Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alsheriam

Quote from: Rhedyn on November 29, 2010, 01:39:55 PM
Thank you Alsheriam, I certainly hope so  ;)

And might I say I love your choice of Simon Baker as a model for Mike *drools*

Thank you. *grin* To be honest I didn't even know who this model is. All I did was to search for a decent, matured-looking Irish man and found the bloke.
A/A

Secretwriter

Kendra - When reading your bio, I missed the period and read it as a comma.

QuoteA matching wall, another car, a tree. Her mother,

Needless to say... >.> I stopped and went wtf?  Oh... and then laughed. *facepalms*

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Secretwriter

In response to Hellion and Black Howling,

This isn't a majorly combative game.  There will be training exercises that Adonis is planning, I think. He mentioned them last night when we were plotting.  This game is to basically explore the emotions of living with mutations, developing characters, and connecting with them.  It's for people to interact with others and to have fun.  Of course there will be sex… But there will also be simulations where they have to work together and use their abilities to fight something be it in the Danger Room or an attack on the school by Anarchy X.   Combat is part of it but not the main focus.  It's for Writers who want to experience the environment and the world. 

Serious combat games require a system.  This one is freeform.

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Black Howling

That was kind of what I figured. The X-men will bring light combat, they always do; but it's seems more drama based, with a focus on creative role-playing and character interaction. At-least, that's the way it seems to me. Lol

Secretwriter

*giggles*  Where'd you get your avatar, Black Howling?

Black Howling

Photobucket. It's been removed for violating terms of service, but E seemed to keep it right here despite that. I found it on a random look for sorcerer characters, though thought it would make a good avi.

Adonis

Alsherim - Character is a bit too old for the position desired(RA's tend to be only a year or so older than incoming freshman college students). Instead of moving his entire bio around to accommodate an age change, why not take a professor position or one of the other faculty positions? His  secondary power limitation needs to be discussed a bit more, as it sounds exactly like what happens to normal musculature :p Other than those two minor details, the sheet is fine with me.

Howling - I see no problem with your proposed character. Upon secret's approval, I welcome you to the game !

Kendra - the metal shield, does it form a bubble looking thing around her, or does her skin turn into a metal, like the big colossus guy did? That's my only question that I could find before I give her the stamp o' approval.

Aiden - Lol. I love the character, has my approval. Upon Secret's approval, welcome to the game !

Rhedyn - Only thing that I could spot was the conflicting nature between being an "independent" and in the school's counselor position at the same time. Independents, by nature, don't really give a dam as to what happens, just as long as it doesn't affect them. She would be a bit better off swaying towards the Xavier faction is she's going to be advising for them, ya know?

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Kendra

BH - thanks for compliment - I think she's pretty cool too.
Like your own character also ;)

Secret - Had me in giggles, read back over the sentence and was tempted to bolden the full stop. lol

Adonis - Her skin turns to metal ;)

Secretwriter

Alsherim - I'm I agreement with Adonis. I suggest being the secondary counselor or perhaps a professor.  Asking you to change the age would result in changing your entire character and I personally find him enjoyable.

Black Howling - Welcome to the game, please post your bio here.

Kendra - I, too, await further information on that aspect of your character.   Info given, mods conversing.  Processing... Processing... Process-  Kendra, Welcome to the game with Adonis's approval.

Aiden - Welcome to the game, please post your bio here.

Rhedyn - I'm also in agreement with Adonis here, I find her to be in the wrong position to be an independent party.  I'm gonna stop here before I sound even more like a parrot, we're just very much in agreement.   The rest of your bio is great and I very much enjoyed it.

Secretwriter

Quote from: Kendra on November 29, 2010, 02:38:19 PM
BH - thanks for compliment - I think she's pretty cool too.
Like your own character also ;)

Secret - Had me in giggles, read back over the sentence and was tempted to bolden the full stop. lol

Adonis - Her skin turns to metal ;)

Haha. Yeah it was one of those... huh? He hides behind her mother?!? What kind of fuckin- ohhhh. *blush* 

Rhedyn

Quote from: Adonis on November 29, 2010, 02:33:33 PM
Rhedyn - Only thing that I could spot was the conflicting nature between being an "independent" and in the school's counselor position at the same time. Independents, by nature, don't really give a dam as to what happens, just as long as it doesn't affect them. She would be a bit better off swaying towards the Xavier faction is she's going to be advising for them, ya know?

