Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Interest Check/Sign In {FULL}

Started by Pixilicious, July 14, 2010, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for sixteen people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  This season's voyage will take its passengers throughout a miraculous, once-in-a-lifetime journey throughout the European countryside.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Four of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Post here or PM me with interest or questions.

Day/Night Cycle

For the sake of being uniform, I've decided that the time given between each day and night cycle will be three days each.  I took into account people's schedules from last time around, and I'm hoping three days will give everyone enough time to get me carriage assignments, and anything else that is needed to make voting decisions, and have interactions.

In general, the game will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 

Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2, 3, or 4) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM (Pixilicious).  I will be sure to announce both In-Game and OOC when these assignments are due.

Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM (Pixilicious) will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.

Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x4)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear as "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules

Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.

Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.

All PM communication should be CC'd to Pixilicious so that she can take part in viewing the festivities as well!

People interested in playing should post here or PM me and I will start up a list.  Please keep in mind that there are sixteen available seats on the train and passes will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. :)
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Sasha

Smiles .....oh this sounds like so much fun .....purchases a ticket .

forgetmenot

A/A-

Pixilicious

Quote from: Katimae on July 14, 2010, 01:57:56 PM
Can I get a ticket even if I'm not approved yet?

Unfortunately, this game relies a lot on PMing, which is a feature not available to unapproved members.  The good news is that I don't plan on having the train take off for another few days, so there's still time for you to get involved, depending on the outcome of your approval status. 

I hope this helps!

~Pixilicious~

forgetmenot

Quote from: Pixilicious on July 14, 2010, 02:02:34 PM
Unfortunately, this game relies a lot on PMing, which is a feature not available to unapproved members.  The good news is that I don't plan on having the train take off for another few days, so there's still time for you to get involved, depending on the outcome of your approval status. 

I hope this helps!

~Pixilicious~

Oh I definately understand! :P
Just thought I'd ask
Thanks!

A/A-

Ariadne

I will be purchasing a ticket as soon as I am done moving. I will need a nice relaxing break once this is done.
I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Ryven

Kye

Quote from: Ariadne on July 14, 2010, 02:31:18 PM
I will be purchasing a ticket as soon as I am done moving. I will need a nice relaxing break once this is done.

*purchases her ticket* I'll need the vacation after her move is done as well...  ::)

Pixilicious

Passenger Roster...So far...

1.)Sasha
2.)Remiel
3.)Ryven
4.)Ariadne
5.)Kyrsa
6.)Beguile's Mistress
7.)Imogen
8.)Marguerite
9.)Valerian
10.)Random Civilian
11.)Barnbean
12.)Starlequin
13.)Alxnjsh
14.)Sir Wolfgang
15.)Spell
16.)Kaizen

Guest of the Concierge: Aiden

Remiel

Ah, the Elliquiy Express...the only way to travel!  I'm looking forward to sharing a carriage with Imogen, my lovely riding companion.

Beguile's Mistress

Imogen

Quote from: Remiel on July 14, 2010, 03:36:46 PM
Ah, the Elliquiy Express...the only way to travel!  I'm looking forward to sharing a carriage with Imogen, my lovely riding companion.

Oh my, when Remiel puts on the charm, I can't say no! I don't even want to! ;-)

If there's still room, I'd love travel with you all!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

Quote from: Imogen on July 14, 2010, 04:04:47 PM
Oh my, when Remiel puts on the charm, I can't say no! I don't even want to! ;-)

If there's still room, I'd love travel with you all!

There is!  I'll take the question mark off your name :)

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

Marguerite

Thanks for putting me on and how many bags can we bring onto the train?
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Pixilicious

Quote from: Marguerite on July 14, 2010, 04:40:41 PM
Thanks for putting me on and how many bags can we bring onto the train?

*snickers* 2-3...I'd hate for one of you to have to lug around more than that back through the mountains if someone gets kicked off!  :D

Barnbean

Train travel? Couldnt pick anything more modern like zepplin? ;)  Sounds like a cool idea Pixi

Random Civilian

Is there any chance that I could purchase a ticket? I'd love to be part of this!

Pixilicious

Quote from: Barnbean on July 14, 2010, 06:00:06 PM
Train travel? Couldnt pick anything more modern like zepplin? ;)  Sounds like a cool idea Pixi

A zepplin, huh?  I think that it would be too violent when people get kicked off, to watch them fall to their deaths...You know...Missing parachutes and all that stuff! ;)

Pixilicious

Quote from: Random Civilian on July 14, 2010, 06:01:55 PM
Is there any chance that I could purchase a ticket? I'd love to be part of this!

I'll put your name on the list! :)

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Pixilicious

Quote from: Starlequin on July 14, 2010, 06:12:08 PM
Hm, I think I'd like to board as well. Room for one more?

Of course!  We've got five more open slots!

Welcome aboard!  *hands over ticket*

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Pixilicious

Quote from: Starlequin on July 14, 2010, 06:55:35 PM
Awesome! <pockets his ticket> Lookin' forward to the trip!

Don't lose the ticket!  Rumor has it that Concierge lady is a real taskmaster! ;)