[Pathfinder] The Half-Dead City (Interest / Recruitment)

Started by Chulanowa, February 08, 2015, 01:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Adventure background:
   Seven years ago, Pharaoh Khemet III, the Ruby Prince, formally opened Osirion’s ancient tombs and burial sites to foreign explorers. Khemet III understood that adventurers who’ve traveled great distances in search of treasure typically do not return from whence they came to sell their discoveries. Instead, they typically sell or trade what they do not keep as quickly as possible at the closest civilized community with an economy strong enough to absorb an influx of valuable antiquities. The Ruby Prince’s policy has attracted not only explorers to the desert nation of Osirion, but also countless scholars, private collectors, special interest groups such as the Pathfinder Society, and financial interests from all across the Inner Sea. A minor industry has sprung up just to support visiting explorers, and an even larger infrastructure has come into being to serve foreign investors and traders. Every opening of a major site has heralded an economic boom for the local area and for Osirion as a whole.
   Unlike many of Osirion's tombs and graveyards, however, the necropolis of Wati has remained largely untouched, in no small part because of local taboos and the protection of the Grand Mausoleum's priests. But Khemet III has now ordered the local authorities and church of Pharasma to open Wati's necropolis to exploration for the purpose of discovery, study, and economic stimulus.
   Now you join other bands of fortune-seekers, mystery-hunters, researchers, and preservationists, awaiting the Church of Pharasma's lottery to enter the Half-Dead City.

System: D20 (Pathfinder)
Available resources: Paizo-published sources only, except the Technology Guide. No 3PP stuff, sorry.
Setting: Golarion, specifically southern Osirion
Adventure Path: Mummy's Mask (Get the Player's Guide PDF here for free)
Genre: High Fantasy adventure, with Egyptian themes
Game Rating: I'm not planning to run this as a sexually-themed game. However I'm going to have it in the NC-Exotic group, to cover nonhuman things, combat violence, and, well, whatever players want to do with each other I suppose.
Number of Players: The AP is set up for four players. I may include a fifth character if I find myself being really indecisive.
Posting Rate: I would prefer at least one post every three or four days. I'll poke you after a week. Please try to have some meat on your post. Doesn't need to be novellas, but one-line wonders are worse.
Caveat: I've not DM'd Pathfinder before, but I am a seasoned GM for a few other games. I can't promise perfection, but failing all else, I'll strive to keep it entertaining.

Character creation

Background: Your character can be from anywhere in Golarion, though the AP assumes they are from the Inner Sea region. If you can explain what your character is doing in a desert city in south Osirion, it'll be good enough for me. Further, it's assumed that the characters in the story are already "grouped up" and at least somewhat familiar with each other, so there will be some group background-building when this all kicks off.

Personality: A character needs to be able to work as part of a group, and outgoing / initiative-taking enough that we can avoid spans of "dead air" in the game. beyond that, all I ask is to avoid "chaotic stupid" (or "lawful jackass" for that matter)

Gender and Orientation: All varieties of orientations and genders are fine with me. I'm not worried about quotas in the group whatsoever.

Appearances: Your character can be from anywhere in Golarion, and so can look like whatever you want them to. I would appreciate character images, but they are not mandatory. If you use a character image, please don't use anime / manga style artwork for the character.

Composition: I'm not worried about getting a "balanced party." All I'm worried about is how interesting and well-done the character is.

Starting level: This is an adventure path, so all characters start at level 1
   Abilities: 20-point buy
   Starting wealth: Average for your class.
   Hit Points: max at 1st level, average or rolled (your choice) each level after.
   Alignment: I prefer all characters to be Neutral or Good on the Good-Evil Scale. You're the heroes, after all!
   Races: The Core seven races, all Featured and Uncommon races from the ARG, as well as Gnolls, Lizardfolk, and skinwalkers.
   Classes: All Paizo-published classes except for Antipaladin are fair game.
   Archetypes: No synthesist summoners, Evil-required archetypes, or stuff from the Technology Guide please.
   Traits: Characters begin with two traits, plus one of the Mummy's Mask campaign traits. I'm not using Drawbacks or the additional Traits feat.
   Religion: I will allow neutral followers of evil gods. Unless you pick up the Devotee of the Old Gods campaign trait, Ancient Osirian deities are off-limits, however.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding setting, themes, and any character advice people might need!

Muse

*poucne!* 

May I play?  Please!?!

I can offer whatever will fill party niche's best.  I like to think I do a good cleric, when not everyone really likes to p lay them. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

I would love to play as well... I like to play sorceresses, but if there are a lot of people who want to vie for an arcane caster type, I could easily do something more martial such as a barbarian or ranger.

Bibliophilia

I'm doing an catfolk Agathion-blooded Aasimar cleric!

Muse

In that case how about I provide the muscle?  Maybe a swashbuckler? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eBadger

Interested - some flavor of rogue, I think, eager to plunder riches (and maybe preserve them?)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Muse on February 08, 2015, 02:00:38 AM
*poucne!* 

May I play?  Please!?!

I can offer whatever will fill party niche's best.  I like to think I do a good cleric, when not everyone really likes to p lay them. 
Quote from: Luna on February 08, 2015, 02:04:03 AM
I would love to play as well... I like to play sorceresses, but if there are a lot of people who want to vie for an arcane caster type, I could easily do something more martial such as a barbarian or ranger.
Quote from: Muse on February 08, 2015, 02:45:45 AM
In that case how about I provide the muscle?  Maybe a swashbuckler? 

As I said in the opener, if it's paizo-published (and not Antipaladin, Synthesist, or Tech guide), I'm good with it. I'm not worried about party balance. Most classes out there are flexible enough that even if we have five clerics, everyone can be doing their own thing (of course, i would have to swap out some undead for... anything else, 'cause five clerics a'channeling could really put the hurt on...  ;D )

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 08, 2015, 02:44:39 AM
I'm doing a catfolk cleric!

well, that was quick!

Quote from: eBadger on February 08, 2015, 02:51:44 AM
Interested - some flavor of rogue, I think, eager to plunder riches (and maybe preserve them?)

Go for it! Do note that one of the Campaign Traits gives you the rogue's Trapfinding feature, including the ability to disarm magical traps. so if that's what you're aiming for, anyone can do it.

Re Z L

Well I'm going to make an Alchemist!  ;D
A&A

Mysterica

I am quite interested as well either as a Sorceress or a Fighter.

Chulanowa

Well, looks like there's at least enough interest here to pull a party together. So I'm going to give it a week for anyone who wants to come up with a character and drop it on the thread. Next Sunday I'll go through and pluck out characters for the gme.

ChaoticSky

Thorne

Could be entertaining. Mebbe this is where I go experimenting with fighter archetypes again. *grin*
(Fighters are fun. No. Seriously).

Gimme some time to dig through the bulging folder of personalities, see who pops up.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Ebb

This looks like an interesting setup. I'd like to offer up a character for consideration:

Tgamo Mubatsi, Human (Mwangi) Level 1 Barbarian

Appearance:
Tgamo is a short (5'3"), dark-skinned human whose wiry frame hides surprising strength. His hair is black, tightly curled and normally close-cropped, and he has no facial hair. Tgamo has a wide infectious smile and a deep contagious belly laugh. If given time to prepare for battle, Tgamo may wear the face and body paints of his people, giving him a skull-like visage. His neck is covered in scar tissue.

He wears armor crafted from the hide of a lion, sandals, and a brightly patterned cloth skirt.

Background:
Tgamo Mubatsi is the son of Nkaro Mubatsi, chieftan of the Mubatsi tribe. The Mubatsi are a small nomadic tribe of Mwangi whose lands lie within the savannas of the Mwangi Expanse, southeast of the Mwangi Jungle. From an early age Tgamo was trained to be a warrior, and to eventually lead his tribe. At the age of fourteen Tgamo went on his first solo lion hunt, a rite of passage for the transition to manhood. After three days of stalking his quarry he found an opportunity to ambush the beast, a young male lion.

The blow was well struck, and Tgamo made his kill. However the lion in its death throes ripped open Tgamo's throat, mortally wounding him. Tgamo managed to drag the beast's body back to his tribe's campsite before succumbing to the wound and dying.

None are entirely sure what force restored Tgamo to life that night. When the moon reached its peak overhead, his shrouded body coughed and awoke, to walk again. His tribe saw this as a sign of evil possession, and with great sadness his father Nkaro cast him out. Bearing the skin of the lion he slew over his shoulder, Tgamo departed.

During his time between worlds Tgamo received a vision of great stone temples, far larger than any structure he had ever seen. After years of wandering a passing merchant described to him the temples and tombs of Osirion. After another year of voyaging Tgamo finally arrived at the city of Wati to seek the answer to his death and resurrection.

