trying to turn ourselves into a "balanced" party is a waste of time and not really in the spirit of the game.  But still, I may reconsider just to have a character with a different style of play in the game.

Extreme?  Fine by me.  For me, it is all about context.  Forcing sexual/extreme content into the game does not work for me at all.  But if it flows naturally from game play, bring it on!  For example:  The setting notes mention that the goblins are some nasty sadistic little buggers.  If my character gets captured by them, (and she will make a special point of avoiding those critters once she finds out about them) well, I would expect certain things will happen.  I'm good with that.  A lot of us are running female characters, that puts us at certain risks if taken alive.  Well, the guys too, if the captors swing that way.    But having it dropped out of the sky on me, no.  Flow of play, yes!

TheHangedOne

I agree with Healergirl when it comes to the content rating.  Also, HG: Are you gonna play a Buxom Barbarian Babe?  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Buxom?  Big Boobs get in the way.  ;)

I tend to go with the more lithely athletic types.  Think Olympic level women's athletes, but maybe with a bit more muscle in the shoulders and arms (all that armor and weaponry, y'know).

RubySlippers

Quote from: Healergirl on June 05, 2011, 09:00:51 AM
Lisztesferenc,

It is based on that, I think.  Here is a link:  http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healer_%283.5e_Class%29

But I am reconsidering.  We have a lot of interesting character concepts but I notice an acute lack of head-knockers.  We will be reliant on hiring/influencing NPCs for that.  Now, we are not necessarily going to all be allies, so I think trying to turn ourselves into a "balanced" party is a waste of time and not really in the spirit of the game.  But still, I may reconsider just to have a character with a different style of play in the game.

Extreme?  Fine by me.  For me, it is all about context.  Forcing sexual/extreme content into the game does not work for me at all.  But if it flows naturally from game play, bring it on!  For example:  The setting notes mention that the goblins are some nasty sadistic little buggers.  If my character gets captured by them, (and she will make a special point of avoiding those critters once she finds out about them) well, I would expect certain things will happen.  I'm good with that.  A lot of us are running female characters, that puts us at certain risks if taken alive.  Well, the guys too, if the captors swing that way.    But having it dropped out of the sky on me, no.  Flow of play, yes!

Not to mention "a druidess and her big wolf" going at it like beasts - he will be much nicer than most menfolk.  :D

My character is a very fit, attractive and wise elven druidess she is going to look good but in a feminine way. I need to find a suitable actress to elfify though.

Healergirl

RS,

Your druid sounds better and better.  My militaryish characters go for the lean athletic look.  My healer will likely resemble my icon.  A city girl, not a wilderness typel

RubySlippers

Well I had to put healing on the minor front her major skills are wilderness survival currently at +15 and then Concentration with the others smattered around. Her profession skills are Herbalist and Mountain Woman (kind of the classic "mountain man"  that makes money doing several things involving the wilderness might have skill at skinning animals for furs, a panning for gold etc.). On the plus side the Drow want you she could could take you deeper into the wild places where they would not likely want to go and when facing an angry druid is less pleasant.

Mostly though she is perfectly able to go into the wild and live supporting a family without any help if she had to.

And she will have her companion animal not sure what yet a big male wolf would be fun but there are many options.

Aether

I guess a gnomish dual wielding ranger is a bit on the small side for head knocking...

ofDelusions

I'm considering getting a wand of restoration, lesser, but I am wondering wether or not it would be too cheesy if it was made by a Paladin. Since Wand of 1st level Paladin spell costs 1500 while wand of 2nd level cleric spell costs 4500...

We had normal WBL magic items, right?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 06, 2011, 02:28:12 AM
I'm considering getting a wand of restoration, lesser, but I am wondering wether or not it would be too cheesy if it was made by a Paladin. Since Wand of 1st level Paladin spell costs 1500 while wand of 2nd level cleric spell costs 4500...

Well it takes 3 rounds to activate, and depending on your UMD modifier you may waste some charges, so it seems fair.

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 06, 2011, 02:28:12 AMWe had normal WBL magic items, right?

Yes.

For house rules, I am considering the following:

1. Due to the skills being less useful in the setting:
    a. Knowledge (nobility) is merged with knowledge history.
    b. Knowledge (local) is merged with knowledge geography.
  2. If you are from the island, or have been there for at least a year, knowledge (nature) and survival are considered class skills. You get a +2 bonus to such checks if they were already class skills.
  3. If you are not from the island, you can have an extra 1,000gp worth of starting wealth to make up for being unprepared for the environment.

Thoughts?

Aether

Works for me  ^.^

I would like to just spend my money on alchemical components to make stone skin somethings.  Also, money will be spent on the lil gnomes forge.  And a starting stockpile metal to represent his years of hoarding...

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Guidlines in the DMG. Its 13,000gp for a 6th level character.

TheHangedOne

Alright, groovy.*Goes back to tinker on his sheet post.*
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Looking at the Healer class skill list: 

Concentration (Con), Craft (Medicine)(Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Knowledge (Nobility) (Int), Knowledge (Religion)(Int), Profession (apothecary) (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (N/A), Spellcraft (Int).

I request a couple of modifications:  Change Knowledge (Nobility) to Handle Animals.   Profession (Apothecary) seems to be made redundant by Craft (medicine).  How about Profession (Veterinarian).  I like animals, Ok?  Knowledge (Local), I'm not sure about.  I'm going to run a castaway, so she wouldn't know diddly about the island.  But she could learn fast.  How are skill point gains going to be handled, if any?

RubySlippers

I made a change my character is a Druid and on level of Rogue - mostly to help get around stealthily it also adds a bit of sneak attack never know when that could be handy like hunting a rabbit or a drow off from his scouting party taking a leak in the back with an arrow (if she can get close enough).

And I agree we need a Skill Gaining Feat might I suggest one level of skill points per feat slot this would include all race and intelligence modifiers.

ofDelusions

Rolled hp. Was stupid and rolled the dice one by one.

