Hunger Games

Started by Queen Elsa, June 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Hi guys! I loved The Hunger Games, both the movie and the book, and I've always wanted to write my own version of it, but I need your help. I honestly have no idea about what I want to do for characters, but we can work on that together. All I know is that both of the main characters will be female (Due to a flaw in the lottery system.) Just post on here of you're interested and we'll work out the details together. I need someone reliable who won't just disappear for a whole day or more without telling me. I understand that people get busy, so if you're going to be gone for more than a day, then just shoot me a quick message please. My preferred form of contact is IM, but I'm willing to compromise. Thank you, and have a nice day.

jake one

Well the obvius would be.one like catnis but i think i would go with one more like her old freind  from district 12. Just my  opinion

Queen Elsa

Quote from: jake one on June 09, 2012, 09:29:47 AM
Well the obvius would be.one like catnis but i think i would go with one more like her old freind  from district 12. Just my  opinion

Well, I was more thinking to do brand new characters.

jake one

Well how about you make a charecter who is a reble souldier or something. Use that as a base

Queen Elsa

Quote from: jake one on June 09, 2012, 05:29:39 PM
Well how about you make a charecter who is a reble souldier or something. Use that as a base

The people who participate in the Hunger Games are ages 13-18. I wanted to writes own version.

Akelah

Well, if I am understanding you correctly, I believe the first order of business would be to decide what district they'll be from, their character outlines, families, ect. I would be glad to lend some help if you want it. It sounds interesting.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 06:54:27 PM
Well, if I am understanding you correctly, I believe the first order of business would be to decide what district they'll be from, their character outlines, families, ect. I would be glad to lend some help if you want it. It sounds interesting.

Cool! Pm me?

Akelah

Ah, there is the misfortune. I have not been approved therefore I do not think I am able to. I apologize.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:07:07 PM
Ah, there is the misfortune. I have not been approved therefore I do not think I am able to. I apologize.

Oh. Lol. No worries. We can work on it here.

Akelah

Oh good ^^ I was worried that you wouldn't want to. So, what are your ideas so far on what I suggested should be started on first?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
Oh good ^^ I was worried that you wouldn't want to. So, what are your ideas so far on what I suggested should be started on first?

I think that we should start with which district they'll be from.

Akelah

Sounds good. Okay do you want them to be untrained or trained for the games? (trying to narrow down the district choices)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:32:20 PM
Sounds good. Okay do you want them to be untrained or trained for the games? (trying to narrow down the district choices)

Untrained. I hate the districts that illegally train their tributes.

Akelah

That eliminates districts 1,2, and 4 right off the bat. Hmm... do you have any specific traits you want them to have, talents, trades?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:42:24 PM
That eliminates districts 1,2, and 4 right off the bat. Hmm... do you have any specific traits you want them to have, talents, trades?

I'm thinking either District 9 or 10.

Akelah

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 09, 2012, 07:46:56 PM
I'm thinking either District 9 or 10.

Both are excellent choices as not much is known about them and it gives lots of wiggle room. Besides that, they are both viewed as fairly weak having lost practically in the beginning every time of the hunger games. The tributes from 10 would most likely be hardier, stronger, and more experienced with animals. 9 more adept at identifying plants perhaps; so more than likely good at surviving on the terrain.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:55:57 PM
Both are excellent choices as not much is known about them and it gives lots of wiggle room. Besides that, they are both viewed as fairly weak having lost practically in the beginning every time of the hunger games. The tributes from 10 would most likely be hardier, stronger, and more experienced with animals. 9 more adept at identifying plants perhaps; so more than likely good at surviving on the terrain.

I think 9 would also be a good choice, because we could have it set in the next year of the Hunger Games, and have them determined to win to honor Rue.

Akelah

Ah, I like it  :-). They could also have better agility...good choice. Now. You said two females, correct? Do you want them to be similar to be able to team upeasily or polar opposite to the point they can help and play off each others weakness to be a great team but with problems. There is also the other option of having an in between.

Queen Elsa

Well, first of all, once you get approved, are you going to want to help me write this bad boy? :)

Akelah

As a roleplay or an actual story? (Sorry if I disappear for a while, I'm almost leaving for dinner. But I will be back within two hours if you are still on)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 08:12:10 PM
As a roleplay or an actual story? (Sorry if I disappear for a while, I'm almost leaving for dinner. But I will be back within two hours if you are still on)

Thanks for letting me know. :) And I don't really see the difference between the two.