Personality:
Despite his upbringing, Tgamo remains irrepressibly optimistic. He has an almost childlike belief that things will tend to work out for the best. And even if you die, that just means that your spirit can aid your descendants. He hopes one day to return to his tribe, either alive or as a spirit, and reconcile with his people. His savage background often causes Tgamo to misunderstand the details of polite civilized society, especially when it comes to wordplay or jokes. He has little desire for material wealth, to the point of carelessly discarding valuable coins or other objects if his companions don't stop him.

Secretly Tgamo believes that his death experience was a message from his ancestors that leadership of the tribe was not to be his destiny. His true destiny lies somewhere within the halls of stone he glimpsed, and he is excited to find out what it is.

Sexuality:
Tgamo is heterosexual, but inexperienced.

Character Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1118774

Role in Group:
Tgamo is a follower, not a leader, despite his position in the tribe of his birth. He is happy to have found a new, albeit smaller, tribe more familiar with the ways of this strange world he finds himself in.
In combat Tgamo hits things hard and makes them fall down. His rage is a quiet and scary thing to observe; he loses his trademark grin and remains almost unnaturally silent as he slays his enemies. During the following period of fatigue his normal cheerful self can be seen to slowly re-emerge. Tgamo typically fights with a shortspear in his right hand, which he can throw if necessary, and the traditional kukri of his people in his left.

Re Z L

A&A

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

Nesha
Aasimar (Agathion-Blooded), Level 1 Cleric

Appearance:

Nesha has often been mistaken for catfolk, though not by those who have actually seen a catfolk in person.  Her facial features are more humanoid than feline, though there is a distinctively bestial shape to her nose and mouth.  Her orange-yellow eyes have the elongated pupil of a cat, and reveal animal eye-shine at oblique angles.  Her dark skin is covered by a layer of soft, black fur everywhere other than the velvety pads of her palms, soles of her feet and other, unmentionable, regions.  A slinky black tail extends from the base of her spine and sways hypnotically with her movements, almost seeming to have a mind of its own.  Her ears sit atop her head and have the familiar rounded point of cat ears, twitching sometimes or even laying flat depending upon her reaction or mood.  Her thick, silky black hair falls down her sleek form to her waist, rarely bound in any manner, despite the heat of the unforgiving sun.  She speaks with the easy dialect of the region, clearly having been raised among the Osirions.

Background:

Nesha never knew her parents.  The priestesses and priests who raised her had patiently related the story of her birth many times over the years, each time the precocious child begged it of them, just once more.  Two days after her birth, a couple of clearly meager means had appeared at the doors to Sarenrae's temple with a bundle in their arms and fear in their eyes.  They revealed the unusual baby to the priest who was in attendance and begged him to tell them what sort of curse had befallen them to make their first child so...bestial.  Upon seeing the infant, the priest understood immediately that the child was a gift from the divine, and he told the couple that their child would do great things in this world.  They were not cursed, but, rather, blessed to have given life to a child such as this.  The couple were amazed at this news, and after some time spent thinking and conferring with the priest, they gave their baby over to him so that she might be raised by the priests and priestesses of Sarenrae.  They could ill-afford another mouth to feed, and worried that they were simply not prepared to raise a child sent by the gods.

Nesha never tired of hearing this story, and dreaming of the brave people who had given up their baby in order to ensure she fulfilled her destiny and had a good life.  Her dreams didn't spring from any sense of loneliness or a lack in her life, since she had plenty of friends in the temple and more family than one could hope for, but she did take comfort from the only true connection to those who had given her life.  For the most part, her days were filled with too many activities and adventures to allow her the chance to contemplate the way she'd come into the world.  There was studying to do, though the priests and priestesses sometimes lamented the child's restless nature, which made it difficult for her to focus on the holy texts they tried to teach her.  There were many, many places to explore and imaginary beings to converse with, or battle.  She spent countless hours roaming the ancient areas around the temple, and listening to the local stories about the ruins where she spent her time.  While she found her religious teachings valuable, and did try very hard to focus on them, her mind was too often on the more exciting lessons that the crumbling, shadowy place could teach her.

As she grew older, she became a priestess of Sarenrae, and began to learn the finer points of combating evil and healing the sick and wounded.  These lessons served her even better than her lessons in religion, and she could focus her attention upon learning to fight, and to offer succor to others, because she imagined herself living the games she'd played among the ruins.  Here was a way in which she could form a new sort of family, and battle those monsters she'd imagined lurking amid the toppled walls and dusty corners of the ancient buildings she explored.  A life outside of the temple walls, where danger dwelled and new, fantastic experiences awaited.  When she heard of the opening of Wati to adventurers and fortune hunters, she could not resist the call.  Taking the small amount of money she had saved over the years, she bought herself those things she felt she would need and traveled the short distance from the temple to the city.

Personality:  Nesha is a soft-spoken, somewhat shy girl, having spent much of her time in Sarenrae's temple and little time among those who were not priests and priestesses of her goddess.  She may be shy, but her curiosity often overcomes her tentativeness and she can become a veritable font of questions, eager to learn about others and hear stories of their lives.  Her life spent cloistered, to some degree, has left her, perhaps, too trusting and open with herself, lacking the cynicism and guarded nature of those half her age.  She has an abundant generosity of spirit, willing to endlessly give of herself to aid others, whether it be forfeiting her last gold piece to a beggar, sacrificing her own emotional well-being to comfort one in despair, or enduring pain to prevent another from suffering it.  Very rarely does she find herself in distress, her own nature leaning heavily toward joy and zest for life, which prevents her from suffering too often under the weight of hopelessness or sorrow. 

Sexuality:  Nesha is a virgin, having spent the majority of her life among the priests and priestesses of Sarenrae.  Still, she is likely to be omnisexual, concerned more with a person's spirit and nature, than the superficialities of physical gender or race.

eBadger

Soma Blacktorque, Last Errant of the Great Machine
Skald 1

Appearance:  Soma is young, but her serious and dour mien lends her gravitas.  Her eyes in particular are haunting, usually the black of charcoal but flaring into a brilliant fire orange when her passions are aroused; not an uncommon occurrence, for both rage and desolation are quick to surface.  A gnome, she is barely over 3' tall, thin and wiry but with strength and stamina that reveal her fey heritage. 

In normal dress, Soma tends toward the utilitarian - although she can rarely refuse the small touches of design and material that mark fine craftsmanship.  She denies vehemently, however, that such arise from any sense of vanity. 

Background:  Soma's great-great-grand dame, the matriarch of the clan Onilla Blacktorque was a master of the mechanical in a way perhaps unseen for a half millenium before or since.  Her works were not merely gears, but machines that spanned planes and functioned beyond understanding.  In the final months of her life, as her mind began to break apart from her knowledge, enhanced by injections of celestial elixir, she imagined a machine capable of creating the very stuff of divinity.  While she crumbled and broke, Onilla committed the Schematic of the Great Machine to print for her clan to build after her passing. 

The Blacktorque clan descended beneath the surface and began to build.  Each master, as they gained understanding of the Machine, felt their mind begin to fracture and eventually slipped into madness.  They could speak only of beauty, light, and the inevitable perfection of the Machine's function.  Under the guidance of the mad, the Blacktorque labored for five centuries, until at last the Machine was approaching completion. 

Soma spent her childhood at work, but upon reaching adulthood she joined the Errants; members who would travel abroad to locate parts, information, or specialists not available within the clan.  Soma was collecting materials when disaster struck.  Returning to the Machine, she found her clan slaughtered - not merely killed but torn asunder by some unnatural force.  No other errants returned.  At last, lacking any other hope of completing the Machine, Soma opened the Schematic and began to read.  The next component, she learned, was to be found among the desert ruins. 

Personality:  Under the blows of tragedy and slow work of the Schematic, Soma has already begun to feel her sanity thinning.  Her rage grows like a force of magic, erupting in the midst of combat as a soul piercing litany of celestial recounting her clan and the Schematic.  Soma realizes the change, as well as the inevitability of madness and destruction, but refuses to abandon her legacy.  Each night she reads another page of the Schematic. 

Those around her, unknowing of her troubles, find Soma melancholy or volatile; she is eloquent and driven but indecipherable.  When able to control her emotion, Soma is quiet, reserved, polite and formal.  For her part, Soma holds the lives of those who aid her above all else, save only the Machine itself.  They are, after all, her new clan and though they don't know it, they carry on the prophetic word of Onilla toward Divinity. 

Sexuality:  Unknown.  If asked, she notes the superiority of a finely crafted tool to meet one's own needs.  Probably a virgin, technically. 