27234   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:26   At 2011-06-06 08:11:26, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
27233   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:11   At 2011-06-06 08:11:11, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
27232   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:07   At 2011-06-06 08:11:07, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
27231   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:10:51   At 2011-06-06 08:10:51, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
27230   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:10:45   At 2011-06-06 08:10:45, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 2

So hp is 6 (1st level) + 4+5+6+5+2 +12 (con) = 40

I think there IS a skill gaining feat in E6 rules somewhere.

Edit: rechecked and can't find thefeat so forget I said anything.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AM
I request a couple of modifications:  Change Knowledge (Nobility) to Handle Animals. Profession (Apothecary) seems to be made redundant by Craft (medicine). How about Profession (Veterinarian).  I like animals, Ok?

Both changes are acceptable.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AMKnowledge (Local), I'm not sure about.  I'm going to run a castaway, so she wouldn't know diddly about the island.  But she could learn fast. 

Yeah, especially since the skill has been merged with geography.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AMHow are skill point gains going to be handled, if any?

A feat to gain an extra 6 skill points seems fair.

Healergirl

Well, since this is the first D&D game I've played in mumble years, I decided to go old school with my ability score selection.

27244   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:24   At 2011-06-06 16:17:24, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
27243   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:22   At 2011-06-06 16:17:22, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 9
27242   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:17   At 2011-06-06 16:17:17, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
27241   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:12   At 2011-06-06 16:17:12, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
27240   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:16:44   At 2011-06-06 16:16:44, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
27239   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:16:24   At 2011-06-06 16:16:24, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15

TheHangedOne

I've edited my previous post with character history and an inventory list.

Addendum: By the way, if any other human players want to start play with their character  knowing Redrick, feel free to discuss details with me.
Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

My character sheet: http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=18538

Bio and history will come before end of the week I hope. Peraps even today.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 07, 2011, 12:26:10 PM
My character sheet: http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=18538

Bio and history will come before end of the week I hope. Peraps even today.
Sorry, the requested character can not be shown. Either you don't have permission to edit it, the sheet isn't publicly viewable, or the character does not exist.
Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

Just realised I need to drop my backbag on the ground before every fight, so that I can use my Snowflake wardance D:

Oh well, need to murder some goblin for handy haversack or something xD

Ixy

Hi guys-- I've submitted a barbarian for this game, just so you know.  Hope it works out!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Lisztetferenec

If my math is accurate, my stat rolls came out to  29 points on the  buy system.  Can I wheedle three buy points out of you to adjust stats?

Altair1983

If their is still room id like to throw my hat in for this? though if im welcomed i made need some combing through of my sheet since this will be my first time using e6 rules.

LisztesFerenc

Sorry about my abscense, real life getting in the way.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 09, 2011, 10:52:59 AM
Lisztetferenec

If my math is accurate, my stat rolls came out to  29 points on the  buy system.  Can I wheedle three buy points out of you to adjust stats?

Part of the risk of rolling over using point buy is that you can end up with lower stats, but since your class lacks combat abilities I will allow it.

To evereyone: I am about to leave for two weeks, once I get back the game can begin. In the meanwhile if you could form some groups that would help me a lot, since if you all start in your own solo thread my ability to post will be spread thin.

If you still wish to join you can PM me or p[ost your character concept here, but it is unlikely I will be able to comment on it for two weeks.

KingandFatherland

Hey Lisztes, you know the details for my character already and whatnot - I'm just posting here to officially put myself in the roster, as it were, haha :P I'll IM you either now or two weeks from now (or whatever) and we'll go over the final details there and then...yeah.

By the way, Hello, Everyone ^^ Cool to see so many people getting involved in this game :D
For God, King and Fatherland, Ireland is United

Ixy

i agree... this looks like an exciting game, and I look forward to rping with so many people I haven't yet gotten to know.  I look forward to seeing what everyone came up with in a 'live' setting :)

Healergirl

Lisztesferenc,

Thanks, I would have been fine with a "live by the dice, die by the dice" answer, but I certainly appreciate the extra points.

And to make the GM's life easier, I agree wholeheartedly with his suggestion that we group up.  There are a lot of us, this is going to be a very ambitious project on his part.  If the GM isn't having fun, nobody will.

Ixy, you mentioned to me that you wanted to play in a game I was in, which I find very flattering.  I would be glad to start the game grouped with you.  I am running a human healer, what are you running?  RubySlippers has mentioned in-thread a desire to hook up with my character.  She is running an elven druid. Three is a good number to start with in play.  This is merely a suggestion on my part, what do the two of you think?

Shihong had speculated that his char and mine might be survivors from the same shipwreck. I'm cool with that, Shihong.  I see us as being separated by the wreck, neither of us knows the other is alive.  That could set up some interesting dynamics if we find our respective player groups working at cross-purposes when we meet in game.  What do you think?

Hmm.  The Major NPC power groups, several player factions - and not the stereotypical "balanced" adventuring parties either.  - who will certainly develop their own agendas.  We have a recipe for player versus player conflict here.  Not combat necessarily, but certainly conflict.

Fascinating situation.  I can't wait to see how it unfolds!

RubySlippers

I liked my dice rolls, oh yes they blew point buy away though.  :D

I have to remember to post my character later.

Crovonovin

That sounds perfectly workable to me, Healer!  It would be a fair bit more plausible to have them come from the same wreck, and having some sort of tie to someone else on the island right off the bat might prove useful, even if they take awhile to find one another again. 

RubySlippers

You could be lucky and be found by my Druidess either fleeing from the Drow or on the beach and my getting there to get anything good to trade and all I find are mouths to feed.  ;D

Healergirl

RubySlippers,

Pretty much what I was thinking, you find my char shortly after she washes ashore clinging to the bit of wreckage she has lashed herself and her gear to.  She wakes up and very much to her surprise is not choking on seawater in her lungs!

RubySlippers

And any other survivors could be with me, she is faction neutral pretty much save the drow elves and even there non-drow mercenaries she might have the odd trade with if its on her terms, plus she can take care of two more in her wilderness easily enough.