Akelah

Well I'll try to keep helping as much as I can through it all, because it sounds very interesting. But life throws its' curve balls and I might have to drop it but I don't see that happening. If it ever does though, I'll be sure to message you at least a few days in advance. (That's all if I get accepted, but while I'm not I'll keep helping you)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 08:17:53 PM
Well I'll try to keep helping as much as I can through it all, because it sounds very interesting. But life throws its' curve balls and I might have to drop it but I don't see that happening. If it ever does though, I'll be sure to message you at least a few days in advance. (That's all if I get accepted, but while I'm not I'll keep helping you)

:) Thanks! Same here!

And to answer your question earlier, take what you will from this: I want one to be a shy smart bookworm, whole the other to be an average-intelligent, very physically strong, bold, and brash person.

Akelah

Very good idea, I certainly tend to lean more to those types of relationships when writing. (Sorry I left abruptly.) Okay appearances and names next. In my opinion it would be amusing to give the brash one some sort of endearing feature in her appearance so it becomes a pet peeve to her, takes people off guard for her personality, and altogether adds a few laughs here and there. The shy one could go several ways.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
Very good idea, I certainly tend to lean more to those types of relationships when writing. (Sorry I left abruptly.) Okay appearances and names next. In my opinion it would be amusing to give the brash one some sort of endearing feature in her appearance so it becomes a pet peeve to her, takes people off guard for her personality, and altogether adds a few laughs here and there. The shy one could go several ways.

Can you explain what you mean about the brash one more in depth please? I don't quite understand, to be completely honest.

Akelah

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant that while fabricating the characters I would suggest making the Brash one have some sort of endearing feature... like a baby face, or wide innocent eyes or a small height or a slender form that make people think her not very intimidating. Though there can be several other ways you can take her appearance if you'd like because it was only a suggestion. I hope I didn't confuse you more-so.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:03:33 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant that while fabricating the characters I would suggest making the Brash one have some sort of endearing feature... like a baby face, or wide innocent eyes or a small height or a slender form that make people think her not very intimidating. Though there can be several other ways you can take her appearance if you'd like because it was only a suggestion. I hope I didn't confuse you more-so.

No, no. That was very helpful thank you. I like the idea of wide innocent eyes and a slender figure.

Akelah

Okay..wide eyes and slender build, check. Any ideas on the shy one?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:09:58 PM
Okay..wide eyes and slender build, check. Any ideas on the shy one?

I think she should have a beautiful face and body, but be kind of downy, as in not emphasizing any part of her beauty.

Akelah

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 09, 2012, 10:12:57 PM
I think she should have a beautiful face and body, but be kind of downy, as in not emphasizing any part of her beauty.

Agreed. Next is height for both of them, hair color, and eye color. I think they should have at least one common feature that is completely different. (like they both have brown hair but one has more gold and the other darker and more red. ect. ect.)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:17:52 PM
Agreed. Next is height for both of them, hair color, and eye color. I think they should have at least one common feature that is completely different. (like they both have brown hair but one has more gold and the other darker and more red. ect. ect.)

I think it should be their eyes. The shy one should have blue eyes with little gold flecks in them. I'm not so sure about the other one.

Akelah

Ice blue with silver?

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Alright. Brown hair is a good neutral hair color to blend in, and a lot of people had it in the games. Or do you want one of them to have unusual hair color? Perhaps the shy one?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:28:44 PM
Alright. Brown hair is a good neutral hair color to blend in, and a lot of people had it in the games. Or do you want one of them to have unusual hair color? Perhaps the shy one?

I think the shy one should be "classically pretty." You know, blond hair, blue eyes. THat sort of thing.

Akelah

Seems we're on the same page. I was going to suggest blonde ^^. Okay I say a deep brown for the Brash one with a hint of red.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:34:47 PM
Seems we're on the same page. I was going to suggest blonde ^^. Okay I say a deep brown for the Brash one with a hint of red.

I was thinking like a hint of light blue. Red reminds me of anger. Light blue is more innocent.

