Zelii Chronicles: Search for the elementals(Fantasy, [MUL], Looking for rper's)

Started by Zelric Miras, August 11, 2010, 09:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelric Miras

I skiped alxnjsh's post, sorry about that. That makes one confirmed char and two potentially interested(BE and alxnjsh). It would be good to even the male/female rate.

I gave it a look Blue:
Place of origin: Zelia
Species: Lidedun(Lid-edun)
It's still looking good. ^^

Zelii is the adjectives that describes things from Zelia. Racoons are mustelids.

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

My pleasure. ^^

Blue sorry...I noticed my mistake with the species it is Kanit is the name for the society stablished by the LidEdun. Either were ok and I corrected my misplacement of the species. I double checked and the rest are ok. I'll add some info on the groups that has been chosen for PC's. Ok here we go:

Kirin:
The Kirin are one of the most ancient and wise race in Zelia. Their main citadel is located on the northern mountains, a series of platforms carved in the rock and a fair amount of large caves are the base of its architecture. Despite appearing rudimentary from the outside, some of the mountains house large structures within fashioned with raw power and magic into breathtaking and magnificent views. The most renown of these structures is the Shrine of the Diamond Dragon and the Eight Great Dragons. A pillar carved on rainde is dedicated to each of the eight, and the ninth is carved in diamond. It said that each pillar stores remnants of their energy.
Each clan usually has one to three settlements, according to their size. The clans are distributed over the three hro-marun, usually seeking the places that will suit their ideologies. Their numbers are not overly large but they are enough to have dwellings over 5% of Zelii mountain ranges, it is still rare to find large settlements or as elaborated as the main citadel.
The Kirin are revered by most races, although there are non sentient cousins that are used as mounts by some. It is considered impolite to ride a non sentient dragon while a Kirin is close by, although not illegal, it is frowned upon. In rare occasions, the Kirin ally with warriors and they work together in partnership, both as mounts and combat partners.
Seen as the holders of knowledge, the oldest of the Kirin are usually called for counsel or judging when delicate affairs have to be dealt with. The Kirin clans hold council every ten years to choose their main leader and the head of each clan. The election is done by the head of each clan and an advisor, who are the only ones allowed to enter the chambers of the council.
The Kirin’s main economical activity is their scales. Some subspecies shed them regularly, and the scales are appreciated for their strength and beauty. Specialized craftsmen amongst the Kirin mold them and sell them to merchants. Although these products are highly coveted, their prices are over the usual budget of most Zelii. There are few craftsmen outside the Kirin that are able to work with them.
Kirins are usually more adept at elemental magic; still it is not rare to find some of the Kirin that show skill in other types of magic. The breath of each Kirin is usually associated to their birth element, but the lineages have interwoven so much that some inherit to or three different types of breath, although these are less powerful than those of less diluted bloodlines.

Kainaj:
The Kainaj, or most clans at least, are a proud and rather shy race, although they posses great insight and knowledge of the secrets of the waters. Their main city is in the southwestern sea, it is completely underwater and at depths that most earth dwellers can’t bear comfortably. The city is protected by a spell that allows outsiders to breathe underwater but it can be lifted quite easily to defend it. The spell also protects those that are unable to cope with the high pressures of those  depths. Their architecture revolves around the building resources they can find in the depths, corals and discarded shells of giant creatures are commonly used to create a beautiful architecture. 
The Kainaj settlements are always inside relatively deep bodies of water, which usually hinders their distribution, still there are enough for the most of the clans to live apart from each other. The Kainaj are one of the species that have lower numbers compared with the rest, the reasons for this are mostly unknown to outsiders.
The citadel is controlled by the most numerous clans and although internal warfare is uncommnon, once a clan reaches a respectable size it might challenge the current leading clan. If victorious, they exchange control of their settlements for the citadel. All of the settlements are usually built with the same dedication and care as the citadel, but in a smaller scale and according to what is available in the place it is settled.
Most Kainaj depend on water to survive and it is rare to see them too far away from bodies of water. There are some that have developed the ability to endure for longer periods of time, which usually are the ones that create new settlements and find safe routes for travel between them.
Along with the Kaikedden and the Ictei, their main economical activity is the exploitation of resources of the depths, giving a wide variety of works and guilds amongst their ranks. Their economy is solid and self sustainable. They depend little of other species and usually sell their products close to the safety of the shores.
The Kainaj are naturally inclined towards water related magic, but most develop skills in other areas. It is not uncommon to see them practicing magic in secluded areas of their settlements, if you have enough contacts to access this places. They are not seeing as a war faring race, but they can be fierce fighters when placed in jeopardy.

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

^^; Sorry again.

One of the few groups that had nothing prepared, plotwise. That's why it looks different from the Kainaj and the Kirin.