Ixy

I'm playing Xenathiel, a barbarian native to the island.  She lives near, but not among, the forest camp.  She's known to have allied herself to them on many occasions-- typically when it comes to finding or hunting Drow or bandits.
If she were aware of a shipwreck, she would certainly be interested-- as, certainly, would be other factions of the island.  It would give us a great chance to interact, which is what I'm hoping for.

Edit: I'm sorry about the massive size of that last image.  I scaled it down.

Healergirl

That sounds splendid, Ixy.  And my oh my, what a muscle babe that pic is!  Ahem.  <pretends she didn't write that and changes subject >  Time to get cracking on my Healer.

RubySlippers

Healergirl

27555   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-12 15:23:51   At 2011-06-12 15:23:51, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 6d4a12 Result: 24

My hitpoints roll.  OMG.  Well, I said I didn't want to play a combat monster, looks like Lady Luck took me at my word.

Edit:  wait, max roll for level one is what others have done.  Ok, change one of those ones to a four, makes 27.  Every little bit helps.

Crovonovin

Wonderful image Ixy!  If you still have the larger version, could you send it to me or post it here in a spoiler?  I've got a bit of a character art collection going 20+ Gigs or so and would love to make another addition!

LisztesFerenc

ooh, internet, didn't expect to have it here. Anyway, glad to see the groups seem to be forming. Just to be clear, you do not have to be in a group. For example, Aether's character will most likely start solo since no one else's character is on the Pirate Island. If you want to start alone, tell me and I’ll see if it will work out.

TheHangedOne

I imagine my human will be starting alone, since I don't really see how he could start with the other groups...but it's probable he'll encoutner one of the groups after a wee bit.
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

My first post IC will be a brief account of the shipwreck, I think, concluding with my character beginning to wake up amidst some debris.  I expect to be found by Ixy or Rubyslippers very quickly.

Hmm.  My character waking up in the middle of a heated arguement over who had dibs on the castaway could be pretty surreal, I think.

Crovonovin

Mine shall be starting alone as well, and you're free to have him wash up wherever you wish!

Helenia

Hi all I have been lurking watching this thread and game progress. May as well make an appearance now. I have been smoothing a few things over with LisztesFerenc about a character and such and we have ironed one out as im not the most up to date on the D&D world.

Im going to be running a Human Fighter from the Hill Fort of the Island so if anyone wanted to try and work our two characters in together that would be a bit better than playing alone and I know it would make LisztesFerenc’s life a little easier.

TheHangedOne

Hey, Helenia. My character is a Human Warlock and also from the Hill Fort. Maybe we can hash out some details, and start together?
Check out my poet tree!

Aether

My character is burried in a PM somewhere and I will get it on a sheet asap!

Ixy

Quote from: Healergirl on June 14, 2011, 03:51:04 PM
Hmm.  My character waking up in the middle of a heated arguement over who had dibs on the castaway could be pretty surreal, I think.

Well, that's an idea at least... a little good-natured conflict, some distrust over good intentions, etc.

ofDelusions

So who wants 4d6 fire damage added to all of her/his attacks to start game with a sexy bardess? Perhaps Deneve is a serving as a guide or translator for some character? She knows many places in island and has Tongues spell.

Ixy

Well, I wouldn't object, but at this rate I'm not confident that the game will last long enough for various groups to meet.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

I was thinking, how about Helenia, Hanged man and me all start as a group of three at the hill fort? We would have a second group of three that way!

TheHangedOne

If Helenia is cool with it, so am I. I'm fairly laid back like that.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Helenia

Im happy for us all to play as a group, more the merrier.

So another small group rounded up nicely.

ofDelusions

So any ideas why our chars start together? I think mine could have been asked to guide you to some place or something.

TheHangedOne

My character is choosing to leave the Fort because he feels alienated there. He might spend some of his spare gold to hire a guide.  If your character had a reason to leave/get kicked out, the three of us could all start off as exiles.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

I fully support that idea! Deneve is sort of semi-exile already, traveling around the island and visiting all the groups. Yes even drow. Disguise self + tongues ftw.

Helenia

Any reason for us to start together is good enough. Deneve could return to the Hill Fort one day and inspire a few of it’s citizens that a life outside of the defences is a more exciting and fulfilling life.

Exile is good too, or just convenience does me.

Deneve being a guide would be useful though, maybe me and The Hanged Man meet up shortly into the storyline and tag along with a a guide for safety?

ofDelusions

Go Team Exile!

*Wanders of to check she actually had ranks in survival.*

Healergirl

A questi0n about feats:  Characters gain an additional feat very even numbered level?

ofDelusions

LisztesFerenc

Okay, I'm back. Glad to see some groups have been formed. As I see it we have:

Triple Team – The Three Dames (Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers)
  Triple Team – The Exiles (Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan)
  Solo – The Travelling Holy Man (Shihong)
  Solo – The Gnome Entrepreneur (Aether)
  Solo – The Solitary Hunter (KingandFatherland)

That’ll work.

So with 9 players I have 18 threads to use. 5 game threads and one general OOC thread leaves 12. Aether mentioned a character sheet thread and then I’ll have one for Rumours and Events that will affect the whole island either directly or indirectly, such as “A huge storm is approaching from the south-west,” or “The dark elves are preparing for a military strike on the Hill Fort”. That leaves 10. Anything I missed? (I’m guessing you don’t need an OOC for each game, and I’m worried it will clog up the forum.)
  Apart from that, all I need to hear from you if where you want to start on the island and I can start making the game threads tomorrow.

Two more things:
  @ The Exiles: The drow have a mercenary army, so whilst they are certainly not friendly to outsiders they won’t kill/enslave them on sight. However being caught impersonating one of them will be a serious crime, so you might want to abandon any attempt to disguise yourselves. Apart from that you can go to any factions with minimal trouble save the abandoned Galleon. They will try and kill you. Plus there are the loads of traps.
  Also, a map. My art skills on paint (and paper for that matter) are pretty terrible, so how much do you need one of the whole island?