Akelah

Touche. Blue it is :). Name time. I really have no clue for this one, we  should probably stick to ones that are sort of eccentric, as most of the names in the Hunger Games were.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:41:43 PM
Touche. Blue it is :). Name time. I really have no clue for this one, we  should probably stick to ones that are sort of eccentric, as most of the names in the Hunger Games were.

How about Tally for the brash one? Tally was the main character in the Uglies stories.

Akelah

Name approved. Hahah. It's a good name for her and I always think of a cat whenever that name comes up and cats can be oh-so very feisty; it suits her perfectly.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:53:27 PM
Name approved. Hahah. It's a good name for her and I always think of a cat whenever that name comes up and cats can be oh-so very feisty; it suits her perfectly.

^_^ And I was thinking Aya for the shy one.

Akelah

Double approved, you're just brilliant at selecting names that suit the characters. Now, onto the family matter. Do you want them both to have some sort of families? Oh and what was the flaw in the system that allowed them to both be chosen you posted about?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 11:00:53 PM
Double approved, you're just brilliant at selecting names that suit the characters. Now, onto the family matter. Do you want them both to have some sort of families? Oh and what was the flaw in the system that allowed them to both be chosen you posted about?

I was thinking that someone doing the lottery just simply made a mistake by putting a girl's name in the bowl for boys, and their district just tried to play it off as a new tradition. The Capitol went along with it because they thought it would be entertaining to switch it up.

Akelah

Sounds good. gives the element of distress to the story for the family members of the one chosen by mistake and points out how cruel the capitol is and how they really are just interested in entertaining themselves.

Queen Elsa

And also, it shows how the Capitol is willing to bend the rules of the Treaty, just for their own entertainment purposes.

Akelah

Yes, that as well. Let's see... leaves a whole bunch of other stuff.

• Other Characters
  • In Depth Personality
  • Layout for the arena
  • Obsticles in the arena
  • Costumes
  • Character abilities/talents
And those are only some of them. Which would you like to work with first?

Queen Elsa

Haha, holy penguin-monkeys, that's a lot. What did we get ourselves into?! :3

Akelah

I haven't a single clue  ;D but I think we can achieve it....hopefully hahah.

Queen Elsa

Haha. Let's work on character abilities/talents next.

Akelah

Right. As Tally is more physical in ways and Aya mental I assume that Aya will be the strategist and Tally the one of action.  That is all well, and such but they need something that stands out. Catches the eye of the judges. Like Peta with his strength and camouflage and Katniss with her aim. And they have to be relevant in their life, again Peta-baking(cake decorating)-art-camouflage, Katniss-hunter-bow and arrow. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Queen Elsa

Yeah, I get it. Ummmm... I have no idea about shy girl. Can I get a little help?

Akelah

But of course! Aya is more intellectual and not very physical which means she most likely does not work out in the fields where Roo did, and where Tally will most likely work. She is more suited for the factories perhaps? Factories mean she would probably have to know how to fix things... fixing things means inventing... ah! Could she possibly be a trap maker? It appeals to her logical side and she could be an extreme at what she does; having her make them swiftly and out of almost practically anything.

Queen Elsa

Wow! You're good at this! :)

Sorry about this, but my inner grammar/spelling nazi is taking over, so please forgive me. It's spelled Rue. Not Roo.

Akelah

Haha it's fine, thank you actually. I was hopping between posts and didn't stop to think of it, I just inserted a shortened version of Kangaroo and posted. Thanks for the compliment but it's really just habit. I work on stories of my own all of the time for the past..I believe four years would be accurate so I usually have to go through things systematically no matter how much a I hate it or else the plot gets horribly tangled when snags I hadn't thought about come up.

Queen Elsa

:O I've been writing for that same amount of time!

Akelah

Really? What do you right, if I may ask?

Queen Elsa

Romance stories. You?

Akelah

I specialize in horror but I have been adding in some romance lately. Supernatural and paranormal along with (recently) fanfiction are also some of the genre's I've written.

Queen Elsa

Wow. That's a lot of variety.

Akelah

Yeah, I tend to jump around a bit. Back to the topic (we're becoming wanderers  :-) ) What do you think?

Queen Elsa

I love it. That's a perfect idea.

