Join the KWHY News Team Today! (Still Recruiting for staff positions)

Started by Blinkin, January 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

That seems a good age from what I've seen of other characters.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Sweet!  I'll get everything together in the morning... when I am less tipsy *Winks*

Edit: Or maybe I will tonight!  Love to see what your straight laced character would be like when you can! *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

kckolbe

Well, since you asked nicely...

Played By: kckolbe
Name: Richard Messner
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Position Applying For: Traffic reporting
Personality: Very uncomfortable in groups or in the spotlight, yet fascinated with the idea of being on TV.  Even though part of him knows he should do something more suited to him, like research, he buys into the idea of following his dreams, even though doing so makes him incredibly uncomfortable.  When not a nervous wreck from work, he is always on the look out for new ways to relieve stress or at least distract him.  He's affable, though awkward sometimes and often ends up a fifth wheel.
Physical Description: He is tall, which is good for news, with a slender frame, clearly having been more of a bookish type through school.  He burns most of his calories through nervous energy.  He has a kind face, and generally appears younger than he is.
Image:
History: There is very little to Richard's past.  He excelled in journalism in high school, having been a chief editor for the school paper.  He got accepted to college on a journalism scholarship, and did well there as well, again working mainly with periodicals.  Even once he started broadcasting classes he seemed on track to succeed since upperclassmen did the broadcasts.  It wasn't until his senior year that the anxiety set in.  It hadn't even been his first mock broadcast, but for some reason one of his mock broadcasts triggered a wave of nervousness, which caused him to stutter, which made him more nervous, which caused more stutters and pauses, which...yeah.  Still, he passed the class, scoring well enough, and has been doing small jobs in the media since, mainly researching topics.
Quirk(s): Has a bit of a stutter and general nervousness when on the spot. 
Character On’s/Off’s: He is not as dominant, possibly not at all.  He loves close contact.  His offs are as mine.
Players On’s/Off’s: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=39307.0
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Well, as the creator of the concept, I might like to have some comment here.

Something of note is that we already have someone talking about an anchor character who's straight laced and professional looking. his issues don't have anything to do with being on aire, but is off-stage and internal, I really don't want two of them. The idea was that characters would have something that made them undesirable for TV. A drinking issue isn't going to be enough.

A couple of examples of characters offered so far are

An english sports reporter who only wants to report on english sports as they are the only real sports
A weather woman who keeps slipping into comments about who's hot, what's not and so on
A roaming reporter who is an exhibionist and another who gets diverted in her reports by mundane things going on such as, being at a big fire and getting side-tracked by kids playing dodgebal, or a couple of crows in the trees.
And, a court reporter who's anti-establishment and keeps getting tossed out of the court room.

I think that a character is going to have to have something a little more obvious.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Blinkin, you forget "Traffic reporter with anxiety issues."  ~shakes head~

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Ah, I apologize. Didn't mean to forget the camera shy traffic reporter.

Yes, we also have a traffic guy who's camera shy. He may even go so far as to wear a paper bag over his head to help his shiness. ;) We'll call him The Unknown Traffic Guy. ;)

Or, someoen will just have to crawl up under the camera and pinch him hard to et him to start talking... even if most of it is "Bleeeeeeeeepppppppp!"

All of this is assuming, of course, if they put in a character bio.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

The bio was the post directly above yours, which is why I gave you shit for it.  He's not that bad, by the way.

Intro Thread

Blinkin

My apologies again, once in a while, a post gets dropped in just as I hit the reply and I miss it.

I was teasing a bit about the character, As someone with a pronounced stutter, I sympathize with him and is the only reason why I didn't go into the field myself. I've been told many times that the three careers that I should of chosen from were law, improvisional comedy and radio. Law because of my mindset and analtical personality, comedy because if you give me anything at all, I can keep you laughing for a solid hour and radio because I have a great speaking voice... when I'm not stuttering, which rules out the last two.

Oddly, I do not stutter when I do accents. I do a very good irish, russian and the romantics in general, but for the impatient, I drive them nuts trying to speak.

Why am I sharing? I have no earthly idea.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Well, Blinkin, the stutter problem is more common than you think among entertainers.  I used to do stand up and spend a lot of time learning about it.  Almost all comics have some form of performance issue (innuendo not intended).  Rowan Atkinson has a significant stutter, which is why he is known for accentuating certain sounds.  Samuel L Jackson also has a stutter, and saying "motherfucker" not only works, since that word doesn't have any "problem sounds" but also centers him.