Sheet:  Link

Muse

*Sweat drop* 

Chulanowa, how are you going to choose your players? 

OyabunKobold

Im interested just unsure of what I would add to the game :P

Maybe a Summoner or Figuring out something for a front line

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

ChaoticSky

Im going to be doing a Oracle or Shaman, depending on specifics and a query i sent to Chul.

Thorne

Hm. I haven't got a picture (yet) because for some odd reason, finding a tall, muscular woman with the right combination of physical traits is more difficult than I had thought (I'll get to that). ... working on a better one. ;p
However. I have a character, with the requisite number of Large, Rusty Plothooks.

Khyrat
Tiefling (Oni spawn) Fighter (tactician) 1
Female oni-spawn tiefling fighter (tactician) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 168, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 47)
CN Medium outsider (native)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 shield)
hp 12 (1d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee
bardiche +4 (1d10+4/19-20) or
longsword +4 (1d8+3/19-20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4 (+5 overrun); CMD 16 (17 vs. trip)
Feats Intimidating Prowess
Traits armor expert, big boned, foreign opportunist
Skills Acrobatics -2 (-6 to jump), Appraise +4, Craft (armor) +6, Disguise +1, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (geography) +6, Knowledge (history) +3, Linguistics +6, Perception +2, Survival +5
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Halfling, Osiriani
Other Gear mwk scale mail, light wooden quickdraw shield, bardiche, longsword, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, hip flask, mess kit, mirror, pot, silk rope (50 ft.), soap, string or twine, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, whetstone, 5 gp, 2 sp, 3 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
--------------------

RP Traits:
Primary Motivator: Recognition
Emotional Disposition: Calm
Moodiness: Labile
---------------------
Core Traits:
Outlook: Pessimistic
Integrity: Unscrupulous
Impulsiveness: Controlled
Boldness: Intrepid
Flexibility: Stubborn
Affinity: Cold
Comportment: Agreeable
Interactivity: Reserved
Disclosure: Secretive
Conformity: Conventional
-----------------------------
Sense of Humour: Crude/Dry
-------------------------------
Sexuality:
Orientation: Hetero, bi-curious
Libido: Healthy
Expression: Flirtatious
Expressive Style: Crude
Openness: Adventurous
Promiscuousness: High
------------------------
Religion/Spirituality:
Adherance: Casual
Tolerance: Inclusive
Expression: Occasional
Conversion: Casual
Attitude: Fearful

Most people would not necessarily consider Khyrat attractive; unless 'woman that can fold you in half' counts, and she's run into one or two people who found her so. Tall, muscular, with a mane of thick, curly black hair and intelligent amber eyes, Khyrat's strong features are even, and her skin largely smooth - other than the places where scars lighten bronze skin to tan. As most tieflings do, she has horns jutting out of her hair, shining black and curved upwards. Some of her size and muscle may also be attributed to whatever dark heritage is hers, but, like many other things about herself, she has no idea what that might be; usually, she has no time to consider it.
As someone who takes her cue from the locals to survive the heat and dust, Khyrat wears loose, flowing robes in dark colours over her carefully crafted mail armor, although even a loose keffiyah doesn't do a damn thing to hide her horns - they just poke through the fabric, and at best provide a place to snag the veil that keeps her from breathing too much of the aforementioned dust. There is a sword tucked under her cloak, a shield flung across her back and she gives off an air of competence and control.

Khyrat didn't precisely take to wandering because she wanted to. She's been shunted about most of her life, and by now, she can't remember where, exactly she was born, or how, exactly, she ended up on the road in the first place. She's tired of wandering, tired of having things thrown at her and being told she should appreciate her lot.
She's not overly thrilled to be in Osirian, where it's too hot, too crowded and the people don't appreciate tieflings any better here than anywhere else. On the other hand... the timing is good, and the company not bad, and she is opportunist enough to take advantage of all of the above in the hopes of improving her lot in life.

BRB, looking for image. Maybe Royo can deliver... <.<

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Quote from: Muse on February 09, 2015, 05:40:11 AM
*Sweat drop* 

Chulanowa, how are you going to choose your players?

Via arbitrary decision based on how interesting I think a character is, mostly. Also my opinion of how fun it would be to see their reaction when (redacted) in the (redacted) with all the (redacted) cats that (redacted).

Again guys, not too worried about party balance, optimization, or group roles. A five-man team of Halfling barbarians is just fine, if the characters are interesting  ;D

Thorne

As long as someone doesn't offer to serve her fresh dog ... actually, that might be the only way Khyrat likes dogs. ^^;
(I might have had a little too much fun playing with this thing: http://rpg.ashami.com/ - it's a personality generator that can be un-randomized, or randomized, as needed)

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Ebb

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 09, 2015, 12:59:44 PM
Again guys, not too worried about party balance, optimization, or group roles. A five-man team of Halfling barbarians is just fine, if the characters are interesting  ;D

My other character concept happens to be a five-man team of Halfling barbarians in a giant trenchcoat. I'll go ahead and get that written up for you.

Bibliophilia

eBadger

Soma studies the cats critically, considering the feasibility of a feline-driven spinner wheel to power the Machine's tertiary adjustment mechanism, but decides the linkages would interfere with a feeding system.  Is scratched as she attempts to leave them to their fate; sudden rage is accompanied by atonal chanting, employment of a large glowing hammer and, eventually, a repurposing toward protein rich sustenance that is favorably rated along various non-linear scales of flavor and nutrition. 

...and I'm...disturbingly close to a fifth of a halfling barbarian quintet. 

OyabunKobold

Name: Sati & Annot
Race: Human & Eidolon
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Summoner 1
Traits: Follower of the Ancient Gods, Influence: Diplomacy, Reactionary
Flaws: Attachment (Sister/Eidolon)
Ability spread: (Including Human buff to cha) Str (11), Dex (14), Con (15), Int (12), Wis (10), Cha (16)
Equipment: Spear, Dagger, Summoners kit (backpack , Bedroll, Belt pouch, Flint and Steel, Iron pot, Mess kit, Soap, 10 torches, Trail Rations 5 days, Waterskin), Spell Component Pouch, Signal Whistle, bag of marbles x2
Annot's Equipment: Backpack, Healers kit (10 Uses)

Description:
Sati's appearance
Annot's appearance
Annot's Prior life

Sati: Sati has a rather androgynous look. So much that one would nearly be required to do a double take to make sure that the gender that was Sati was originally thought to be was correct or not. With skin the shade of toasted almond, and the texture of silk, it's no wonder that Sati is often viewed as a female. To add to the confusion, the structure of his facial structure is also soft in comparison to many males. Soft sloping cheeks and plush lips give a beautiful softness. All of that is off-set by a pair of brilliantly colored violet eyes that glimmer with mischief.

Accenting that eye-catching gaze, his hair is medium length and borders on a mousey brown in shade, often adorned with various trinkets that catch his fancy, be it woven in the tresses, or resting atop his brow.

His body is lean, and borders on a feminine design with gentle sloping hips and a distinct lack of masculine musculature. Standing at a mere five foot six, he is well above the average for most men.

When it comes to personal fashion tastes, it's yet another key to questioning if Sati is the proper gender or not. At time he likes to display his almost feminine features with scant layers of ivory material that exposes slender legs and his softened torso

Annot:

Personality:
Sati's Personality
Primary Motivator: Chaos
Emotional Disposition: Excited
Moodiness: Even-Tempered

CORE TRAITS:
Outlook: Optimistic
Impulsiveness: Spontaneous
Boldness: Cautious
Flexibility: Flexible
Affinity: Warm
Comportment: Agreeable
Disclosure: Secretive
Conformity: Heterodox
Sense of Humor: Pranks

Sexuality:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Libido: Healthy
Sexual Expressiveness: Flirtatious
Sexual Expressive Style: Seductive
Openness to sexual experience: Adventurous
Promiscuousness: Low
Tastes: Cross-dressing

Religion & Spirituality:
Adherence: Casual Adherent
Tolerance: Tolerant
Expression of beliefs: None
Converting others: Never
Attitude: Ecstatic

MISC:
Topics of Conversation:
Quirks, Habits, & Oddities: Exaggeration, Daydreaming, Talks in sleep
Hobbies & Enjoyments: Acrobatics, Painting
M/E Disorder: Histrionic Personality Disorder
Annot's Personality
Primary Motivator: Education
Emotional Disposition: Ashamed
Moodiness: Even-Tempered

CORE TRAITS:
Outlook: Optimistic
Impulsiveness: Controlled
Boldness: Cautious
Flexibility: Flexible
Affinity: Cold
Comportment: Discordant
Disclosure: Candid
Conformity: Heterodex
Sense of Humor: Slapstick