Akelah

Okay, what do you think Tally's ability/talent should be?

Queen Elsa

Ummm.... She could be extremely agile. Like, almost a blur when she runs.

Akelah

Speed it is. Now... do you want to work on depth in character...or other characters?? Oh and I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere along the line, but is this going to have an entirely new cast including the capital, make-up artists, judges, tributes, ect.?

Queen Elsa

Brain hurts... Lol. I have no idea. Let's work on something simple for now. It's 1:36 AM here, so I can't think too much in depth.

Akelah

Hahah, yes, it's sort of getting late. Might turn in pretty soon. You pick a topic, I'm all topic-ed out.

Queen Elsa

I think we should just turn in for the night. I'm topic-ed out too.

Akelah

Alright, Night Naru!

Queen Elsa

Night Akel! See you tomorrow! :)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 11:20:45 PM

• Other Characters
  • In Depth Personality
  • Layout for the arena
  • Obsticles in the arena
  • Costumes[/]

Ok, so this is only some of the stuff that we have to work on. What would you like to do first?

Akelah

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 10, 2012, 11:19:35 AM
Ok, so this is only some of the stuff that we have to work on. What would you like to do first?

Well, if you want to take a brake from the characters we can work on something that has to do with the arena. Then again it would be better to have in depth characterization so we could come up with some arena challenges for them. Hmm...what about costumes? That seems like a rather light subject to start today's work with.

Akelah

I apologize...My grammar is as bad as yesterday it seems. No more multitasking for me

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 10, 2012, 01:22:07 PM
I apologize...My grammar is as bad as yesterday it seems. No more multitasking for me

Lol. As long as you aren't spelling names wrong or using words like "ain't" or "irregardless" it's fine with me.

And I agree, the costumes would be a great springboard.

Akelah

Thank you for tolerating my mistakes; and if I ever start using such words out of laziness feel free to slap me. Right. The district 9 in the movie were dressed in overalls and silver wheat halos encircling there head. It's practical but it would be better to come up with something more clever.

Queen Elsa

Agreed. We need something flashier and more spectacular, to boost their popularity with the audience, because their popularity could be either really low because they're the ood ones out, or it could be really high because of that fact.

Akelah

We could have something to do with dessert or bakery and have it be really cutesie. Aya would probably be okay with it and  Tally would absolutely hate it. There could be artificial sparkles that come off it. But I'm not sure how to do something that portrays them as strong. Sorry.

Queen Elsa

No, that's perfect! Except we would have to make it have something to do with agriculture, as that os what District 9 is centered around. It doesn't have to make them look strong. In fact, it would lead the other tributes to believe that they are weak, and therefore, not worthy to pay attention to.

Akelah

We could do a sort of 'Adam and Eve' sort of thing without the Adam of course. Glitter could still be used with dramatic makeup. And we can change the leaves to gold leaves to represent wheat still. I can write up a description if you want if I cannot find a picture.

Akelah

Oh, and I'm not saying one or two leaves covering them, I was thinking peculiar dresses and crowns of it woven threw their hair and maybe some over their arms, or perhaps painted on the skin of their arms.

Queen Elsa

That sounds perfect. :)

Akelah

Are pictures allowed to be posted here. And if so, as a URL or directly posted?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 10, 2012, 02:06:11 PM
Are pictures allowed to be posted here. And if so, as a URL or directly posted?

I think both, as long as they're appropriate.

Akelah

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Here's some make-up I found, I believe the last one would suit Aya best if we were to use it at all. Still working on finding the dresses. Please look through these and decide which ones you like.

Queen Elsa

It won't show the third one, but from what I can see, I agree with you about the last one.

Akelah

For some reason the picture will not show. I am sorry. What do you think for Tally?

Queen Elsa

I think the first one would suit Tally very well.

Akelah

The dresses are a bit difficult, this is the first one I found semi-suitable. Imagine leaves replacing the awkward geometric shapes.
Or maybe this (replace with leaves again)
And this one, with leaves as well (on the right)

Keep in mind none of these are the right color. Whatever color we choose.

Queen Elsa

Personally, I like the second one the best.

Akelah

Hahah that was the favorite of mine.

Queen Elsa

^_^ And what about the costume for the interview?