Also, a lot of comics (and I was in this category) develop a second persona to deal with anxiety.

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Quote from: Blinkin on January 19, 2014, 04:35:13 AM
Well, as the creator of the concept, I might like to have some comment here.

Something of note is that we already have someone talking about an anchor character who's straight laced and professional looking. his issues don't have anything to do with being on aire, but is off-stage and internal, I really don't want two of them. The idea was that characters would have something that made them undesirable for TV. A drinking issue isn't going to be enough.

A couple of examples of characters offered so far are

An english sports reporter who only wants to report on english sports as they are the only real sports
A weather woman who keeps slipping into comments about who's hot, what's not and so on
A roaming reporter who is an exhibionist and another who gets diverted in her reports by mundane things going on such as, being at a big fire and getting side-tracked by kids playing dodgebal, or a couple of crows in the trees.
And, a court reporter who's anti-establishment and keeps getting tossed out of the court room.

I think that a character is going to have to have something a little more obvious.

Alrighty.  Back to the drawing board then.  Guess that I have to find something crazier about her.

The only thing that I can really think of right now is... maybe a dyslexic graphics girl who scrambles the words in the graphics during the newscast?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

kckolbe

I may have misinterpreted Angel, but I think he was okay with the character, just not as an "in front of the camera" type.  Basically, if the anchor and co-anchor are both professional, then their broadcast scenes are boring.

By the way, here's a new list of proposed chars:

eiselmann: Sports reporter, but only reports proper sports
Kerri: Ditsy meteorologist
Yugishogun: Clothing and makeup
Kunoichi: Roaming reporter/exhibitionist
Irishfire87: ADD reporter
kckolbe: Traffic reporter who is nervous broadcasting
Kunoichi: Intern
Kimera: Camera girl, bit of a perv
chaoslord: Straight man anchor
Chrystal: Court reporter
AngEL Fire: Pending

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Exactly... which is why I have to go back to the drawing board and find some other crazy thing for my girl.  The exhibitionist angle is already taken so... have to find something else.

Angel Fire

How about a news anchor with multiple personalities?  One personality could be very straight laced, another can go off in a rampage and another could be a sexual pervert.  It would be sweet if the personalities switch right in the middle of the newscast... without the main straight laced personality having any knowledge of what the other personalities are doing.

eiselmann

Sorry all been unwell for a few days ...dam you pizza from an Indian restaurant I'll never go to again. anyway loads of catch up posting to do will get a character sheet done shortly for my guy
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Chrystal

Played By: Chrystal
Name: Agnes Day (A name she has never forgiven her Catholic parents for giving her
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Position Applying For: Court reporter
Personality: Aggie is a total non-conformist rebel. She hates the establishment, she considers authority figures to be conspiring against her, personally. She is brash, foul mouthed and outspoken. However, she is also quite bright. Certainly bright enough to know that you don't sass the judge in a trial more than once without getting charged with contempt.
Physical Description: Aggie is 5' 2 tall, with dark straight hair that hangs in a lank looking bob cut, - really more off a mess than a style, but she keeps it that way deliberately. Her lips are usually glossed a bright cherry red, she wears dark eye shadow making her look like she has panda eyes from lack of sleep while keeping her face pale. She has two rings in her lower lip, a clitoral stimulator in her tongue, and several piercings in each ear. On her left shoulder she has a tattoo of a skull and crossbones against a black back ground. On the skulls head is a pink ribbon tied in a bow. Framing the tattoo in Gothic script are the words "Fuck Off". On her right upper arm from elbow to shoulder is a line-art tattoo of a Chinese dragon.
Image:
History: Aggie was born to strict catholic parents, and basically her entire life so far has been a never ending attempt to piss them off. She declared herself to be a lesbian before she even knew what one was. The fact that she actually found she preferred women to men was really just coincidence. The tattoos, the punk clothing and styling, the piercings, all were simply to get back at her parents for calling her "Lamb of God" in Latin. The fact that her mother and father had not even realised what they's named their daughter until i was too late was, in Aggie's view, just another reason to punish them for it! However, she is extremely smart, and actually graduated high school and gained a place at law school - her stated intention being to destroy the system from within. She was, inevitably, thrown out for openly smoking pot in the dorms and selling it to other students. However, she gained a good grounding in her first and only year and thus knows her way around a court room.
Quirk(s): She rides a lime green Kawasaki Ninja 600, without a helmet. She chain smokes and has multiple tattoos and facial piercings
Character On’s/Off’s: Pretty much the same as player O/Os
Players On’s/Off’s: Follow the link