Sexuality:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Libido: Lascivious
Sexual Expressiveness: Flirtatious
Sexual Expressive Style: Crude
Openness to sexual experience: Narrow
Promiscuousness: Medium
Tastes: Massaging

Religion & Spirituality:
Adherence: Agnostic
Tolerance: Inclusive
Expression of beliefs: Occasional
Converting others: Casual
Attitude: Ecstatic

MISC:
Topics of Conversation:
Quirks, Habits, & Oddities: Substance use (non-addicted), Walking backwards, Sleeping in odd places
Hobbies & Enjoyments: Acting, Drinking
M/E Disorder: Dependent Personality Disorder

Background: For most of Sati's life hes been on the opposite side of the law. Born in the City of Eto to an artisan mother and her guard a Soldier she was pregnant at the time of his birth traveling near the Lamashtu's flower. His father and the other guards fended off the raiders but the stress caused his mother to go into labor with only the 6 year old sister there to help and thus he was thrust into the world. The experience caused his sister and himself to grow quite close in the coming years of his life. He was rebellious of this fact though for the longest time even getting Imprisoned for doing something that she told him not to. When he was released a couple years later it was his sister that welcomed him back. Slowly he started to grow closer to her again even as his father and mother continued on with their lives shutting him out of it. Annot's attention was all he had and he craved more of it.

As he broached the age of adolescence and grew into a young man His life turned for the worst again. His dear sister was taken from him from another raid while he was too helpless to stop it. The feeling of weakness driving him to do something that many would deem stupid or Reckless but even so He did it all the same. Having looked into a book of magic and seeing the words for a resurrection type spell he desperately tried to cast it. The Magic though wasn't there to accomplish such a task but something else was. As Her body dissipated into the Aether a new one took its place. Much larger than the one she once had, sturdier too, the creature that Annot had become now tied closer to Sati's life than ever before, his companion, his Eidolon. The woman turned guardian destroyed the gnolls and comforted her distraught brother taking him back to the city where they lived. She was almost attacked going into Eto but her brother spoke for their passage. His Silver tongue coming to their aid as she traveled home with him and to their parents.

They didn't stay long as their father Furious at his son's inadequacy banished him from their home. He left though not without some parting words as they descended into the bowels of the city. The place where the crime lords and the thieves reigned supreme. It was here that they met Rafa Dan and became a part of the black market. Their job was to collect things of interest around the city. They did this expertly though not without a few hiccups along the way. Eventually they stumbled across what little information there was to be had about the gnolls that caused the death of his sister something that Sati was still quite sore about. This information led eventually to a small clergy of the gnolls responsible. With the spear that he had liberated from his father after they had been long kicked out an Annot's new form they decimated the clergy killing everyone inside it. He returned back to the city afterwards to have his sister nurse his wounds and get more work.

Eventually their luck ran out and during one of the burglaries they were caught. Sati was imprisoned for it for some time before finally being let out early after betraying Rafa Dan and his operations. Away into the night they disappeared to Wati both for a fresh start and to escape the death that was sure to come for them. Its been a few years since that new life began. Sati has tried multiple times to settle down but his desire to be the center of desires has drove the women he has courted away.  He still watches over his back even now for Rafa Dan. He knows that he'll never be able to stay hidden forever, he's just hoping that when he is found he can defeat the man and earn his freedom. He hopes that with the Pharaoh opening the Necropolis that he can find something inside. Something to increase his chances.
Posting format
[float=left][img padding=15 Height=300]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs41/PRE/f/2009/035/3/7/Anima__Medusa_by_Wen_M.jpg[/img][/float][float=right][img padding=15 height=300]http://gelbooru.com//images/ac/ef/acef8c0551ee3bbc6c2b7120688251f7.png?2471103[/img][/float]
[hr]
[b][size=12pt][glow=Orange,2,300][font=verdana]Sati[/font][/glow][/size][/b], [glow=Orange,2,300][i]Male Human Summner 1[/i][/glow]
[url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=89938]Character Sheet[/url]
HP:10 (Current: 10)  AC: 12, [u][i]touch[/i][/u]: 12, [u][i]flatfooted[/i][/u]: 10
[b]Fort[/b]:+2 [b]Ref[/b]:+2 [b]Will[/b]:+2
[hr]
[spoiler=Statistical info][size=8pt]
[b]Combat[/b]: CMB: +0, CMD: 12, Move: 30 ft
[u]Melee[/u]: Spear +0 (1d8, x3, piercing)
Dagger +0 (1d4, 19-20/X2, Piercing/Slashing)
[u]Ranged[/u]: Spear +2 (1d8, x3, 20ft, piercing)
Dagger +2 (1d4, 19-20/X2, 10ft, Piercing)
[b]Buffs[/b]:
[color=Navy][b]-Innate[/b][/color]:
[color=Maroon][b]-Spells[/b][/color]:
[color=pink][b]-Potions[/b][/color]:
[b]Debuffs[/b]:[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Spells Prepared][spoiler=Level 0]- Detect Magic
- Light
[/spoiler][spoiler=Level 1]- Summon minor monster
- Grease[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Annot][URL=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=89939][B][size=14pt]Annot[/size][/B][/URL]
Female Eidolon 1, [B]Init[/B] +3, [B]HP[/B] 8/8, [B]Speed[/B] 20 Ft. Climb 20 Ft.
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]CMD[/b] 14, [B]Fort[/B] +1, [B]Ref[/B] +5, [B]Will[/B] +2, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]Bite[/B] 2 (1d6+1, 20/x2, 5ft, Piercing)
[B]Tail Slap[/b] -3 (1d6, 20/x2, -, Bludgeoning)
[B]Abilities:[/B] Str 12, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
[B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision, Scent, 
[B]Skills & Feats:[/B] Acrobatics +3 (+5 for balance) Climb +9, Disable Device +7, Heal +4, Perception +4, Stealth +7, Combat Reflexes
[B]Special Qualities:[/B][/spoiler]
[hr]

This is where I post this is normal non speaking posting
[glow=Orange,2,300][font=verdana]This is how Sati talks isn't it lovely[/font][/glow]
[glow=Orange,2,300][font=verdana][i]This is how Sati thinks isn't it lovely[/i][/font][/glow]
[glow=Red,2,300][font=verdana]This is how Annot talks isn't it lovely[/font][/glow]
[glow=Red,2,300][font=verdana][i]This is how Annot thinks isn't it lovely[/i][/font][/glow]

[spoiler=OOC]OOC goes here much wow many woot[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Actions]Actions go here isnt it lovely?[/spoiler]

EDIT LOG
Edit 1: Added Equipment, fully fixed Stat block,
Edit 2: Fixed Annot's picture
Edit 3: Randomly generated personalities for both (thanks Thorne) and background notes
Edit 4: Added full background Edited a Mistake in my posting format
Edit 5: Added Description for Sati
Edit 6: Added Annot's Picture before she was turned into an Eidolon and Made the app a bit cleaner/better organized

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Re Z L

Quote from: Thorne on February 09, 2015, 12:59:02 PM
Hm. I haven't got a picture (yet) because for some odd reason, finding a tall, muscular woman with the right combination of physical traits is more difficult than I had thought (I'll get to that).
However. I have a character, with the requisite number of Large, Rusty Plothooks.

Khyrat
Tiefling (Oni spawn) Fighter (tactician) 1

Most people would not necessarily consider Khyrat attractive; unless 'woman that can fold you in half' counts, and she's run into one or two people who found her so. Tall, muscular, with a mane of thick, curly black hair and intelligent amber eyes, Khyrat's strong features are even, and her skin largely smooth - other than the places where scars lighten bronze skin to tan. As most tieflings do, she has horns jutting out of her hair, shining black and curved upwards. Some of her size and muscle may also be attributed to whatever dark heritage is hers, but, like many other things about herself, she has no idea what that might be; usually, she has no time to consider it.
As someone who takes her cue from the locals to survive the heat and dust, Khyrat wears loose, flowing robes in dark colours over her carefully crafted mail armor, although even a loose keffiyah doesn't do a damn thing to hide her horns - they just poke through the fabric, and at best provide a place to snag the veil that keeps her from breathing too much of the aforementioned dust. There is a sword tucked under her cloak, a shield flung across her back and she gives off an air of competence and control.

Khyrat didn't precisely take to wandering because she wanted to. She's been shunted about most of her life, and by now, she can't remember where, exactly she was born, or how, exactly, she ended up on the road in the first place. She's tired of wandering, tired of having things thrown at her and being told she should appreciate her lot.
She's not overly thrilled to be in Osirian, where it's too hot, too crowded and the people don't appreciate tieflings any better here than anywhere else. On the other hand... the timing is good, and the company not bad, and she is opportunist enough to take advantage of all of the above in the hopes of improving her lot in life.

