Halo RP Interest Probe

Started by RabbitJanitor, April 12, 2013, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabbitJanitor

Before I start a big wright up, I would like to see how many people would be interested in a Halo RP. Hopefully we can get four or five people going on this. Frelance will be Co-DMing this with me, so when I'm out of ideas he'll jump in. It also alleviates some creative pressure off me, and keeps it simple if we want to split the group up.

My Story ideas so far are a jumble. One that I'm particularly attached to at the moment involves a group of Spartan 4s that are working in tandem with an ONI research team. They're tasked with surveying and clearing a surviving piece of the ark that was thrown clear of the explosion, and is now in close orbit around a large sun. I'm thinking of having a rouge element to one of my plot drivers, some conflict with the Ark's defenses itself, and have ONI have a hidden Agenda as always.

I'm open for suggestions.

Frelance

I am just posting to confirm my position in this. Hope to find some interest for this.
Evolution is an arms race

ShadowFox89

Posting my interest for a Spartan IV engineering and demolitions expert.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

I am tentatively interested. However, while I am familiar with the setting of Halo, and the general storyline of the mythos, I'm not all that familiar with the difference in Spartan programs.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Frelance

Thank you both for your interest. Between RabbitJanitor and myself we should be able to explain the differences between the spartan programs. I will post here again once we have that information in the first or second post of the thread.

ShadowFox89

The Halo Wiki is your friend: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-IV_Program

And I found this, http://veegie.com/Vanity/ , and am going to try it out.

My suggestion for a game is to have it set where the canon of Halo won't touch it too much. Maybe we encounter some aliens that aren't part of the Covenant. Maybe we find a breakoff group from them. Either way, it keeps you guys from having to worry too much about bumping into canon.

Potential character image:

Edit: Alternatively:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

Ah, whoops. For some reason, I got the program name mixed up with the armor name. I'm a bit familiar with the Spartan 4 program.

RabbitJanitor

Wonderful! People are Interested and I am happy for that.

That Vanity program could be useful. I always liked the look of the Reach armor sets over the other ones, gave it more of a grittier worked in feel to all of it. I'm not too picky over what armor sets you want to use, My main plot driver will be using the spartan armor. If you do have the game using screen shots of an armor set you've built great. If not, contact me and we can organize something and I can hop on mine and get a picture. Unfortunately My Xbox is elsewhere for the weekend, so I cant do it now.

This Image is actually from the Beta. Strangely I don't have any from the full game.

I completely agree with staying away from canon. I was thinking of bringing 343 Guilty Spark into the story at some point.

Carlissa

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I have limited knowledge on the Halo Universe (Only playing the core Halo games), and I stopped playing Spartan Ops  a few months ago when I moved and lost internet connection for my Xbox (I have the old white one and have to use a cable to get internet, and my Xbox cant reach the motem...). I hope this isnt a problem, since I've been interested in playing a Halo RP for some time.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Shouldn't be a problem Carlissa, I've read none of the books/comics and have only played 1/2/3/Reach.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chreestafer

i tried to do a halo rp abit ago so i definitly am interested :)

i also have ideas towards a plot line if interested :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Frelance

@ Carlissa: Thats fine all information you need will be given and if you have questions just ask and we will answer them.

@ Chreestafer: Feel free to post your ideas or send to RabbitJanitor and myself in a pm if you would prefer.

ShadowFox89

I'm gonna wait to see what sort of character creation guidelines and such are set up....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

Character guide lines: For those of you that are not completely into the Lore, the first spartan programs pulled candidates from a pool of genetically selected seven to ten year old kids, kidnapped them and then trained them from there. The Spartan 4s were the first that didn't have to steal children from families, so having a prior military history should be filled out. It doesn't need to be really detailed, maybe mention the character's bit of training, and a battle they were in that pushed them to apply for the S4 program (7 years of training). You're also working for ONI, so you've gotta have something exceptional in your history.

Spartan Specialization : Over all your Spartan is a well rounded soldiers, but they do have two 'specializations'. These are extra training like 'Demolitions Expert' or 'Technical Genius' that your spartan in known for. (Usually their armor reflects their Specializations.)

For Appearances, you can use the Vanity program that was previously posted by ShadowFox, Or if you want you can look through some of the armor variants for the S4s and contact me and I can fix you up a photo.

For Equipment, Hit the Wiki and have at her, UNSC or Covenant. No Forerunner tech though.

For Ranks, keep it between high Corporals, Sergeants and Warrant Officers. No officer ranks, no ones that cool yet.

I'll have a character example up later tonight after I get my classes done.

CS-
Name:
Spartan Specializations:
Equipment and Tech:
Appearance and Armor:
History:

ShadowFox89

Name: Katherine "Tops or Kat" Vasilyev
Sex: Female
Spartan Specializations: Engineering, demolitions, and hacking. Former ODST.
Equipment and Tech: Demo charges, DMR rifle, combat knife, pistol, TACPAD
Appearance and Armor:
History: Kat enlisted in the USNC at age 17 in 2544. Kat signed up immediately for demolitions and engineering training, and found her training being put to use sooner than later. She first saw action at the Battle of Sargasso in the year 2446, assisting in taking out bridges while Covenant forces were moving over them. Kat was promoted after the battle to corporal and signed up for the Navy Special Weapons division. She went through several more months of harsh training and was redeployed across the galaxy, spending the next two years in some of the heavier combat situations. In 2549, Kat signed up for the ODST, spending several months in training before being immediately deployed to Paris IV.

