[EX] Black Rose (Interest Check & OOC Thread)

Started by Kalab, February 18, 2010, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

What if the initiation to the acts were to be posted in the main thread, and then a seperate thread made for the actual content, with a link posted in the initiation post afterwards. That way people could look at it if they so wished, but it wont interups the game.

Selene

That might work actually. That might work really well. That way it could last for any period of time, but wouldn't interrupt, but was still included.

great idea *happy claps*

Malgriff

Thank you ^^ Im having a really focused day today hehe. and if characters do it more than once it could be done as a time skip in their own private thread.

Selene

Exactly!! I'm loving the productivity! I back this idea completely....please pretty please can we do this?

Kalab

I have to agree with both of you. This idea solves the problem of keeping the flow of the story and not hurrying any sexual relations between characters. That's how we'll do it then, it seems like a perfect solution. I think the sub threads should start with Black Rose.

Example:
Black Rose: Character names

Sound ok?
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Nim

I think this is a workable compromise.  The encounters would still have to be timed so that the coincide with the beginning of new mission sequences although quite honestly even still those off having their own fun would have to be notified by command center or Cole that they were needed whether it be by a phone call or more likely an alert signal from a piece of equipment on their suits.  Ok I got that tangent out of my hair now I'm ready to play along nice nice... lol.  I like the idea of staring the threads with:
Black Rose:  (Character names) time alone.

Selene

Ah, I'm glad this has worked out...I'm excited now.

Nim raises a point about being called back to base. Are all the suit linked by some radio or device? I would suggest we veer from a radio device as that would be easy to hack into and track. Maybe an integral tracking device which also acts as an alert like Nim said. It could also incorporate a distress signal, incase any of us get ambushed or stuck in some trouble. Not that that is very likel, we all seem quite capable of kicking any zombie ass if need be....

Ahem...got a leelte side tracked, but never mind.

Nim

LOL... that is quite alright Selene I think we all tend to get a little carried away at times when it comes to kicking ass and taking names... particularly the kickin ass part!

Selene

Glad we see eye to eye on that point. It's easily turing into one of my favourite past times :)

Kalab

Though the characters time together may not be finished in the sub thread it can be finished in the main story thread. That's part of the reason for the sub thread is so any 'alone time' doesn't have to be rushed. They could actully post in both threads if done with some imagination. The same points brought up by Akumamika and Selene.
As for radio vs alert/tracking device, I would think that either of these devices could probably be hacked in one way or another so I imagine we could actually have both. Radio for communication and a trcking device for finding captured or unconcious Agents.

Great ideas everybody!
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

I was thinking of having something big or either a group of new mutations besides zombies attack the semi while it's setting outside the city limits or as it's pulling into town. Something that can do some damage and is not too easy to kill. Any ideas?
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

How bout a thresher maw like from Mass Effect ;) It can be some kind of mutated worm lol. I dunno it's something big and hard to kill and it was the first thing that came to my mind! *shrugs*

Malgriff

I need to play more video games, I have no idea about any of these things. What if a pile of corpses just merged into a grotesque bug looking thing?

Demik

Ooo that would work too. Like I said it was just the first thing that popped into my head, Nim's too. Thresher maws are wicked critters. They pop out of the ground in big open areas when you're driving around and you just gotta hope they don't pop out under you cause you die instantly. You can't get close because they use those giant claws to smack you and you die instantly... They also spit acid... which thankfully doesn't kill you instantly but rather quickly if you don't keep moving. The zombies can converge to make the big bug creature or just some other golum-like thing. Or they could just be attacked by a pack of these things....

They're about 8 or 9 feet tall and can rip through a tank in a few swings of those claws... their hide would also be hard to penetrate too.

Malgriff

Demik

Whoops... I didn't realize that picture was so big....

Malgriff

Kalab

Those are good ideas. The golem could maybe be something we find at or in the facility when we get there.  I like the worm too, especially the aspect of a burrower, especially out in the dessert. Maybe some other type of burrowing creature that has claws as well as teeth.

BTW: I googled a map of south california and found a spot for the facility between China Lake Naval weapons Center and Death Valley. Haven't decided which town we're in yet. It depends about how far away from the facility we want to be. Found one named Lone Pines and it would be about a 75 mile drive with about 4 or 5 other towns and cities to pass through. I mapped out a route from there just in case we decide that's cool.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

Well Aku just imagine about 10 of those guys coming at you and that could be what happens... hehehe... It could be the Black Rose's way of giving one or two of the agents a grisly death. Not our main ones but the others that are kinda npcs right now... Too early for any of our main ones to die. Oh and that picture wasn't for the golum those would be a different mutation. Though I guess that could be... whatever works ;D

PaleEnchantress

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kalab

I'm writing this to let everyone know I will be moving on from this thread. I had already been considering it because it has basically turned into the Love Boat which was never my intention for the thread. Then after spending close to a couple hours on a post to read that my actions had been decided for me and my efforts had been for nothing just sort of made my descision for me. So you guys have fun with it.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Nim

cajundave
I am very sorry that I over stepped my bounds in bringing cole and ash into min's house.  Believe me it was never my intentions to step on any ones toes and i am truly sorry for doing so.  But to take it out on everyone else that has worked hard on this story is quite unfair.  I can easily edit my posts with no problems at all.  As for this love boat thing your talking about nothing was ever said about there not being any relationships.  Unless I miss read something on that point somewhere along the way.  But like I said.  I truly am sorry for stepping out of bounds.  If anyone had to leave in that situation it should be the writer that caused the problem not the author of the original story.  I don't know about anyone else on how they feel on the subject but I for one do not think it would be The Black Rose without You/Cole.  It would truly be a shame to see a story come to an end over a mistake on my part.  So let us know if you change your mind about leaving the story that is yours to begin with.  I'll be more than happy to fix my mistakes. 

Thank you for your time in reading this note.

Hopefully still your friend
~Nim~

Kalab

First of all, of course I still consider you my friend Nim. This is just a story and I wouldn't end a friendship over some weak shit like that.
I realize that I haven't been able to post as much as I should but I was hoping this story would be more action and fast paced. I am not trying to discourage relationships but that's not what this story is really about and they seem to be dominating the story. If someone wants to hook up with someone else then take a couple posts to set it up then make yourselves a thread and take it there. I wasn't looking to do a sweet romantic story that's sort of what the mutating zombie virus was for so that the threat would increase as the story progresses.
Don't worry about changing your post Nim, I'll take care of it with my next post. BTW, Cole wouldn't jump anywhere that he could easily teleport to and he can move along pretty quickly using multiple jumps. Just for future reference.
I don't mean to come across harshly but I tend to be blunt at times. I am just not looking to do a nice sweet type of RP and I am still willing to move on and give you guys the story if you are wanting this type of story. I appreciate the compliment Nim, but I hardly think my leaving could kill any group story. I'm sure things would go just fine without me.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Nim

Yay its back on!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooot!!!!!!!  Yeah  I know cole wouldn't jump... I just got carried away.  But I am glad you decided to come back.  I do think your wrong about one thing.  It definitely would not have been the same without you. 

Kalab

Thanks Nim. Though I doubt I could kill any story cept a solo, maybe, I do appreciate the compliment. It seems you may have been the only one concerned.
[imgwidth=500][/img]