BRB, looking for image. Maybe Royo can deliver... <.<

Want a brother?  ;D

My Tiefling

Some possible pictures for you

A&A

Thorne

*blink* Holy pants. Thank you. ^^
If I can get my grubby paws on a scanner, the image problem will solve itself, but if not .. that first one is at least close. I've settled for 'close' before. >.>

Anyway. 'Want a brother' ... we should discuss how that might work. It's not like there isn't a possibility, albeit I expect Hungerseed to be one of the rarer tiefling types on this side of the mountains....

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Re Z L

Quote from: Thorne on February 09, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
*blink* Holy pants. Thank you. ^^
If I can get my grubby paws on a scanner, the image problem will solve itself, but if not .. that first one is at least close. I've settled for 'close' before. >.>

Anyway. 'Want a brother' ... we should discuss how that might work. It's not like there isn't a possibility, albeit I expect Hungerseed to be one of the rarer tiefling types on this side of the mountains....

No problemo!  I tend to collect random pictures I think are neat and I'm happy to share them  ;D

I'll poke you via PMs if you want to discuss the possibility  :)
A&A

Re Z L

Ka-Sekhen
The Alchemical Ascetic
Level 1 Tiefling Alchemist

Background:
Given up by his mother, who decided to devote her life to chastity after birthing the demon-spawn, he had much to think on regarding what it was to be a Tiefling.  Of course that line of questioning pressed on to other avenues, such as what the real difference between a Human and a Tiefling was--or even a Human and an Elf.  Were this physical traits so defining?  What if they could be altered?  Realigned?  Were they instead, then, all one body manifesting different attributes?  And if that was the case was there some sort of "supreme" form?  He concluded that there must be, using the existence of so many deities as some of a specious reasoning behind his conjecture.  So he began to pursue knowledge of this so-called "God-Body".

Physical training was certainly one facet of his exploration, but of course more than that was the mental exercise.  He had to understand the fundamental differences between bodies, which lent itself to a rather macabre understanding of various physiologies.  He became just as adept at dealing critical damage to foes as a Rogue...though for very different reasons.  Alchemical study naturally came soon-after.  As you begin to understand the basic substrate you move on to manipulation of that medium.  Finally you must test yourself, just as you test a forged weapon lest it be too soft that it can't hold an edge, or too hard that it shatters in the hand.

So, his adventure brought him to the land of long-dead pharaohs, pock-marked with their ancient tombs.  A land ripe with lost knowledge, and unknown dangers, and even deeper secrets than he might have first thought.

Personality:
Something of a philosophical brute, instead of following the "traditional" methods of personal improvement taught by the monks, he has instead devoted the perfection of his body through the many alchemical extracts and mutagens he has concocted.  A sophisticated explorer who delves into the deepest parts of the world to do two things, uncover greater knowledge to continue his quest for perfection, and to test himself against the challenges that await in the darkness.

Appearance:
A large, burly man, with sharp, glowing eyes and a shock of white hair upon his head.  His skin is thick and armored, his fingers long and tipped with wicked claws, his stance imposing and unmoving.

Quote:
"The body may be imperfect, but it can be...improved."
A&A

ChaoticSky

I have a huge collection too, but most of mine are japanesey which hurts when I have to figure out what is and isn't @_@

OyabunKobold

Lol So what I know of my Summoner is:

Hes been born into a violent life, Been a criminal multiple times, His Sister is his Eidolon who Died in some fashion, and Mass Murdered a Clergy which i Still need to swing as it was a Justifiable reason why he did so...

Chulanowa

....Mass murder? Might want to set the background generator to "non-evil"  ;D

Re Z L

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 09, 2015, 07:52:33 PM

Mass murdered...an evil clergy?  ;D
A&A

Ebb

Quote from: Re Z L on February 09, 2015, 07:53:36 PM
Mass murdered...an evil clergy?  ;D

I guess in a world with resurrection magic it's possible to mass murder a single unfortunate dude. If you really set your mind to it.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ebb on February 09, 2015, 07:55:14 PM
I guess in a world with resurrection magic it's possible to mass murder a single unfortunate dude. If you really set your mind to it.

I'm inspired to make Agrajag an official NPC now.

Bibliophilia

Another potential for you Thorne!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Bibliophilia

Is it more or less evil to kill someone and keep resurrecting them to kill them again, or to kill multiple people?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 09, 2015, 08:05:56 PM
Is it more or less evil to kill someone and keep resurrecting them to kill them again, or to kill multiple people?
Depends on motivation and who, as with allthings, morals are relative :P

kill>rev>kill could be a punishment for a truely evil man who must suffer (really, its basically what they are doing to the Tarrasque, except it revs itsself), and as mentioned, you could mass murder apocalyptic servants of rovagug. On the flipside, you could use the kill>rev method to torment a cleric of Phasmara(?), or mass murder innocent villagers willy nilly.

Etc

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 09, 2015, 07:52:33 PM

The mass murder was the Clergy of Gnoll's that killed his sister. So not as evil as it could be :P but its definitely what made him Chaotically inclined

I posted my background if you want I can reroll that one part but its more a story of revenge than cold blooded murder ;D

Thorne

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 09, 2015, 08:03:52 PM
Another potential for you Thorne!

... is this a hint that I should trade Infernal Sorcery for a tail? ^.~
Thank you - that's a nice one, although it's not quite right for Khyrat.

Updated my character offering post with a character sheet, although I'm still working on the image - I got a scanner! *happydance*
Tomorrow. Maybe then my nose and sinus' will have stopped being stupid. :/

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Just one thing Thorne; Fighter average gold is 175 GP. Don't think you can afford the masterwork on that kind of budget.

Garuss Vakarian

Throwing myself in for consideration. ^^
EDIT: Forgot the + 2 to any ability score, from being human.
Name: James O'conner   Class: Lore Warden (Fighter)  Alignment: Neutral Good. Race: Human.

Background: Between me and GM at this moment. Want to know? Get to know him. ^^

Personality: With a well learned vocabulary, and his higher up bringing to most it is a surprise how.. Well, rude he can be. But witty if one can catch his sense of humor. He is a man of his own principles, and he lives by them to a fault. Honor to him, is but a notion one should weigh for themselves, rather then allowing others to judge for you. Becouse of this philosophy, he does for the most part he get along well with most, he enjoy's the company of scoundrels and paragons alike. They all have their own charm, fun, and wit if one were to take the time to know them. And as long as they were not evil, he could see past their faults or sometimes even their actions. After all, he can see the necessity of the greater good. Further, to him "You can learn a thing or two from any man or women, be they Scrupulous or principled." Though he is a trained fighter, he is in actuality a scholar. Or at least, an aspiring scholar. He loves knowledge, lore, history, myth, artifacts. And he comes to Osiris seeking adventure, knowledge and to especially hold witness to it's ancient beauties and wonders, both terrifying and magnificent.

Notes: Has a british accent.

Ability Scores: Str:16 Mod:3 Dex:14 Mod:2 Int:16 Mod:2 Wis:10 Con:10 Cha:10
Base Atk Bonus:1  CMB:14 CMD:16  Fortitude:2  Will:0  Reflex:0

Wearing: A armored coat, and a wide brim hat. Leather boot's, and travelers garb.

Ac:16  Armor: Armored Coat +4 ac -2 penalty Max dex bonus: 3. Natural Ac: 10 (M, creature.)

Skill's: 7 per lvl: Knowledge History, 1. Knowledge Nobility, 1. Knowledge Dungeoneering, 1. Knowledge Engineering, 1. Climb, 1. Ride, 1. Swim, 1. Apraise, 2.

Traits: Courageous: + 2 to saves vs fear effects.   Hard to kill: When rolling to stabilize, this character must roll against half of his negative hit points rather then the total negative hit points (Minimum 1). Foreign Opportunist: (For the knowledge, not wealth.)
You’re not a native Osirian,
but the opportunity to explore the tombs of Ancient
Osirion—and “liberate” the treasures they hold—is too
good to pass up. Whether or not you’re interested in the
history of this land, you’re def initely interested in the
wealth that’s lain hidden in dusty crypts for millennia—
such as the tombs in the newly opened necropolis of
Wati. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Appraise checks, and
that skill is always a class skill for you. In addition, your
contacts in the antiquities markets allow you to sell
relics of Ancient Osirion for 60% of their listed price,
rather than the normal 50% value. What is considered
a relic of Ancient Osirion is left to the GM’s discretion.

Drawbacks: (Not using them for any reason other then Merely for character growth and quirks.)