Akelah

I haven't any clue. Are we keeping the theme or changing it?

Queen Elsa

I think that since the theme was leaves originally, I think we should make it flowers for the interview.

Akelah

Okay here's a few to look over the second and third are the same. I'm going to be unable to respond for a few hours. If I come on sooner. I'll post again.

Queen Elsa

Personally, I like the third one for Tally, and the sixth one for Aya. But I'm thinking we should switch the interview dress with the other one, because these seem way more out there.

Akelah

Maybe, we just need to decide which one we need more intimidation and which one we need more beauty. I agree with your dress choices

Queen Elsa

I'm thinking we need to make Aya more beautiful, and Tally more intimadating. We should be emphasizing their physical aspects that they already have, not forcing new ones.

Akelah

No, no. I get that. I mean like separate events. In the Hunger games the chariots were used to show off intimidation and strength and the interview was used to make them see amiable and get sponsors. We don't have to alter their appearance at all. Aya - beauty, Tally- intimidation. The first dress we went through was more intimidating than the flower dress but the flower dresses were unique. I'm fine with either costumes used wherever it's your choice I was just pointing out the aspects you may want to consider.

Queen Elsa

I'm realy confused. Lol. Help me?

Akelah

Hahaha never mind, I might have messed that up as well as I'm rewriting Alice in Wonderland as a prompt at the same time.So what were you saying about the costumes?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 10, 2012, 05:53:04 PM
Personally, I like the third one for Tally, and the sixth one for Aya. But I'm thinking we should switch the interview dress with the other one, because these seem way more out there.

Akelah

Okay so the flower dresses for the interview?

Queen Elsa

No, the leaf dresses for the interview. Remember? We were talking about the chariots first.

Akelah

I'm so sorry! That was a really big misread. Yeah got it. Okay are we having them wear shoes with the Eve dresses or not?

Queen Elsa

Hmmmm... I would say no. It fits with the whole theme.

Akelah

Got it. Okay want to work on the arena, the other characters or in depth?

Queen Elsa

Let's try in depth. See how that goes.

Akelah

Here's a basic Layout:
Character Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Physical build:
Scars:
Personality:
Beliefs:
Most important memory:
Closest relation:
Habits:

There might be more but let's work with this for now... We already have most of the physical appearance out. So now to fill in the rest. Who are there closest relations?

Queen Elsa

Tally: Father. He taught we to fight, and is responsible for her physical strength.

I dunno. That kinda popped into my head. What do you think?

Akelah

Love it : ) and I think for Ally it should be her grandmother. Providing her with love of books, modesty, politeness and gentleness.

Queen Elsa

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you! You're brilliant! :)

Akelah

Hahah don't worry I don't take stuff like that wrong unless...well, circumstances have to be presented. Anyways. Glad you like it. Okay I think Aya should only have her grandma ...let's see... lost her mom and little brother to a severe sickness (keep in mind these are random ideas, feel free to deny them and/or add things to them) and dad...well you choose what happened there.

Queen Elsa

I thin dad and sister to a severe sickness, and mother because she was trying to rebel against the Capitol.

Akelah

Okay sounds good. But maybe we should keep it hidden and kind of have it hinted at by the grandma and then she finds evidence with people in the capital and her mothers diary??

Queen Elsa

*Laughs and hugs you* Lookit you! Being all brilliant! Coming up with amazing ideas!

Akelah

*scratches  back of head* hahah thanks  :D I just thought it would be good for her character development and push her into defying the capitol.

Queen Elsa

Now what about Tally's family? Should it be a normal family? I'm thinking it might increase the tension between the two girls.

Akelah

Good idea. Yes, I think she should have a normal family but have a bitterness between them so she 'takes her family for granted' in Aya's eyes and is also a spoiled brat to her.

Queen Elsa

^_^ Also, with Aya's grandmother, we could make her be in her 90s, so she could have been in her teens when the war was going on. So she could tell stories to Aya.

Akelah

Great added detail! Now I think that Aya should be better off financially because of her factory job which creates another tension between them because they didn't accept Tally in the factories

Queen Elsa

Eh... I mean, a job in the factory won't really pay much more. Remember, all districts other than 1-4 are poor as dirt pretty much.