Kat saw her first action as an ODST by hot dropping into the city. Further action took her across the front of the war, where Kat was promoted to Master Sargent. When the war finally ended, Kat immediately signed on again to fight the remnants of the Covenant Loyalists, putting her hard earned talents in explosives to use. When she was informed about the Spartan-IV program, she jumped at the chance to prove herself further. After the augmentation process, Kat was stationed at Cairo station, much to her chagrin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

I am interested in a halo RP but I don't like spartans that much. I would rather use a elite if that is OK. Being the timeline is after halo 3 and maybe shortly before halo 4, UNSC should have a alliance with the elites because of the events in halo 3 with the arbiter. I was about to do a interest check my self on a covenant RP with a elite I wrote up in my free time that has a custom armor and a energy halberd. I will post info on my character idea and the planet he lived on when I get back from work. And I do know that the pic I am using for him is a arbiter design for halo wars but I was going to say his planet was where the arbiters armor was made so they have similiar designs for their militarys armor.
Here is the pic I was going to use

"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

ShadowFox89

Isn't the Arbiter armor horribly out of date?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

The arbiters armor is very old while the smiths of the planet I come from makes new upgraded versions of it. Basicly my armor is a new armor with a classic look.
~Shadowfang~

RabbitJanitor

I wasn't really looking for an Elite, but I'd be open to bring in that character, but I'm not a big fan of the armor. I'm alright with the background and such, I'm just not to sure about the energy Helbred and how it looks like his armor could almost be something from WarHammer. It's down right cool, but not what we're looking for.

ShadowFox89

Well, it's an artist rendering rather than a CGI. It's going to look a helluva lot fancier than if it were in game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

Character
Name: Aileen Domovai
Spartan Specializations: CQC Expert, Pistol Marksman, Evade armor module
Equipment and Tech: M6D Magnum, Combat Knife
Appearance and Armor:

History: Joined the UNSC at the age of 16, lying about her age in order to do so. After 7 years in the service, the now 23 year old Sergeant Domovai came across a seige on a bunker by multiple hostiles while on patrol. Taking out two hostiles with CQC (one of the hostiles being killed by his own knife getting turned on him, Corporal Domovai used one of the dead hostiles as a shield, drawing her sidearm and eliminated all but one of the other hostiles, who surrendered. Despite being wounded in her non-dominant shoulder by gunfire, Corporal Domovai took the hostage to the bunker, then insisted on seeking medical attention for the survivors before allowing herself to be treated by medics. Several months after the incident, shortly after recovering from her injury, Corporal Domovai accepted the offer to be entered into the Spartan 4 program.

Carlissa

My profile is almost done. I'll send it to Rabit once it's completed for analysis. But before then, I have a question.

QuoteIt doesn't need to be really detailed, maybe mention the character's bit of training, and a battle they were in that pushed them to apply for the S4 program (7 years of training).

In this quote, are you saying that the Spartan IV program itself is 7 years of training, or that you need 7 years of training/military experience to be in the Spartan IV program? Because I was under the impression that the Spartan IV program just used augmentations and other performance boosting... things to allow the participants to use the MJOLNIR armor. If I remember correctly, Spartan Thorne from Spartan Ops said he joined the Spartan IV program after the New Pheonix incident, which was 6 months before that point in time.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

RabbitJanitor

Wow, you were paying more attention then I was. Yea, Ill say 7 years of military service, prior and after you got in on the program. That way we don't have anyone who's too green.

ShadowFox89

Well, I plan on my character being a Spartan-II who took the chance for upgraded armor.... Either that, or a former ODST.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Okey dokey. And there's actually another thing that I wanted to bring up.

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 15, 2013, 08:37:26 AM
Character guide lines: For those of you that are not completely into the Lore, the first spartan programs pulled candidates from a pool of genetically selected seven to ten year old kids, kidnapped them and then trained them from there. The Spartan 4s were the first that didn't have to steal children from families, so having a prior military history should be filled out.

When you say "first spartan programs", I'm presuming you are referring to the Spartan II program, correct? Because in actuality, they weren't the first spartans (although they were the first spartans to widely use the MJOLNIR armor, I believe). There was also the Orion Project, which produced the Spartan I's. The Orion Project used volunteer soldiers from the Marine Corps and implanted them with (primitive) physical enhancing... things. Sergeant Johnson was a Spartan-I, I believe.

Frelance

Quote from: Carlissa on April 15, 2013, 06:27:21 PM
When you say "first spartan programs", I'm presuming you are referring to the Spartan II program, correct? Because in actuality, they weren't the first spartans (although they were the first spartans to widely use the MJOLNIR armor, I believe). There was also the Orion Project, which produced the Spartan I's. The Orion Project used volunteer soldiers from the Marine Corps and implanted them with (primitive) physical enhancing... things. Sergeant Johnson was a Spartan-I, I believe.
Ya, thats what he meant. Orion was the Spartan I program but your right the Spartan II program was the first to be able to use the MJOLNIR armor. The spartan III program consisted of orphans who were brought to Onyx and used SPI armor instead of MJOLNIR. They were cheaper to produce and sent on suicide missions that were to dangerous for Spartan IIs and ODSTs. After that we have the Spartan IVs and we know all about them.

Carlissa

Okey dokey. I'm not trying to be nit picky or anything like that, btw. I'm just trying to help 'n all...

ShadowFox89

My background idea alright? Spartan-II who takes the offer for the augs to be able to wear the better armor?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Quote from: Carlissa on April 15, 2013, 08:50:42 PM
Okey dokey. I'm not trying to be nit picky or anything like that, btw. I'm just trying to help 'n all...
I did not mean to sound like I was snapping at you help is never a bad thing :). Sorry if I sounded like I was snapping at you.

@ ShadowFox89: I am talking that over with Rabbit right now.

Carlissa

Don't worry, I wasn't accusing you of snapping or anything. It's just I feel a little bad for coming in here claiming I don't know much about the Halo Universe and then start pointing out (slight) inconsistencies (if you can even call them that) in the plot.

Frelance

Haha, ya when I saw your post the first thing I could think was wait didn't she say she did not know the lore?

Its all good. I kind of went overboard with my answer but I could not pass up a chance to mention my favorite spartans which are the IIIs.

RabbitJanitor

Lets keep to the Spartan 4s please. Actually, the Spartan 2s would be able to fit into the S4 armor easily. (Maybe some fitting and implant issues) The S4s are far less beefy then the S2s. The S4s were made (Like the S3s as Frelance said) to be a cheaper alternative to expensively efficient S2s. The whole point was to bring the enhanced battle armor closer to the soldier level. And it was successful.