Edun:
The Edun usually inhabit in large open forests with fairly cool temperatures. They are a fairly pacific race with low numbers, and although their diets and some costumes differ amongst the subspecies it is not rare to see more than one clan of different subspecies living in the same settlement. They lack a large main city but instead have a large towns that work as a sociopolitical center for each of the subspecies. The settlements are usually built amongst the trees, their characteristics and colors usually makes them blend so well that you might be in the middle of one of them and not notice it.  The Edun are lively folk and although they are not trusting, they usually treat visitors well.
They are renown for their festivals and craftsmanship, being unrivaled in their work on wood. It is said that the Edun posses the secrets of the tree's metabolism and are able to make them grow in the less welcoming soils. Cunning and curious, the Edun posses great knowledge of the forests, rivaled, maybe, only by the Lundien. Their main economic activity is done by artisans who work on the wood they get from the trees. Their talent is unique and mostly unrivaled, many craftmen from all over Zelia seek them to learn their secrets, although few are taken as apprentices.
The Edun work with a democratic organization amongst the clans, each chooses a representative that reunite in council every year to discuss issues that affect them. Ahead is chosen amongst the representatives to give judgement and take decisions when needed. They usuallyattend their own business and have little involvement with other species, unless they are called or visited. They usually posses abilities in nature related magic, but there are other branches that chose to delve in other types of magic, not as related to their lifestyle.
Most clans settlements are quite independent and can fare quite well without outside intervention. Each have their 'Avenue of Workshops' where the best of each artisan's work is usually displayed outside for the visitors and potential clients. It is rare to see an Edun fall a tree, they take the wood from them, usually without killing the tree, and apply a balm that slowly helps it restore the removed wood. The recipe for this one is secret and is usually handed down within each family.

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

Well, what can I say? The species develop as I daydream/write/use them in rps, so although the Edun are one of my favorite, I haven't had a setting where I could involve one of them.

bluemoon

I was trying to go against my norm, and I love raccoons too, so it only made sense to me ^_^
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

FallenFeather

Lypiphera

((Going to have to step out of this rp I fear. With luck I may be able to jump in a little later but at the moment I need to deal with some stuff irl and its only fair for me to keep going with the few rps I have already posted in when I can rather than trying to start something new and not being able to keep up with it! I hope it all goes well for you and I'm sorry to let you down!))

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

I'm sorry I haven't posted the thread yet, I'm studying and posting it might take some time so....

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

^^, Sorry, I've been busy, it will be up tonight. Or tomorrow around 1 am. In my time zone. :P It's 05:40 pm right now.

bluemoon

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Zelric Miras

For now it will be in the extreme small group board. If we get larger, I'll ask for it to be moved. We will all begin in Marun Emil, since we are few I'll divide us amongst three cities, you may choose which:

1:Kilied: it's an small settlement, with only the basic buildings, that works as a transport center since there are many portals to different parts of the Marun. None to leave it though. There's a large central plaza where the Lunkin grow in a tight circle around an obelisk, the portals open towards the outside of the circle. It is one of the few places where battle is largely forbidden, as long as you remain in the area of the plaza where the lunkin are.

2.Balah: It's located next to a large lake, half of the city is underwater. It works as access and trading outpost to the rainde mines that are located a few kilometers under the town. There are quarrels now and then but the mining guild controls the town and will take measures against anyone who disrupts the trade or the mining.

3.Emil Citadel: The largest city in the hro-Marun it holds the Emil fortress and it's city. It is the only large access from Emil to the other Maruns. Most of the goods are brought here for transport to other Maruns. There is an underground and aerial trade routes that go to all the hro-Marun, both guarded by the Entur. It is the only place where battle is completely forbidden and it holds medical facilities and meeting halls, the latter are used for diplomatic gatherings. It's walls can stand extended siege and there is a large lake inside that is used for the buildings and facilities intended for largely aquatic beings.

Mi char will begin in the Emil Citadel. As soon as you choose I'll post the thread.

To alxnjsh, Lypiphera, Brave Earth and any one else who is interested, you may join later on if you wish to do so. I'll get your characters in shortly after you post your CS.

FallenFeather

bluemoon

I'm thinking Killed....sounds like a place where a thief could get away with something *laughs*
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

Looks like the Gypsy Sorceress will be starting in Balah.  A city half underwater... who can resist something like that?

Zelric Miras

Quote from: Leorobin on September 22, 2010, 02:09:16 AM
For now it will be in the extreme small group board. If we get larger, I'll ask for it to be moved. We will all begin in Marun Emil, since we are few I'll divide us amongst three cities, you may choose which:

1:Kilied: it's an small settlement, with only the basic buildings, that works as a transport center since there are many portals to different parts of the Marun. None to leave it though. There's a large central plaza where the Lunkin grow in a tight circle around an obelisk, the portals open towards the outside of the circle. It is one of the few places where battle is largely forbidden, as long as you remain in the area of the plaza where the lunkin are.

2.Balah: It's located next to a large lake, half of the city is underwater. It works as access and trading outpost to the rainde mines that are located a few kilometers under the town. There are quarrels now and then but the mining guild controls the town and will take measures against anyone who disrupts the trade or the mining.

3.Emil Citadel: The largest city in the hro-Marun it holds the Emil fortress and it's city. It is the only large access from Emil to the other Maruns. Most of the goods are brought here for transport to other Maruns. There is an underground and aerial trade routes that go to all the hro-Marun, both guarded by the Entur. It is the only place where battle is completely forbidden and it holds medical facilities and meeting halls, the latter are used for diplomatic gatherings. It's walls can stand extended siege and there is a large lake inside that is used for the buildings and facilities intended for largely aquatic beings.

Mi char will begin in the Emil Citadel. As soon as you choose I'll post the thread.

To alxnjsh, Lypiphera, Brave Earth and any one else who is interested, you may join later on if you wish to do so. I'll get your characters in shortly after you post your CS.
I'd like to know where you would like to start, Bella.

Zelric Miras

Bella90

Zelric Miras