Re-Discovering the World (Exploration/Adventure-Inspired D&D 5E)

Started by NightLux, April 20, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightLux

If your name is in green I've validated your character.  I will be editing this post over the next hour as I finish.  Green means I have been able to validate your character with Hero Labs.  Red means either I found a problem (and you got a PM) or you need to tell me which of the two characters you've mentioned you will play.

• Snake (Lord) - Caine, male half-elf Fighter

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female half-elf Warlock

• RedPhoenix (Centurion) - Rosalie, female high elf Wizard

• greenknight (Lord) - Brannock, male human Ranger

• White Wolf (Lord) - Repentance, female tiefling Paladin

• Kathyan (Lady) - Lena, female human Ceric

• Bibliophilia (Lady) - Kaija, female human Sorcerer

• eternaldarkness (Lord) - Tykel, male human Alchemist

• Countdown0 (Lord) - Varanos, male half-elf Sorcerer

• Wheeler97 (Lord) - Roan Sawyer, male half-orc Barbarian

• LisztesFerenc (Lord) - Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall, male human Fighter

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

A lot will be happening this weekend in order to get us ready to go next week.

• I will create a Character Thread and OOC over in NC-Exotic.  I chose NC since there might be some dubious-con events between the player characters.  However, you cannot actually force yourself on another character without their player's permission, obviously.

• I will finish validating all character sheets this morning that have been submitted.

• I will announce the groups in the OOC thread by tomorrow

• Check both threads for what everyone needs to accomplish (posting characters into the character thread, etc) before we start

If anyone else has any questions, please shoot me a PM/post here/the OOC.  I hope everyone is looking forward to this!
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

LisztesFerenc

Assuming there's no problem with Leo, I will be playing him.

greenknight

Strongly considering switching Brannock's Cha and Int and possibly making him a half-elf (and then possibly re-working his stats for better use of the ability advance at L4). Also, could I possibly switch out the musical instrument proficiency for herbalism kit?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

NightLux

Quote from: greenknight on April 22, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Strongly considering switching Brannock's Cha and Int and possibly making him a half-elf (and then possibly re-working his stats for better use of the ability advance at L4). Also, could I possibly switch out the musical instrument proficiency for herbalism kit?

Until you've posted over in the character thread, you can make any changes you want without my permission, so long as it remains a valid character.

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 22, 2017, 10:01:17 AM
  Assuming there's no problem with Leo, I will be playing him.

I'll get him validated now.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

greenknight

Cool. Here's the update. Won't be able to afford an herbalist's kit for awhile, but I replaced the instrument proficiency from background for it.

Is the character thread up yet?

Brannock
Human Outlander Ranger 1, Neutral Good
Armor Class 18 (scale armor and shield)
Hit Points 11 (1d10+1)      XP 0
Speed 30 ft.

Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
14 (+2)14 (+2)12 (+1)10 (+0)14 (+2)12 (+1)
Saving Throws Str +4, Dex +4
Skills Athletics +4, Medicine +4, Nature +2, Perception +4, Stealth +4, Survival +4
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Features and Proficiencies
Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, musical instrument herbalism kit
Favored Enemy. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against humanoids. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer. You are a master of navigating the natural world, and you react with swift and decisive action
when attacked. This grants you the following benefits:

• You ignore difficult terrain.
  • You have advantage on initiative rolls.
  • On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:

• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s speed.
  • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
Skill. You have proficiency in Athletics
Medium Armor Mastery. When wearing medium armor, you may add up to a +3 Dexterity bonus to AC and never suffer disadvantage to Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around me. You can always find fresh food and water for yourself and up to five other people each day.

Actions
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8+2 slashing damage or 1d10+2 slashing damage and AC 16 if used with two hands.
Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage
Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage or 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage if used with two hands and AC drops to 16.
Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: 4 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, 3 gp

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Personality
I’m driven by a wanderlust that keeps me moving through the forest. I’m never comfortable sleeping in the same place more than one night at a time. And the Forest is getting a bit small.

I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes breaking them.

Ideals
Man has many enemies in the wild places. I don’t sit back and defend, I find them where they live.

Bonds
????

Flaws
I hate that I can never find a home, one place I can just stay put.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

NightLux

The character thread/general information is up here.

Anyone in green is cleared to post their characters.  Feel free to PM me for your stat blocks.