Also, i consider the Orion project more of a prototype phase in the program. They didn't produce Spartan 1s, they tested out the armor that didn't work for a regular human. The Spartan 1s were the Roman Spartans, way back when. "THIS IS SPARTA!" and all that jazz.

Edit*
....*ehm* i might of gone over board with mine too....

ShadowFox89

So is that a no to a Spartan-II who had their armor refitted to be a Spartan-IV.... ???
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Yes, please make a spartan 4 please shadowfox89.

ShadowFox89

She'd be a Spartan-IV, but originally a Spartan-II, much like there are some ODST who signed up for the Spartan-IV program :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 15, 2013, 09:14:34 PMAlso, i consider the Orion project more of a prototype phase in the program. They didn't produce Spartan 1s, they tested out the armor that didn't work for a regular human. The Spartan 1s were the Roman Spartans, way back when. "THIS IS SPARTA!" and all that jazz.

So, when referring to the soldiers involved in the Orion Project, should we still call them Spartan 1.0s?

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 15, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
She'd be a Spartan-IV, but originally a Spartan-II, much like there are some ODST who signed up for the Spartan-IV program :P

Holy crap, that makes two female spartans already. I guess the only female in this RP (so far) may actually be a male! :/

Frelance

@Clarissa: Yep you can still call them Spartan 1s if you want.

@Shadow: the difference between an ODST going into the Spartan IV program and a Spartan II going into the same program is that for an ODST it is an upgrade, they get stronger and faster but for a Spartan II it would be more of a downgrade.

Because the Spartan IVs are cheaper it means that they are not as powerful as the IIs.

RabbitJanitor

Actually there were no successful Spartans made from the Orion project. The armor was deemed unsafe for an unaugmented human body. As well, you wont be seeing any S2s or S3s at all, Most of them have been retired or killed at this time point. Also, you should definitely play a women. Adds some variety to the usual nerdy sausage fest.

ShadowFox89

Eh, alright. I can go with a former ODST then.

Still plan on an engineer/demolitions and hacking expert. Expect lots of drooling over alien vehicles and comments about "oh, a charge placed juuust right can bring this whole place down..."
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: Frelance on April 15, 2013, 09:34:31 PM
@Shadow: the difference between an ODST going into the Spartan IV program and a Spartan II going into the same program is that for an ODST it is an upgrade, they get stronger and faster but for a Spartan II it would be more of a downgrade.
Because the Spartan IVs are cheaper it means that they are not as powerful as the IIs.

A downgrade? I thought the armor all the spartans wear were of equal power (at least when it comes to how powerful they could be at the time), and it was just the augmentations/training that was different.

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 15, 2013, 09:38:03 PM
Actually there were no successful Spartans made from the Orion project. The armor was deemed unsafe for an unaugmented human body. As well, you wont be seeing any S2s or S3s at all, Most of them have been retired or killed at this time point. Also, you should definitely play a women. Adds some variety to the usual nerdy sausage fest.

Well technically speaking, the Orion Project didn't necessarily fail in creating spartans, it just didn't make the spartans like the Spartan IIs, IIIs, and IVs. The spartans didn't wear fancy armor and all that jazz, but they were fairly superior to the regular soldier and also, like you said, served as a prototype for future spartan projects. You have to remember that the Orion Project happened long before the Spartan II project (a couple hundered years I think, as the Spartan I project started in the 23rd century), so the results weren't going to be as successful as they were for the future generations (this might not be a strong argument though, as the Orion project ran until the early 26th century).

That's just how I perceive it though.

But the game will hardly be a sausage fest, since there are already two females in the group. It would be kind of weird to see a spartan team made up of more females than males, considering that there are a lot more males in the military than females (That's the impression I get from the games I've played though. If there is any source that proves me otherwise, feel free to show me).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Carlissa on April 15, 2013, 09:51:52 PM
A downgrade? I thought the armor all the spartans wear were of equal power (at least when it comes to how powerful they could be at the time), and it was just the augmentations/training that was different.

They are all equal, if the wiki is to believe, except that the Gen-2 series is more modular.

And why not have an all female team? We could have Fireteam-Amazon :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

Hehe, there's a Story in the Evolutions books that deals with an almost all female spartan team. That was good. I wouldn't mind either way, play what your comfortable with.

RabbitJanitor

Name: Lucas 'Flare' Zephyr
Sex: Male
Spartan Specializations: Zero G Excursion, Vehicle Specialist
Equipment and Tech: ZG-5 thruster pack. BR85HB SR (Battle Rifle). M6H Handgun. Solar Armor fortification.
Appearance and Armor:
History: Lucas joined the UNSC at 18 and showed very little interest in combat training. He trained in vehicle control and piloting, and soon after was posted on an orbital station above New York. It was there that he trained in Zero G Excursion and combat, and it sparked his interest for combat training more then ground combat could. After his second year on a station he was attached to a ship that dealt with mostly ship boarding and vacuum oriented defense walks. After the attack on Earth there were several salvage teams that needed combat ready guard to clear Covenant wreckage. His 'Call to fame' came when he and his team were sent on a heavy excursion to retrieve a malfunctioning AI from a dead frigate that was shot down and being boarded. Most of his team was quickly whipped out and had to retreat off the ship. With him in charge at that point Lucas crashed a pelican into the bridge, retrieved the AI and the led the last three members of his team out with fire extinguishers and the last thruster pack. Him and the last three members are now part of the S4 program. He later participated in a failed prototype visor used for extreme heat and UV radiation blocking, meant to be donned in close proximity to the sun. The failure resulted in a permanent sun burn across his face in the shape of his visor, earning the name 'Flare.'

ShadowFox89

Rabbit, instead of the [*img] tag that you usually use in front, could you use [*img width=400]? Makes it a lot smaller and easier to see. Sans * of course.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 15, 2013, 09:55:43 PM
And why not have an all female team? We could have Fireteam-Amazon :P

That would just be weird.

I dunno, I just usually prefer more men around than women. Makes he women more... Special, I guess. That and there's less competition for my character...

