Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyp

Hello gladiator, I was wondering if the RP wasn't too full or if it wasn't too late to join. If it is full or too late, no worries but if I can join that would be awesome.

Lost Viking

If there is still a place for me to join I would like to play as a marine pilot.

Gladiator0161

Hunter Pheonix, no problem man, I've had a run of busy days myself. So, no rush.

Kyp and Lost Viking, you two are welcome to join so long as you read everything that has been posted thus far and post up a character. Thanks for the interest and I hope you enjoy yourselves.

Note to all: Spartans stand at minimum 7 feet tall, this is cannon knowledge, please do not stray from it or you will not be acknowledged as a Spartan, you will be treated as a ODST, Marine or civilian with a military background. I'm sorry but, no exceptions.

So, Nerdychic447, please modify your post to account for this since you have said that your character is indeed a Spartan.

Renegade Vic

Hello, hello- Vengurd referred me here and said it might be possible to get involved in this particular storyline, and if that's the case, I'd love to jump in as an ODST.

Gladiator0161

Ah, well, any friend of Vengurd's is a friend of mine. Your welcome to join ofcourse just please put down a little sample of your character. Nothing special, a picture, their name, height, speciality and maybe a little about them in particular, something about their life or their personality. Thanks for joining and I hope to be rping with you soon.

ashia starstreak

Gladiator0161 I have noticed your posting a few days ago, but never bothed to contact you. It is rare for me to join in many roleplays, however, your idea has intrigued me. I do more reading than posting and take a story I involve myself quite seriously. I'm interested in this roleplay. Upon your acceptance, I will be a private marine. There is a good reason behind it which will be explained along the way. I wish to be something such as a pion, because they are constantly brought into play so there is no limited time I must join. I'll read along and join when I feel it is appropriate, so long as I am confirmed a member to your story.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Hunter Phoenix

woo another potential RPer in the group :D
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

Ofcourse you can join Ashia Starstreak, thanks for the interest! I'd be glad to have a new person in this thread.
Maybe you can even teach these guys how to post (insert joke here) XD

I have no problem with you being a low level marine either btw and I'm curious as to your idea. I look forward to finding out exactly what it is too.

Also, guys, if you've been mulling over something that you've been wanting to do on here, please, feel free to post your idea in here. I mean, it can't hurt to let me know what you need to liven the thread up can it? Or if real life's just left you drained of mojo, don't worry about it. I've been there and probably will be there again sometime, lol.

ashia starstreak

I've been role playing since 1997, but I'm not sure how much help I could be, though, once I've become involved, I tend to see it through. because I tend to do more reading and research, I've been in situations where the game has been retired before it has even brushed the surface and before I have been given a shot to join.

I know a few things about the military. Friends have been involved and I've seen enough footage and read enough to get a feel for it. Rarely do I create a new character for a role play, but this one seems worth my while. I won't give much detail before I post, I will share a few describing words. Female, stop-loss, demerits, pain.

In the Halo series, when the enemy is no longer present a pelican usually drops off more troops before the mission can continue. The communication is out and only after it is restored can a pelican bring more troops. When the comms is back up, I might bring her into play or hold off longer depending on how the story goes along.

Keep in mind: I own no computer. The only means to my responses to you are from my phone, so my responses may not become quick and due to its freezing I will need to post several times to one response before I have completed it. It will be viewed as a single post. If you see a (c) at the end, wait for my post is still being worked upon. I'll place a (e) to notify that it is a completed post. If that doesn't work, I'll think of something else.

Gladiator0161

Alright cool. Thanks for explaining your situation, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, I was planning on returning to hunting down some of the radio jammers when everyone was all caught up on what has happened thus far. I left the ending of my post open like i did to give you guys a way to add to the story if the muse was flowing. I might go ahead and edit my last post if someone doesn't post in the next week or so.

ashia starstreak

Hunter Phoenix I have noticed you haven't given much details on your spartan. What colors are on his armor? It might come in handy for me once I participate in the story.

Hunter Phoenix

my first post holds the colours of my spartan, beyond that it isn't really required

I stand corrected haha it wasn't in my post like I first thought, have added it in now, I didn't think it was really that important at the time XD either that or I just forgot about it

ashia starstreak

Hm..*smiles* When there is more than one of something, it's better to have multiple ways to describe the difference to keep away from confusement and repetitiveness. Of course in a roleplay, it's easy to point out who is doing an action, but even then it can be difficult to determine who is recieving it if there are, for example, muliple "he"s or in this case "spartan" or even "covenant".

Gladiator0161

Looks like we got a little activity in the thread, which is good but...I need something to reply to, lol. Gimme moar! XD

ashia starstreak

Quite painfully slow, but that is alright. So long as the flame continues to burn, I'll wait patiently until the time comes for me to post something. I've waited two years since my last game, what's another two years?

Gladiator0161

well, you have more than enough material to make an introductory post atleast just based on the previous posts, go ahead and post something. No need to wait :D

Hunter Phoenix

sorry guys, im taking some time out from RPing, I've had a lot of stuff kick off here recently that has pretty much destroyed my creativity so I'm taking some time out to chill and recharge my batteries, then I shall return with more passion and fire for the RP so that I can write a lot better and be more of a contributor to the cause of making a great Halo Rp.

God speed to you all, Gladiator, I know you are in charge of quite a few characters now, but please, either you or someone else take command of Hunter for now please.

Thank you for being awesome and epic RP partners

Gladiator0161

No problem man, I know life can tough sometimes. Take your time and recooperate. I hope you get things worked out, and don't worry about your character "Hunter". I'll keep him alive for ya ;)

ashia starstreak

Authors do tend to use ****** or even create a new chapter to indicate a space in time or to change characters, so it could work in this case for a possible space in time for the spartans to place them in a different point of interest instead of walking them to it. In this case, I will have to create a new chapter in order for it to flow correctly.

I have tried to lengthen a single post, but it causes complications and it only ends in frustration and no outcomes. I will be forced to post more than once for a single reply, unfortunatly, so be sure to look for the <c> and <e> at the end of each of my posts to determine if I am continuing a response or if I have ended it.

MassEffectFan112

I am very intrested in playing in a halo roleplay

ashia starstreak

MassEffectFan112 This is a slow moving thread and one must have patience. I have been looking over this particular thread for about a month now and only recently been able to post (found a temporary computer to be able to place it in one post). I'm sure Gladiator0161 would not mind another player, but if I were him..I'd be mighty disappointed if you dropped out. He's already in control of quite a few dropped characters and I can only imagine how tiring it must be to have to control them all. That is just my opinion I do not hold any say of what he may decide.

I am also a pretty big fan :) halo is one of the very few shooting games I am willing to play. They are quite entertaining I think.

Gladiator0161

Thanks for the back up Ashia Starstreak, and you're right, I would be dissapointed if another player dropped out. I'd love for you to join but, you need to be active in here and patient, as my mojo for writing has taken a turn lately. There simply isn't enough for me to reply to most of the time. So, as long as your willing to read what's been going on, be active and write more than a single sentence in your posts, I grant you permission to join.

Thanks for the interest!

Hunter Phoenix

Howdy everyone

I am feeling a little better than I was a couple of weeks back, I aren't 100% still, there is still a lot going on, but I am back for the duration, I'll skim through the RP and see where we are

If you will have me back of course.

Gladiator0161

Glad to have you back aboard Hunter Pheonix! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sorry I've been gone so long guys. I kinda got caught up in work and playing Flyff (Fly For Fun), lol. I'll try to be more regular on here from now on.

Hunter Phoenix

Thanks GLad, its good to be back, I know I wasn't gone all that long but still it is good to be back all the same