Akelah

Uh. Sorry. I don't know what could make her better off then. Hey I might abruptly leave because I have to do something, but I'll be back in like an hour if that happens. Not sure when it's going to happen just soon.

Queen Elsa

She could make Objects for people, and sell them. Like a toaster from scratch or something.

And lol. By the time you get back, I'll be asleep.

Akelah

Excellent idea. Oh well that works out peculiarly. When I leave if I don't have time to say it: Night Naru!

Anyways, onto other things. I think they both should be loners, but different types. Like Tally because she's hostile and awkward around others and Aya because she prefers books to human contact, is naturally quiet and her level of genius separates her from people.

Queen Elsa

Same here: Night Akel!

And I totally agree with you. That's perfect.

Now, what about their beliefs?

Akelah

Well towards the Capitol Tally should have natural dislike for the authority and I guess Aya should have a reluctant intellectual outlook that they weren't so bad. Until she learns about her mother.

Queen Elsa

With Aya, I think that she should more intellectually see that they weren't so bad before the Hunger Games. But I think she should realize that they're like a tyranny now. But I also don't think she should like or hate them. She should be neutral, until she learns about her mother.

Akelah

Night Naru

Yeah, that's sort of what I was going for ^^

Queen Elsa

^_^ Night Akel.

I think that tomorrow we should work on habits.

Akelah

Habits it is. Shall we start on physical habits or situational habits or...?

Queen Elsa

Give me an example of physical habits.

Akelah

Hahah let me clarify them all then

Physical--always cross legs. Wears hair in a ponytail at all times when given a choice (something to do with their body)

situational---fidgeting when nervous or something of the like

and I don't know what to call this one but it's where someone has a certain place they go or sit

Queen Elsa

Ummmm... A safe haven?

Akelah

Sort of...So what do you think? I think the Fields should be part of Tallys

Queen Elsa

Agreed. And for Aya, I think one of the habitats filled with cliffs that have metal materials within them.

Akelah

Sounds good. Oh and who's the taller of the two?

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Okay so what's their nervous habits? It could be that Aya starts working on something when she gets nervous or fiddles with one of her smaller creations. Tally obviously would get defensive in some cases but should there be anything else?

Queen Elsa

I think that Tally should bite her nails.

Akelah

*Grins* Perfect! It adds to the tomboy affect and manages to make a pet peeve with the make-up artists and perhaps Aya

Queen Elsa

That's exactly what I was thinking! Aya could call it a dirty disgusting habit. Now... Are we going to add the element of romance?

Akelah

Uh, that's up to you, now the question remains, in the arena? Or in the district? I think it would be fun to have one of them have a romance in the arena and one with someone from the capitol. What about you?

Queen Elsa

I was thinking more with each other. That way, we could add the tragedy of their deaths. Honestly, I was thinking that Tally would be the one who would die. Because Aya has already lost someone she loved to the Capitol. And Tally's death could be the final straw to push her to rebel against the Capitol.

Akelah

Sure I guess.. sounds good.

Queen Elsa

You don't sound too sure... If you don't like it, we don't have to do it.

Akelah

No, no. It's fine I've just never written a girlxgirl story so you're going to have to do a lot of the romance.

Queen Elsa

Hehehehe... Can do. ;)

Akelah

I'm sure you can hahah. So who's going to be their 'mentor'?

Queen Elsa

Good question. Maybe we make the person all emo/goth because of their experiences?

Akelah

I like it! Hmm...how about we add a weapons obsession in there to? Could be interesting and make them volatile. I still think we should keep it a guy though.

Queen Elsa

Agreed. I like the weapons obsessions thing. Maybe her could carry around a mini kunai knife that he spins around on his finger.

Akelah

I was just thinking the same. xD I should've been able to tell by your name. Gaara's my favorite character in Naruto ^^

Queen Elsa

Gaara's pretty cool, but Hinata's the best in my opinion.

Akelah

Hahahah to each his own. I don't know why I like him so much but he's my favorite :P. Anyways, I think kunai is a wonderful idea

Queen Elsa

^_^ For his name, I was thinking Peris, Croy, or Fausto.

Akelah

I, personally, like Peris.

Queen Elsa

I agree. I mean, it's more of a soft, innocent name, but it could represent who he was before the Hunger Games.