I rarely play males, but I just might go that route. I'll wait and see when the other profiles come up.

And I'm guessing Rabbit's character is going to be the leader of the team (considering that we are all in the same team)?

ShadowFox89

It'd be odd to have the LANCE CORPORAL leading the team....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

No, my character will not be leading the group. Frelance is playing an ONI Operative that's the main leader of this mission. The S4 Lead is still up for grabs.

Carlissa

I suck at leadership roles, but if no one else steps up then I guess I'll take it.

ShadowFox89

Hmm.... Well, whoever is the leader should be geared up for it. Tops (going with that as he nickname for now, also the nickname for the Master Sargent rank) is outfitted to blow things up, scan the structure of vehicles and buildings, and hack into computer systems.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 15, 2013, 04:34:07 PM
I wasn't really looking for an Elite, but I'd be open to bring in that character, but I'm not a big fan of the armor. I'm alright with the background and such, I'm just not to sure about the energy Halberd and how it looks like his armor could almost be something from WarHammer. It's down right cool, but not what we're looking for.
So yes to allowing a elite but no on the armor and weapon. :-\

OK no problem. I can change that easily. Here is my character.

Name:  Amte'Aehol "Dino"
Spartan Specializations: Sniping and E.V.A./Paratrooper training
Equipment and Tech: Antigravity pack(Covenant Jetpack), Sniper Rifle System 99-S5 Anti-Matériel , M6H Magnum (Both customized for his hand size) 
Appearance and Armor:
History: Entering training at a early age, Amte proved himself to be a capable warrior. Unlike most sangheili, he showed to be a better marksman than even the kig-yar. After he was brought in to the covenant military he rose through the ranks to be accepted into the Rangers. This is where he was assigned to ground forces as a highly mobile sniper that can fire from the most unsuspecting locations. After the brutes moved up the ranks Amte only managed to stay high rank due to no one could outsnipe him, but this lead him into darkness during the invasion of earth. While in a sniper nest overlooking a large highway, him and a team of brutes cut off supply lines to the city. But that is when the order came in for brutes to kill the elites. Now with the team that was meant to guard his back trying to kill him, he had no other choice but to flee to a valley where he set up camp and awaited orders from something other than a brute or prophet. After a few days, a team of ODSTs stumbled into his campsite. Amte didn't react to their arrival as hostile action but snarled at them to leave him alone. One spoke up to being a ONI officer and told Amte about the alliance of the humans and the sangheili. Knowing that he was betrayed by the prophets Amte requested to join the humans while they fought the brutes. This allowed him to be inducted into ONI as a specialist. During his time in ONI, he showed more fond of having a female superviser than a male due to most men of the human race would rather kill him.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar Issues and added a sentence to the history.
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

I think I'm done with my character sheet, but I'd be open to suggestions if anyone had any. And yes, I know the picture has an assault rifle, but it was the closest I could find to my mental image for my Spartan.

PaladinZenaku

That is actually a DMR but nice pic. Not being a know it all just saying.
~Shadowfang~

RabbitJanitor

Paladin and Bobmaster, your character sheets are both approved. This is starting to look good, me and Frelance convened and got our ideas in order. We've got a metric shit tonne of fun planned for you lot.

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 16, 2013, 06:37:00 PM
Paladin and Bobmaster, your character sheets are both approved. This is starting to look good, me and Frelance convened and got our ideas in order. We've got a metric shit tonne of fun planned for you lot.
Ok Amte awaits your orders.
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

Can't wait to start. Should be fun.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
I sure hope we're better than as good as these loons.

Fixed that for ya.

That was actually the first gameplay I ever saw of Reach. The graphical style is very different...

ShadowFox89

I played through Reach ^^'

I was actually thinking about doing a Halo game using a game system like MnM3e or Legend. Or do a Halo style Heaven's Reach game..
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:49:48 PM
I was actually thinking about doing a Halo game using a game system like MnM3e or Legend. Or do a Halo style Heaven's Reach game..

I didn't understand a word you just said, hun.

ShadowFox89

Game systems. I usually don't play freeform because it's hard to keep people from overdoing things.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:49:48 PM
I do not know either of those systems but the only way I play a system based game is when its table top. I don't see the point if you want not all in the same room.

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
Game systems. I usually don't play freeform because it's hard to keep people from overdoing things.

I can understand that. The only problem is, I have no idea how to play any kind of game system... All the ones I've seen looked very complicated...

ShadowFox89

About how long after the Fall of Reach would the game take place?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

The better question would be how long after would the game be from Halo 3. I think i can handle this though.

The fall of reach was the Pillar of autumn's send off, starting Halo 1.

I think there was about 1-2 months between halo one and two where Chief and his surviving members paraded around with Halsey on a stolen Covenant cruiser. Number two and Three happen within a week or two.

Then MC spends four years as a Chief-cicle. (A Master Chief-cicle)

And Four happens within a few days and where we're plotted on the time line is about the same time Infinity is back at Requiem.

So.... about.. Four and a half to Five years after Reach.

ShadowFox89

Alright, that works.

My background has Kat serving as an ODST on Reach and being part of the evacuation team, just barely getting off of the planet. Well, really, he entire background is one miraculous survival after another :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Did Halo Reach happen before Halo 1?

Frelance

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Carlissa on April 17, 2013, 10:05:05 PM
Did Halo Reach happen before Halo 1?

Not too much before, but yeah.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

It most Certainly did.

The Pillar of Autumn was leaving reach just as the alien bastards were glassing it. Halo Reach deals with Noble team and their struggle to maintain control of the ground battle and later, transport Cortana to the Autumn before it lifts off. (Witch brings up a few inconsistencies in the Book's story VS the games.)

The Autumns random slip space jump (As per the Cole Protocol) drops them right on Instillation 04's door step. (The first discovered Halo.)

Carlissa

And Halo Reach featured Spartan IIIs as playable characters?... Just how old is Master Chief anyway?

And what the heck is a Pillar of Autumn anyway?

ShadowFox89

Halo wiki. Is. Your friend.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

Sigh* Carlissa, you give my inner nerd a boner.