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

eiselmann

Played By:  Eiselmann
Name:  Alexander Parkinson
Sex:  Male
Sexual Orientation:  Straight
Position Applying For: Sports Reporter
Personality:  Quite determined, when he wants something he can be quite fixated until he gets his way. Regards himself as a board minded individual but in reality he's quite closed minded. He sees his role in life is to educate American's about the big wide world or at least his view of it.
Physical Description:  Standing at a perfectly respectable 6 ft slim, normally dresses in smart causal  or sports tops , will if need be wear a suit but not for just any reason...maybe if her Majesty was about. Has a tattoo on his right chest that says 'Barmy Army' on his left chest is a small 'cross of St George'

Image: in there somewhere

History: A product of the English Public School system(private prep schools) he disappointed his parents by embracing sports over academia, as a compromised he took up employment with the BBC , lasting almost a month before they suggested he might be better suited for alternative employment.

Something to do with the drunk American wife of a senior executive at a corporate party and her husbands lack of a sense of humour, not helped by the unfortunate lady's urging for Alex to carry on fucking her, even after her husband and various other guests interrupted them

Suffice it to say his father was deeply embarrassed and decided it was best if his boy depart the shores for a short period, after a year of travelling around the world following various British sports teams and with the scandal still rocking society Alex was sent to America in the hopes that a bit more time would allow a return to proper English Society.

It was while travelling he found out about the job on offer. He doesn't need the money but does want some independent funds hence employment and while in America he has discovered to his horror that a good number of them have this fixation with their four major sports, a fixation Alex is determined to cure.

(His opinion of American sport...baseball-dear Lord its rounders and is the most boring sport on the planet.
Ice Hockey: complete mystery points seem to be given for outbreaks of violence.
Basketball : not a bad sport but then the whole world plays the game but only Americans call their national winners world champions..
.American Football, Oh dear God don't let me get started.....its a three hour infomercial broken up by occasional outbreaks of activity by chaps in armour ...and don't get me really started on anyone who claims its a tough sport.)

Quirk(s): Can't abide American sports when forced to do a local sports story will run something extremely local.   
Character On’s/Off’s: On's  ladies of course , ones that like a bit of the old English domination, nothing like a good wench you see...doesn't have to be a single lady by the way , quite happy to partake if she's married.....maybe some uniforms...nurse, maid, even teacher...some good totties amongst the teaching class.....off's on quite simple chaps on chaps, chaps dressing as women and body functions.

Special note : he's intrigued by Lesbians , finds them at the same time to be a complete waste of good totty as well as being rather fun to watch, at least on film he'd imagined not being able to join in would be a tad disconcerting when hormones are in full swing.

Players On’s/Off’s:  On's multiple females to one guy off: male on male crossdressing toilet work anything else is either an on or a possible
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

eiselmann

is my bio okay ?he does have some rather odd views of the world, sports and ...ah...lesbians , if anyone really feels offended let me know I'm happy to adjust anything except the sports bit (assuming Blinkin approved the CS)

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

What would trigger the personality shifts? Considering how rare true multiple personalities are, the trigger would have to be something either really common, or exceptionally rare if it's going t occur at all.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Angel Fire

Those triggers I am still thinking about.

Maybe as a last resort, I might go with someone with Tourette's syndrome... that causes her to shout out off the wall words during the middle of the broadcasts?

I am running out of ideas here... if this last one doesn't work... than I may have to bow out.

Chrystal

Quote from: eiselmann on January 19, 2014, 06:13:17 PM
is my bio okay ?he does have some rather odd views of the world, sports and ...ah...lesbians , if anyone really feels offended let me know I'm happy to adjust anything except the sports bit (assuming Blinkin approved the CS)

I have no problem with him no liking lesbians, as long as you have no problem with my character(s) not liking sports reporters, and the possibility of the technician "accidentally" cutting to him while he's doing something really embarrassing...!

BTW that second character will be up tomorrow, with luck.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Blinkin

The character bios submitted so far is fine. As Chrystal has pointed out, and others earlier, there may be character friction, but that's part of the process of playing characters.