Lust for Knowledge: He has a incomprehensible desire to learn, and discover. His curiosity can on occasion prove to great to contain; Own code: He does not abide by laws of men nor gods. He abides by his own principles of right and wrong, and often through this weighs the balance between what he is willing to do for the greater good and what he is not. It is a mix between basic principles of humanity and what is truly right or wrong depends on the variables. This makes him easier to deal with when around more scrupulous or unsavory ally's. But also tough to read at times.

Religion: None, has yet to find one that suits him. Has an inclination that there is one true god, if any. Further, he believes in theoretical ideas that their world happened naturally, and not by divine creation. Perhaps by devine hand, but nothing further. This will likely put him in somewhat odds with religious compatriots, but he is not by any means mean or dismissive of others beliefs. "Shall we 'play act' as door mat's, Hmm? Leave our petty philosophical baggage at the door? Unless you would rather fight and bicker, then pray do continue."

Feats: 1 per level: total 3: Combat Reflexes: May take additional attacks of opportunity equal to his Dex modifier (Current total: attack of opportunity+2=3) . Armor Proficiency Medium.
Endurance:

You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage from exhaustion; Constitution checks made to continue running; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march; Constitution checks made to hold your breath; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst; Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments; and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. You may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.

Carrying capacity: 175, carrying around 60-75 pounds. GP:45 (Rough estimate's) Equipment: Longsword (1d8 (M), crit 19/20 x2, Slashing+peircing, +1 Atk bonus when held with two hands.) Crowbar (+2 to strength check's used to pry objects, or pry open door's/chests. Improvised blunt weopon. 1d6 (M)) Hand Axe (1d6 (M), Hacking, crit 20, x3) Travelers Clothes, Simple Belt. Medium Bag (Connected to the left end of his belt, along his hip.) 1 back pack. Two small bag's, one on either side of back pack. 1 belt pouch, filled with sand. 1 belt pouch filled with caltrip's. Lantern, hooded. 2 pint's of oil, in 2 flasks. 1 pint of Grease in one flask.  Bedroll. 1 Fur Blanket. Ink Pen, 1 pint of Ink in 1 flask, Blank Journal. 2 Waterskin's. 5 rations.  Grappling Hook, 50 foot rope. 1 piece of chalk. 4 small vial's, inside a belt pouch. Magnifying Glass. Candle. Flint and Steel. Wide Brim Hat.

Notes: Sheath on back, for Longsword. Loop on belt for Crow bar to hook to and another for his hand axe.

Thorne

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 10, 2015, 12:14:19 AM
Just one thing Thorne; Fighter average gold is 175 GP. Don't think you can afford the masterwork on that kind of budget.

She can if she crafts it herself (half price is almost reasonable). Which she has the crafting skill to do (given a choice, for a front-liner, I'll take MW armor over weapon any day of the week).
If you would rather I throw a roll for that, and adjust as necessary, I can.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Quote from: Thorne on February 10, 2015, 12:29:44 AM
She can if she crafts it herself (half price is almost reasonable). Which she has the crafting skill to do (given a choice, for a front-liner, I'll take MW armor over weapon any day of the week).
If you would rather I throw a roll for that, and adjust as necessary, I can.

Alright, that's fine. MW armor isn't exactly a game-breaker, and presuming the (redacted) doesn't (redacted) while you (redacted) (redacted) (redacted), causing immediate (redacted), you might get better armor soon enough anyway  ;D

Bibliophilia

-snickers.-  Not at all, Thorne.  Honestly, I don't blame you in the least, trying to find a female Tiefling that's not hyper-sexualized and ruby red is nigh on impossible.

Garuss Vakarian

Thorn: I think your avatar is a possibility, sure theres the extreme close up, but it seems pretty much fine for a teifling.

eBadger

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 10, 2015, 12:34:22 AM
Alright, that's fine. MW armor isn't exactly a game-breaker, and presuming the (redacted) doesn't (redacted) while you (redacted) (redacted) (redacted), causing immediate (redacted), you might get better armor soon enough anyway  ;D

...It's going to be made of gnome bones, isn't it?  :D

Garuss Vakarian

OyabunKobold

Thorne

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 10, 2015, 12:35:07 AM
-snickers.-  Not at all, Thorne.  Honestly, I don't blame you in the least, trying to find a female Tiefling that's not hyper-sexualized and ruby red is nigh on impossible.

Don't start me. I've found a few, but they're rare.

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on February 10, 2015, 12:38:52 AM
Thorn: I think your avatar is a possibility, sure theres the extreme close up, but it seems pretty much fine for a teifling.

Thanks! I painted that specifically for Avatar use though, and I don't have an un-zoomed version.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on February 10, 2015, 04:49:33 AM
Thanks by the way for the Personality gen link :P its fun to use lol

You're welcome.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Autocad

Nestor
Human Paladin (Undead Scourge) 1

Background: What's the matter, lad? Wondering what an old knight like me is doing in this desert shithole? Pull up a chair and grab a drink, then, if you're still listening.

Once upon a time, in the land of Avistan far to the north of here, there lived a young lord who was ruler over his small, peaceful realm. Land, power, wealth - all was his, and he lacked for nothing - even had a pretty wife and a beautiful infant daughter who were the joys of his life. A second child was on the way, and he decided that he needed a larger castle as befit his station and his growing family. He had the perfect location for his new home in mind too, a piece of land that had laid fallow for decades. The local farmers dared not farm it or let their animals graze in it, claiming an ancient curse. Well, the young lord took one look at the bunch of old fat fools, who had been living all their lives next to this piece of supposedly cursed land with no ill effect, and promptly decided to ignore their peasant superstitions.

When the new castle was half finished, a traveling caravan of Varisians passed through the lord's domain. Their fortune-teller warned him to stop what he was doing and tear down the half-built structure, but he knew better than to listen to gypsy nonsense and sent them away.

The day came when the castle was finally finished and the lord moved in with all his family and his court. That night, a thick fog set in and the guards reported seeing shapes move in the darkness - but he paid them no heed, dismissing them as the hallucinations of half-asleep guards in an unfamiliar new place seeing things that weren't there in the fog.

The next day came and all was as it was supposed to be - and then the next night fell, the night of the new moon. At midnight, the whole castle was woken by the screams of men and the din of desperate battle. The lord had built his castle directly on the grounds of an ancient battlefield, and the fallen warriors of eons past were rising up as undead, disturbed by the desecration of this resting ground. He ordered the gates shut, abandoning those outside to their gruesome fates, to wait out the siege until morning brought the relief of the sun. But it was in vain, for the undead were rising inside the castle itself, not even the stone slabs of the floor able to keep them down. For hours the lord fought, until finally he was victorious, he alone standing as the sole survivor in a sea of dead.

The lord rushed to his chambers, where he had bid his pregnant wife lock herself and their daughter in for their own safety. He opened the door only to be greeted by a terrible sight - the babe's face smothered by a pillow, and his wife dangling from the chandelier, a noose around her neck and an overturned stool below her feet. He fell upon his sword, to join his loved ones in the afterlife, but as he blood spread in a growing pool, the first rays of dawn shone upon his face and snatched him from the jaws of the death. The young lord finally understood - this was his punishment, three warnings he had been given and three warnings he had ignored, and now he would not be allowed to die until he had fulfilled the penance for his crimes: to carry the Dawnflower's purifying light into the dark corners of the earth and cleanse the taint of undead wherever it may be found.

So rest up, lad. Tomorrow, we carry out the Dawnflower's work.

Personality: Haven't you been listening, lad? All that's left for the young lord - not so young anymore, heh - is to bring the second and final death to those that don't die after being killed. Do you hate the undead with all your heart, all your mind, and all your strength, too? Then we can be best friends - wait what, you're just here for the treasure? Stay out of my way then, and we can still get along just fine.

Gender and Orientation: All work and no play makes Nestor a crazy boy. Or just crazier than he already is, you're probably thinking. Well, let me tell you the one perk about this life. Til death do us part - and Golarion has a lot of women to offer, if you get what I mean.

Appearance: Are you blind, boy? Look well, for a finer specimen of an Ulfen gentleman you'll not find anywhere. Though I could use a bit less gray and a bit more gold in my beard... This red beret? Picked it up from a trader somewhere. No, it doesn't represent anything special. Yes, I know it looks awesome. No, you may not have it, 'borrowing' or otherwise.