Akelah

Exactly! *smirks* And there is the possibility that Tally would most likely make fun of him for it. It's a win win situation. Now, character sheet for him. We have already got some of his personality down and his habits. I'm thinking tall and lean for his build what color hair do you think?

Queen Elsa

Black. He's supposed to be emo.

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Makes sense. Green, violet or amber (amber ranges from red to gold) eyes?

Queen Elsa

Akelah

This is what we have for him so far, then:
Name: Peris:
Habit: Kunai
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
Closest person: None
Clothes:
We need an outfit for him. Your opinion? I'll try to find a photo

Queen Elsa

Hold on. I may have something.

Akelah

Hey, Naru I'll be back in an hour or so. Sorry for the abruptness. Dasvedanya

Queen Elsa

Oooooh... Dasveydanya... I'm impressed. :)

Akelah

;D Don't be, languages and cultures are one of my pashions so I tend to throw in some stuff every now and then. Did you find a picture for him?

Queen Elsa

Two. But I'm on my IPod, so I can't upload them.

Akelah

That's fine. At least we have some--- I'm sort of tired of sifting the internet :P hahah---okay, what's next... Ooh make-up team

Queen Elsa

Would you mind if we did something other than the characters? Or at least if we did some more in depth/heavy stuff?

Akelah

Not at all ^^. If you ever feel the need to change topics just suggest another because I'm not very picky. What would you like to work on?

Akelah

I just got approved!!!!!! YES! ;D ;D ;D...ahem...sorry...had a moment

Queen Elsa

*Squeals and hugs you* CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Akelah

*jumps and down hugging you back* I'm so excited! I was so worried that I wouldn't be accepted for some reason! I even had a stupid dream about getting banned >.>

Queen Elsa

Rotfl. Wanna know why you got approved so quickly?

Akelah

I don't know...is it bad?....yes, I want to know I'm just too damn curious for my own good.

Queen Elsa

For the most part, it's because of this discussion we're having. They have it posted somewhere that they won't even consider someone who has posted under 50 times.

Akelah

Hahahah! Thank you so much then! I have over 149...now 150 posts~!

Queen Elsa

Star Safyre

I apologize for butting into the discussion, ladies, but that's not entirely true.  Actually, Naruhinagirl, there is no posting minimal for approval.  All the requirements for approval are found here.  I realize it's a bit of a moot point since Akelah has been approved, but I wouldn't want someone to stumble upon the thread and be misinformed.  Congrats, Akelah, and happy plotting, ladies!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Akelah

Quote from: Star Safyre on June 11, 2012, 06:30:25 PM
I apologize for butting into the discussion, ladies, but that's not entirely true.  Actually, Naruhinagirl, there is no posting minimal for approval.  All the requirements for approval are found here.  I realize it's a bit of a moot point since Akelah has been approved, but I wouldn't want someone to stumble upon the thread and be misinformed.  Congrats, Akelah, and happy plotting, ladies!

Well thanks Star, and double thanks for the congrats and help message you sent me, I really appreciate that ><

Star Safyre

Any time, Akelah.  Just let your mentor team know if you've any questions or concerns.  :-)  Unfortunately for my lurking habit, I guess you ladies could take your discussion to PMs now, if you like.  Happy writing to you both!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Queen Elsa

Hm. Well, this is embarrassing. I must have misread that.

Queen Elsa

Sorry about that Akel.

Akelah

No problem Naru everyone is liable to make mistakes

Queen Elsa

:) Now, what were we talking about?

Akelah

What to talk about next xD

Queen Elsa

Lol. I kind of want to go even deeper with the characters we have.

Akelah

Okay ^^ oh, and if you didn't know already some one think we're fabricating a great story!

Queen Elsa

Yup! She sent me a message! This is gonna be so awesome!

Akelah

Hahahah of course :D

Queen Elsa

Alright. So who should we work on first? How about Aya's mother?

Akelah

Agreed. Wait, she died yes? So like a back story for her?

Queen Elsa

Akelah

What causes her rebellion?

Queen Elsa

Partly the stories from the grandmother, partly because she's sickened by the poverty that the Capitol keeps them in, partly because she sees how horrible and disturbing the Hunger Games are.