Angelfire, I don't have a problem with the concept of multiple personalities. I just don't want it happening so infrequently that it becomes a champions or Gurps style disadvantage that's only there for the points and never comes into actual play. What I mean is that it might be months before anything happens, then it is never reflected on the broadcast, so it's a problem that is avoided. On the other hand, if it's too frequent, it'll just confuse everyone.

As a compromise, we come up with a trigger that is somewhat reasonable in timing and that the personality switches are random (Rolling a 1D3 on the dicebot) when the trigger event happens. This might, therefore happen at any time, on the air, the middle of a convrsation, while trying to get more airtime from Marja... so on.

Did that make any sense?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Played By: Chrystal
Name: Jane Sedgley
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: Virgin, but thinks she might be gay.
Position Applying For: Studio technician
Personality: Jane is a mousey character, with very little personality when you first meet her. She is a total geek, and gets on much better with machines than people. She is shy, and has a great deal of difficulty in social situations. She runs a mile when approached by men, and has been known to use her pepper spray without any more provocation than the offer of a drink. she is much more comfortable around members of her own gender, finds them attractive and even exciting, but is much too shy to ever make any advances.There is a good chance she may have Asperger's Syndrome, but she's never been diagnosed. Unfortunately she is also totally dyslexic, to the extent where even single digit numbers often have no meaning to her when she is staring at them. Although intelligent and highly numerate, when asked to push a button labelled "1", if there are four buttons labelled "1". "2", "3" and "4", she has a 25% chance of getting it right!
Physical Description: Jane is pretty, with a round face and a prominent, rounded chin. Her eyes are a piercing bright blue. She wears large thick rimmed glasses to correct her astigmatism. Her hair is long, straight and chestnut coloured, and often worn up in a loose bun. She has a small mole on her right cheek. Her lips are full, but she tends to wear make-up that subdues their effect. She sands at 5'6" tall.
Image:
History: Jane grew up in a middle class household. her father was an electrician, her mother did the books for him. Jane was always a bit of a tomboy and learned from an early age how to handle a soldering iron and a pair of pliers. At college she studied Electronic Engineering. She actually managed to graduate without burning the place down or blowing anything up, which was something of a miracle considering her inability to tell right from left half the time. When she concentrates and has the time to think about what she is doing, she is fine, but if she is rushed or distracted, random things can occur! She has had a number of jobs in various technical roles, one for a small recording studio that went bust, one working for an electrical wholesalers that went bust, and a third working for a wannabe rock band as a roadie. The band never made it.
Quirk(s): Jane is easily distracted, and when distracted or rushed, is apt to do random things, like push the wrong button, or squirt pepper spray at someone. (Just two examples).
Character On’s/Off’s: Hates sudden noises, being distracted, being rushed, anyone who's pushy. Likes girls, electrical gadgets, being allowed to work things out in her own time.
Players On’s/Off’s: Click me!

Angel Fire

Quote from: Blinkin on January 20, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

Angelfire, I don't have a problem with the concept of multiple personalities. I just don't want it happening so infrequently that it becomes a champions or Gurps style disadvantage that's only there for the points and never comes into actual play. What I mean is that it might be months before anything happens, then it is never reflected on the broadcast, so it's a problem that is avoided. On the other hand, if it's too frequent, it'll just confuse everyone.

As a compromise, we come up with a trigger that is somewhat reasonable in timing and that the personality switches are random (Rolling a 1D3 on the dicebot) when the trigger event happens. This might, therefore happen at any time, on the air, the middle of a convrsation, while trying to get more airtime from Marja... so on.

Did that make any sense?

That should work for me... and it does make sense.  It may be a day or two to figure out all of the personalities.

eiselmann

Quote from: Chrystal on January 19, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
I have no problem with him no liking lesbians, as long as you have no problem with my character(s) not liking sports reporters, and the possibility of the technician "accidentally" cutting to him while he's doing something really embarrassing...!

BTW that second character will be up tomorrow, with luck.

he likes them, finds them fascinating infact, its just they aren't doing what they are supposed to do, he loves watching lesbian porn just thinks it would be a bit difficult to watch a 'live show' when his urge to join in would be overwhelming...thing is as a character he's going to voice that point of view when the opportunity arises. ...as in 'oh you're a lesbian ..pity that's a waste of woman'...funnily enough his attitude to gay men is a little more progressive but still self centred as in, ' good on them, leaves more beautiful totty for the rest of us'

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

Or, maybe they just don't like englishmen because they always have a stiff... errr... nevermind. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.