~ Word of the Day: Feedback & Comments! ~

Started by Blythe, March 21, 2017, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

This is a thread specifically to chat about the Word of the Day! You can come leave a little positive feedback for people here or ask questions, if you have them, about the Word of the Day!

Go nuts.  ;)

If you are approved and have completed a Word....

...then you are eligible to use one of these lovely signature images for your signature. Please only use them if you completed a Word of the Day.

Pink:

Red:

Orange:

Yellow:

Green:

Blue:

Purple:

Neutral:

Dark themed:

Tag Specific:

Flower

Yay to KS being the first responder! I really loved your response. You're pretty nifty at describing the setting. I was super impressed. :)

Ariel

I am so excited to see everyone's entries!! I will be eagerly stalking, so please please please post ;)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Jag

This is a wonderful idea and I hope to participate soon. ^^

KS, your response is very well done.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Blythe

All righty, I took a stab at the Word for today! 'Lief' is a hard word--I struggled with it a lot. ^^

King Serperior

Quote from: Flower on March 21, 2017, 07:32:19 PM
Yay to KS being the first responder! I really loved your response. You're pretty nifty at describing the setting. I was super impressed. :)
Quote from: Jagerin on March 22, 2017, 01:49:30 PM
KS, your response is very well done.
Thanks for your compliments!   :D

Quote from: Blythe on March 22, 2017, 03:38:45 PM
All righty, I took a stab at the Word for today! 'Lief' is a hard word--I struggled with it a lot. ^^
I think you did quite well, Bly. I have to agree that 'Lief' was a hard word.  I don't think I've had as much trouble with a word before!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Flower

I think you both did an excellent job. As soon as I read the word, it put me in the mind of a historical type setting as well. ^_^

Blythe

Quote from: Jagerin on March 22, 2017, 01:49:30 PM
This is a wonderful idea and I hope to participate soon. ^^

I just wanted to say that I look forward to seeing what you write when you feel ready <3

Beguile's Mistress

This is a great idea for the Non-Adult section and I'm hoping we see some of new members here, too.

I might even find the motivation post something myself. :-)

Blythe

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 22, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
This is a great idea for the Non-Adult section and I'm hoping we see some of new members here, too.

I might even find the motivation post something myself. :-)

Thank you, BeMi! <3

And of course, you are always welcome to post something should you wish to, that would be absolutely lovely.  :-)

Blythe

Commenting on mioyumyum's writing today!

Thank you for participating! I love the twist you did for Clark Kent about the whole flying thing, the idea that Superman's powers are totally different than the comics! Great twist, neat genre take on it. :)

King Serperior

Now that was an interesting twist, mioyumyum, and I like interesting twists in writing!  Great work!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

mioyumyum

Quote from: Blythe on March 22, 2017, 07:59:59 PM
Commenting on mioyumyum's writing today!

Thank you for participating! I love the twist you did for Clark Kent about the whole flying thing, the idea that Superman's powers are totally different than the comics! Great twist, neat genre take on it. :)

Quote from: King Serperior on March 22, 2017, 08:17:30 PM
Now that was an interesting twist, mioyumyum, and I like interesting twists in writing!  Great work!

Thank you guys for being a great encouragement!  Mio

Blythe

Commenting on Jagerin's writing today!

I like this use of the word 'lief'---you were going more for that eerie vibe, emphasizing the 'soon' definition! I think you really did well utilizing the horror genre. It made me want to know about what the entity is that was showing up at the man's house & why it was showing up each night!  :-)

Jag

Aw, thank you, Bly. I love writing horror and I don't feel like I do it often enough anymore.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nico

I don't know if it is alright to post here but please delete it if it's not appropriate.

I was thinking about trying to write in the Word of the Day thing, but I am really not certain if I am welcome.

Blythe

Quote from: Nicholas on March 24, 2017, 01:20:41 AM
I don't know if it is alright to post here but please delete it if it's not appropriate.

I was thinking about trying to write in the Word of the Day thing, but I am really not certain if I am welcome.

It is absolutely okay to post here, and you would be most welcome to join in, Nic. Anyone can participate here. :)

Flower

Caedy

So, for the word of the day, are all words up for grabs that have been posted thus far? :D Inquiring minds and all.  Also...Nic, you should so write!  *nodnod*
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Nico

Quote from: Caedy on March 24, 2017, 10:59:19 AM
Inquiring minds and all.  Also...Nic, you should so write!  *nodnod*

I'll see if I am comfortable enough to write something. :-)

Flower

All words (past and current) are viable options. :-)

King Serperior

I'm loving the newest writings so far.  Jag, Maverick, and Nic:  You all wrote amazing works.  Very enjoyable indeed.  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Blythe

Oooh, more things to comment on!

Some commentary MaverickKane's piece:

This was such a tragic piece--given a lot of news I've read online about some flooding areas in the past, it really resonated with me emotionally. You worked in the Word really well, and I feel that you let it really guide the subject of your writing. This was overall very well done!

And some commentary for Nicholas's piece:

What an intriguing piece! I found myself increasingly curious about the exact circumstances surrounding Sebastien and what brought him to this psychiatrist, though of course there's some info there, but it left me wondering more! The word was integrated in a delightfully subtle way at the end. I also think that you did marvelously playing with the sense of sound--the ticking of the clock, Sebastien's breathing, interplaying with the dialogue.

Nico

Thank you.

And now the new word makes me want to write some more about Sebastien and the Doctor. ~snickers~

Flower

I was surprised by their selection. There are a lot of angles you can take with that word. :)