Crovonovin

I imagine that just a very generalized map will do, to give us an overall idea of placement.  Here's a few island maps I had kicking around that might serve some purpose.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

RubySlippers

Question will the Galleon folk trade with my druid outside their territory, is there someplace for that?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 25, 2011, 05:15:18 PM
Question will the Galleon folk trade with my druid outside their territory, is there someplace for that?

No, the goblins and kobolds almost never leave their home territory and do not trade with others. Every over faction will be open to the possibility however. The only way it could happen is if the goblinoids were starving and you offer food, whilst be obviously too powerful to take down.

RubySlippers

Okay just checking let me druid up that area as a no go-to zone with druid runes. (carves away and adds some poles) Okay done. lol

For Drow it will depend but she is inclined not to.

But that leaves the humans, elves, halflings, dwarves and gnomes and others like the avians.

TheHangedOne

I believe all of us Exiles will be starting out right at the outskirts of the Fort. Or possibly even inside it.  Duly noted about the Drow and goblins.
Check out my poet tree!

Tagan

Is there room for a human monk?  I have a E6 character sheet complete and a background ready... especially, as I was going for a recent shipwreck survivor...

Crovonovin

I can certainly vouch for Tagan, and since we already have two survivors of a shipwreck it wouldn't be a stretch to add one more.  It's entirely up to you though, Lisztes.  If it would make things easier, perhaps her character and mine could wash ashore together?

Tagan

Sounds good to me!

Let me link the sheet.  It's been used, but the character is 6th...
Kasumi

LisztesFerenc

Sounds good. And now I think I will close the game to new characters now, 10 is high enough.

Tagan – about your character sheet: You have too much gear. 6th level characters have 13,000gp to play with. Also your silvered kami’s damage should be 1d6-1. Finally could you list the source of your feats. Apart from that though everything seems in order.

Tagan

Yes, the character was in use, and so has some extra gear.  To reflect her shipwrecked state, most of the gear will be going away.

I'll get on that right away.

Edit: Done!  When do we start?

RubySlippers

Question how is land use dealt with I wanted to buy a nice cave with some natural springs coming off her land, the water free to all to use if they come in peace but the cave a druid home and it would also be a holy place. Maybe between the forest and human settlements.

The deal for getting the cave would have been to allow free access to the water except if any pool is inside the cave or used for druid rituals maybe a small one with standing stones to a side.

I wanted to drop a good portion of her money on that as one valued resource under her and the druid communities care.

LisztesFerenc

Here is a crude map. I would like to apologize to the original creator of this picture for mutilating and scribbling all over it.

Key:

1 - The Drow Caves
  2 - The Cliff Nest
  3 - The Hill Fort
  4 - The Forest Camp
  5 - The Pirate Island (The yellow line marks the edge of the shallow water, beyond which they rarely sail.)
  6 - The Abandoned Galleon

So, each group could start in the following location:

Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers - Maybe on the northern edge of the forest camp territory? Are you going with the finding a washed up Ixy for the start?

Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan - At the Hill Fort. Are you arriving, already staying there for a short while or just leaving?

Shihong and Tagan - Maybe east of the Hill Fort.

Aether - Pirate Island. Doing what, about to set out to gather supplies for your ultimate project?

KingandFatherland - Already discussed, you'll end up somewhere near the Hill Fort.

Also for Ixy, Shihong and Tagan: I assume you were on the same ship (the pair of you fell off before it ultimately sunk to explain your different location). How well do your characters know each other?

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 27, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
Question how is land use dealt with I wanted to buy a nice cave with some natural springs coming off her land, the water free to all to use if they come in peace but the cave a druid home and it would also be a holy place. Maybe between the forest and human settlements.

The deal for getting the cave would have been to allow free access to the water except if any pool is inside the cave or used for druid rituals maybe a small one with standing stones to a side.

I wanted to drop a good portion of her money on that as one valued resource under her and the druid communities care.

Deduct either 500gp for an area in the north of the forest (represents an agreement with a tribal elder) or 2,000gp for an area in the south of the forest (represents an agreement with the Hill Fort which is more solid and the tribes won't be too bothered).

TheHangedOne

At least with my character, he's been there his entire life and when play begins, that will be like Day Zero of his adventure; he's just finished getting his affairs in order and leaving.
Check out my poet tree!

Helenia

I was going to go with starting at the fort from the point of leaving, meeting The HangedMan by coincidence is the best way I can see us meeting and maybe OfDelusions shortly after becoming our guide?

ofDelusions

Crovonovin

Perhaps we could start off on that little jutting peninsula to the east of Hill Fort.

As for how well we know one another, I imagine we would have met for the first time aboard the ship.  But I believe that a wandering good-aligned Cleric and a Monk would probably see eye to eye on many things (though perhaps not all things), so it would be reasonable to assume that the two are on friendly terms.  Me and Tagan could discuss it a bit more in private if necessary.

Ixy

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 27, 2011, 02:54:13 PM
  Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers - Maybe on the northern edge of the forest camp territory? Are you going with the finding a washed up Ixy for the start?

I think we were starting with Healer washed on the beach, what with Ruby and I playing an island druid and barbarian and all.

Tagan

Quote from: Shihong on June 27, 2011, 04:46:11 PM
Perhaps we could start off on that little jutting peninsula to the east of Hill Fort.

As for how well we know one another, I imagine we would have met for the first time aboard the ship.  But I believe that a wandering good-aligned Cleric and a Monk would probably see eye to eye on many things (though perhaps not all things), so it would be reasonable to assume that the two are on friendly terms.  Me and Tagan could discuss it a bit more in private if necessary.

Indeed, Kasumi is easy to get along with... and being shipwrecked together does make a natural comradary.  Even if getting to know the only other adventuring passenger on a small ship didn't make them friends, this probably would.

Glad to RP it in the thread or otherwise.

LisztesFerenc

Okay, first game thread is up for Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111656.0

Shihong and Tagan: I'll work on your next but I will most likely be occupied until the evening. I thought holidays were supposed to be less busy...

