News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[NCES] Exalted: Yu-Shan High

Started by kongming, May 09, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefepato

I'm starting to think that I can manufacture my own fun indefinitely by just using Nemesis Self Imagined Anew on the other PCs and following all the various anti-Motivations for a while.

...Speaking of which, voluntarily using dramatic actions to adopt new Intimacies for oneself doesn't count as "mental influence," right?

Thorn14

Well don't worry about me. My character might just be a little nuisance maybe.  :-)

Anon315

Well, there's always the other types of exalt too. Lunars are a personal favorite, and they have marvelous training charms that would make for a great head cheerleader! Changing Moons are social beasts. (Pun intended)

Also, I plan to harass you regarding the cheerleaders. Do you think I could use You and Yours Stance to talk most of them into a group shower? Just curious.

"Using this Charm, a Vizier can make other people want to please him; actually harming him seems unthinkable. For the scene, anyone whose character wants to attack the Sidereal must succeed at a Conviction roll with a difficulty equal to the Sidereal’s Essence. Knowingly acting in a way that will not please the Sidereal requires a successful Temperance roll at the same difficulty."

So DC 5 Temperance or 4 WP (2 WP, Twice) to ignore the request. Also, would that be considered "Bullying", or is there some rule sub-set on subtle mental manipulation of your classmates? Because if so, I'm gonna have to... hide some things from the loom of fate.

Thorn14

Quick couple of questions.

Can you be a renegade Abyssal? How would that work here?

Also, I want to start with necromancy, is it okay to have a first year be essence 3?

AndyZ

Quote from: Anon315 on May 13, 2013, 12:36:03 AM
Well, there's always the other types of exalt too. Lunars are a personal favorite, and they have marvelous training charms that would make for a great head cheerleader! Changing Moons are social beasts. (Pun intended)

Also, I plan to harass you regarding the cheerleaders. Do you think I could use You and Yours Stance to talk most of them into a group shower? Just curious.

"Using this Charm, a Vizier can make other people want to please him; actually harming him seems unthinkable. For the scene, anyone whose character wants to attack the Sidereal must succeed at a Conviction roll with a difficulty equal to the Sidereal’s Essence. Knowingly acting in a way that will not please the Sidereal requires a successful Temperance roll at the same difficulty."

So DC 5 Temperance or 4 WP (2 WP, Twice) to ignore the request. Also, would that be considered "Bullying", or is there some rule sub-set on subtle mental manipulation of your classmates? Because if so, I'm gonna have to... hide some things from the loom of fate.

Don't forget to check the 2.5 errata.  Sidereals got some significant nerfs.

This Charm lays bare the lust that all must feel for Exalted
heroes. Those that are friendly try to please the Sidereal, while
those that are hostile turn to bitter rage that they cannot find it
within themselves to please her. Characters that wish to attack
the Sidereal must overcome their own desire for her, requiring a Conviction roll much like a Morale check (see Exalted,
pp. 156-157), with a rating based on the apparent ability for
the Exalt to fulfill the attacker’s desires. The more willing or
capable she may seem, or the more singular the means at her
disposal, the higher the difficulty, to a maximum of difficulty 3.
Likewise, outside of combat, characters must roll Temperance
in a similar manner to perform actions that they believe would
displease the Sidereal while they can see her or believe that she
can see them.
These rolls need be made no more than once per action, but
failure prevents one from carrying out any contrary actions unless the transgressor spends 2wp to ignore this Charm’s unnatural Emotion. After spending Willpower to resist twice, a character is immunized against this Charm for the rest of the scene.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jefepato

Nerfs in some cases, but the Sidereal charmset as a whole was borderline nonfunctional prior to the errata.  About half the hardcover books were written by folks who didn't much care to fit the material into the systems the corebook used.  (And let's face it, requiring a difficulty 5 Virtue roll to resist something is absurd.)

I suggest checking out the astrology section.  Especially resplendent destiny effects under The Lovers, like Celestial Bliss Trick.

...And I should really go see if there's any solid information about what happens when contradictory Emotion effects collide.

Thorn14

What would be some good necromancy or regular spells? I don't think I need a ton of combat heavy charms for this.

AndyZ

Definitely not going to say that it didn't need some nerfing, Jefepato, especially in cases like Diffy 5 Virtue rolls.  The Mask of Winters' innate mask power only takes 3 if memory serves.

Thorn14, Ritual of Elemental Empowerment is awesome, and Flying Guillotine is one of my favorites.  For Necromancy, Bone Puppet Dance is seriously cray cray, Raise the Skeletal Horde gives you zombie luvins, Shattering Void Mirror is impressive, and Walking War Machine can let you make up to I think Coil 4 from Abyssal Necrotech.

Okay, going back to my attempt to sleep while I can still get 4 hours.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Thorn14

Thanks. I might need a few utility ones too since this is more roleplay orientated.

Anon315

Quote from: AndyZ on May 13, 2013, 01:00:38 AM
Don't forget to check the 2.5 errata.  Sidereals got some significant nerfs.

Yeah. That's why I included the 2 wp twice thing. Still, so long as they don't hate me, and that's easy enough through other charms, they -want- to obey.

kongming

All: when posting your character sheets, I'd be a huge help if you included a basic description (including their sex), if you're not using a picture. For the sake of my memory. Also, what year they are.