I believe that one of the Spartans was referenced as a Spartan 3, however the lore in my mind started blocking that part out along my second play through.

I believe the Chief would be about 45-50 at this point. He was selected at Seven and was almost done most of the training before the Human Covenant war started. Spartans were originally made to take on Colonial Insurgencies. The war lasted 30 years, and Chief was on Ice when it ended.

The Pillar of Autumn is the horse that the Spartans were suppose to ride in on. Its an older, but beefy ship. It was crash landed on 04 in the first game.

I AM THE WIKI! <.<

Frelance

ShadowFox89

Welp, done with Kat's sheet. She's not a Spartan-2 or Spartan-3, but has served throughout the war since she joined the service. If you need a boom, she's your gal.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 17, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Sigh* Carlissa, you give my inner nerd a boner.

I believe that one of the Spartans was referenced as a Spartan 3, however the lore in my mind started blocking that part out along my second play through.

I believe the Chief would be about 45-50 at this point. He was selected at Seven and was almost done most of the training before the Human Covenant war started. Spartans were originally made to take on Colonial Insurgencies. The war lasted 30 years, and Chief was on Ice when it ended.

The Pillar of Autumn is the horse that the Spartans were suppose to ride in on. Its an older, but beefy ship. It was crash landed on 04 in the first game.

I AM THE WIKI! <.<

I guess it's my job to give everyone a boner on this thread, since I'm the only female here. I hope my blondness will serve you well.

Is that his physical age or his actual age since his birth? I was under the impression that those pod things he sleeps in slows his age or something.

I don't remember he Pillar of Autumn in the first game... Heck, I don't remember anything from the first game, except that Johnson died at the end... As well as every level he was in.

ShadowFox89

Johnson died in 3, not 1 :P

The Pillar of Autumn is this:

The left part is the front. It has a giant fucking railgun on it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Well someone didn't beat the game on Legendary!

RabbitJanitor

"When I was in the Cops, we didn't have any Fancy Smancy tanks. We had Sticks! Two sticks, and a Rock for a whole platoon. And we had to Share the rock!" - Sergeant Johnson (Halo 2)

The Cryo they stick him in does not completely freeze its occupant. There's a serum they inject you with to keep your blood from crystallizing and it Chills your body to a hibernation state. I read somewhere that its like a 10-1 time difference. Ten hours in real time is one in Cryo. So he is a little younger than that.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

ShadowFox89

And you don't think him hugging an Elite is a little oddd?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

RabbitJanitor

First Sexual contact with an alien race. Elite grabs Johnson's ass.

Carlissa

Vice versa in the Anniversary edition.

Baalborn87

HI. Just like to post my interest if there is still room. If so do you have a sharpshooter yet?

PaladinZenaku

Oh hey baal For the emperor!!!Sorry warhammer fan ;D

I am a elite sniper.
~Shadowfang~

Baalborn87

How bout a vehicle specialist? Thinking cadename:Treds

RabbitJanitor

I don't think We've got a Sharp Shooter yet. My NPC characters taking the Vehicle specialist position. Leaf through the group's character sheets and pick a hole that needs filling.

Carlissa

Your NPC character? So there are going to be other Spartans part of the group besides ours?

ShadowFox89

Roles:

Quote from: Shadowfox89

Quote from: thebobmaster

Quote from: RabbitJanitor
Equipment and Tech: ZG-5 thruster pack. BR85HB SR (Battle Rifle). M6H Handgun. Solar Armor fortification.

Quote from: PaladinZenakuName:  Amte'Aehol "Dino"
Equipment and Tech: Antigravity pack(Covenant Jetpack), Sniper Rifle System 99-S5 Anti-Matériel , M6H Magnum (Both customized for his hand size)

Didn't include appearance or background, but that's what our group is so far.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

I'm mostly going to play the one I posted, but there will be one other, more of a support character working with Communications and the more science-y stuff.

Thanks Shadow for posting that.

Carlissa

Okay. We can have more than one character right?

And is it free Gold day or something for Xbox love? Because I'm a silver member and I'm playing online...

Frelance

Only one character please. Rabbit has two for use in the plot otherwise he would only have one.

Carlissa

Frelance

Name: James Terence

History:  James was recruited from his first position aboard a corvette after graduation at the top of his class in slip space and normal space navigation. Less than a year later the ship was heavily damaged in a minor engagement with the Covenant. After seeing that the corvette's repairs would take several months James took a position of the Prowler Dawns Shadow where he served until its destruction. The crew were able to evacuate the ship and regroup on the systems habitable planet.

They survived for a month avoiding covenant search parties from the planets outpost until a squad of ODSTs were sent in to take out the outpost and search for any surviving crew of the Dawns Shadow. At the end of the week long operation that ended with the disabling of the outposts communication systems. The group of survivors and ODST were picked up by a Pelcan dispatched from a Prowler waiting in orbit. There were only eight of the sixteen crew members who made it off the planet.

He was made the Captain of the Prowler Aurora's flame after taking command and holding the crew together. He did not fail to achieve a single objective since taking command although his ship has needed major repairs many times and he and the crew were almost lost in one of the final battles of the Covenant war. After the war he made many runs into covenant territory to either plant or retrieve ONI spies. After the discovering the Ark fragment Captain Terence was given command of both Aurora's flame and Guinie's smoke another Oni prowler to set up a research base on it.

ShadowFox89

Isn't the Prowler-class exclusively ONI crewed? So wouldn't James need to have been in ONI before taking on the position?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 18, 2013, 09:41:41 PM
Isn't the Prowler-class exclusively ONI crewed? So wouldn't James need to have been in ONI before taking on the position?

ONI recruits from everyone including civilians. There stance is "Are you good? Then we want you."

They effectively killed all over intelligence agencies because they recruited all their best members.

ShadowFox89

I hope you meant "all other" >.>

The background is... hard to read. There's a lot of spots that look like you meant to add some stuff but forgot partly through and picked up another sentence. I know it happens to me sometimes, and it makes it impossible to read....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 18, 2013, 09:49:35 PM
I hope you meant "all other" >.>

The background is... hard to read. There's a lot of spots that look like you meant to add some stuff but forgot partly through and picked up another sentence. I know it happens to me sometimes, and it makes it impossible to read....