Quote from: Ixy on June 27, 2011, 07:22:28 PM
I think we were starting with Healer washed on the beach, what with Ruby and I playing an island druid and barbarian and all.

That does make more sense, not sure how I misunderstood that. Anyway, I still need to know where Healergirl is washed up.

TheHangedOne

I added a picture of my character to my posted character sheet, for those curious about what he looks like. I didn't have a thousand words in me to describe him, so I took the lazy route... :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Tagan

I'm trying to find a good starting pic, but it's not easy.

Oh, and I am discussing with Shihong our landing spot... that one seems to be a bit safe for my tastes... I want to get my character motivations started with a bang.  ;)

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Tagan on June 28, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
I'm trying to find a good starting pic, but it's not easy.

Oh, and I am discussing with Shihong our landing spot... that one seems to be a bit safe for my tastes... I want to get my character motivations started with a bang.  ;)

All right, I'll hold off on the opening post then.

Crovonovin

I believe the consensus between the two of us is that we'd like to start somewhere north of the forest people.  Tagan's up for a little danger, and I can't say no to a bit of excitement either!

Helenia

I’ll post a pic of my character up when I find one I like. Might add some bio too.

Are we having a character thread or shall I just post a pic up in the thread you have set you for the Exiles?

Tagan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 28, 2011, 02:48:21 PM
  All right, I'll hold off on the opening post then.

Shihong and I are agreed.  You can start us, on the shoreline north.  The north east, perhaps near the Pirate island, or just past.

Swashbuckler

Tagan

Kasumi, first day on the island?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Tagan on June 29, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
Kasumi, first day on the island?

More like: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111808.0 (Don't worry, I weakened the troll)

Also the OOC and character sheet thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111809.0

@Aether and KingandFatherland: I'll give you your own OOC thread in the solo forum as soon as your games have begun as well.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on June 29, 2011, 05:46:28 AM
Are the goblins playable?  *grin*

Sorry, but 5 groups is my limit. I will keep you in mind in case there are any drop outs. And yes, the goblins are playable.

ofDelusions

Moved few skill points around. Will make my post once Helenia and hanged man have left the fort.

Healergirl

Northern edge of Forest camp territory looks like a good spot for a castaway to wash up.

Tagan

Quote from: Healergirl on June 30, 2011, 07:13:39 PM
Northern edge of Forest camp territory looks like a good spot for a castaway to wash up.

Hey, maybe you'll meet us around there!

Or possibly our fleeing Troll...

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Healergirl on June 30, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

Okay, here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111935.0

I still need to hear from RubySlippers about where her lair is, but that can wait since where ever it is on this side of the island they would both have known to come to this place for the best pickings of the wreckage.

So now just 2 more players and the game will have fully taken off.

Aether

I have my character in not myth weaver form yet, but all the numbers are worked out.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on July 01, 2011, 06:44:46 AM
I have my character in not myth weaver form yet, but all the numbers are worked out.

I am more interested in how you want to start than your character sheet at this point.

RubySlippers

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 30, 2011, 08:38:43 PM
  Okay, here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111935.0

I still need to hear from RubySlippers about where her lair is, but that can wait since where ever it is on this side of the island they would both have known to come to this place for the best pickings of the wreckage.

So now just 2 more players and the game will have fully taken off.

It will be around the Hill Fort maybe with some forest community folk dropping by, since its open to all peaceful folk.

LisztesFerenc

Okay so that’s 2,000gp spent on the property. Do you want to spend any more of your WBL on accessories for the place?

RubySlippers

I'm spending 3000 gp altogether its a druid home its rustic but has a nice living area in back in a nice smaller cave, she tends to keep it basic the only place that is marked off is a side pool with four standing poles with druidic runes on them and a few low stones to mark it off.

I have her almost ready will send her over today.

LisztesFerenc

Aether

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 01, 2011, 12:29:53 PM
  I am more interested in how you want to start than your character sheet at this point.

Okie Dokies.  I bought the mithral +4 chain shirt.  The rest I would like to go into his laboratory and his ship and stone wright tools.  That being the rest of his gold for level.  I would like him to be working on the hull of a design for a new ship when he runs out of a key ingredient.  He has to go to the main land to fetch it, no light under taking, say 1000 gp of supplies.

Maybe we can introduce him on the mainland and his island home will remain private.

What you think?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on July 04, 2011, 12:21:21 AM
Okie Dokies.  I bought the mithral +4 chain shirt.  The rest I would like to go into his laboratory and his ship and stone wright tools.  That being the rest of his gold for level.  I would like him to be working on the hull of a design for a new ship when he runs out of a key ingredient.  He has to go to the main land to fetch it, no light under taking, say 1000 gp of supplies.

Maybe we can introduce him on the mainland and his island home will remain private.

What you think?

Okay, here's your game thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112338.0

As for +4 armour, such a magical item would cost 16k, which is more gold than you have, but you could get a +3 shirt for 9k.

Healergirl

Ixy, I just read your post about Xen jumping to conclusions concerning what class Aeryn is.  I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe!

Aether

Working on getting back into a rhythm on E, bare with me.

Healergirl

Vinny summoned Owlbear skeletons?  Undead?  Oh dear.  Aeryn and Vinny might have words over that.

I should probably look up Rao, see what sort of god he/she/it is.

Tagan

Greyhawk god of Peace through Reason.

Shihong is playing the character very well.

Healergirl

Well, I suppose it would be "reasonable" to talk peacefully with a man who can summon Owlbear Skeletons.

Crovonovin

That it would be!   ;D  Even more reasonable to give an old man his fair chance to explain himself.

Aether

Would you like me to just break my character from camp and head into the mine, LisztesFerenc?

LisztesFerenc

Sorry, stopped checking this thread after the game threads were posted, what your character does it up to you Aether. If I've made a mistake in their actions tell me.

LisztesFerenc

Some places have opened up in the game so I will be acceptation a small number of new applicants, probably around 2-3.

Rhaegar14

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on September 18, 2011, 07:47:11 PM
Some places have opened up in the game so I will be acceptation a small number of new applicants, probably around 2-3.