Sheet:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1120567

Chulanowa

Oooooh. I've always wanted to use that image for something, Autocad. Glad to see someone giving it a hopme  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, may apply here. If have time for make the char....I plan abuse that char personality generator what Thorne linked  >:)

ChaoticSky

Done. finally @_@

Name: Semma
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Calistria
Level: 1
Oracle D8

Bio
Background
Semma was born in Wati, the Half City, which stands divided between the living and the dead. Death is never far away from the thoughts of those who live in the shadow of the necropolis, and it seeps into everything, from the faiths the natives cling to, to the goods they export. But there is more to Wati than death; it is a city in the Osirian desert, and it sits upon the shores of the River Sphinx. Sun, sand, fire, water, and more. Semma grew up in the northern Asp, in the shadow of the necropolis, its dark shadow stretching across her future.

...Until it was burned away. Over a decade ago now, a terrible fire sparked to life in the area, and consumed all that it could before finally being stopped. Her family home was lost, her parents dead, and she herself was blinded by fire and smoke, her memory stolen by the haze. The only survivor from her neighbourhood,  Semma was found in a crawlspace between two collapsed walls, miraculously unharmed by the fire save for her eyes. Healers tried to restore the girl's vision but both magic and medicine failed to have any effect. Luckily however, she was saved from the fate of a blind and shunned waif by a priestess of Calistra who perhaps recognized her condition, or sensed the growing potential for divine magic within the girl. The faith of Calistra is not a especially popular religion in Wati, but the city's deathly shroud causes many to cling all the more fiercely to life and the many mourners bring a steady stream of grudges to be satisfied. As a result, while small, the Temple of Calistra does a brisk trade and is quite wealthy, despite a dearth of actual faithful. It was this same temple that functionally adopted Semma.

The girl was raised by the sacred prostitutes and clergy of the temple, and raised well... at leased by the slanted measure of Calistra. In addition, Semma's vision has slowly improved over the years, casting her world in what she interprets as 'ashen hues' instead of normal sight, and while light and darkness don't seem to affect her, there is a finite range on her vision of about thirty feet. In addition, she has begun to manifest basic divine magic, though her method confounds her new family as she doesnt have to pray for spells as a Cleric might, they have largely given up trying to decipher her power and simply accept that she is what she is. Whatever that is. The sole concerning fact is that her power seems somehow connected to fire, it was no mere chance she survived a conflagration that killed dozens, and tests since then, both subtle and not have confirmed that she is very resistant to being burned. Speculation holds that her power has something to do with the fire that killed her family, though none can say if the fire imprinted on her power... or if her power caused the fire. The latter is a possibility that Semma considers too terrible to face and the Temple it's self keeps this secret close, fortunately after so many years, none could say that Semma was the same girl who survived that long ago blaze.

Now that the servants of Pharasma are calling for adventurers to delve into the depths of the Necropolis, Semma feels that it is time for her to step out of her comfortable life and follow the call of the flame in her heart.

Personality
On the surface Semma is a nice girl, freewheeling and largely carefree, she makes no small mount of effort to befriend everyone she meets. Alot of this comes from her upbringing in Wati's temple of Calistria, as a child her many 'aunts' were always kind and wise, gently instructing the girl in the ways of the world and their goddess, they taught her that every meeting was a chance to build something wonderful and unique. So Semma tends to default to assuming the best of people and being friendly, flirty and supportive, unless given reason to act otherwise. By similar logic, and for similar reason, shes very casually amorous in her manner and dress, and while she is generally open to any given liaison, its not actually something she can 'turn off' easily. Which does occasionally cause problems when her mind is on other matters.

Beneath her cheerful smile however, Semma struggles beneath the weight of her power and the curse that comes with it. While the temple that took her in was always supportive and kept her secrets well, that does little to assuage her fears that the fire was her fault. Additionally, while she was blind at first, she has regained her sight... in a way, but is still sensitive about its limits and works hard to try and conceal her handicap. Finally she fears her power its self, she doesnt know where it comes from, how or why she gained it and fears her ultimate purpose... if indeed it has one. She fights this fear by embracing fire in its passionate, creative and protective aspects. A flame to incite the soul, enflame the passions, and drive back the night.

...And one day she might even believe it. For now she steps out of her former, relatively sheltered life with as much boldness as she can muster, to heed the call of the servants of Pharasma and do some good.

Orientation: Pansexual.

Stats
Abilities
Str   : 10 (2) 10(0point)
Dex : 14 (2) 14(5point)
Con:  13 (1) 13(3point)
Int   : 12 (1) 12(2point)
Wis:  10 (0) 10(0point)
Cha:  18 (4) 16(10point)+2(race)

Derived Stats
Bab: +0
Fort: 1 (+0Class+1Con)
Ref : 2 (+0Class+2DexB)
Will: 2 (+2Class+0WisB)
CMB: 0 (+0BAB+0StrB)
CMD:12 (10+0BAB+0StrB+2DexB)
AC : 16 (10+2DexB+4Armour)

HP: 10/10

Skills

Acrobatics (Dex) 4 1+3class
Climb (Str)
Craft (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha) 4 1+3class
Heal (Wis)
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge (history) (Int)
Knowledge (local) (Int) 1 1trait
Knowledge (planes) (Int)
Knowledge (religion) (Int) 4 1+3class
Perform [Dance] (Cha) 4 1+3class
Profession (Wis)
Sense Motive (Wis) 4 1+3class
Spellcraft (Int)

Languages: Common, Necril

Features, Feats & Traits

Features
Human
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft land
Languages: Common
Ability Score: +2 choice [Cha]
Feat&Skill: Bonus Feat
Heart Of the Sun: Hot climate are one category less severe. +2fort to resist hot climate, poison and swarm/vermin Distract ability.
Favoured Class: Oracle: +1spellknown, lvl less than max. +0spells/+0SP/+1HP
Oracle
Proficiency: All simple weapons. Light & medium armour, shields (except tower).
Spells:Casts  divine spells from cleric spell list. Can cast any spell known without  preparing it. Must have Cha at least 10+spell level. DCs for a saves is 10+spell level+ChaB. Dont need a divine focus to cast spells with (DF) components.
Mystery: Flame
=Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Intimidate, and Perform.
=Spells: burning hands (2nd), resist energy (4th), fireball (6th), wall of fire (8th), summon monster V (fire elementals only, 10th), fire seeds (12th), fire storm (14th), incendiary cloud (16th), fiery body (18th)
=Revelations (DC to save against revelations is 10+1/2 oracle lvl+ChaB)
-Molten Skin (Ex): Gain Resist Fire 5. Increases to 10 at 5th lvl and 20 at 11th. At 17th level, gain Immunity to fire.
Oracle’s Curse (Ex): Clouded Vision
=Darkvision: 30ft. Blind beyond that.

Feats
-Improved Initiative: +4 Init.
-Combat Casting: +4 concentration when casting defensively or grappled.

Traits
+Charming: +1 bonus on Bluff/Diplomacy checks and DC of Language-dependent spells on those who find you attractive.
+Desperate Focus: +2 Trait Bonus on all Concentration checks.
+Wati Native: +2 vs Fear. +1 Knowledge(local)and classskill
Magic
Spells
0 ∞
-Detect Magic
-Mending
-Purify Food and Drink
-Spark
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{Cure Light Wounds
-Summon Monster I
-Detect Undead
Equipment

Weapons [9 lbs]
Heavy Mace (1d8 Bashing. 20×2 Crit. 8 lbs)
Dagger (1d4 Pierce/Slash. 19–20×2 Crit. 10 ft Range. 1 lb)

Armour [20 lbs]
Armoured Coat (+4 AC. +3MaxDex. -2CheckPen. 20 ft Speed. 20 lbs. Donning/Removing is Move Action)

Items [22 lbs]
Kit, Oracle's [17 lbs]
-Backpack
-Bedroll
-Belt Pouch
-Candles (10)
-a flint and steel
-Iron Pot
-Mess Kit
-Rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-Waterskin.
Kit, Courtesan's [5 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

Misc

Gold
+Starting [105]
-Kit, Oracle's [9]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]
-Mace, Heavy [12]
-Dagger [2]
-Armour Coat [50]
> 22g

EXP: 0

Wanted Lists (stuff to remember for when i get some money)
Gear ideas
-Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)
-Belt Of Incredible Dex: +2/4/6 Str
-Headband of Alluring Charisma: +2/4/6 Cha
-Bag Of Holding I: Contains: 250lb, 30 ft3. 15lb
-Ring of Protection: +2/4/8 AC
-Chaos Emerald: Various abilites, with a limited pool of use.
-Light Mace once I get Finesse and more Dex.

Feat Ideas
-Spell Penetration
-Warrior Priest
-Divine Protection
-Extend Spell
-Empower Spell
-Weapon Finesse

Notes

Chulanowa

Just a reminder, I'm taking characters until Sunday, so anyone who wants to get one in has two days to throw one into the pile.