Akelah

Simple enough. Okay,  we need to plan out who she meets in the capitol so Aya can have run ins with a few. Then we need to layout a basic plot outline. Oh and maybe some heirlooms she left behind like a locket or something.

Queen Elsa

You mean run-ins with people who knew her?

Oh, and who is going to have which character?

I was kind of hoping to have Aya, if you wouldn't mind. :3

Akelah

That's fine :D I was sort of hoping for Tally :P

Queen Elsa

Yay! ^_^ Ok, so should we have her run into officials? And how will we go about this? We can't just have the officials be like "Oh, hey! You look like that woman that we killed!" Lol.

Akelah

Well one of them will witness her in an embarrassing situation and slowly link her to 'That woman'  while being rude and condescending to Aya

Queen Elsa

Good point. What sort of embarrassing situation?

Akelah

Uh, it could vary widely, it should be while she's in the capitol though of course. Any ideas? From falling. To spilling something. To making a mess of the weapons.

Queen Elsa

I think it should be something more along the lines of how she messed something up during her rebellion.

Akelah

One second. I think we're talking about different people here. Who are you talking about?

Queen Elsa

No, we're talking about the same people. I just worded it funny.

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 11, 2012, 08:03:12 PM
I think it should be something more along the lines of how she messed something up during her rebellion.

I meant, I think the embarrassing situation that Aya has should be similiar to a way that her mother messed up the rebellion.

Akelah

That works well, what should it be?

Queen Elsa

XD I have no idea...

Akelah

Hahahaha seems we're in a bit of a predicament then because I'm so hungry my thoughts are struggling to be on anything but something edible xD

Queen Elsa

*My eyes widen* That's it!!!!

Akelah

*Blinks up at you in a crumpled heap of hunger* eh? What?

Queen Elsa

Dude! What's the one thing that the people in the districts are deprived of on large scales?! *Offers a juicy hamburger to you*

Akelah

Queen Elsa

And what's the one thing that could stop a starving woman leading a rebellion, and embarrass a starving girl attacking food in a restaurant?

Akelah

If food isn't the answer I have not a single clue >.>

Queen Elsa

Rotfl. Yes. It's food.

Akelah

*waves flag from where I'm sprawled on the ground* Yay~! God now I'm craving a hamburger you horrible horrible person Dx

Queen Elsa

Oh, go eat you crazy person! :)

Akelah

:'( but I can't! I have to wait another fifteen minutes to leave and another fifteen minutes to get there and hopefully it's not a long wait. I haven't eaten in seven hours. I'm seeing floating Asian food!

Queen Elsa

:/ You should eat more. You're gonna make me worry about you.

Akelah

^^ don't worry I eat a lot most of the time.

Queen Elsa

Just don't make me worry, ok? You're a cool person.

Akelah

oh yay! Food time. I'll be back on in a few hours. Ciao!

Queen Elsa

I may be asleep by then. Just so you know.

Akelah

NARUHINA! ^^ Hi. Sorry I got off so early yesterday :P

Queen Elsa

No worries, my awesome writing partner!

Akelah

Hahahahaha okay let's get to work. Oh and heyyy *arches eyebrow* you didn't say you had a master. Ooh la la :P

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Lmao never mind that.. what did you want to work on today?

Queen Elsa

Did we agree on the food thing yesterday?

Akelah

You mean between my lovely performances of rolling around on the floor? xD yes, yes we did.

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Yup ^^ so arena building?? or something else?

Queen Elsa

Agh, I keep procrastinating that... I can't seem to get motivated to do that. :/

Akelah

Lol me too. And I've been trying to get things arranged for this site at the same time while keeping up with another on another window ><. So what then??

Queen Elsa

Maybe we could start the story with what we have?? I dunno, I kinda want to switch to IM, just because it's a lot easier for me to navigate, as I don't have a laptop or computer. And we could just post the story chapter by chapter on her for our loyal readers. :)

Akelah

Queen Elsa

Ok. So what IMs do you have?

Akelah

Msn, aol, and I could probably get my yahoo working...

Queen Elsa

Yahoo works for me.

Akelah

Sent you my address

Akelah

You up to working on this today?

Queen Elsa

Yeah. You can just IM me you know. I have an app on my IPod.