Are any of the 3.5 sourcebooks banned? Also, who is already in the game (i.e. character types)? With all due respect, I don't want to read through seven pages when you could probably summarize it in a paragraph.

I'm thinking a Warblade (ToB), Binder (ToM), or maybe Dread Necromancer (HoH).

Also, how would Level Adjustments on races like Drow work out in E6? I'm only vaguely familiar with the concept, but if you cap out at CL 6, that +2 LA would hurt like HELL.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

yesiroleplay

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9468
still a work in progress.  I don't know if I'll have time to finish her before the weekend, but that would be the latest.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AM
Are any of the 3.5 sourcebooks banned?

No whole book is banned, but certain options from one may be.

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AMI'm thinking a Warblade (ToB), Binder (ToM), or maybe Dread Necromancer (HoH).

All of those classes are acceptable.

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AMAlso, how would Level Adjustments on races like Drow work out in E6? I'm only vaguely familiar with the concept, but if you cap out at CL 6, that +2 LA would hurt like HELL.

LA reduces your stats instead of your level. For example if you are using point buy and are playing an LA+2 race you would have have 18 points instead of 32.

Healergirl

A upcoming Bard, welcome?

And a possible necromancer?  Sparks will fly when he and Aeryun meet .  In the best possible way, of course.  Will be good roleplay!

Aeryn is a healer, Xen is a barbarian, Morgan is a druid, Vinnie is a wandering holy man, Kasumi is a monk of some flavor. Daria is a fighter, Redrick a mage, Deneve is... a bard?

Tagan

Kasumi is a monk of the order of light... A Psychic Warrior/Monk group.

yesiroleplay

wow.  there's already a bard, and several healers/clerics/etc - maybe divine bard wasn't the way to go?
sorceress is tempting, as 6th level just gets them 3rd level spells

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: yesiroleplay on September 21, 2011, 06:54:12 PM
wow.  there's already a bard, and several healers/clerics/etc - maybe divine bard wasn't the way to go?
sorceress is tempting, as 6th level just gets them 3rd level spells

Sorcerer works as well, but I don't think it matters if certain character builds overlap since they are in separate group. Players may meet up from time to time, but there is no guarantee of it, or that they will be co-operative when they do.

Rhaegar14

The crunch: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=331247

The fluff:

Name: Talneth Despana
Race: Drow
Faction: Formerly Drow Caves, Currently Pirate Island

Appearance: Like the vast majority of his race, Talneth has charcoal black skin and snow white hair. He is a bit on the tall side for an Elf at five-foot-two-inches, slender-built and covered in lean muscle. His eyes, when viewed in the light, are a bright shade of gold. Unlike most of his brethren, Talneth has facial hair which he keeps neatly trimmed to a white goatee, and his hair is braided into a long ponytail that goes to his mid-back. He wears form-fitting layers of dark leather, with a shirt of bright mithral rings hidden under his jerkin. His gloves end at the knuckle, leaving his fingers free. Over the leathers he has a hooded cloak of dark violet, as well as a bandana for his face, though he often goes without these if the weather is hot. A fine-crafted short sword rests on his right hip, a dagger of similar make on his left. The renegade is actually fairly well-known on the islands, as unassociated Drow are exceedingly rare.

Personality: Though he has been an outcast for a few years, Talneth is still adjusting to being among non-Drow; superiority and racism are deeply ingrained in his upbringing, and occasionally he lets this slip. He is not, at his core, overtly evil, but he is a survivor and a pragmatist above all else. In battle, he is absolutely merciless and rarely sees reason not to use deadly force, even when his assailants had no intent to do the same. However, he rarely starts a fight without provocation. Decades of living among his own race have left him with a bit of a sadistic streak as well.

Biography: Talneth was born as the second son to House Despana, a noble family among the Cave Drow. Despite the community's small size, Dark Elves will be Dark Elves, and the various families are always grappling for power. As a result, when Talneth showed an aptitude for stealth at a young age, his mother hired teachers to train him into a deadly assassin. He cut his teeth eliminating his mother's enemies, slowly sharpening his skills as he eliminated his House's rivals. Eventually, House Despana struck an alliance with another high-ranking family, House Aleval. It was in this way that Talneth came to perform missions for one Myrivae Aleval, heiress to her House and an up-and-coming priestess of the Spider Queen. Over time, Myrivae chose Talneth as her consort, and the two fell in love; actual love, not the shallow, lust-or-politically-driven alliances so often formed by a female and her consort.

But it would all come to a crashing end. Lolth issued a test of both loyalty and strength to Myrivae; she would face her consort in single, direct combat, and best him. Talneth was ambushed in the streets, knocked unconscious, and thrown into a pit underneath the temple with his weapons and armor. Myrivae didn't need to offer any more explanation than standing across from him with her weapons drawn. But Talneth, a skilled fighter, bested the priestess, and her life's blood ran down his dagger before wetting the dry dirt of the pit. Outraged, Matron Aleval demanded that the male who had slain her daughter be given to the Spider Queen. Matron Despana agreed with little argument; Talneth was, after all, a mere male, and therefore expendable. The assassin found himself knocked unconscious once again, and fully expected to awake on a sacrificial altar.

Instead, however, he woke on the beach, with the surf wetting his toes. As he shook off his unconsciousness, he looked around, but saw not even the slightest explanation at how he had gotten where he was. He wandered for a few days until he found a few dwarves, who allowed him to accompany them to the Pirate Island in order to find a new life for himself. Since then, Talneth has been finding a bit of work here and there as a sailor, but is seeking a better use for the skills he developed among his own people.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Rhaegar14

Well, as much as I'd love him to be a chaotic good dual-scimitar-wielding ranger who is the incarnation of all that is good and just, I'd commit seppuku if I created a Drizzt clone. Sadly, Talneth and truly good characters probably won't see eye to eye all the time. :-P

Rhaegar14

Have you ever read the books? I love them to death. :-P They're nothing too heavy, but they have a classic, innocent air about them, from a time when fantasy was still black and white.