I put independent because I thought, with her background as it is, she would be reluctant to side with a 'faction', at least at first. Her ability and character make it difficult for her to not give a damn, plus she wants to stay there because it's a safe environment where she can use her gift for good...but if you think your suggestion makes more sense I'll change it in the character information, just let me know.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Adonis

Kendra - Thanks for the clarification. The limitations more than match up for what you'd like, and it should be fun to watch her develop  :-) Has my stamp of approval.

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Rhedyn on November 29, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
I put independent because I thought, with her background as it is, she would be reluctant to side with a 'faction', at least at first. Her ability and character make it difficult for her to not give a damn, plus she wants to stay there because it's a safe environment where she can use her gift for good...but if you think your suggestion makes more sense I'll change it in the character information, just let me know.

My big worry with her being an independent counselor is that she would try to steer the others, knowingly or not, into her way of thinking.  If you can play it neutrally, then maybe we can convince her down the line to change alliances.  *Insert Dr. Evil Pinky grin here*

Skye

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Adonis

Im gonna agree (mostly because we're bombarding each other with discussions as we approve and question things lol.)

Rheyden, if you can play it neutrally, then you've my stamp of approval as well. Go ahead and move the character sheet over to the bio section here.
O/O's

Alsheriam

Hmm. A professorial position would be fun, though I'd have to tweak the age to 30 to make the character more believable and credible as a 'professor' without a PhD, but then again he's well on his way to earning it!

Using that see-through ability would also work wonders for catching the naughty, pesky students trying to text their friends underneath their desks. Tut tut. *wags finger* I don't know what to do with the secondary power, however. Michael is somewhat of a 'weak' mutant in that manner of classification without uber awesome powers. What sort of limitation should I throw in for the secondary power?

A/A

Rhedyn

Quote from: Secretwriter on November 29, 2010, 02:46:56 PM
My big worry with her being an independent counselor is that she would try to steer the others, knowingly or not, into her way of thinking.  If you can play it neutrally, then maybe we can convince her down the line to change alliances.  *Insert Dr. Evil Pinky grin here*

I would rather, with both of your agreement, do it that way. I believe I would be playing it neutrally. Ultimately she wants to help the students emotionally, she's not there to steer anyone into her own way of thinking, she just wants a safe place to stay where she can feel like she belongs. Being independent also opens that whole possibility as you mentioned or she may become more firmly attached to the Xavier faction...which would probably be more likely because of the type of character she is in my mind.

...Ok, thanks guys. I'll move it over now  ;D

Secretwriter

That works for me, Rhedyn. ^.^ Thank you. Welcome to the game! <3 

Alsheriam - we're discussing you now.  Hopefully we'll have an answer within a few moments.

Kendra

Quote from: Secretwriter on November 29, 2010, 02:39:26 PM
Haha. Yeah it was one of those... huh? He hides behind her mother?!? What kind of fuckin- ohhhh. *blush*

lol actually that would be kind of hilarious ;)

Thank you both for the approval.
Will I move her bio over?

Adonis

Yes Ma'am kendra.

Alsheriam (if I dont beat Secret in typing) - You've our approval to go ahead and move it over to the bio's as good to go. If it becomes obviously overpowered, we can discuss a little editing to the limitation.
O/O's

Kendra

Black Howling

Oh my, the OOC is moving too fast for my small brain to keep up with. Lol

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Black Howling on November 29, 2010, 03:01:45 PM
Oh my, the OOC is moving too fast for my small brain to keep up with. Lol

I think you're just distracted.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Adonis

Yeah, it's doing a number on myself and Secret trying to keep up with the rapidfire back and forth's. Especially with her setting up threads and me creating the wiki all at the same time haha. Needless to say, fingers are flying!
O/O's