Thorn: 2nd or 3rd year perky goth nerd Abyssal? Sure thing! And yeah, people can hold back, so if someone just wants to hold her down and then to wonderful and/or terrible things to her, you needn't worried about getting knocked out or killed. So if you want to go first-year, that's also possible. You are allowed to buy your Essence up to 3 or more as a first year, yes. That just means you'll have an easy time graduating to the next year level in due time. Also, if you buy the Charm that gives you access to a circle of Sorcery or Necromancy, you gain a free spell (of that circle), rather than having to buy it separately. Otherwise it's buying a charm that does nothing on its own, which is a bit sad. Also, while some Deathlords signed onto this thing, many did not - a Loyal Abyssal will have more cases of having to report to the Deathlord, more conflicts of interest. A Renegade will have an easier time going along with the new system, but doesn't get access to Abyssal Command, Liege etc.

AndyZ: the "blue powder" seems like it'd fit in just fine, sure

Re Z L: looking forward to it. Needless to say, the teacher she assists will be only too happy to rough-house with her, teaching her some special wrestling moves and such.

Jefe: I'm not sure what you mean. Getting people to develop Intimacies for you? That's mental influence, though it's natural mental influence.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on May 13, 2013, 03:02:56 AM
Jefe: I'm not sure what you mean. Getting people to develop Intimacies for you? That's mental influence, though it's natural mental influence.

No, I mean getting myself to develop Intimacies, per corebook page 173.

To rephrase more clearly: if I take Ego Shell Ascendancy, can I still intentionally take on positive Intimacies towards something besides myself, even though anyone else trying to induce such an Intimacy would be giving an unacceptable order?

kongming

Oh right. Yes, you can do that.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Re Z L

Quote from: kongming on May 13, 2013, 03:02:56 AM
All: when posting your character sheets, I'd be a huge help if you included a basic description (including their sex), if you're not using a picture. For the sake of my memory. Also, what year they are.

Thorn: 2nd or 3rd year perky goth nerd Abyssal? Sure thing! And yeah, people can hold back, so if someone just wants to hold her down and then to wonderful and/or terrible things to her, you needn't worried about getting knocked out or killed. So if you want to go first-year, that's also possible. You are allowed to buy your Essence up to 3 or more as a first year, yes. That just means you'll have an easy time graduating to the next year level in due time. Also, if you buy the Charm that gives you access to a circle of Sorcery or Necromancy, you gain a free spell (of that circle), rather than having to buy it separately. Otherwise it's buying a charm that does nothing on its own, which is a bit sad. Also, while some Deathlords signed onto this thing, many did not - a Loyal Abyssal will have more cases of having to report to the Deathlord, more conflicts of interest. A Renegade will have an easier time going along with the new system, but doesn't get access to Abyssal Command, Liege etc.

AndyZ: the "blue powder" seems like it'd fit in just fine, sure

Re Z L: looking forward to it. Needless to say, the teacher she assists will be only too happy to rough-house with her, teaching her some special wrestling moves and such.

Looking forward to them both working up a sweat  ;D
A&A

Thorn14

Is this image okay for my abyssal? I realize its modern but I thought it was too good to pass up.?

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1194888 Would this be a bit too "pretty" and elf like?

AndyZ

Here's a possible for you, Thorn.

I think I'll stick with Night for Sapphire Glory unless someone else wants Night, in which case I'll switch to Zenith.

Thorn14

Cute but I admit I'm not a fan of that kind of look.  O:)

kongming

Thorn: either one works, yeah. That first one is cute.

Ons/Offs:

Re Z L

Goth?

In other news, the sheet continues to be updated!

Mostly I wanted to see if anyone wanted to tie in their character histories.  My character is basically designed to be one of the school's premiere martial artists, and is also the martial arts instructor's aid, while also being a Dorm Captain.  Also she's a member of a martial arts club in the school, where she helps out others learn a few moves.  She also volunteers to help out with some minor sports-related injuries, or assists the school nurse if needed.
A&A

AndyZ

*yoinks the Artgerm one for his collection*

My char is also 4th year, and knows martial arts but is the head cheerleader.  I could see them being friends if you like, though I'm not sure if Sapphire Glory would be willing to teach much of Quivering Rapture Style or not...

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on May 14, 2013, 08:00:17 PM
*yoinks the Artgerm one for his collection*

My char is also 4th year, and knows martial arts but is the head cheerleader.  I could see them being friends if you like, though I'm not sure if Sapphire Glory would be willing to teach much of Quivering Rapture Style or not...

Oh, Silk's got plenty of other styles to learn first, besides Sapphire Veil of Passion Style makes up for not having Sapphire's special style  ;D
A&A

AndyZ

Sapphire wants to learn a Sidereal Martial Art someday, but she really wants to learn one that'll work well with cheerleading or otherwise fit her personality.  She also rarely lets her anima show and doesn't really make it clear to people that she's a Night.  Her cheerleaders can absolutely show up to spur on for MA events, though.

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on May 14, 2013, 08:16:20 PM
Sapphire wants to learn a Sidereal Martial Art someday, but she really wants to learn one that'll work well with cheerleading or otherwise fit her personality.  She also rarely lets her anima show and doesn't really make it clear to people that she's a Night.  Her cheerleaders can absolutely show up to spur on for MA events, though.

They seem like they might have gotten pretty similar training early on, whereas Sapphire went more towards athletics via Cheerleading, Silk went towards Martial Arts.  Also, Silk is more interested in helping "rule from the shadows" with her rumor mongering through socialize.  She's not one for direct leadership roles, except in the case of looking after the Dorm as the Dorm Captain.

Seems like the two of them could fit together pretty well  :-)
A&A

AndyZ

Oh heck yes.  I wanted some great rumor mongering stuff but didn't like anything that Solar Socialize had to offer in that regard.  Being able to keep things managed via that (like if the school bully suddenly gets a nickname all over school) would work very well.  I think they'll make a very good team. ^_^

Thorn14

What would be some good backgrounds or artifacts?