News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

American Potato Chips?

Started by Sabby, May 10, 2014, 10:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I live in Australia, and I've found an Aussie website that sells American food here, so I'm going to try some of it out. We don't have things like Reeses here.

What I need help on is potato/corn chips. I don't want the basic 2 dollar barbecue bags, I wanted to try a few of the good ones. What is some of the best chip brands in America? Gourmet preferable.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Gourmet potato chips? Hmm didn't know those existed.

Lays aren't gourmet but they taste awful good and fritos are great in a chilli pie :D

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Oniya

Gourmet chips exist (usually as a line of more interesting flavors from the makers of the $2 barbecue bags), but I'm not terribly familiar with the different brands. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cycle

I think Lay's Original (no BBQ or other flavoring) is a pretty close approximation of your "standard" potato chip.

If you want gourmet, try something that says "kettle cooked."  Those tend to be thicker, and a bit more potatoey in flavor (Lay's tend to just taste like salt).  I don't know want brands are available to you, but Cape Cod is pretty good.  Again, I'd try the non-flavored version first.

Enjoy!

Remiel

I like Miss Vickie's jalapeño flavoured, but that's just me.  I'm weird.

Aiden

Quote from: Remiel on May 11, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
I like Miss Vickie's jalapeño flavoured, but that's just me.  I'm weird.

I second this pick.

Also if you like Corn Chips- Fritos. Original Fritos. Nothing but Salt, Oil and Corn...AMERICA!

Sabby

Fritos look great! Thank you for the suggestions so far guys, they've helped a lot.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on May 12, 2014, 05:41:30 AM
Fritos look great! Thank you for the suggestions so far guys, they've helped a lot.

Fritos work AWESOME in a chilli pie.. no kidding.. google the recipe.

Inkidu

I prefer chips with ridges myself, like Ruffles brand.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Thorne

Kettle is an actual brand - and they're good chips. I'm a fan of the New York Cheddar and salt-and-pepper ridged chips myself.
They make a few dozen different flavors, including a couple of variants on BBQ.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Oreo

Quote from: Thorne on May 15, 2014, 05:14:39 PM
Kettle is an actual brand - and they're good chips. I'm a fan of the New York Cheddar and salt-and-pepper ridged chips myself.
They make a few dozen different flavors, including a couple of variants on BBQ.

Me too!! >_> When I decide to let myself indulge in a snack I shouldn't.

Fritos are also good in taco salad instead of tortilla chips.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Doritos are good too, but don't eat them as anything but a small, small, small snack. I'm sure more companies do it, but there's a reason why it's called the Doritos Effect (i.e. You can eat bags of the stuff and never feel full; they're designed that way).
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

BAMF

I could so go for some of the Taco-flavored Doritos right now. Thanks, Ink. :P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Love And Submission

There is no more American Potato Chip then Doritos. They are the ultimate American Snack Chip.

Seriously Mt.Dew and Doritos's is like the American Child's dream dinner.

Maybe throw in some slim jims.

Don't get me wrong , Doritos and Mt.Dew are terrible for your health but  it is   one of the top  american food  combinations ever. Right up there with Doughnut Hamburgers and Light Bear and Handguns.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Inkidu

Quote from: DTW on May 15, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
There is no more American Potato Chip then Doritos. They are the ultimate American Snack Chip.

Don't get me wrong , Doritos and Mt.Dew are terrible for your health but  it is   one of the top  american food  combinations ever. Right up there with Doughnut Hamburgers and Light Bear and Handguns.
Speak for yourself. The soft drink of the South is Sundrop.

It's like a half factor sweeter than Mt. Dew. It's called Redneck champagne. :)

Oniya

Quote from: DTW on May 15, 2014, 08:33:55 PM

We called that 'Breakfast of Programmers'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on May 15, 2014, 08:41:26 PM
We called that 'Breakfast of Programmers'.
Code Monkey like Fritos, Code Monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew.

Kuroneko

I second Cape Cod, Fritos and Kettle brands. Kettle has a great Thai spice flavor that I love as well as a sweet onion.  I recently saw they have a new bacon flavor as well. I also love their black pepper flavor.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Namira

I'd also say Cape Cod brand potato chips. they're the best-- my favorite of all the chips. But also the Kettle chips.
Toying with the idea of maybe writing again...

My O&O's