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Wheeler97

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 22, 2017, 02:24:20 AM
-is giggling entirely too much at the image of Charo making character portraits and cuchi-cuchi-ing all the while.-

What have I done? No, what have you done!? I won't be able to get this image out of my head all day, I am sure. *Giggle* I didn't pay so much attention to the name of the artist at first.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Name: Rini Orlsdotter
Race: Human
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str   9, Dex   13, Con   12, Int   12, Wis   15, Chrs   12
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str   9, Dex   14, Con   12, Int   12, Wis   16, Chrs 12
Class and chosen class skills: Druid: Medecine, Nature.  Herbalisim Kit. 
Archetype (if applicable already): --
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Folk Hero: Animal Handling, Survival, Cook's Tools, Land Vehicles. 
Languages: Common, Druidic, Sylvan
Weapons and Armor: Dagger, Staff.  Leather Armor. 
Starting Other Gear: Belt Puoch.  10 gold.  Calico barn cat "Strut", Clothes (Common),  Cook's Tools, Druidic Focus, Explorer's Pack,
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells] Produce Flame, Shilelagh.  Engangle, Fairy Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word   

Notes:  Her feat is Polearm Master.  Let me find her picture. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Wheeler97 on April 22, 2017, 11:20:22 AM
What have I done? No, what have you done!? I won't be able to get this image out of my head all day, I am sure. *Giggle* I didn't pay so much attention to the name of the artist at first.

It's the first thing I noticed and the image wouldn't go away, so I thought I'd share!  -giggles.-  I like the art, though.  She's almost as good an artist as she is a dancer!  -shakes my maracas and shimmies out.-  Cuchi-cuchi!

greenknight

Maracas.
__
|\
   \
     Is that where we're calling it now? :D

Kathyan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 21, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
  Leo is based off viking culture, hence the barely literate nobility who live in a cold climate, fight and attack others, so maybe something could be worked out between him and Lena? Maybe they respect each others abilities, but perhaps Leo's more brutish ways reminds her a little too much of her former companions for her to commit fully, at least for now.
As you put it he sounds like a great buddy for Lena as she is quite brutish too. I'm sort of thinking about her as if she had come out from a Mad Max film even though she has spells :P oh and loved Charro's portrait as well.

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Chulanowa

I'm getting there, I'm getting there! It's just.. .a thing I have...

VenatorBC26

EndofDivine

Have room for more?

Name: Sora Davenlow
Race: Air Genasi
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 8 Dex: 15 Con: 13 Int: 12 Wis: 10 Cha: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 15 Int: 12 Wis: 10 Cha: 14
Class and chosen class skills: Bard. Class skills are Performance, Persuasion, and Investigation.
Archetype (if applicable already): Probably going College of Lore.
Background: Sage. Arcana and History proficiency plus two additional languages.
Languages: Common, Primordial, Celestial, Infernal
Weapons and Armor: Rapier, Dagger, Leather Armor
Starting Other Gear: Lute, Chest, 2x Map Cases, Lamp, 5 sheets of paper, 2x Oil Flasks, Perfume, Sealing Wax, Soap, 2x bottle of ink, quill, common clothes, belt pouch with 10 gp
Spells 0-[Cantrips]  Mage Hand, Vicious Mockery; 1-[Spells] Feather Fall, Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Thunderwave

Personality: Danger? What danger? All I see is adventure and artifacts waiting to be had.
Ideals: Studying and learning from the past will show us the way forward.
Bond: I feel drawn to the elemental planes. One day, I hope to meet an Elemental Lord for myself.
Flaw: Relics of the past are priceless to me. The desire to obtain one often overpowers my common sense.

Background: Sora's father was one of the first Starfall scouts sent out into the ravaged lands to see what could be found by sifting through the ashes. He performed admirably for a time but his greatest find also turned out to be his final mission. By some random chance, he had stumbled across an ancient portal to the elemental planes buried deep within a cave complex. It stood dormant, clearly unused for thousands of years. Curious, he approached, his fingertips brushing the dust from unfamiliar runes. The gate whirred to life and reacted to this intrusion, sending a jolt of energy through his arm that was strong enough to fling him against the cavern wall. It was several hours before he regained consciousness only to find that the greatest discovery of his life had vanished without a trace.

The scout settled down after that fateful encounter with ancient tech, though the numbness in his arm never went away and his back never quite healed right. An old acquaintance from the scouts became his wife not long after he retired and they were happy for a time. When they finally decided to have children, it became shockingly clear that the scars the man now carried weren't the only gift left over from that day. Sora was born to two humans, a Genasi that was nearly more elemental than human - a rarity these days considering how diluted the elemental bloodlines had become over the course of a thousand years. The obvious rumors of infidelity swirled and the mother - obviously knowing the truth - swore the child was a mutant that she wanted nothing to do with.