My bad, I meant other.

That may just be my writing but I may take a look at it to make sure.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Frelance on April 18, 2013, 09:39:56 PMAt the end of the week that it took them group to disable the outposts communications so that a UNSC fleet could set up its ambush only eight of the sixteen survivors made it on board the Pelican that took them and the ODSTs off the planet's surface.

Single sentence, I can't make heads or tails of it :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

That sentence has been edited

Carlissa

Quick question: do Spartans have need of field medics?

ShadowFox89

I believe their armor can apply quick-fixes, but someone with medical training and gear would be helpful.

We also need a heavy weapons person. Though, that would be a unique combo. Heavy weapons specialist + field medic.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I actually had two characters in mind that specialized in those two... Specialties each. That's why I asked if two characters were okay. Not sure which one is more needed though.

ShadowFox89

Go with one that has a bit of training in both. Or, if you prefer, a heavy weapons specialist trained in field trauma care.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

So when it comes to weapons for the Heavy Weapons Guy, what exactly should I give him? I was thinking a SAW or something, but I don't want him to be too OP considering everyone else is starting out with weaker weapons....

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

The armor works as a field medic and I believe that all the Spartans would have some medical training. There really is only so much you can do for a wounded spartan when they are still in their armor. To do anything past fill them with bio foam or give them some drugs you need to get their armor off.

So I would agree with shadow that you should go with a heavy weapons specialist. Adding in the trauma training would probably be a good idea just in case someone looses a hand.

PaladinZenaku

XD LOL XD
I am sorry. Every time I hear heavy weapons, I think about the heavy from Team fortress 2.
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 19, 2013, 02:03:21 PM
XD LOL XD
I am sorry. Every time I hear heavy weapons, I think about the heavy from Team fortress 2.

My character is going to be filled with references.

well, maybe not full of them.... Or none at all.

Carlissa

My profile! I totally hit a dead end with the history, so if it's not good enough I'll edit it later once I get some better ideas. As for his appearance, I have an armor set ready but I'm going to need Rabbit's help for it :P

Name: Billy “Dragon” Piles
Spartan Specializations: Heavy Weapons (anti-infantry, anti-tank if necessary), some degree of medical knowledge and field experience
Equipment and Tech: M739 Light Machine Gun (SAW), M7/Caseless Submachine Gun (SMG)
Appearance and Armor:

History: Like his father and older siblings before him, Billy joined the UNSC to join the fight against the Covenant. While he originally enlisted in the medical wing of the UNSC with his older sister, he caught the attention of the higher ups by his excellence in basic soldier training as well as being the younger sibling to currently enlisted Spartans, one of which was the leader of a Fireteam. The large but quiet man was timid when it came to fighting, but his potential for being a soldier (and potentially a Spartan) motivated his superiors to try and convince Billy to join the Marines. While skeptical at first, Billy was convinced to change his specialization and eventually joined the Marines as a foot soldier.

Billy’s career as a marine was an eventful one, as he saw a lot of action in the front lines. He proved his worth in large scale battles thanks to his natural soldier instinct and (limited) medical knowledge. Being a big guy to begin with, Billy specialized in wielding heavy and hard to handle weapons and was a fearsome opponent in physical combat (Although completely outclassed by the much larger Elites and Brutes). After 7 years of regular service he volunteered for the Spartan IV program, joining his older brothers and many other soldiers as the backbone of the UNSC.

Frelance

Carlissa Your character looks good :). I know how annoying it is to write history so don't worry about it.

PaladinZenaku

I should of thought of a addition to this early.
Quote from: Frelance on April 19, 2013, 01:35:07 PM
The armor works as a field medic and I believe that all the Spartans would have some medical training. There really is only so much you can do for a wounded spartan when they are still in their armor. To do anything past fill them with bio foam or give them some drugs you need to get their armor off.

So I would agree with shadow that you should go with a heavy weapons specialist. Adding in the trauma training would probably be a good idea just in case someone looses a hand.

She could have the knowledge spartans dont have of filling the medical gel (or other medicines the armor has) that armor used up and she could know how to connect to the armors computer to get a full reading on the spartan inside.
~Shadowfang~

Frelance

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 22, 2013, 01:02:57 PM
I should of thought of a addition to this early.She could have the knowledge spartans dont have of filling the medical gel (or other medicines the armor has) that armor used up and she could know how to connect to the armors computer to get a full reading on the spartan inside.
Ya your right I had complete;y forgotten about that.

ShadowFox89

So... when are we starting?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Frelance on April 22, 2013, 01:08:01 PM
Ya your right I had complete;y forgotten about that.

I was playing Halo 4 when I remembered that johnson had to have a specialist with him at the beginning of halo 3 just to check the chiefs vitals.
~Shadowfang~

Frelance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 22, 2013, 01:08:58 PM
So... when are we starting?
We should be starting in the next few days. I have just pmed ball to see if he is interesting in making a character.

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 22, 2013, 01:38:30 PM
I was playing Halo 4 when I remembered that johnson had to have a specialist with him at the beginning of halo 3 just to check the chiefs vitals.
Ya I have forgotten about that to.

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Frelance on April 22, 2013, 01:43:09 PM
Ya I have forgotten about that to.
Yeah but atleast I mentioned it before we got into the game so she can have a choice because earlier I think we kind of discouraged her with statements about how much help a medic is without having a station to take the spartan armor off.
~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

As far as ons/offs, I'm fine with anything that isn't bathroom related. Dealing with getting raped by an alien could be interesting.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 24, 2013, 01:11:56 AM
As far as ons/offs, I'm fine with anything that isn't bathroom related. Dealing with getting raped by an alien could be interesting.....
Dont worry. Amte isnt that kind of alien. But brutes on the other hand.....Yeah  your boned.
~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

My limits are practically non-existent. The darker and twisted, the better.

