What happens when...

Started by Cheka Man, May 24, 2010, 10:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheka Man

1-you are listening to music on I-tunes and it jams for a few seconds before starting again? A sign of hacking or something not worth bothering about?
2-you, having been safely logged into E, find yourself  not logged in and have to get a new password? Is this so a hacker can get into E using my account?

HairyHeretic

I don't use iTunes, so can't comment on the first.

What exactly do you mean by 'have to get a new password' on the second though?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cheka Man

Since I joined E I have allways got in automaticaly until yesterday when I found myself logged out, and my password did not work.I had to get a new one. If my computer has been hacked, would the hacker would be able to get the new password and log in as me?

HairyHeretic

In all honesty I have no idea.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cheka Man

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing,and there is a perfectly normal reason for what happened to my computer.

Vekseid

Quote from: Cheka Man on May 25, 2010, 10:14:07 AM
Since I joined E I have allways got in automaticaly until yesterday when I found myself logged out, and my password did not work.I had to get a new one. If my computer has been hacked, would the hacker would be able to get the new password and log in as me?

Well, you might have dropped the permanent login cookie for whatever reason (newer browsers will be better at this) logging you out. You may also have forgotten and/or mistyped your password, but there's no hacker situation involved there.

iTunes / player stuttering is 'normal' during periods of heavy disk or other i/o activity, which can occur for a number of reasons.

Cheka Man

Thank you for your help. :)

Cheka Man

Another thing...I had 97 e-mails in my computer, no problem there. Then a 98th arrived but nothing showed up in my inbox,and then the *invisible* e-mail opened and vanished and it went back to 97 e-mails again.