The Indigo Kingdom: GBLTQA friendly! Recruiting! Players needed!

Started by Ember Star, November 18, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

IMPORTANT: All in-depth information such as history, setting, and rules, can now be found on the group's wiki page. Simply click here to go there.

On the northern most pole of the world, amongst the frozen land of snow and ice, if your eyes know of magic they will suddenly rest on a Eden of wonder. Step forth from the cold frozen tundra into warmth and life. Look up to the sky and see that at night the stars and moon are a indigo blue as if looking through a color filter on a camera lens. But you notice as you watch the Aurora Borealis (aka the Northern Lights) dance across the sky as they almost always do here, that the stars and moon are the only things with altered color. So maybe it's a spell, a trick of the mind. The weather is not cold here as you would expect but is rather perfectly warm when it needs to be, and cold when it does not. If you start to wonder where you are in this beautiful magical land where it seems anything is possible, it is the Indigo Kingdom. For 7,000 years it has be a stronghold of magic and peace. All are welcome here in Indigo under the rule of Queen Alluriella

Important Information

(Taken from Moraline's Game Info Checklist)
    The Indigo Kingdom:

• This game is in the extreme section to allow openness and creativity on all levels. However, this does not mean they things will necessarily become extreme and even if they do, that is why we employ the warning system in the header. Additionally, this is a freeform game, meaning that I as GM will not deploy any sort of dice system moderate combat or anything else. If the players wish to deploy their own system between themselves, that is up to them. This game is also freeform in story, meaning that what you do with your characters is entirely up to you. However, if you make a destructive character character, do not expect their misgivings to go unnoticed.
    • The game is open to anyone regardless of gender, sexuality or preferences.
    • There are no set roles for players to pick up. That said,it is perfectly reasonable to request a certain role such as castle guard, librarian, or anything else.
    • This is a medieval high fantasy freeform kingdom.
    • While they is no mass guided plot, the game is set is a magical land hidden near the North Pole. It is a land created 7,000 years ago as a safe haven for magical beings. A complete history can be found in the group's wiki page.
    • There are few, if any character creation limits. That said, what I do have on the subject can be found in the wiki.
    • This is a completely original game of mine and therefore has no outside information. I do however have a map and some general world building information which can be found on the wiki page
    • The pacing of the game is variable. I normally say at least one post per week. However, real life is real life and if you are held up, that is understandable. The only exception to this is in events where the game must keep moving at a reasonable pace.
    • Sexual activity and how much is to occur is the players decision. This is not a sexual or pairing bases group, and therefore will not be treated as such. However, if you want to have a sexually charged personal story, you may.
    • A complete header system including tagging and picture is used and expected at the top of every IC post. The header code can be found in the OOC thread.
    Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• As of right now, I am the only GM. If it becomes needed, I will add a Co GM or two. However, I will be especially picky about who I choose.
    • This is a sandbox style game, meaning that I do not guide the players in story or decisions at all. The exception to this is story events, which will be heavily guided by myself and may affect the kingdom as whole. However, the choice to take part in these guided events is entirely yours.
    • I have put a lot of work into creating the environment of the Indigo Kingdom. How you use it to your advantage or disadvantage is entirely yours, so long as you don't go overboard to a GM/God-mode level.
    • Public, story, and event NPCs (such as the Inn Keeper in the Village or the kidnap victim/kidnapper for a story event) are primarily handled by me as they are as much my characters as my PCs. However, background NPCs around your characters ( such as passerbys on the streets) are mostly at your control, and you are also given the choice to make a pet/companion as a NPC that accompanies your character
    • This is my darling that I have had across several years and several sites. So, I am very active with it. Though it certainly does not get all my attention, I do try and give it the blunt of it.
    • There are two OOCs (links in first post here), one for general chatter, the other announcements and questions related to the game.
    • New players PM me or post your questions here. Approved players PM me or post your questions in the Game OOC
    • If any conflict or confusion arises between characters, please bring it to me in a PM. I will do my best to resolve it in a none bias way.
    • PvP is allowed and even encouraged, so long as you don't go tearing too much up around you. I even have arenas that while aren't in use for a event, are free to be used for PvP.
    Additional:

• While it is not required, I do hope that players who wish to join familiarize themselves with, and even sign the Oath of the Drake as well as take a peek at my Guide to RP Etiquette
    • And with that in mind, remember to always respect your follow players in all ways, including, but not limited to, their Ons and Offs.
    • At least one post per week is generally expected. However, if something comes up, that's fine. Just inform us so we know. Same if you are a slow or variable writer, just let us know. If a player leaves completely, it is requested that they tell me so I can mark them as inactive. If anyone has a scene with a character when its player leaves, they are expected to simply move on without said character. In some cases a character may have to be NPC'd out of a scene.
    • Because of the sandbox nature, it is very easy to integrate new players and characters. They can simply" jump in" almost anywhere and join the fun. Scarlet Village is a especially popular starting point, especially for characters that are new to the kingdom.
    • Third person, past tense, POV is the strongly preferred writing style here. However, I have never been one to complain about different styles coming in.

Character Sheet

Characters must be sent by pm to me for approval! Rules for character making can be found on the group's wiki page.

Name: Your character's full real name and nicknames
    Alias: A name your character earned or that they go by that isn't their real or nickname
    Race: It's pretty much anything goes here. See rules for limitations

Orientation: Your character's sexual preference

Weapon: Your character's main weapon or weapons

Powers: Your character's powers

Abilities: Your character's physical abilities (sword train, senses, ect)

Appearance: A written appearance describing what they look like. I require both written appearance and a image. The picture at the top should be a 150x200 picture. Anything bigger I will resize. Anything smaller I will resize. Anything else and full sized images can be cold linked here. Real photos and art are both acceptable, but please use good art.