Bibliophilia

-stacks the characters into a tidy cuddle pile.-

-also makes them all gerbils.-

Dakkon

If only I hadn't at least skimmed all of modules... I think this will be a great AP for you! I'm not going to toss a character in, since I know the plot, but I will be following and reading!

Thorne

Fixed the image thing. Working on a better one, but for now, live with my inability to manage color effectively. ;p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

OyabunKobold

Im good to go everything's done cept the last description for Annot. Ill add it in at a later date if needbe if the game starts before.

Chulanowa

I will be deciding on characters at Midnight Pacific time; ten hours and fifty-two minutes left!

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 15, 2015, 03:08:07 PM
I will be deciding on characters at Midnight Pacific time; ten hours and fifty-two minutes left!

My char is complete chul by the way ready for review. Only thing Ill be adding later is a Description like the one Sati has for Annot which wont change anything really about my char.

Work just has been killing me its almost over though! tuesday is the last day of mardi gras!

Chulanowa

Oh! That means today is Joe Cain day. I kinda miss moon pies. Getting hit in the face by the things, not so much...

Thorne

I'm done - unless there are questions, in which case, I will be an open book, as long as I'm not ears deep in players trying to feed me a line. ^.~
(which I am okay with. Just, you know, I wish they wouldn't whine and hold things up for half an hour when I tell them 'no, it doesn't work like that'. ..)

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Thorne on February 15, 2015, 03:21:49 PM
I'm done - unless there are questions, in which case, I will be an open book, as long as I'm not ears deep in players trying to feed me a line. ^.~
(which I am okay with. Just, you know, I wish they wouldn't whine and hold things up for half an hour when I tell them 'no, it doesn't work like that'. ..)

*hands thorn many cheese wheels to chuck at the whiners because cheese goes great with whine*

Zaer Darkwail

*offers salami sausage slice platter*

What? Cheese goes very well with salami sausage!

Re Z L

A&A

Thorne

This calls for the addition of a fruit plate. *sage nod*

... although I'll take a nice mead over the wine, thanks.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

EndofDivine

Salimah Bahar
Infiltrator Inquisitor of Pharasma

Background: Prince Khemet III is a blight on this land. He whores his own country out to foreign interests, trading away Osirion's rich culture and history for wealth. His latest blasphemy is also his boldest, opening the eyes of many to Khemet's unending greed and ambition. If he has his way, Osirion will soon find itself a hollow shell of what it once was, having traded away its very soul for foreign gold.

But there are those that have begun making moves against the Prince, those that desire to hold onto the past and return Osirion to what it once was. While the temple of Pharasma has publicly acquiesced to Khemet's demands, a small group of outraged priests and soldiers have banded together in secret, swaying the lottery in the church's favor as best they could without raising suspicion. As part of their plan, agents of Pharasma scattered across Wati, posing as fortune hunting adventurers seeking allies for the upcoming drawing in a bid to get someone on the inside to gather ancient knowledge, relics, and wealth to use against Prince Khemet. Salimah Bahar is but one of the pawns in this grand scheme, her patience pushed to the limit by Prince Khemet III constantly spitting in the face of tradition and her ancestors.

A member of the Voices of the Spire that split her time between patrolling the edges of the necropolis and information gathering for the church, Salimah is the perfect mixture of martial prowess, infiltration ability, traditionalism, and religious zeal that her superiors' plan requires. Salimah is all too happy to play along, putting on the guise of an adventurer and a reassuring smile as long as it means putting an end to Khemet's madness and allowing the dead of Osirion to rest in peace.

Personality: Salimah is loyal to her deity first, her country second, and everyone else third. At times, she's downright manipulative, using her skills of observation and an understanding of psychology to turn herself into the person those around her want her to be. Salimah has trouble trusting foreigners, especially those that prove themselves to be insensitive to her culture by picking her people's resting places apart for personal gain. As far as she's concerned, the only thing stopping those types of people from being on par with Khemet is their own ignorance - Khemet knows of Osirioni tradition and taboos and chooses to ignore them while foreigners may not.

There's still a genuine kindness that exists behind her numerous facades, however, and that kindness is a large part of why she does the things she does. Salimah wholeheartedly believes in and loves what Osirion used to be and feels the same way about its people and culture, which is why she has so readily volunteered herself to delve into the necropolis with a group of strangers from foreign lands that she struggles to trust. Osirion is worth preserving, and standing by and doing nothing will just see it rot away before her own eyes.

ChaoticSky

Ooh, a Inquisitor, I've been wondering, what's the draw of that class anyway? I keep looking at it but it always feels like I'm missing the 'neat' somehow.

Thorne

They get some interesting powers, and some useful fluff. I haven't seen them used much (and unfortunately, the last one I saw played was played by someone who wasn't good at thinking ahead.
I didn't realize it was possible to take so much damage from a specific poison type that it would literally melt the legs right off the target, until this guy put himself in a position to demonstrate (there was no saving the character - he was in the front line, the healer was in the back, and incapable of reaching him in time to do anything). :/
Unfortunately, we didn't really get to see him at his most effective.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

CalliLurk

Hasina:Treasure Hunting Sorcerer
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Lv 1 Ifrit Sorcerer

Bio: Hasina was born to an assumingly Efrit female. Well assuming since she had no idea who her mother really was. She was raised by the street urchins and those that took them under their wings. She learned some tricks of the streets and after some time she was soon working as a fence assistant of magical items. She found she could almost feel or see the magic that an item does or does not have and it made her "employers" more money in the long run with her being able to see fakes for them. In time she found herself being hired out to help guide treasure seekers through tombs to finding the real riches, not her fault they had no one that could prove her wrong in the items she took for payment as being worth the meager sum she was charging. Now she was working on doing it her own way, finding her own group to try her hand in getting in on the lottery for entrance into the tombs of Wati and to make it a more then a little bit of a profitable endeavor.

Personality: Hasina is a greedy thing. She wants riches, she wants what she didn't have growing up. If she gets to show off in the process and make herself look even better in the process all the better. She enjoys a good thrill as well which only helps with going spelunking in the tombs all the more fun to her.

Sexuality: She is more then willing to try anything once. And maybe twice if it was really fun. She likes a thrill and enjoying another's company is just another way to do so.

Muse

Is her name Kimi or Rand?

Name:      Rand
Alignment:   Chaotic Good
Class:      Swashbuckler 1
EXP:         0
Next Level:   
Faith:      Desna
Race:      Human

Birthday:      11th day of the 9th month
height:      5’1”
Weight:      101lbs
Measures:    34” c, 24”, 30”
Skin:         Rosy
Hair:         Russet waves that fall to her chin. 
Eyes:      Like milk chocolate.
Style:      Swashbuckling tomboy chic, including resilient leather pants, gloves, and a rugged corset under a white blouse open on a generous expanse of cleavage.  Rand has a hat her uncle Faran gave her, a fine velvet cavalier’s hat with a white plume.  The rest of the outfit--save for the calf high boots--she made herself. 
History:      Third child--and second daughter--of a tailor named Neville and a seamstress named Minerva, Rand aspired to see the world like her uncle Faran.  It was Faran who taught her both fencing and lockpicking.  Now that she has come of age, Rand desires to travel and perhaps make her fortune.  She has even specualted about taking the test of the star stone. 
While her motives seem less than heroic, Rand is a compassionate girl with a sense of justice, and would be hard pressed to walk away form a cry for help. 

EndofDivine

Quote from: Darkling on February 15, 2015, 04:34:56 PM
Ooh, a Inquisitor, I've been wondering, what's the draw of that class anyway? I keep looking at it but it always feels like I'm missing the 'neat' somehow.

I've always felt the same way to be honest. The character started as a warpriest but I love having skill points way too much to play a class that gets 2 unless it really works for the idea. So...Inquisitor it is, I guess. Hopefully I can make it work if I get to play it.

Chulanowa

So the finalists are in!

Ebb - Tgamo Mubatsi (Barbarian)
Bibliophilia - Nesha (Cleric of Sarenrae)
Autocad - Nestor (Paladin of Sarenrae)
EndofDivine - Salimah Bahar (Inquisitor of Pharasma)
Muse - Rand (Swashbuckler)

The OOC thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223744.0

Thank you to everyone who submitted interest and characters, it was exciting to see so many chipping in for my first run on E. I'll keep you in mind if someone decides they need to drop, and hope to see some of you with the next whajjamajigger i decide to run.

Zaer Darkwail

Good luck! I pondered should I make apply or not but I think I am enough games already :P. Anycase looks interesting cast :).

Muse

Thank you Chulanowa.  I'm very excited.  And also thank you for putting up with a last minute application. 

eBadger

Thanks for the consideration, definitely keep me in mind next time you need a player!