PaladinZenaku

Wait I forgot who the females are. *Looks at list* Oh you two are the girls. That might change things.  ::)
~Shadowfang~

RabbitJanitor

Good god.

I think we can officially say the Games gone off track the first time I have to describe a brute's genitalia. Me and Frelance have more Action stuff planned then we do Sexual content.

PaladinZenaku

XD XD XD
Well we the players have to make it interestering for the GM aswell. But I know we will be mostly action and fighting due to we require a station to take the lovely ladies armor off....Sorry got side tracked.
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 24, 2013, 01:01:25 PM
I think we can officially say the Games gone off track the first time I have to describe a brute's genitalia.

By saying this you are suggesting that you know a brute's genitalia, yes?

Don't they just have penises and vaginas like humans?

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Carlissa on April 24, 2013, 01:14:35 PM
Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 24, 2013, 01:01:25 PM
Good god.

I think we can officially say the Games gone off track the first time I have to describe a brute's genitalia. Me and Frelance have more Action stuff planned then we do Sexual content.
By saying this you are suggesting that you know a brute's genitalia, yes?

Don't they just have penises and vaginas like humans?
Yeah that does sound like you already thought about it.

Ok looking at Carlissa's avatar I just have to say if she was playing a female like that. Oh heck yes even a alien (Amte) would want to hold those "Boobs of Infinite Justice". Sorry had to say it.
~Shadowfang~

RabbitJanitor

They do, but if i were to explain a scene with that content in it, like any game, I'd still have to put extensive description into Genitalia. That's just how these things work.

Carlissa

Have there been female Elites shown outside of Halo Legends?

ShadowFox89

I don't think there have. But just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I wonder if they lay eggs or give live birh...

ShadowFox89

The obvious question is: are they compatible with humans?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Houohohohyoho...

Does it have a hole somewhere on its body?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

I'm pretty sure they go the live birth route. I haven't heard anything about Incubating Eggs in my read throughs . Eggs seem more for the Keg-Yar (Jackles) way of things.

ShadowFox89

So just don't get raped by a jackal :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

If a human gets raped by a jackal, no impregnation would result because of th difference in the sexual reproduction systems.

But why are we even talking about this? It's not like there is going to be any impregnation in this RP...

...right?

RabbitJanitor

Not in the plan for this one.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 24, 2013, 10:18:50 PM

Sure, just suck all the fun out :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 24, 2013, 10:18:50 PM

Good. Because if there was, I would have to choke some bitches.

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Carlissa on April 24, 2013, 10:31:52 PM
Good. Because if there was, I would have to choke some bitches.
Dont worry. A elite cant impregnate a human but it still can have sex with one.

But to change the subject, I found the real world version of the halo sniper rifle. The video is 8 minutes long.
~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 25, 2013, 01:54:09 AM

Kat may try to test that out at some point :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

PaladinZenaku

??? Really ???
She would want to test that? I don't think Rabbit and frelance would expect to have a romance between a elite and a spartan but it might make a more interesting story addition. But that is up to them to allow it.
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

There will be no pregnancy in this RP if I have anything to say about it!

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Carlissa on April 25, 2013, 02:23:59 PM
Elites and humans cant have children together due to genetic differences just like humans and animals cant have kids. Like I said earlier.
Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 25, 2013, 01:54:09 AM
A PENIS CAN STILL FIT IN A VAGINA NO MATTER WHAT RACE EITHER IS!!!

Sorry for being blunt about it but to me it seems like common sense.
~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Carlissa on April 25, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Kat will try to romance Billy then :P

Cast:

Quote from: Shadowfox89

Quote from: thebobmaster

Quote from: RabbitJanitor

Quote from: PaladinZenakuName:  Amte'Aehol "Dino"

Quote from: FrelanceName: James Terence

Quote from: CarlissaName: Billy “Dragon” Piles
Spartan Specializations: Heavy Weapons (anti-infantry, anti-tank if necessary), some degree of medical knowledge and field experience
Equipment and Tech: M739 Light Machine Gun (SAW), M7/Caseless Submachine Gun (SMG)
Appearance and Armor: (Pending)

And this appears to be our crew. No young kids around here, everyone is a seasoned veteran and a badass in their own right.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

I got to go to work. I be back on later tonight. Cya.
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 25, 2013, 02:48:52 PM
Kat will try to romance Billy then :P

Billy joined the military to fight for his homeworld. He has no interest in romantic relationships on the battlefield.

thebobmaster

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 25, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

And this appears to be our crew. No young kids around here, everyone is a seasoned veteran and a badass in their own right.

To be fair, don't you have to be a seasoned veteran and badass to be a Spartan?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Carlissa on April 25, 2013, 03:04:25 PM
Billy joined the military to fight for his homeworld. He has no interest in romantic relationships on the battlefield.

Sure, just ruin all the fun.... Kidding. But I do enjoy character interactions (non-sexual even!). As long as Billy won't mind a bit of flirting and teasing, he and Kat should get along find.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 25, 2013, 03:57:07 PM
Sure, just ruin all the fun.... Kidding. But I do enjoy character interactions (non-sexual even!). As long as Billy won't mind a bit of flirting and teasing, he and Kat should get along find.

I would be all for romance if I was playing a female character. It's just that you perverted nerds decided to play female characters and took my perfered gender away from me! XD

Flirting is fine.

ShadowFox89

There's only two females in the group, I think a third would be fine :P

I just don't like playing boring things. It's gotta be an interesting concept or I lose the desire to play the character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Well I don't, okay!?!? *cries*

What kind of characters do you find boring?

ShadowFox89

The standard archetypal characters, mostly. I tend to play my characters with a twist, and run my games the same way.

If I ever drag myself away from Dragon Age long enough to post up a character sheet for my Avatar game, you'll hopefully see soon enough.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I see, I think.

Ermagerd Dragon Age! Which one are you playing?

ShadowFox89

Origins. Ultimate edition was on sale for less than $8 on Steam, which is the only way I can afford any games.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I bought the Ultimate Edition on the 360. I know it's the inferior version, but that's the only way I could play it.