History: At least two or more detailed paragraphs.

[/list] [float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Alias:[/b]
    [b]Race:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] 
    [b]Rank:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Character Pet Sheet

If your character has a pet, familiar or companion, please fill this out and add it on to the bottom of their sheet

Name: Your pet's/companion's name
    Species: Their species

Powers/Abilities: If they have any. Keep it minimum

Appearance: Same deal as character appearance. Remember you must provide a written appearance as well as a image for both. Same rules for pictures.

History: At least a paragraph describing how they came to be with your character.

[float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Species:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Powers/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]
    "One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Deamonbane

I am interested, although I will be bringing in a different character than that of the previous group...
    Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

rustytiger

I will be bringing Deirda and Kaelan over, but I don't think I will make her as old since she can be a necromancer for hire or something.
    I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
    Absences
    Idea Thread

Ember Star

KnightNelson20

Im interested. Im going to put good thought into my character and hopefully have a cs up by the end of tonight.

Ember Star

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on November 18, 2013, 04:06:23 PM
    Im interested. Im going to put good thought into my character and hopefully have a cs up by the end of tonight.
    Awesome!

persephone325

I'll bring Sayuri over. This will be perfect, since she's a full blooded witch and loves animals.
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chrystal

I am making a whole new character for this.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
    I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Visna

I'll keep my eye on this. If I were to join, I'd prefer to play a minor character that dodges in and out of smaller groups though.

Ember Star

Quote from: Visna on November 18, 2013, 05:06:44 PM
    I'll keep my eye on this. If I were to join, I'd prefer to play a minor character that dodges in and out of smaller groups though.
    That's fine. There's not really anything specific needed for this one anyway.

Vampyre Valkyrie

I'm interested. I've not had much luck findind a medieval game I can sink my teeth into. I'll definately be back to read through this stuff again.
    “Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Ember Star

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on November 18, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
    I'm interested. I've not had much luck findind a medieval game I can sink my teeth into. I'll definately be back to read through this stuff again.
    Would love to have you, VV! :D

Ember Star

Somebody suggested a timeline as it wasn't clear. So here for anybody who is interested.

The city was built 7,000 years ago.

The divine war ended 6,000 years ago. 

Terrabeth set about hunting the Rose Sisters 3,000 years ago.

2,000 years ago Allure was "killed"

After she was killed the kingdom laid mostly quiet. Though not hidden. Its power was just downed. Aurora's (the Black Rose (Allure's sister) son Liir followed by his descendants ruled during that period of 2,000 years. While the Rose Sisters were mostly forgotten about. 

65 years ago Allure was "reborn" as the princess. Though she had no idea who she really was.

50 years ago the kingdom was attacked by mortal men which activated a failsafe and hid the kingdom from all.

10 years ago the curse and the failsafe was broken revealing the kingdom once more.

KnightNelson20

Ember Star

Brazen Endeavors

I will bring Ceanothus over.  I think without the dual kingdom interference she'll actually work out better, since I always imagined her slightly darker :)
    ..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
    ...come play with me?...
    .:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
    (updated o/o - 7.16.12)

ElCapitan

Question.  What's the general layout of the Indigo Kingdom?  Central city, forests, mountains, etc?  Like, what is the geography (briefly) like?

Gensokian

I have interest in this. My free time will be opening up soon, so I will have enough time to devote to this when it gets off the ground, hopefully. It'll take me a few days to get a character ready, but rest assured he will be thought out, balanced, and ready for action when it comes to it.

Ember Star

Quote from: ElCapitan on November 18, 2013, 09:44:19 PM
    Question.  What's the general layout of the Indigo Kingdom?  Central city, forests, mountains, etc?  Like, what is the geography (briefly) like?
    There's a central city. Mountains to the north. Caves under the mountains. Forest to the south of the city. To the south of the forest is a village by the sea and the ocean.  There's a river that comes down from the mountains, goes through the center of the city, through the forest, and empties into the ocean. To the east are wide open green plains. To the west of the city is a large lake fed by a creek which branches off from the river between the mountains and the city. Um... I think that's it if I remember correctly @.@

DarkNevaeh

Chrystal

Quote from: Ember Star on November 18, 2013, 10:00:55 PM
    There's a central city. Mountains to the north. Caves under the mountains. Forest to the south of the city. To the south of the forest is a village by the sea and the ocean.  There's a river that comes down from the mountains, goes through the center of the city, through the forest, and empties into the ocean. To the east are wide open green plains. To the west of the city is a large lake fed by a creek which branches off from the river between the mountains and the city. Um... I think that's it if I remember correctly @.@

I have a technical quibble with this.....

If the city is at the North Pole, the the only thing North of the city is sky!

Everything else is South!

Hee hee

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 19, 2013, 01:27:47 PM
    I have a technical quibble with this.....

If the city is at the North Pole, the the only thing North of the city is sky!

Everything else is South!

Hee hee
    LOL. You kinda have to think of the kingdom as another realm. Like a pocket dimension at the north pole.

Chrystal

I'm putting my final charsheet together from the two PMs it was in, but I'm going to add a familiar, if that's okay? I had intended it from the beginning but got bogged down with the actual character....

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 19, 2013, 01:48:27 PM
    I'm putting my final charsheet together from the two PMs it was in, but I'm going to add a familiar, if that's okay? I had intended it from the beginning but got bogged down with the actual character....
    That's fine :)