Tagan

Curse me yes I love the Salvatore stories... sad how he's reacted to 4.0.

yesiroleplay

Hit Points (re-rolled 1's & 2's)
31764   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:23:40   At 2011-09-22 21:23:40, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
31762   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:53   At 2011-09-22 21:22:53, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
31761   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:44   At 2011-09-22 21:22:44, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
31760   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:34   At 2011-09-22 21:22:34, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
31759   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:15   At 2011-09-22 21:22:15, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

Healergirl

Haven't read them, Rhaegar14.  Just, well, a "nice" Drow is like a vegetarian werewolf!

Aether

Salvatore is amazing and that first book alone that has him turning his back on Menzoberranzan at the end and heading into the under dark...  sorry, I could not keep that silent.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on September 23, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
Salvatore is amazing and that first book alone that has him turning his back on Menzoberranzan at the end and heading into the under dark...  sorry, I could not keep that silent.

Wait, does this mean you are still interested in the game?

Aether

I am sorry, I always check my "Show new replies to your posts" on the upper right of E and so I saw you all needed players and then also the conversation about Salvatore and could not remain silent, lol.  No, sorry, move on w/o me, I had come to a creative impasse with my character concept and dropped legit.

yesiroleplay

So do we have enough for another team?  When will we be starting?

Videospirit

Space Available still? I've been looking for a 3.5 game for a while now.

An Ardent Swordsage Elan would be fun.

I was looking at the first post and didn't see a starting level/xp listed? Is this going from level 1?

I can have the character done almost immediately if I get a green light and that detail, just using 36 point buy.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Videospirit

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9497

Here's the character. I took 2 flaws, but I can easily drop them and the earth sense/power feats if that's not allowed. I picked 2 of the worse flaws though.

Rhaegar14

Quote from: Videospirit on September 25, 2011, 08:15:33 PM
Space Available still? I've been looking for a 3.5 game for a while now.

An Ardent Swordsage Elan would be fun.

I was looking at the first post and didn't see a starting level/xp listed? Is this going from level 1?

I can have the character done almost immediately if I get a green light and that detail, just using 36 point buy.

36? We only got 32.

Videospirit

Oh 32 point buy? That's easy enough to remedy, goodbye 16 strength. A shame about those scaling costs for higher stats.

yesiroleplay

There was a point buy?
Damn.  I rolled because I thought that was the only option.

Videospirit:  you need to grant public permission to that sheet

PaleEnchantress

As long as their is potential fot m/m options i'd be very interested.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Aether

It was stated earlier (Way back at the beginning of this thread) that you could go 4d6 drop a die for your stats or a point buy.

Videospirit

I just assumed point buy was the preferred method since it is E6 and there's no system for handling la and rolled stats.

Anyway, the sheet had a few errors from thinking it was 36 point buy that I fixed just now so not having the public permission on until now wasn't so bad anyway.

The background details and history are kind of spare for the moment, since I wanted to confirm a few things like if there is a slot still open for me to join before putting the time in to do a decent backstory, or how the character ended up on the island in the first place.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 26, 2011, 04:30:46 PMThe background details and history are kind of spare for the moment, since I wanted to confirm a few things like if there is a slot still open for me to join before putting the time in to do a decent backstory, or how the character ended up on the island in the first place.

If the goblin character wants pair up with you then there is still space, otherwise we're full up. Could you imagine your character teaming up with a goblin?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 26, 2011, 07:21:50 AM
As long as their is potential fot m/m options i'd be very interested.

I am sorry but I think I have enough players now. I'll remember you if anymore drop out.

Videospirit

I could see Rose pairing up with a goblin, but I'm not sure how the goblin would feel about it.

yesiroleplay

I know I'd welcome Rose with our group.  I don't think the two of us are tenable against any serious threat.

Rhaegar14

I do. We'd just have to be REALLY careful, use stealth, and ensure that we've won anything resembling a fight before it even starts. XD

EDIT: Oh, and Video: I know that scimitars are, but I'm fairly certain a Falchion is NOT a Desert Wind favored weapon. I'm pretty sure that's only Devoted Spirit.

yesiroleplay

Yeah, Nelynda can talk herself out of most trouble - but she dies in round 2 if actually targeted.
She is purely a back-liner, and with only two of us, there is effectively no front line

Videospirit

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 26, 2011, 11:23:21 PM
I do. We'd just have to be REALLY careful, use stealth, and ensure that we've won anything resembling a fight before it even starts. XD

EDIT: Oh, and Video: I know that scimitars are, but I'm fairly certain a Falchion is NOT a Desert Wind favored weapon. I'm pretty sure that's only Devoted Spirit.

I just double checked to be sure but I was 95% certain since I didn't even look at the other schools when picking my weapon. Desert Wind is: Scimitar, light mace, light pick, spear, and falchion. It's right there at the very end.

Rose isn't completely helpless if a fair fight breaks out though. Hostile Empathic Transfer is a fun power. Doesn't keep me from dying in one round from max hp though, and I don't have the power points to soak too much damage.

Not that Rose is the type to be reckless or have any problem with sneaky assassination tactics, although she'd prefer to circumvent fights altogether instead of risking even the sneaky approach failing.

Edit: Has the goblin player already been in the game since before you started this last batch of recruitment? The 3 who got in before me are a star elf, drow, and human.

Edit 2: Is there some other source for e6 besides this that lists other rules that would allow you to get into assassin without the requisite ranks in hide and move silently or E6 feats and whatnot?

Rhaegar14

Me? I negotiated that with LF. Just bump down the Hide and Move Silently ranks required by two (and waive the stupid alignment requirement) and a 3rd-level character qualifies pretty easily.

yesiroleplay

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 12:02:09 AM
Edit: Has the goblin player already been in the game since before you started this last batch of recruitment? The 3 who got in before me are a star elf, drow, and human.

No I only just posted the thread for them. We will need to work out a way to involve your character in the story. How do you imagine they ended up on the island and for how long have they been there?