Stuck with a daughter he had no clue how to raise on his own, Sora's father defaulted to what he knew: he raised a Scout. This was perfectly acceptable to Sora, a free spirit that found the city too confining and the gossip that was whispered behind her back too painful to listen to. Sora developed into a bright and capable young woman under her father's training and gladly accepted the task of scouring the world outside the city for people, artifacts, and resources; anything that could be useful. Deep down though, Sora's motives were much more personal; she never felt human and never really belonged. Out there somewhere were people like her - people whose blood carried the lineage of two different planes - and devices that would let her see the elemental planes with her own eyes. Sora was resolved to find them, even if she had to turn over every rock on the planet looking for them.

NightLux

Quote from: VenatorBC26 on April 22, 2017, 01:00:12 PM
Is it too late to join?

No it is not. I'm out and about the town today but if you post a character I'll validate and you should be good to go.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

VenatorBC26

Name: Alliera Brightshield
Race: Dragonborne(Silver
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 14 Dex: 13 Con: 12 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str: 16 Dex: 13 Con: 12 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Paladin of Bahamut, Class Skills are Athletics and Religion
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A(as of yet)
Background: Noble
Languages: Common, Draconic, Celestial
Weapons and Armor: Longsword, 5x Javalins, Chainmail, Shield.
Starting Other Gear: Explorer Pack, Set of Fine Clothes, Signit Ring, Scroll of Pedigree,  Necklace with silver relief of Bahamut(Holy Symbol)
Spells 0-[Cantrips] 1-[Spells]
Personality: Why do we always have to be so dour? we're seeing all kinds of cool stuff and helping people!
Ideals: The Protection of the realms and thier people is the highest goal.
Bond: Alliera loves all children, and will often act as a foster-mother to some homeless children.
Flaw: Alliera is a bit of a scatterbrain, and will often miss things others will see.

Background: Alliera's real parents were a pair of dragonborn pilgrims, who dropped her off with the human noble family Brightshield before then went on a some religious journey that goes unexplained to this day. Alliera was raised by this noble family, brought up to be a noble lady and Knight in the human tradition. this continued until Alliera had a number of dreams that calls her to the dragon god Bahamut. Alliera goes to a Temple to the platinum god, and the local church authorities reveal that she was called to be a Paladin. Alliera went to be trained, and worked hard for her chosen diety. It is years before she becomes a true Paladin, and even then, she isn't anywhere near the best. For a few years, Alliera quests around the local area, before eventually working to find a group to work with.

Wheeler97

Wow, if anyone wants a really neat form-fillable PDF character sheet for 5th edition, this is available for as little as you'd like to pay (can put $0 for free). It has settings for what content to allow or not, even UA, and auto-fills the sheet for you with everything as you add your class, race, background, attributes, and items. I haven't played with it to see what it does for custom backgrounds, or how to add them, and I haven't played with spells.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

NightLux

The character thread/general information is up here.

Anyone in green is cleared to post their characters.  Feel free to PM me for your stat blocks.

• VenatorBC26(Lord) - Alliera, female Dragonborn Paladin

• EndofDivine(Lord) - Sora , female Air Genasi Bard

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

Ven and EndofDivine are good to go post into the Character Thread (big link at the top of this post).  I'll send PMs with your stat blocks shortly.

If anyone I've approved hasn't gotten a stat block, let me know.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

NightLux

Quote from: Wheeler97 on April 22, 2017, 05:30:24 PM
Wow, if anyone wants a really neat form-fillable PDF character sheet for 5th edition, this is available for as little as you'd like to pay (can put $0 for free). It has settings for what content to allow or not, even UA, and auto-fills the sheet for you with everything as you add your class, race, background, attributes, and items. I haven't played with it to see what it does for custom backgrounds, or how to add them, and I haven't played with spells.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

I used that for the longest time.  Spells can get a big tricky.  I love Hero Labs but I understand, the license is $25.  But I already used it for PFS...
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

eternaldarkness

We seem to have a strong 'outcast' theme going with the characters thus far. I like it.

NightLux

OOC Thread and Group Announcements are here.

One another announcement - I accidentally put the Character Thread in the Freeform board, not the system.  I've asked them to move it.  Not sure if that messes up bookmarks and all, but I'll relink it from the OOC thread.

Again, green means you're good, I should have sent you a stat block and you can post in the Character Thread.

• VenatorBC26(Lord) - Alliera, female Dragonborn Paladin

• EndofDivine(Lord) - Sora , female Air Genasi Bard

• Muse (Lord) - Rini, female human Druid

• Chulanowa (Lord)

If anyone I've approved hasn't gotten a stat block, let me know.

To anyone else interested in joining, we still have one post open on the third group and then we are full up.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bibliophilia

I've got Kai's stat block finished and posted.  -flops.-