I wish Dragon Age 2 could go on sale for like, a dollar...

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Carlissa on April 25, 2013, 04:53:07 PM
I bought the Ultimate Edition on the 360. I know it's the inferior version, but that's the only way I could play it.

I wish Dragon Age 2 could go on sale for like, a dollar...
I have a 360 but didnt even try dragon age when I have skyrim. I play that so much my first character is a legic level 78. I am just using the Dragonborn DLC to reset my perks so I can train my low talents faster. AND man it takes a long time to do that.
~Shadowfang~

RabbitJanitor

I've also got the 360 dragon age, however I haven't beaten it yet. The mage tower was the forth or fifth thing I went to and its bending me over a table.

Skyrim is fun. I'm slowly progressing through it, but like Fallout, you never actually complete everything. Ive got two characters both at 30 something. The one's a Mace slinging bad ass, and the other is a sneaky mage. Although I used an exploit to get his sneak to 100.

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 26, 2013, 10:40:43 AM
I've also got the 360 dragon age, however I haven't beaten it yet. The mage tower was the forth or fifth thing I went to and its bending me over a table.

Whose in your party?

I've never played Skyrim. I have Morrowind though, which I do enjoy. I've never played the story though.

RabbitJanitor

I had the Templar prince, the healer and shifter, and I was a mage. However I got the spell warrior super class so i was a half ass tank too.

Carlissa

Replace the shifter (Moriggan) with the bard (Leliana). How much emphasis do you have on your arcane warrior skills?

RabbitJanitor

I'm not sure, last time I played was four months ago.

PaladinZenaku

Hey got a question. Do the spartans get their standard combat knife (My energy wrist daggers) like halo reach?
~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

RabbitJanitor

Kirk Vs The Gorn is a classic. It's a good laugh too.

Combat Knives are pretty standard military gear in general. One of those "Don't leave home with out it" items. I'd be willing to say that everyone has at least one strapped to their armor somewhere. As a another note, you're gear isn't internally kept. That seems pretty obvious, but that's easier to see the effect that has with ShadowFox's character and her external hole making bandoleer. Things don't look as stream lined as the games make them out to be. Ammo is another thing, usually you'd have some holders on your hips or thighs, other gear like data pads and non combat materials would be carried in a satchel or backpack.

Carlissa

So we can't pull ammo out of our asses or have magnetic armor that automatically picks up ammo for you (and stores it in your ass)? Aww...

PaladinZenaku

I think he was talking about my elite. Spartans have special ammo storage areas in their hips.
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

How much longer until we start?

RabbitJanitor

Im not sure. Ive got to talk to Frelance after he gets over his post finals hang over. Im out for the weekend so hopefuly by tuesday or wendsday we can start. I appologize for this taking so long.

RabbitJanitor

TA-DA!
Halo- The search for Spark

There's the link. It wasn't until half way through making the post did I realize the resemblance the title had to Star Trek's third movie The Search For Spock.

Please post only once until everyone has posted Once, then we can begin mixing and matching. I'd ask that unless you're in specific back and forth chatter with someone that you keep at least two post of someone else's between yours.

ShadowFox89

Speaking of Star Trek....

I just got a phaser MINIGUN on Star Trek Online.

Minigun. Phaser.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

A minigun phaser? What is the point of that? Arnt phasers one hit kills anyway? Why the extra firepower?

ShadowFox89

They aren't in Star Trek Online. A mini-gun phaser is like a gatling laser gun from Star Wars, shoots out a fuckton of energy bolts.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

...Huh.

Wasn't Star Trek about exploration and blowing shit up with your ship?

ShadowFox89

Oh, it still is. But there are ground missions you do too ('away' missions).

But the best part is the space battles. Oh god the space battles. You can fight everyone from the Borg to Species 8472, to the Gorn and TOS versions of the Klingons.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

How do you fight the Borg? Arnt they like, invincible? Don't they adapt to everything they touch or something?

ShadowFox89

Nope. You'll just have to play to find out, it's free-to-play ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I don't have a computer that can handle the game though...

RabbitJanitor

My laptop is pretty shitty and it ran the game pretty well on low. Its not a very computer intensive game, Its sorta got a cartoon-ish look to it. I go to Level 50 i think. I really hated the away missions, but the space combat is fun. Last time i was on though, they needed to do some balancing between the Tactical, Engineering and Science ships.

ShadowFox89

It uses the same engine as Champions Online, which is why it's got a bit of a cartoonish look.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

I have an Acer laptop from 2007. There is no way my computer can handle it.

thebobmaster

Why is no one posting in the main topic? The RP isn't dead already, is it?

PaladinZenaku

Work has me tied up. But I will try to post after I wake up. I just got home.

Edit
By the way do we have a OOC thread?
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

Sorry that I haven't posted everyone. I've been working on my portfolio for college all week, so I haven't been able to sit down and write a post lately. I'll try to get one up once my portfolio is handed in.

Carlissa

Well, I posted. My brain is still burnt out from working on my portfolio, and I really didn't see that much I could post about anyway, so my post is kinda unimpressive.

The "Billy's love for pelicans" part was actually a lot longer than what I posted, but I thought that writing something irrelevant to the task at hand would be pointless and filler-ish, so I cut it short. My post still feels more about pelicans though.

Hopefully when my brain recovers I can write something a little bit better. But for what it's worth, enjoy.

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

ShadowFox89

I've been wondering when an OOC will be put up....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

Same. But the real question is "Is this RP still alive?"
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa

To be fair, you don't need an OOC thread to post on the main thread. >.>

PaladinZenaku

As the sounds of a cricket echoes through the halls of this thread and RP but with a loud thud a elite thumps the cricket across the room. Amte looks around and sees no one and says to himself "Am I the only one here. Again I am alone."
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

I'm still here. There's just not much for me to do in the RP right now.

Carlissa

I'm still here. I was the last one to post...

PaladinZenaku

Well a month gone by without no post from anyone else. :-(
I wonder if rabbit and frelance even read these messages we are writing?
~Shadowfang~

Carlissa