Videospirit

I was thinking it might be more interesting to break from the "Shipwrecked or native" standard and have Rose wind up on the island by some sort of magical mishap beyond her control. Possibly even just arriving on the island right into the Goblin's hands.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 07:15:12 PM
I was thinking it might be more interesting to break from the "Shipwrecked or native" standard and have Rose wind up on the island by some sort of magical mishap beyond her control. Possibly even just arriving on the island right into the Goblin's hands.

That works. If you want you can include the details of the mishap in your back story. Do you need to know anything from me for character creation?

Videospirit

No... I think that should be everything. The setting outside of the little island isn't stated so I should be able to just take some liberties with the Elan and such to describe the backstory without worry, the outside world won't matter once she's on the island, and the stats have been done for a while now.

I'll get to work on the backstory immediately, how soon are you thinking of introducing Rose into the game?

Edit: Here's the tentative background unless you have an issue with it.

It's been 6 years since she underwent the process to become an Elan. She can be kind of cold and unempathic. She's usually focused more on her own pursuits than that of others, seeking out new experiences, or to better understand her chosen mantles, without much care for how this will impact other beings. She is not malicious in her pursuits however, mastering the sword for a love of the blade, not some desire to make a living off her skills, and prefers to avoid conflict whenever possible.

Backstory: Rose was once a human male by the name of Arngrim Milstein with a girlish figure. A swordsage who had grown to a position of some acclaim in his younger years, mastering every maneuver of the Desert Wind sword-school, who'd grown tired and despondent in his old age. Having nothing left to attain in his art, he learned of the Elan one day, and was seduced by the promise of a new life, the chance to start over, reinvent himself, and master the arts all over again.

He was able to impress the Council with his skills with the sword, but the one in charge of the conversion ritual mistook him for a female at first and so when he awoke he learned that he was now a she.

She was a bit surprised by the change, but found it somewhat liberating at the same time. The Elan were not capable of reproducing sexually after all, so there was no real difference between male and female, and it wiped all thoughts of returning to her old life from her mind. She had wanted to start over, and this gave her even more incentive to do so. Taking the name Rose, she set out remastering her sword techniques from the ground up, guided by hints and whispers of her old life, memories now seeming to belong to another person, reliving the thrill she had experienced when she first mastered the maneuvers oh so long ago. She also expanded her understanding of the being she had now become, focusing on certain core principles to focus her psionic power while incorporating it into her style. The mantles as she called them she chose to explore were those of creation, as she had been created anew, and freedom, as the obligations of her old life had been lifted from her shoulders and she was now free to live a completely new life. Later, as she began to reach the peak of mastery over her blade once more, she expanded her exploration to the mantle of Pain and Suffering, something inherently tied to the art of the sword, and wished to expand her understanding even further.

While humouring her exploration of this mantle exploring a trap filled dungeon Dedicated to Boccob, the god of magic, her companion, a wizard, discovered a strange and powerful scroll said to be scribed by the god himself capable of teleporting the caster and three others to any place in the world.

When they later found themselves trapped facing a dragon of all things he did not hesitate to use the scroll in an attempt to escape to freedom. The power necessary to use the scroll proved to be far beyond him however, and he lost control of the spell. Rose appeared in midair over an unfamiliar island with no sign of the wizard or idea of where she was now. Perhaps this too would be a chance to experience something new.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 08:54:53 PMI'll get to work on the backstory immediately, how soon are you thinking of introducing Rose into the game?

As soon as our goblin character leaves the Abandoned Galleon.

LisztesFerenc

I had some players drop out so I am looking for some new ones. No specific archetypes required so feel free to get creative.

LisztesFerenc

LisztesFerenc

Redefined the parameters of what I am looking for. I don't mind some gender disparity in group games, but when there are several females and no males I feel like I need to even things up.

LisztesFerenc

Videospirit

And we have lots of girl characters for you to "interact with" ;p.

Oral addiction

I just stumbled upon this and I am intrigued.  I need to read up on the E6 rules a bit but I am very familiar with 3.5.  I am unsure of my character concept at this point... possibly something in a ranger or druid sub class out of the forest glade, or a swordsage or similar out of the fort.  I'll know a bit more after looking into the E6 more later today.  I'll let you know later if I am throwing a character concept together or not for sure. 

Oral addiction

Quick question as I am doing character creation... And I am working on one, although I am still working out character concepts in my head.  My question is about race. Are there any races that are humanoid ruled out, such as changlings/dopplegangers?  If they appeared in a set humanoid form, but could change at will to other roles... Would something like that be an acceptable racial build?  Also, is it possible to know which characters are still playing?  I would love to know what is going on (just a little) on the island upon my entering the game. Thanks.

LisztesFerenc

Currently we have two gishes, a bard and a holy warrior. If its important for you character concept I don’t mind an exotic race, but double ganger may struggle in E6, since it has racial hit die in addition to LA. Changeling should work though.

Oral addiction

The changeling thing is not necessary I have just always thought it could be interesting to RP one some day... a character that can assume any role and even change sexes at will.  Gives a new meaning to the role of switch hitter.

But I digress. I think I have settled on a  human scout/ranger hybrid that will be a woodland type of scout for the Fort's military.  Is there a character sheet that I am supposed to format this around? Also, just to make sure I understand the creation rules for starting... Start @ level 6, but we're capped @ 6 and just add new feats every 5K of experience or so.  Starting wealth is 13,000 GP and a 32 point buy. How are HP being handled (Max for 1st level and roll or an average or what)?  If you can send me the link for the character sheet and the play thread I'll try to get PC moved onto your format for approval, and I'd like to read some of what has transpired previously... Not so I know what is going on necessarily but so I can get a better feel for the other PC's in the game and their personalities, etc.  Thanks.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Oral addiction on January 07, 2012, 11:18:08 PM
How are HP being handled (Max for 1st level and roll or an average or what)?

I already covered this in a PM, but just in case someone else wants to join (hint hint) and need to know this the answer is maximum at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d4 hitdie, 1s and 2s if you have d6 ect.